Archived A Massivecraft Plugin Idea~ Voxel Player Models.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GARYtheCANNIBAL

Hardly active, 19
Reaction score
In the spirit of Toxiclord 's thread about the More Player Models plugin/mod, (the development of which has been slowed a bit by the 1.7 update), I have decided to go out on a limb and suggest a similar plugin/mod, called Voxel Player Models.

Here are some things that makes VPM even better than MPM. :D
  • You have in-depth tools at your disposal to completely customize your character to look however you want
  • You are not limited to preset looks and options
  • It does not come with the option to turn into mobs, eliminating the "ZOMGZ ENDERDRAGON IN REGALIA!1!!!11!" problem.
  • Creating art to use for the mod takes a bit more time than just whipping one up randomly with the pre-loaded MPM settings, discouraging spam art/bad-looking characters
  • It is already updated to 1.7.+ and is fully server compatible
  • Players that enjoy being commissioned to make custom skins for other players, this is your big chance: you could make a considerable profit drawing up skins specially made for VPM. As it's 3D and more complex than creating and/or editing normal skins, it would make sense to charge more for doing those.
Here are some things that pose obstacles. :/
  • Creating the character could be complicated and a bit harder
  • Edits to the appearance might take longer
  • It does not come with animations like MPM did
  • The setup is a little less user friendly and cannot be used while in-game
Anyway, I'd like some feedback on this idea! Questions, comments, whatever?! Let me hear it!
Link to the VPM thread: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...n-of-binarywolfs-custom-player-models-for-15/

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If VPM had Animations for its models i would have a different opinion. But i do admit it would be cool to see all the ideas people would have for their models.

I feel like this allows for a bit more creativity in player design (this could be really good or really bad but I like to assume we can all keep things within reason). Supported

I think this would be very useful for rp but disturbing for raids and pvp

My only concern is my ability to be a kitten. If this mod allows me to be said kitten I support it.

๖ۣۜNow that I fully view this, it sort of is restricting me. The model is stuck only with legs, but I cannot change it around so it can become a tail, as a character I am experimenting with is a Slither...

Status
Not open for further replies.