Archived A List Of Suggestions & Likely Unwanted Opinions.

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Feyona

Lord
Reaction score
I've been on the game a few months now, and I've noticed a few general complaints. I've come up with a short list of ones that I've been mulling over for a while lately, and I think that I've arrived at a few solutions that might help a bit.

1. On the issue of inflation and item value.
- In-game purchasing of a premium-like rank or temporary purchase of premium abilities. I believe that by including a ranking similar to premium but lacking some of the entire benefits, we could increase the value of silver exponentially. Perhaps if there was a way for non-premiums who can't afford premium to 'pay' for portals, it would take a bit more silver out of the economy from players who don't intend to purchase premium, but are serious enough that they have need of portals.

For example: Player 1 would like to have a few premium bonuses without spending money. For 500s, they can purchase a few rights a month without getting the lovely premium package.

In the event this doesn't work, there's always an alternative:

Ex. Player 2 would like to set up a portal leading from one of their bases to another. Each portal would cost 100s to 'activate', and when they use the named clock, it automatically deducts 100s from their account. Portal will not activate if they have insufficient funds.

2. Faction overpopulation & Inflation, continued.
I think we've all noticed a very serious problem when we look at dynmap: there are factions. Everywhere. A large number of them don't even have active members; people will sign on, beg or scrape to get enough money for a faction, then leave. Even worse, the number of 'Alt' factions with claimed land is astounding. I know you might want to reserve land with an alternate faction, but how is that realistic or fair to the rp universe on which Massive is based as well?

The point being, new players are able to form factions entirely too easily without getting 'the feel' of the game. It's like a shiny toy on the shelf for children: "I see everyone else having that, I don't want to have to follow directions to get it or wait. I want it now, even if I don't know how it works or what it's good for."

Solution?
Increase the prices of factions exponentially. I know that they were once cheaper, and even free. As the server saw increases of supplies and players, therefore silver, the price raised. It's time to do that one again. New players will be forced to 'learn the ropes' a bit more, and join factions for protection until they are actually prepared to lead a faction of their own.

I suggest at least 500s.

3. Faction power based on wealth as well, economy recovery.Silver is definitely entering Massive more quickly than what it seems Massive is capable of handing. The next idea will probably be even less popular, but it's based off of a reasonable idea. I know there are several smaller factions that have more money, but less players. It's difficult to trust new people in a faction, particularly after being repeatedly griefed by new players, yet I find many people want to increase their building and homes.

This is why I'm proposing the ability to purchase chunks of land with money, not just faction power/members.
Understandably this can be abused to where wealthier factions are able to take entire continents, which is why I'm also proposing that factions only be allowed so many chunks per continent, if this idea is implemented. Not insanely low numbers, rather, 50-100 chunks seems fair per-world. This gives factions that do have wealth and influence but a lower number a fair chance at equal builds to larger and more powerful factions.

I'm basing this off of roleplay logistics and reality-- yes, a horde of dwarves can own an entire mountain, but so can a wealthy/rich family with only a few members. Those who have money often have land, after all. I'm not saying make each chunk only 10s-- verifiably, if we're using the 'rich people can purchase land', obviously the chunk price would match the ability to buy it. Possibly 25, or even 50 silver per chunk.

This will also take silver 'out of the system', and raise its value.

I hope you'll give these ideas consideration, and also provide your valuable input on them.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Great, the poll at the top glitched...

I'm not one for polls, but I do like idea two and three.

I like all three to be honest. But more so number 3. It would also give those that have money and a faction more room to play with when designing. Say if you wanted to get a structure done before recruiting members so that things are more organized, you'd be able to do it with more ease with a system like this.

Great ideas!

๖ۣۜI liked the first one the best. Although, there also is a flaw to it. If you have enough money, say 100s to make a portal, wouldn't you also have enough money to purchase Premium from someone else? That money might circulate a bit in the system there, I would think the price for it should be lowered, not to like 20$, but certainly lower, perhaps even 75$ will do.

๖ۣۜI liked the first one the best. Although, there also is a flaw to it. If you have enough money, say 100s to make a portal, wouldn't you also have enough money to purchase Premium from someone else? That money might circulate a bit in the system there, I would think the price for it should be lowered, not to like 20$, but certainly lower, perhaps even 75$ will do.

Currently the exchange rate is roughly 200s=8 dollars, so, 200s for premium in-game. If these silver sinkholes do become implemented, then the prices of purchasing premium from a third-party-player should rise as well.

Currently the exchange rate is roughly 200s=8 dollars, so, 200s for premium in-game. If these silver sinkholes do become implemented, then the prices of purchasing premium from a third-party-player should rise as well.

๖ۣۜActually, the price would lower. Knowing as silver eventually begins to grow in worth, the prices would eventually lower because they would begin to become too expensive to purchase with normal silver, possibly even going back to it's original price, 100$ for a month of Premium.

You forgot the "None of them" option in the poll.

-snip-

3. Faction power based on wealth as well, economy recovery.Silver is definitely entering Massive more quickly than what it seems Massive is capable of handing. The next idea will probably be even less popular, but it's based off of a reasonable idea. I know there are several smaller factions that have more money, but less players. It's difficult to trust new people in a faction, particularly after being repeatedly griefed by new players, yet I find many people want to increase their building and homes.

This is why I'm proposing the ability to purchase chunks of land with money, not just faction power/members.
Understandably this can be abused to where wealthier factions are able to take entire continents, which is why I'm also proposing that factions only be allowed so many chunks per continent, if this idea is implemented. Not insanely low numbers, rather, 50-100 chunks seems fair per-world. This gives factions that do have wealth and influence but a lower number a fair chance at equal builds to larger and more powerful factions.

I'm basing this off of roleplay logistics and reality-- yes, a horde of dwarves can own an entire mountain, but so can a wealthy/rich family with only a few members. Those who have money often have land, after all. I'm not saying make each chunk only 10s-- verifiably, if we're using the 'rich people can purchase land', obviously the chunk price would match the ability to buy it. Possibly 25, or even 50 silver per chunk.

This will also take silver 'out of the system', and raise its value.

I hope you'll give these ideas consideration, and also provide your valuable input on them.

Absolutely shameless refference to own Idea (which is kinda like this, but more limited): http://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/silver-sinkhole-powerboost.12769/

On another note I agree with the increase in faction prices. There are more then enough factions already in existance , many of them recruiting , so there is little to no excuse to not join one of them at the beginning instead of making a own fac.

The third idea with the second one if implemented will lead to extinction of smaller factions, because not everyone can afford creating one with this price and they will not be able to afford enough land, but bigger and richer factions most likely will grow. The total amount of factions will fall, but the size of the left ones will increase. Wars will become more interesting, bigger and probably longer. People may become more loyal to their factions, because it will be harder to find another one.

But I don't think it is the right time for these changes.

nray93
My apologies. I tried to check the forums a bit beforehand to see if any of these ideas had already been listed, but it seems I overlooked your board entirely.

nray93
My apologies. I tried to check the forums a bit beforehand to see if any of these ideas had already been listed, but it seems I overlooked your board entirely.

The shameless part was directed at myself for mentioning MY idea/thread in YOUR thread. You did nothing wrong :)

Status
Not open for further replies.