A Letter To Bones And Dust

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by KonaKitsune, Sep 10, 2021.

1. KonaKitsune

KonaKitsune Aspiring Bard

An arrow, painted a brilliant sea green with glitter adorning its fletched feathers, would find itself embedded deeply into the wood of the Greygate noticeboard. How it got there remains to be seen. Furled around its shaft, held by twine, was a parchment. It held a passage written in spidery handwriting and black ink, save the signatures.

----------------------------------------------------=====[####]=====----------------------------------------------------
    To Xilthruum, Skeletal Lich and (self-proclaimed) ‘Lord’ of None.

The only monsters in this world are you. And those, like you, who seek only to gain dominion over others; terrible man-beasts whose hunger is not satiated by food nor flesh, but by despair and commotion. In truth, every living thing that has lived seeks dominion over one domain or another; nobles seek power over the commoners, guards seek power over criminals, gangs seek power over territory.

The difference between these items is something rather simple. They, simply put, only want control to build their own environment. You, on the other hand, only want control to hold it and covet it as the Imperial Crown covets honor. But even now, your control is contested and held together by the pettiest and tiniest of strings. Cahal roam your strongholds backside. Mercenaries pillage and capture whomever vampiric persons they please. And greater still is the overarching populace, simply waiting for you to make one single mistake.

There is no way out. A hole dug too deep has turned to a grave; for you, it shall remain unmarked. I hope you’ve grown a resistance to arrows as many vampires I’ve fought have, lest you end up in the grave you dug for yourself. The divine have already passed their judgement; it is up to those peoples, the gentlefolk, the common rabble to make the delivery.

I do not care for your response. The smartest thing to do for you would be to throw the crown off of your head before I loose an arrow at it. You know my aim is true.

Signed,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Player Tags @Magivore @SaltyLikeTheSea @DrHasagi @Nirnro0t

• Immersive Immersive x 4
    • Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Magivore

Magivore No Rest For The Wicked

"I have met no one who has obsessed over one arrow so heavily," the creature grumbled from within their halls. It was clear what was being said by now, by either leaks in communication or people willingly supplanting it.

"Has this person had their head buried in their colon? Did they miss the part where I blew up half the goddamn city and scared the Imperial Navy into keeping away from the ports? Are they completely unaware I know exactly where and who every single person who signed this paper is right now? Do they think they are the only person in Aloria that has shot me before? I should really re-evaluate the city's stances on asylums if this person is allowed to keep walking."

• Powerful x 17
    • Agree x 2
    • Immersive x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  3. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

A Ward of Fae Knight glanced aside to the argent spear leant against the wall, before turning back to the letter. He chuckled quietly to himself then, musing.

"He wrote all of that because of one arrow? Maybe I should write one of these."

4. bahmboozled

bahmboozled bahmboozling

Its weary body creaks in the weight of marble, exhaustion it was unable to contend with eating away at it; a new body was hard to get used to, after all.

Although Drulailmon's mockery eagerly clung onto their voice, glancing over this letter.

"Very self-aggrandising. One instance is not something to be fawned overif anything, it has made them more cautious, what to watch out for in the future."

A moment's pause came, bitterness coming in the strangest of voice that flowed as if it came from the deepest depths of caverns.

"You should have finished your 'job' the moment you let go of that string. Now agonise as it reigns free for another day of terror."

• Like Like x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  5. Karthadon

Karthadon Mulch Enthusiast

Elahera squinted at the parchment before offering a huff of a laugh "What kinda weak shit is this? Good for you, guy, you can shoot arrows. Nobody cares." The Crimson Witch shook her head, long hair falling over her shoulders like waves. "Now to find which fucker stole my damned shoes."

6. DrFong

DrFong The Knave of Rats

Shredded on his lyre with +1 instrument skill while squealing, "Impervious to FIRE! Impervious to STEEL!"

7. Magivore

Magivore No Rest For The Wicked

Days after the letter had landed upon the doorstep of Greygate, a reply had been made. Each signature was cut off from its initial page and plastered on a new one. While there were no words beyond the signage, a horrifying warning was left behind:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    0d3d247496e32cd05d1394ae462297f5.png
    [​IMG]

• Powerful Powerful x 6
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1