A Dream That Almost Died

Astraaeus

Archangel of Warfare
Reaction score
Dear players of MassiveCraft,

Long ago, sometime in 2017-18 MassiveCraft faced a crisis. The departure of the prior owner and developer Cayorian. During this time, hard decisions had to be made and a lot of work had to be done across all departments to maintain this wonderful server. MassiveCraft touched the lives of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of individual souls, with each unique story to tell.

We, the dreamers, and most importantly MonMarty said no to letting the dream die. This was 5 years ago. This also marks the end and restructuring of the sharding protocol which made MassiveCraft so well-built for multi-world and CPU management. I want you to close your eyes for a moment and picture Aloria, what is it to you? And not just this world but the dreams you have at night about living the lives of your characters, having their abilities or weaknesses, the personalities and souls that you have cultivated in the digital. What are they worth?

To me, they are worth more than gold, more than money, more than anything in this world. They are memories, and friendships, romances and social connections that transcend the limits of time and space. This server continues to stand strong, even as the factions and other communities dwindle from the legendary levels of activity as it was once in the past.

This is my ode and thank you letter to all the dreamers on MassiveCraft, especially MonMarty and his hard working team of Lore staff that continue to work day and night to tirelessly forge a world that, one day, may be possible to visit by virtual reality, or in truth - because the future is never designed. I have played on this server since I was 11 years old and enjoyed every moment of it. This server has become both my childhood and adulthood, MassiveCraft taught me how to effectively write better than any English class I've ever taken. Analyzing themes and stimulating mental imagery is so good for your neural health.

And this is why I stand today to write this post: our dreams are still alive, and will continue to live, so let's work together as a community, whether you are staff or not to be inspired by the hard work and dedication that is done by the team, and never let this dream die, and even though all good things must come to an end eventually, this server has stood the test of time since 2012. That is 11 years. And never once has the dream died in my mind, even when I am not active here, I dream of Aloria, I dream of the people and characters I've met while travelling this Multiverse. And so firmly I believe, it will no longer be MassiveCraft, but the MassiveVerse. Thank you to all those I have met on this journey, and returning back to (who knows how long) activity, has been nothing short of a pleasure.

Thank you everyone,
Astraaeus