A Day Of Höglander Culture

Discussion in 'Player Events' started by BeashSlap, Aug 28, 2020.

1. BeashSlap

BeashSlap The Watcher

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

“The eighteenth, ninth month! Mark the calendars, a day of Höglanders is approaching!”

House Viduggla wishes to bring alive the Höglander culture and showcase it here, in the capital, to the citizenry of Regalia. The nobility of the archipelago is invited, the aristocracy of the realm and so too are commoners in the good standing of the state. The event will be held in the Viduggla’s own countryside estate, at the time of 6:00 (EST) in the evening.

F E S T I V I T I E S

F E A S T

Unlike the rumors spread, Höglander dishes carry vibrant ingredients and are tasteful. The main course served will be what’s known as Bullar, a dish made up of a small sized ball of meat and spices pressed together. Attendants will be able to make their own dish of Bellar, with variations ranging from fish to beef to pork. Potatoes, greens, fish and onions will accompany the main dish, as well as Knäckebröd, a crispy flatbread. Aside from these dishes, crayfish will be on hand during the summertime for all to enjoy, a staple of Höglander tradition. Every man, no matter how lowborn may enjoy the crustacean.

W O O D C A R V I N G

Earth-like in nature, Höglander art does not attempt to be extravagant and eye popping. Their wood carvings are a mixture of the Velheimic, northern style tied in with conventional styles to an ordinary carvesmen. These carvings typical depict important scenes of regional, religious history and are rarely of living people.

H Ö J A B O L L E N C O M P E T I T I O N

Native to the Höglander’s local region, the sport of Höjabollen comes in the form of weight slinging. A heavy metal ball, totaling around some twenty-five some pounds is attached to the end of a rope. The goal of the competitions is to fling this ball as far as possible while maintaining a good pose. The judges at hand will score based on two things- Distance and form.
    The winner of the said competition will win 2,000 regals straight from the House Viduggla bank.

SET UP | Contestants must have at least 20 body stat.
    - There will be a base roll of /roll 5. Contestants may choose to have half their throwing proficiency or half their strength training added to the roll. (Ex: /roll 5 + 10 strength training / 2 = /roll 10)

- Contestants will use this roll for distance.
    - After their distance roll, contestants will /roll 5 for their form. The higher the roll, the better the form. The lower the form, the better the chances you pull a muscle.

S I G N U P S

Name |
    Character Application |
    Optional: House Representing |

H O O P T O S S
    Another type of sport enjoyed by the Höglanders is the Hoop Toss, a calm game between six people. Split into teams of three, a hoop will be placed at the foot of each team about twenty yards about. Each team is given fifteen small sandbags and five minutes to get as many bags into the opposing team’s hoop as possible. Players may try to deflect bags thrown at their hoop. Whoever gets the most bags in their opposition’s hoop wins.
    SET UP | 2 teams, 3 people each. 15 bags per team, 5 per person.

- Person A of team 1 will line opposite of Person A of team 2. Person B of team 1 will line opposite of Person B of team 2. Person C of team 1 will line opposite of Person C of team 2.
    - Person A of team 1 will go first, /roll 20. Rolling 14 or higher will get your bag in the hoop marking 1 point, but Person A of team 1 may roll (/roll 20) against you. If they roll higher than your roll, they deflect. Person B of team 1 will then roll, to which they will follow the same rule, Person B of team 2 trying to deflect. Person C of team 1 will then throw, and Person C of team 2 will try to deflect.

- Team 1 will go through their order twice, then it will switch to team 2. They will follow the same procedure as said above, going through their order twice.
    - After team 2 goes through their order twice, team 1 will throw again. They will go through 3 times, finishing off their bags. Team 2 will then follow, going through their order 3 times. The game is then over, the points counted up as the amount of bags made in the hoops. The most wins.

H E I R L O O M S
    Strongly tied to Höglander families, the House Viduggla will bring in replicas of Heirlooms belonging to families of local nobles in the province of Kerulv. These items, armors, or tools hold deep histories to them by the Höglander people, carrying a narrative of their own. The public will be able to view and learn about them.

M U S I C
    Supplied by the good Baroness of Keval, Novella Reinard of the Höglander Culture, the music of the night will be in good spirits. The Höglanders are known for their focus on both stringed instruments and the choir, making for a night of melodic tunes.

OOC INFORMATION

Who? Nobility invited, commoners open.
    What? A day of celebration for the Höglander Culture.
    When? September 18th, 6:00 EST
    Where? House Viduggla’s estate, within the courtyard. TP should be set up.

• Cuddles! x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Immersive x 1
    • Constructive x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    #1 BeashSlap, Aug 28, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  2. Surrealizm

Surrealizm Refugee

3. Aurelian30k

Aurelian30k The Fashion Knight