Dated A Couple Suggestions To Think About

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Aeyris, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Aeyris

Aeyris ex-ceo of Lyrah

- Bring back /pvp in some form - factions need a place to practice and teach new players. Or put a big warzone somewhere in the world.

- Automated events. e.i Random boss spawns somewhere in factions world.

- Have game staff reach out to players when they first join. Welcome spam was a good idea - but massive can still be very intimidating.

- Most people play with friends. And people who play with friends stay active on the server. But massive isn't very user-friendly towards new groups. Most groups want their own factions and I know empirically that when they see "You need 750r to create a faction" they are likely to log off and take all 4 of their friends with them.

- Automated messages to new players explicitly talking about: How our unique chat system work, Traits, Dynmap. Nobody reads the instructions when they spawn.

This advice isn't meant to be prescriptive. Massive's community to date hasn't grown in net numbers for a couple years. The old generation is slimming. We need fresh faces. Most of these ideas aren't limited to administration. When a new player joins don't just welcome them, teach them the ropes, invite them to your faction.

Minecraft still has more streams than a fortnight on twitch.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. ZiHAMMER

ZiHAMMER Violettee is a transgender

Just make them autojoin Hisoka.

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Educated Educated x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  3. Aeyris

Aeyris ex-ceo of Lyrah

Or Lyrah we do the same thing

4. SirePyro

SirePyro The Definition of Insanity

Done - /tp PvP

I don't know about this... if the spawns are random, that means that a random newbie could be walking along and come upon a god monster that makes them lose their items... not ideal. An interesting idea, but it does sound pretty similar to MassiveMobs, which was removed, per my understanding, due to lag issues

A fair idea and one I personally like, the issue I see with it is that A)Gamestaff are pretty busy a lot of the time with everything, and B)Due to the nature of staff, there simply is no guarantee of getting new players in and done with at times like 4 AM. It just doesn't seem practical, is all.

That makes sense to me. Is your suggestion that the creation cost be removed? I can see it being lowered, but it exists specifically to prevent a bazillion 4-man factions that are everywhere and take up lots of chunks.

I would agree. This seems a good idea, instead of randomised, automated announcements that they may not see, this could help them get figured out since, yes, many players are impatient and are annoyed by excessive signs and such.

Overall, I definitely sympathize with you and agree with the problems, just not your specific solutions(mostly). These are complex and difficult issues, and I don't think I could have done a better job myself.