A Couple Of Questions

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by FighterBoi, Jul 28, 2015.

1. FighterBoi

FighterBoi FighterBoi

Hello @Thortuna , before i continue , i would like to state that i have no provocative intentions or any ideas to aggravate you . I respect you personally as an elder (since i am 16 years old) , and a staff member and i have some honest questions , and a sense of unfairness i feel that i would like to bring up to discuss about . The reason i am confronting you with my questions is because you were responsible with my recent ban about 1 month+ ago and also was involved in my traps questions .

I shall begin with presenting you two screenshots of my edited and new version of the trap . As you can see , a pathway at the edges of the traps have been made without any water . This would allow enemies to teleport home in cases when they have harm water trait on or harm light trait to seek shelter there to teleport away . As you can see , when enemies hide on the pathway , it will also reduce any archery's vision because of the water in the way . I feel that this improvement in my trap would suffice and would like to seek any suggestion you could provide , and whether i should make any more changes [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As we move on , i would also like to ask whether there is a list of offences along side with the punishment ? The rules are preety clear , but i feel that some improvements could be made , such as providing what are the consequences . This is because some staff are more lenient and allow some offences to be given a lighter sentence whereas some staff are more harsh and the consequences given are very different . I would very much appreciate that there is a list of consequences beside the rules on the wiki .

Now this leads me to the questioning the sentence that you gave me on my recent ban where i blackmailed a player . I shall explain the situation for the sake of the players reading this page :
    Exactly 4 weeks ago . I raided a faction (forgotten the faction name) and specifically was attacking a non premium player by the name of TC_Toonlink . As I sent my first strike , i chased after him as he realized he was receiving damage and then repeatedly strike him over and over . He then combat logged and i waited 2 blocks from the position he combat logged at . As he came online a couple of minutes later , i managed to land 1 blow and he combat logged again . This continued to happen repeatedly about 4 to 5 times before i decided to give it up and AFK for a moment . At that point , he came online and managed to escape my clutches . When i returned , i messaged him "Hello TC_Toonlink , if you do not pay me regals , i will report you " . He followed up my blackmail with a reply " How much do you want " and i said " As much as you have " . This went on for about 5 minutes and i argued with him , and used his combat logging offence to threaten him . He finally gave up and said " Fine report me i dont care " , and i went on to report him . That was when i got banned a day or two after that incident and so did he.
    What was the consequence for him? 4 days temp ban for repeated combat logging.
    What was the consequence for me? permanant ban for blackmailing which reduced to two weeks tempban soon after and spent a total of 3 weeks away from massivecraft .
    I would like to state that I am by no ways right in my actions , i fully admit to it and justice was served to both parties , I apologize to my mistakes in the past and have since then refrained from repeating such actions .

However , I felt that the sentence slapped across my face was abit too harsh . My friends have also spoken to me that it must have been a painful experience and it was indeed harsh . The staff felt that my application was sincere and decided to reduce my sentence in the end but still , i served a total of 3 weeks ban . In comparison :
    TC_Toonlink - 4 days ban ( Banned by: Th3_Drunk_Monk )
    FighterBoi - 21 days ban ( Banned by: Thortuna )
    This makes me question the punishment system in massivecraft , and that it should be reviewed again . Now i am not implying that some staff are ban happy , im just saying that some staff are more harsh , with good intentions to make players abide by the rules / law . Dont you find it just too harsh for me ?

I would like to thank @Thortuna for forcing the painful experience of a 3 weeks ban into my head , and now i always refrain from going overboard in game , keeping to the correct path and being lawful .

2. spoonly

spoonly people need to hear it sometimes
    1. The Alliance

Trap house crack house

3. Jackmo_Jones

Jackmo_Jones He's the Ripper, Jack the Ripper.

Trying to blackmail a player out of their entire wealth is a much more serious offense and IMO should be a permanent ban. Battle logging doesn't really hurt anyone it's just a little annoying so honestly I would think even 3 days is an excessive ban for such a act. You should be happy they were banned at all usually it results in a day or 2 of jail.

4. FighterBoi

FighterBoi FighterBoi

Good point , I will keep that in mind . However I simply used words to intimidate him at that instant , i did not threaten to ddos him , haunt him or do anything that would make his time in massivecraft miserable . Also he only had a hundred or less regals so it also wasn't the money I was after it was kind of like the thrill . I don't see how a hundred or less regals would affect him entirely but I'm preety sure this amount of money can be earnt back in less than a day . Kinda still unhappy .

5. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss
    1. -={The Great Kingdom of SunKiss}=-

I've been caught in said trap and don't really see anything wrong with it, as you can tp out of it.

As for the blackmailing, I personally think you should've been permanently banned. The rules are there to protect you, not so you can loophole and use them to your advantage. And sure, combat logging is an issue, but one person doing it isn't really a big deal. Report it, they'll get jailed a few days and (hopefully) never do it again. If they do, they'll generally get a more severe punishment.

As for the list of punishments for the offense, this is 1. simply not realistic as most offenses have multiple levels of severity, ie, passing the block limit to break into a house is a different offense than lava griefing an entire faction, and therefor need different punishments. Second, if a player knows what will happen to them for breaking the rules, it could potentially encourage players to break the rules, as most players can decide beforehand if their crime is "worth it."

Finally, I'm pretty sure this is in the wrong section, and seems like an attack on the staff. You you honestly are using this thread for suggestions, you should not have used the names of the admins in question, as using their names makes it seem much more like a personal attack on thortuna and monk.

6. TakeDown__

TakeDown__ Faction hopper since '15

7. Miracle678

Miracle678 Your local holy knight

I can one thing to say... Your breaking the rules again cause your not supposed to complain about bans publicly on forums . If you have a problem your supposed to talk to them privately . Learned that the hard way.

8. FighterBoi

FighterBoi FighterBoi

My apologies , I dint know that such post was deemed offensive and wanted clarification to clear by doubts and questions . Thortuna said that my trap should be altered in a previous post so I modified it and am asking if its fine now . This is not a personal attack towards the staff like I said in my original post , I was simply asking whether the severity of my offence was worthy of a prem ban . The ban is over and everyone have all gotten over it , no use complaining since the punishment have served and its just an innocent question . I dont know where to post this since theres no platform for you to bring up and discuss bans so I thought pvp discussion was suitable but if a staff finds this inappropriate then feel free to lock the thread .

9. FighterBoi

FighterBoi FighterBoi

I can see that already with 3 people telling me so

10. Messivs7

Messivs7

I disagree. In this case blackmailing him isn't that bad. If he didn't want tot be threatened then he shouldn't have combat logged. That's that. It's not like he had to accept the blackmail? He could have chosen to get in trouble. If he didn't want to have to chose between trouble and losing it all, he shouldn't have logged.

11. Miracle678

Miracle678 Your local holy knight

I was too lazy to read the other replies

12. Jackmo_Jones

Jackmo_Jones He's the Ripper, Jack the Ripper.

In any case blackmailing is very bad. There's a reason Extortion is illegal in even the real world not just in game. Exploiting others mistakes for your own gain is just a slimy repulsive thing to do.

13. Messivs7

Messivs7

Extortion is forcing companies or businesses to pay you a percent of their earnings for no reason besides the fact that the exist. He asked for money because he was logging. He had a motive, unlike extortions. It could also be repulsive but he has the right to, otherwise why the hell did he log?

14. Suzzie

Suzzie [loading......]

But even so, if combat logging is a reportable offense, why not go ahead and do that, rather then ask for money? That's not exactly nice..
    Also, extortion is the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats. So in this case, it was extortion.

15. TakeDown__

TakeDown__ Faction hopper since '15

because i think fighterboi didnt had any proof. to report someone for combat logging you need proof (like a video).
    and because he couldnt him to be banned or jailed for combat logging, he asked for money threatening the player

I might be wrong here, corect me if i am @FighterBoi

16. FighterBoi

FighterBoi FighterBoi

I provided solid proof of him combat logging + him admitting to the offence .

17. Thortuna

Thortuna ThunderQueen of MassiveCraft

Ok usually we dont reply to these things but since you are all so occupied with it i will reply and close this.

1. Your trap seems fine now, the rules are pretty clear about traps and what you can and cant do but if you are in dobt make a ticket ingame and have a senior staff come look at it. I cant judge 100% based off pictures but it looks alot better then before.

2. The differance between a combat log and a blackmail infringement is quite big. Combat logging does not "hurt" anyone, however it is not allowed and is given a 1-4 day tempban/tempjail based on previous history. Blackmailing someone is not ok, it ruins their entire experience on the server. If this was a new player that maybe did not know all rules yet they would be 100% set back and would most likely quit playing. You were threatening this player quite intensely to "pay up" or you would report him, when you should have just reported him in the first place. Blackmail is never the answer, it will get you in serious trouble and you should stay clear of it.

3. Regarding rules and how every infraction is handled, every rule has its interpretations, punishments and guidelines for staff. While we would love to write out exactly how big a punishment we would give for each and every thing this is literally impossible. The gamestaff handle a vast amount of issues during a week, when we deal with these issues we have to review the case, the circumstances, the reasons, the rules and so much more. Mostly it comes down to the situation, everything is situational and must be seen in context. There can be 2 indentical tickets where there will be 2 different outcomes simply because of the context of what has transpired.
    More times then you know the gamestaff ask eachother advice and opinions on tricky cases and the punishments are a result of a bigger discussion to make sure it is in accordance with previous punishments.

So if you actually read all that then you have a littlebit better insight in how gamestaff handle things and why we hand out different punishments in many cases.

-Thortuna

18. FighterBoi

FighterBoi FighterBoi

Thanks for answering this clears all my doubts

19. Messivs7

Messivs7

Your smart :P

20. Ninja124r

Ninja124r brainlag
    1. -={The Great Kingdom of SunKiss}=-

Papa FightBoi if your out there somewhere 1v8 people in traps.

I love u