A Call To Fight

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Nirnro0t, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Nirnro0t

Nirnro0t Always smirking

A fair number of papers would be found strewn across Regalia, located most around the Wraith and the Nook & Cranny Inn and Dragon, with a few papers finding themselves strewn into New Town. These were posted up in the middle hours of the night by two cloaked figures.

People of Regalia,

A new plague has infested the streets of this city. It is not the Clickers I speak of, but the new Inquisition. An Inquisition with a purpose that has always plotted to be corrupt and cruel from the start, lying under false pretenses to be good and a ‘true inquisition’. People whisper and shout hateful words against them as they walk past. The Inquisition are no protectors or anything close. They are but power-hungry tyrants, using they’re powers to oppress the people.

In the span of their small existence, they have waterboarded, threatened to harm them. They struck and attacked innocent civilians. They have had a riot break out against them in public, one in which I was witness to and a part of myself. They have attempted to frame others to ensure their positions. They have tried and failed to bribe and blackmail citizens for their own gain.

Yet still, the one who should keep them in line and in control, has allowed it through his vile nature or lost control of his men entirely. And let us not forget the nature of the very men within the Inquisition, let us not forget their past deeds against innocents, breaking laws as well when they went under a different name.

If the leaders will not protect you, then who will? How many innocents have gotten hurt by the nature of this foul Inquisition? How many more of your families, your friends, will be threatened by them, beaten by them? Do not let them take from you, do not let them harm and destroy what you value. Do not stand idly by and allow for this to continue. I urge you, people of Regalia, to fight for what you believe in. When you see them abusing their power, stand against it. Fight for you, your friends, your families. If they cannot see their errors, then we shall make them.

Sincerely,
    A. L.

((OOC note: The ‘riot’ referred to is from the fight on Friday and not the one voided, just for clarification!))

• Powerful Powerful x 17
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Arhbi

Arhbi Peacemaker Supremium

"The current iteration of the Inquisition is not perfect - Far from it, but there is a simple truth to be observed about them; If you cease your degenerate and Jacobin behavior, they will leave you alone. The unprincipled debauchers of Rose Court who fraternize with the likes of Kathar, Undead, Sanguine, and Werebeasts, are the very reason why the Inquisition are coming down on you with a heavy hand," Louis Delmotte would offer in reply to anyone who queried him on the matter.

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 1
    • Immersive x 1
    • Powerful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    #2 Arhbi, Apr 12, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  3. HereticTakao

HereticTakao dark spirited demidevil

Kabili Tordove read the mysterious paper that had been pinned in his favorite bar, the Wraith. His lips tugged into a toothy smile and he looked over to his sister, Maze, before commenting,
    Look at this shite! The New Inquisition has existed for what, five days now? And people are already rioting against it! This is the funniest shite I’ve seen all week.”

@AWildResi

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Souled

Souled

A certain Altalar eyed one of the posters in passing, pace slowing as she paused to read over the contents before continuing on her way. After awhile a simple response would be posted beneath only one of the many posters.

To anyone that might get the urge to act upon the requests of this individual who doesn’t even believe in their own words enough to post their full name, I implore you—do not. The Inquistion has its flaws, as many new charters tend to, though from what I have seen their focus is on dealing with the Kathar that have been a plague upon Aloria for all too long, aberrant threats (sanguine, werebeasts, etc.), and things related to the Void. These are not ‘innocent people,’ and the ‘innocents’ in question more than likely made efforts to defend these beings that aim to bring ruin to our fair city.

If you have issue with the Inquisition then report it through the proper channels. Gather your evidence, compile your witness reports, but do not take hostile action against a guard charter, doing so simply justifies any punishments you might receive as a result.’

Dame Cinna Eledhwen of the Lion Pelt Order

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

Milo Shinseki let out a small snicker with a smirk. "Couldn't have said it ANY better!" He set the paper aside as he leaned back in his desk chair.

"No clue who this /A.L./ is but I like their style," he said to himself.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  6. The_Roleplayer

The_Roleplayer wat is rp?

Someone had since thrown a real smelly, raw egg all over such response.

• Winner Winner x 3
  7. SorryNari

SorryNari Local Werewolf Supremium

CISTERN
    Sae'viir softly hummed and took her pet out of its cage. Gingerly running her fingers against Orist's feathers, the Tordove lifts the Black Feather up to her face.

"False forgeries. Pre-written testimonies. Unwarranted arrests. Surely it'll implode right back into their faces. It already has." She adoringly cooed at the bird.

With a warbled chirp, Orist replied, "False forgeries! Arrest!"

"Void, aren't you such a smart one?"

• Immersive Immersive x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #7 SorryNari, Apr 12, 2020
  8. Northern_Ireland

Northern_Ireland Official Account for the NI Secretary of State

Pondered over the report as the man tapped the ash-end of his tabacca roll into an ivory dish,

"Such liberalism- to challenge an official charter is like taking an axe to one of the great pillars of this city. The Inquisition is a friend to the Unionist, a friend to the masses. The only 'people' that need be concerned are the Kathar- whom in the neglect of Civil Status Laws believe they are owed the respect of rights. Similarly the Undead, Sanguine, and Werebeasts- alongside all those with Jacobist ambitions who would support them are the only ones that need feel threatened."

• Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. mochha

mochha yolo Supremium

A certain halfing merely grinned at the declaration, panning over to her cousin, Moji.
    “Let the games begin.”
    @Athelois

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  10. SevenBirds

SevenBirds Phantasmal and Resplendent

Faran stopped by the noticeboard outside the Nook, peering at the paper curiously. Her eyes widened with surprise, then narrowed at the name of the Inquisition.
    "Mm, so /that's/ what I stumbled upon the other day..."
    Not much of a fighter herself, she gave the paper and responses a reread to file the information away before continuing on.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ailethi

Ailethi neighborhood milf lover Supremium

Drunk, Camilla beamed almost excitedly. “Wooo! Down with the Inquisition!” She yelled before pausing, glancing about the street with a swear. “I’m fuckin’ lost.”

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Athelois

Athelois visceral bitch

Moji poured over the parchment handed to her. The contents necessitated a read over, once, twice, and then halfway through the third is when the Sihai finally set the page down. Reclining in her seat, black hair curled about her finger, occasionally flashing white as the strands were maneuvered through her fingertips.
    "Be mindful when you travel. I've a feeling we'll be tangling with them soon."

@mochalattes

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

Shadow
    A certain Shadow drifted onto the piece of paper. They glared at the paper with a look of hatred in their red gaze.
    "All of those men are nothing but corrupt and dishonorable.."
    They commented, before going to then leave a note. Written in Kathar-Elvish
    "I saw their of their riots, I saw them take out fucking crossbows and swords just to attack an entire unarmed crowd when they tried to defend a Kathar. They deserve to go into the darkest pits of the Void. Many were harmed and injured by them, and they faced no punishment nor remorse for it. History will only repeat unless we do something about it."

Yanar
    A Yanar walked by, seeing the notice. She bit her lip, looking very disturbed by the amount of hate the Inquisition was getting.
    "What have you all done to make others hate you all so much..."
    She then turned to walk away and head home.
    "Perhaps...I don't want to know. But what I do know..is you guys won't survive another month if you keep going like this."

Cultist
    A masked Cultist walked on by, seeing the notice. They let out a hysterical laugh.

"Never before have I've seen a group get themselves hated by the entire Underground in a few days. This is hilarious!"
    They stopped a moment to read the sign of Kathar-Elvish next to it.
    "I see! I see! Well doesn't that make perfect sense! No wonder people hate them so much! Injuring innocents? Have guards really stooped that low now and days? Ridiculous, though..I look forward to seeing this group get shut down by the Underground. How entertaining."
    They turned to wonder on off back into the sewers.

Varren
    A small 4'0 tall varren walks on about New town. Stopping a moment to read one of the notices.

"Ha! So those are the bastards I've been hearing so much about lately! What a joke! Inquisitors? True Inquisitors? I just arrived to the city and am already finding things quite fun and entertaining. Can't wait to see how this goes down."
    He turned to return off on his way.

• Winner Winner x 2
    #13 MidnightRey, Apr 12, 2020
  14. HoLee_Of_Ducks

HoLee_Of_Ducks

Helodias observed the letter with silence, but inside he was trembling of the emotion. This "A.L.", whoever they were, clearly stood against the system.
    They seemed to to think that change was needed, that the civilians should stand up for their rights, their freedom, their happiness.

Helodias breathed, lost in thought. Whoever this "A.L.", Helodias needed to discover who they were, and then make them an offer. He left, with a goal that could have never been clearer

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  15. Caduceus_Clayy

Caduceus_Clayy "Something will be here"

Someone draws a little Nelfin in a wolf mask stabbing an angry looking man in armour at the bottom of the page, following up with a speech bubble saying "Ave this, ye ejit."

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. Cipherition

Cipherition Welcome to White Space.

Arien looks towards the paper, reading it over. She breathes a sigh as her tail flicks behind her, and she shoves the paper into her pocket. “I feel like I have a feeling who wrote this... Good luck.” The Si’hai grumbles as they storm off: “If they hurt my family again, I’ll shove a sword down their throat.”

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. MippyMoo

MippyMoo Resident Sad Corpse Man

Yathanae looks over this with concern and decides to keep more to the Temple of Estel. “I can’t let them near Tainnyll.”

An Ânian Ailor reads this, and he frowns in concern, keeping a copy for himself.

Alexei finds this and frowns just slightly. “<Mirn> They’re Unionist, though. They wouldn’t harm Ailor, surely,” he says, trying to prove to himself some semblance of justifying their actions.

Llozzi’sil takes down the notice that had been pinned to the front of her shop, skimming it and crumpling it before tossing it into the trash.

• Like Like x 1
  18. FlossyBerryRene

FlossyBerryRene Meow!

Anya took the paper in hand, once she had taken the time to read over it she would give a single hum as she turned to stride off with paper in hand and a smirk on her face. She eventually would return to her Library as she held up a paper "You might like to see this" @Magivore

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Optimalfriskies

Optimalfriskies JayP's buddy

Agis eyes the note over, releasing a chuckle as he'd grab hold of Huron and Hyledden to show them. "Seems like this pot is boiling over - Oh boy, I can already feel the coins in my hands already."

@fuithlug @StevenWeen

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. rimacutem

rimacutem Local dwarf

Under the Nook's letter would be found another letter. One could find a familiar song on it

When the Spirit says we is de master race

We bow (tuba) bow (tuba) right in the Kade's face
    Not to love the Spirit is a great disgrace
    So we bow (tuba) bow (tuba) right in the Kade's face

When Delmotte says we own the world and space
    we bow (tuba) bow (tuba) at Delmotte's face

When ser Howlester says they will never invade this place
    we bow (tuba) bow (tuba) right in ser Howlester’s face

Are we not the chosen ones?
    By the Spirit chosen ones?
    Ja, we is the chosen ones
    Super duper chosen ones
    Is this Ailor land so good?
    Would you leave it if you could?
    Ja, this Ailor land is good
    We wouldn't leave it if we could

We bring to the world New Order
    Accept Spirit's world New Order
    Everyone of foreign race
    Will love Spirit's face
    When we bring to the world this order

When the Spirit says we is de master race
    We bow (tuba) bow (tuba) right in the Kade's face
    Not to love the Spirit is a great disgrace
    So we bow (tuba) bow (tuba) right in the Kade's face

When the Kade says we never will be slaves
    We bow (tuba) bow (tuba), but still we work like slaves
    While the Kade brags and lies and rants and raves
    We bow (tuba) bow (tuba), and work into our graves

When the Kade yells, I got to have more ships
    We bow (tuba) bow (tuba), for him we make more ships
    If one little ship should sink with him on aswell
    We bow (tuba) bow (tuba), and wouldn't that be swell

• Educated Educated x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  21. Altalar

Altalar has Rabies

Adelaide stared towards the paper, nodding along with every sentence before placing it down to proudly declare. "If only I knew how to read." she said before continuing her search for the rotting carcasses of peoples dead pets.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  22. HybrisVT

HybrisVT A totally serious person.

Anika Kreiburg read the post over, "Who the fuck did we bribe?"

• Like Like x 1
  23. Anarchizm

Anarchizm Regalian Pioneer

So it’s jacobinism, then. Sounds like a jolly good thing to snuff out. A good reason to take out the Nook. Challenging the authority you’ve set in place as they have every other guard charter. The district will get its fair dues and all who stand with them can be put out. What do you think?@Arhbi

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  24. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

A certain man would overlook the paper, a mixture of disappointment and disgust, carried along with a sly chuckle.
    "This is what the jacobin of today sound like. They are liars and infectious. This is why we are needed now more than ever."

• Powerful Powerful x 3
  25. The_Hochmeister

The_Hochmeister Refugee

The Hochmeister gave a look at the paper, scoffing at such impudence.

"Mmmh, I remember such words being said of my own Inquisitorial Conquest.."

With that, he continues on his way; more heretics to purge.

• Winner Winner x 1
  26. Yoggery

Yoggery Quiet and Falling

The Ânian ailor, Narcisa read through this. Grinning to herself as she muttered to herself in Annore, “This is adorable.”

A Kathar lady finished off the last of her vodka and threw it at the board in which a copy of this would be seen, yelling out in slurred speech in Kathar Elven, “Hahah! These snakes in the grass already hated by the public!”

• Winner Winner x 1
  27. Jcboi5

Jcboi5 professional meme-lord who does mineman rp

An Ailor Gentleman would pass by the papers strewn about, and mutter to himself,
    “Hmm... Perhaps they would be an interesting target...”

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. YunYun

YunYun cat girls nya nya nya

Meirelle tore one of the papers from the board, huffing as she would bring her eyes almost directly connecting to such. To no avail with deciphering the letters, she would thrust it towards her sister. "Meelo..- Can ya' read this for me--- Oops. Sorry, you're blind. I keep forgettin'."

@MyCatBubbles

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  29. Magivore

Magivore No Rest For The Wicked

"I see that things are not going so well for those book-burners," Xilthruum responded to @FlossyBerryRene . Thoughtfully, they tapped their brass fingers against their desk before deciding to announce their plans to her and other coven members.

"I have no interest in stopping them. Were I to intervene, they shall be deemed just, but cruel protectors with every victim being named an acceptable casualty. The greatest effect I appear to have is by staying out of the picture until they try stepping into mine."

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Educated Educated x 1
  30. MyCatBubbles

MyCatBubbles Massivecrafts Schizo

Meelo turned to the offered page, pulling it from her sisters hands. Her fingers graced over it’s lettering as she let out a huff before going to slap her sister with it “It says you’re a dumb whore and you gotta quit stealing cups, pah!”

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  31. _GoldWolf_

_GoldWolf_ Regalian Lesser Noble

Aelfric Harhold early that morning entered his office on the Imperial Isle. He retrieved a book from his quaint "library" or the three bookshelves that stood in the corner of his office, the elderly man soon weakly walking along to his desk, the tap of his cane being heard throughout the residence of his Church. With a tired grunt he eased himself onto the large chair that stood behind his desk, the holy man bringing a tight fist to his mouth before releasing a loud cough into it. He finally opened up the book "Art of the Centuries" to read before he got started on his daily work.
    ---
    A few hours later, Aelfric had begun working on the few papers that lay in front of him. Sermons, Addresses, and such could be found upon the elderly Reverend's desk as he prepared the week's plan for each mass on the 7 day schedule. However, Aelfric's work was soon interrupted as the creak of the steps up to his office could be heard, a Curate soon appearing on the 4th floor of the building. He hurriedly made his way to the High Exarch's desk once he had made it off the stairs, handing over a piece of parchment to the octogenarian.

"Good morning, Holy Father. I brought you the latest from the notice boards about the city." the Curate dipped his head to the man as he grasped the paper.
    "Thank you, Curate. Something interesting I hope?"
    "Very." the Curate stated.
    A mere, "Hmmmm." was all that was emitted from the man of the cloth's mouth as his eyes scanned the announcement, his eye brows soon raising, then furrowing, then raising once more, before he placed the piece of parchment down unto his desk.
    "Hmmmm." was all that was heard once more, "Very interesting indeed." The High Exarch stroked his beard in thought, "Any replies to it yet?"
    "Yes, Your Holiness." the Curate responded.
    "I'd like for you to watch how this goes and bring any... ehm. Pertinent responses to the letter to the public to me. I'd like to follow what I assume will be a war of words in the next few hours." Aelfric said, before picking up the piece of parchment once more and looking over it a second time.
    "I shall do so, Brother Exarch." the Curate said, before dipping his head.
    "Thank you, Curate. Spirit's blessings."
    "Oratario Ode, Holy Father." the Curate stated, before turning and making his way downstairs.

With this, Aelfric was left to await the responses that he predicted would soon pop up, the elderly Reverend for now returning to his sermons.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  32. TwistedShadows

TwistedShadows Benevolent Benefactor of Bardic inspiration.

"Look at this load of shite. The Inquisition thinks they can make leeway in this city? Our city? They've got a fight ahead of them." Loki scoffed, gripping the note with white knuckles before letting loose a mangled string of curses in a foreign tongue.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  33. AWildRhia

AWildRhia Basement Goblin

Mazielani Tordove meanwhile, was tipping a drink back while listening to her brother ramble on, merely commenting with a,
    "Ignore them and stay away from them, they'll collapse in on themselves soon enough."
    @HereticTakao

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  34. Brit<3

Brit<3 Chief of the Damned

Showed one of the papers to Sevren. “Look my dear comrade. We simply do not need to act, let them destroy each other, isn’t this a show”

@Lord_Immortal

35. Ewdrawings

Ewdrawings Lucky

@Brit<3
    "It is as you say Chieftain."
    He nods, lowering the book from which he was studying, to peer over the papers more properly.
    "That said, I don't see much likely to come from this, unfortunately."

36. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

(A note is hammered below)

My opinion upon the dealings of the Inquisition is well know to find out you need as only Alaric or his fellow High Inquisitors who’ve indulged that debating tongue of mine in regard to there manner. But now is the time to see if this inquisition might find a better target, right now a abomination of the Void stalks our street. A beast know as the Nameless on the Inquisitiors brushed off my tales of it’s atrocity so I implore my fellow Worshippers and my distant Kinsmen Of the Velheim especially our most noble Viddgulas to speak of what they saw show these supposed warriors of the faith a better target. Lest they be content to leave there work to those of us not of the Unionist faith, I assuredly will happily see these vermin driven out if our fellow brothers and sisters of the Iron Watch should take this threat more seriously then these Inquisitors.
    With Respects,
    James Larkson
    Ritualist of the Old Gods
    He who hunts the Monsters