Archived 2nd Chance

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thor5648

Ever Waiting
Reaction score
Since perm banned players have no chance of ever playing on server again and some didn't do what they were convicted of, possibly you could make a second chance type thing for them, they would be unbanned temporarily and have all permissions striped from them and help work on server projects like regalia and b02 and those types of things. After helping out for about a month if they are on team speak, talking to admins, and if they earn admins trust they will be unbanned with all rights given to them. Also this will only be a one time thing so if they get banned again, they can't do this and will be permanently banned with no chance of ever getting back on the server.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You know, there is a reason the said players are PERMANENTLY BANNED from the server. Also, like Zanip says above ^ What is to say they won't hack the server outta revenge and just crash the server during their "Second Chance". They have the right to submit an unban request in the forums but it has to be overlooked by serveral admins. This is the only "Second Chance" they should get.

Your statement is simply not true, we unban permanetly banned players quite often, if they have a good unban appeal and a convincing case.

I remember I was viewing a thread in which KyleDinny has trying to gather a 2nd chance for himself. He hacked just like you, so why should you deserve a 2nd chance? Unfortunately, I don't remember the link. Stop trying to draw sympathy for yourself; it was your decision to hack, so deal with the punishments.

I hate hackers that ask for second chances because of this: They had more unfair power to themselves than the rest of the server. yet they are asking to be unbanned and given the chance to "start over".

The main point of this post was to shut up about giving more second chances; many others tried and failed like you, so take this as a lesson not to hack anymore.

The main point i think we are trying to make is, if you don't hack you don't need a second chance.

Thor is unbanned, and was banned falsely. Zanip, if you were wrongly accused of hacking, you'd want a second chance.

I didn't know why he was even banned in the first place...or if he was falsely banned.

Thor is unbanned, and was banned falsely. Zanip, if you were wrongly accused of hacking, you'd want a second chance.

Where does it state that? I was invisible flying next to thor in skytower while he was suspended in air swinging his sword precisely at the players on the platform, moving in and out at the players. I know what I saw, and I know Thor hacked. I banned him permanently, I think, or it may have been temporary. I forget. But I'll try speak to an admin about it - If he's unbanned, after hacking, I'd like to discuss that one final case.

Well I do agree with everyones case, that hacking is wrong and I only used it for my selfish advantage, so yes. I do want to go back on and I am determined not to hack but :P

Spoken to an admin about this. Thor was hacking as I witnessed it, however the unban was also legitimate.

Suggesting this to be locked.

This post seems to have gotten off topic to Thor being banned so to bring it back to the original post,

My opinion on the original topic of allowing banned players come back and perform this sort of community service is that it's an interesting idea as some people do deserve a 2nd chance. It is a game after all and people should be more optimistic toward forgiving past bans but not forgetting when if they are to be banned again.

This post seems to have gotten off topic to Thor being banned so to bring it back to the original post,

My opinion on the original topic of allowing banned players come back and perform this sort of community service is that it's an interesting idea as some people do deserve a 2nd chance. It is a game after all and people should be more optimistic toward forgiving past bans but not forgetting when if they are to be banned again.
I feel that you're slightly biased. :P Haha!

The way I've run the unbans on all my current/past communities was that of chances. I am an optimal believer of equality and second chances, that's how I work. If I permanently ban someone, it's always for a good reason. If they are permanently banned at my command, it's still negotiable as sometimes we all make mistakes. If it's proven you did hack or do bad things, you admit it and the appeal looks legitimately sincere, there's always more of a chance you'll be accepted.

Take Bsavs for example. His first appeal, he insulted me and other mods, leading to the appeal being rejected and locked. His second appeal, he sounded somewhat sincere and apologetic, consequently, got unbanned. It makes all the difference. If no one used second chances, no one would be employed, or maybe even alive. ((Maybe an exaggeration, but in all aspects of the world))

Take Bsavs for example. His first appeal, he insulted me and other mods, leading to the appeal being rejected and locked. His second appeal, he sounded somewhat sincere and apologetic, consequently, got unbanned. It makes all the difference. If no one used second chances, no one would be employed, or maybe even alive. ((Maybe an exaggeration, but in all aspects of the world))

So he got a second chance to ask for a second chance ^^ Meaning the "suggestion" of second chances isn't needed as we already get them :P

I'm currently banned for hacking and this is my 4th appeal which is currently on the unban page, and let me tell you...

30761735.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.