Hey all. 1.13 has been in development for far too long, but the last few weeks have seen enough progress that we wanted to share just some of the Tech work that’s been done. This post will not include a release date, but we hope it clarifies some of the larger issues our very much understaffed Tech department has been trying to deal with. As a reminder, if you know anyone who would be interested in assisting our Department, please encourage them to send in an application here, or to get in contact with me personally via a forum pm, or my discord at LumosJared#9185.
Thanks very much.
The 1.13 Update is nearing its final stages. As a result, we feel it's prudent to share the following news. Today, the 1.13 Test Server launched and the entire Common Meeting was spent attempting to break it. It took us a while to find any bugs at all, but we have encountered a few minor problems that are being worked on as I type this. Testing will carry on this weekend and into next week, but for all intents and purposes. Every single Massive plugin has been updated to 1.13, including the return of the Vampire plugin for 1.13. We are very happy to announce this, and a slew of other changes on both the Survival and Game side (along with a new water-themed world) will be released along with the 1.13 update. We will share more this week as we learn more.
Finally, CS_Birb's full Tech Report below is a sample of the particulars that have been worked on just this week. We hope glancing through it conveys just how hard we are working to get all this done, and how appreciate we are of the community for its patience. We will not rush this update, we don't want our worlds blowing up. But we are eager to get on the newly updated server with you all within a few weeks.
Then, the work can begin toward 1.14 and 1.15. They will come a lot sooner, thanks to the tireless framework our Tech staff have built these past months.
- Monday - 2 points
- Setup the 1.13 Issue-reporting thread in the Staff Discord - Not permanent, more functional issue trackers are WIP. - 0.5 points
- Assorted Bug Testing - 1.5 points
Tuesday - 2 points
- Investigation of Glitch with MassiveShop product activation - 1 point
- Hopper Timing Tweaks - 1 points
Wednesday - 8 points
- Fixed MassiveCombat's EngineDurability - 2 points
- Looked into Collision handling for MassiveCombat (and alternatives to) to unlink MassiveCombat from the Scoreboard teams - 2 points
- Further work towards improved availability of Scoreboard teams (I.e. for minigames) - 4 points
Thursday - 5 points
- Automated Quest Ruline Migration - 5 points
Friday - 0 points
Home late, so no points for Friday.
Saturday - 14 points
- MassiveWhat build and install on Test Server - 1 point
- WorldEdit 1.13 Permission Investigation and Fixes - 3 points
- Manual CratesPlus Migration - 5 points ( Yes, it took that fucking long... D: )
- Fixed for HolographicDisplay, CratesPlus and Sharding's load order - 1 point
- Fixes for MassiveBasic place permissions & Buckets of Fish - 2 points
- Investigation of odd (False Alarm) cleanup behaviour with MassiveSharding player records - 2 points
Sunday - 11 points
- Fixing issues with the new WorldEdit perms - 1 point (Woops)
- Internal Teambuilding Event - 1 point
- AdvancedFood migration - 2 points
- Began CustomRecipes Migration. Stopped after first as it's a time-consuming pain in the arse - 1 point
- Creation, Configuration, and preliminary testing of S2 and S3 test shards for 1.13 - 4 points
- Fixes for EnginePotionSplit and Creative - 1 point (Cause still not completely understood)
- Fixes for MassiveLock particle colours - 1 point