Archived 1.11 Discussion

This suggestion has been archived / closed and can no longer be voted on.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFan96

A miserable little pile of secrets
Staff member
Lore
Reaction score
Faction
Drachovia
So, I made a thread for 1.10 on the same thing, so why not for 1.11?

Snapshots have been out, and now some new features have been added. I won't talk about vanilla minecarft here. Go play it yourself. I will however be talking about the potential things this update will affect massivecraft. So, here's my shortened list of things off the top of my head rn:

New Mobs:
New enemies for Massivemobs to include. Maybe the Llama is now a new creature for a new world with a new map? Maybe this is what the Qadir use in the isolated deserts? And perhaps those new vexes are a forgotten remnant of a void invasion?

256 character text boxes:
RPers rejoice. Now we can get through a speech in 2 minutes instead of 20. But, this also allows for longer commands to be typed. Maybe that one faction or massivelock command needed a few more spaces to fill the command? now it can.

Skulker
Boxes:

First off, a bunch of new blocks to use in builds. Perhaps these can be used as crates in Regalia to store items.

Speaking of storage: RIP vault factions. With shulker boxes, you can just throw all your lore items into them, and then plop them into your /bp or an ender chest and never be afraid of raids again.

I think this change will be a game changer for everyone on Massive. On one side, faction vaults are now obsolete for the most part, as backpacks allow you to store your lore items in the shulker boxes.

This has a few consequences. The first is that the incentive to make a vault faction is gone. This might lead to less claims in the maps, which allow new players to join in to a more empty map, which is growth.

Another benefit may be that players are more willing to build factions, as they can just store their inventories in shulker boxes, so less worries about being killed, and maybe encourage base building for raiding.

I'm getting tired typing, so I'll finish up. comment below your opinions.

Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I would assume that Shulker Boxes would not be allowed in Regalia for the same reason chests are not. So in order to retrieve those items, you would need faction land to open the boxes. So having vault factions arent entirely out of the question
I though about that before. Since they are a block entity, they might cause the same lag as chests.

I tested it in my player world, making a wall of shulker boxes and enchantment tables to compare the values. Only downside is I didn't see any real changes.

This either means my test was complete crap since SP =/= MP, or that shulker boxes aren't that laggy.

Personally vault factions ftw. Though I do like the idea of having shulker boxes in houses as opposed to droppers. At least shulker boxes could be textured to look more natural.

Though I do like the idea of having shulker boxes in houses as opposed to droppers. At least shulker boxes could be textured to look more natural.
That would be the best case scenario. But remember its not like dispensers and droppers were the chosen containers for regalia just for no reason. If the shulker chests cause comparable lag to regular chests... then it probably wont happen

Curse of Binding - New enchant where items can't be dropped and if they're armor, can't be unequipped.
Curse of Vanishing - Another new enchant, makes items disappear when you die.

Lots of applications there. You could make player specific items like guard badges or something...

Also... http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Woodland_mansion#Structure
After being on Massive, vanilla quality builds make me sad.

Sad thing is that was what I'm used to building. Actually it's a bit better. Only comment I have is that it needed to be a tower, not a large mansion. It just dwarfs everything around it.

I think the Binding Enchant will be banned on Massive. Simply because: "How am I supposed to Roleplay with this crap helmet stuck to my head. I look like a dunce. "

I see curse of vanishing also not being a thing, because nobody wants to see their prized armor gone. None of the 1.10 enchants have been implemented yet in game, besides one lore item.

Curse of Binding - New enchant where items can't be dropped and if they're armor, can't be unequipped.
Curse of Vanishing - Another new enchant, makes items disappear when you die.

Lots of applications there. You could make player specific items like guard badges or something...

Also... http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Woodland_mansion#Structure
After being on Massive, vanilla quality builds make me sad.

I'm fairly sure most people consider that really ugly, regardless of how many amazing builds you've seen. I don't understand why Mojang thinks that every generated structure has to be simple and ugly (i.e. villages, strongholds, nether fortress). The only generated structure that doesn't suck is the end fortress, and that's only because it's a unique structure.

I'm fairly sure most people consider that really ugly, regardless of how many amazing builds you've seen. I don't understand why Mojang thinks that every generated structure has to be simple and ugly (i.e. villages, strongholds, nether fortress). The only generated structure that doesn't suck is the end fortress, and that's only because it's a unique structure.
*my thoughts on this comment*
Mojang: Let's add a bunch of well coded items with awesome animations... and then make all of the structures badly built.

Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt. Pls no salt.

tumblr_n7hh0m2L5x1rw3flto1_500.gif

its not really applicable in massive unless they add it as a mob drop, since Mansions wont gen. Maybe a beacon surrounded in emeralds or something as a recipe.

A mob drop would be cool but I'd also accept it as a craftable item (I was thinking a gold block surrounded by emerald blocks or something like that)

So even though this thread was made a month ago, 1.11 was released officially, so I guess now the discussion can start to be applied to massive

#Necro

I'd like to see all the 1.9-1.11 mobs added to Massivecraft.

"You may only revive a thread if it still is relevant and doesn't contain offensive content."
1.11 came out yesterday, so very relevant. Not a necropost.

Now to the actual discussion:
I've actually seen polar bear mobs in Fendarfelle, though I have yet to see the stray, husk, and shulker. The only one I see not being added is the Shulker, cuz that levitation thing can get annoying.
I'm looking forward to using /d llama

Lol for starters, as @FireFan96 said.. its still relevant. Also it was only about a month between the last post and his... that isnt really necro-worthy time.

Now to the actual discussion:
I've actually seen polar bear mobs in Fendarfelle, though I have yet to see the stray, husk, and shulker. The only one I see not being added is the Shulker, cuz that levitation thing can get annoying.
I'm looking forward to using /d llama
Its not a new thing to Massive to add a new feature but not some of the features it comes with. For example the chorus fruit without teleportation. So Shulker mobs i would think, especially with MassiveMobs, can easily be made without the levitation aspect. And I think there are a lot of new opportunities for the new mobs and features. I think I would rather wait for the server's update announcement before discussing however.. Because I would bet they already have some plans in mind and I wager those decisions wont be changed due to whatever we say. So perhaps this thread would be more useful as a discussion once the official changes are announced?

But where's the fun in that :p

Honestly I don't think much really needs to be changed, since the update added hardly anything. Honestly this update seems even more half-assed and less though-out than the last couple, but that's just me :P

I'd say add a custom recipe for shulker boxes or add the shulker to MassiveMobs somehow, disable the talisman that keeps you from dying, and just add the other mobs to MassiveMobs, or don't, it won't really change much anyways.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't think much really needs to be changed, since the update added hardly anything. Honestly this update seems even more half-assed and less though-out than the last couple, but that's just me :P

I'd say add a custom recipe for shulker boxes or add the shulker to MassiveMobs somehow, disable the talisman that keeps you from dying, and just add the other mobs to MassiveMobs, or don't, it won't really change much anyways.
Shulkers do change a lot though... I'd be able to fit my entire storage in a dozen double chests once they come out... The important stuff atleast. If you know what it's like making and moving storages then... Yeah the shulker boxes make me happy :)

Other than Shulker boxes.. Yeah the update is trash.

Shulkers do change a lot though... I'd be able to fit my entire storage in a dozen double chests once they come out... The important stuff atleast. If you know what it's like making and moving storages then... Yeah the shulker boxes make me happy :)

Other than Shulker boxes.. Yeah the update is trash.
I'm waiting to move storages til the server updates to be honest... or at least whether or not they confirm or deny the presence of shulker boxes

I'm waiting to move storages til the server updates to be honest... or at least whether or not they confirm or deny the presence of shulker boxes

you can fill up an entire Double Chest with Shulker Boxes to gain a large 1458(54x27) total slots of available chest storage.
Or you can fit 27 doublechest a of inventory in one doublechest.

Alternatively, you can fill up your Ender Chest to gain up to 729(27x27) total slots Ender Chest storage.

you can fill up an entire Double Chest with Shulker Boxes to gain a large 1458(54x27) total slots of available chest storage.
Or you can fit 27 doublechest a of inventory in one doublechest.

Alternatively, you can fill up your Ender Chest to gain up to 729(27x27) total slots Ender Chest storage.
Pretty Much

"You may only revive a thread if it still is relevant and doesn't contain offensive content."
1.11 came out yesterday, so very relevant. Not a necropost.
Lol for starters, as @FireFan96 said.. its still relevant. Also it was only about a month between the last post and his... that isnt really necro-worthy time.

I'm sorry I'm sorry :(

Salt.jpg

JK you guys are not that salty xP

As for the 1.11 discussion I really like shulker boxes and the totem of undying (probably pretty good for pvp cause it does not use up right click and keeps you from not dying and spams particles and makes them go "what the heck was that!").

Lol i imagine shulker boxes being like in Harry Potter the "undetectable extending charm" that Hermione used on her purse

I personally am excited for shulker boxes, so I can cram even more unused lore items into my /bp. It's.. Very full at the moment.

I personally am excited for shulker boxes, so I can cram even more unused lore items into my /bp. It's.. Very full at the moment.
But in reality wouldnt that make your life harder? I mean.. if chests arent allowed in regalia i would assume shulker boxes wouldnt be for the same reason. And if your /bp is full of shulkers you would need to go to a survival world to place them to open them... as opposed to just doing /bp and taking out an item

Hit agree if you are a roleplayer that thinks this whole update will be worth it just for the 100 character - > 256 character chat box update.

But in reality wouldnt that make your life harder? I mean.. if chests arent allowed in regalia i would assume shulker boxes wouldnt be for the same reason. And if your /bp is full of shulkers you would need to go to a survival world to place them to open them... as opposed to just doing /bp and taking out an item
I don't actively use the items. More often than not I give them away because I have no space- It's really more for storage than practicality.

I am going to mark this thread as dated. We are still working out some of the 1.11 features.

Llamas have been introduced. We are still playing around with some of the new hostile mobs.

Shulker boxes are being discussed for implementation, but they will not be implemented until we are content they will not be abusable or destroy the use of factions storages.

Status
Not open for further replies.