❈ The Broken North ❈

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by BillyTheScruffy, Jul 11, 2018.

1. BillyTheScruffy

BillyTheScruffy Massive's Resident Law Enthusiast

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    An Examination of Velheimer State of Affairs

The Northern Belt, from the highest tip of Royksopphaere to the South most point of Fehrmannlan. This once proud and hardy land now beaten with whip by the hands of those who once sworn to protect its kinsmen. Our culture, made a mockery. Our heritage, destroyed. Our values, spat upon. Why? Why has the North been broken?

I speak to the true Velheim populace of the Great and Glorious Capital City of Regalia. The fault not lay with the Regalian State. The Fault not lay with the Regalian Government. The fault lay at the hands of the Lofty Pretenders. The people we Velheimers trusted to watch and protect our lands, our sisters, brothers and children. The families chosen to lead us out of strength and fortitude. The exonerated ones, thought to bring honor and glory to our homesteads.

How do they repay us, my Northern brethren? What did they do for our loyalty?

By drinking themselves violent. By squatting upon honor. By enacting fights and skirmishes like animals in the streets of the Crown Isle city. By breaking the State's Laws and worst of all, by fornicating with the ideologies and virtues that we Velheimers have upkept and maintained for centuries.

These are not the people we once thought fit for us, Northmen and Women. We have been failed. We have been wrongly accosted for the actions of Houses Valdemar, Krupp, Haagenvig, Ulfurtonn, Ignaace. These Houses, all filling their bellies in the capital of Regalia, acting like animals, pissing on the Skagger traditions, doing naught for our suffering than striking out at the government of the realm illegally and with harsh intent like dishonourable worms, making the whip cracking at our backs, the true sufferers, their people, even harder. Our way of life has been misrepresented. These Lofty Pretenders have discredited us. Scorn them.

I, a Velheimer, Sigbjorn, son of Yorick, Mordig-enn, denounce and detaint those listed above, and extend my gratitude to the Northern rulers that have kept our true interests at heart, rather than take advantage of our loyalty. House's Sorenvik, Zastorzy and Ivarr have our gratitude and should rightly so. Their behaviour strong, fortitude intact and loyalty to the people of the true North should be commended, by us and by those who still think themselves true Velheimers. They stand strong, they have not subjugated themselves to the false Velheimers. They have no let our culture flicker out like candle light.

I refer to the Norrlanders, the Anglian taints. Those who call themselves Velheim, but have never come to our aid. Those with weak knees to do anything in the face of our genocide and destruction because of acts of the Lofty Pretenders. They instead lay with them. Marry them. Befriend them. They are sheep, sheep that cower and shiver and hide behind their circle of friends.

Is this the North we want?

I am a loyal Velheimer. I am a loyal servant to the Regalian Empire. I bleed for this land, I bleed for my homeland. I cannot sit by and watch the Northerners in this city continue to taint themselves daily. Cast out these false families, celebrate those who have fought to keep our children alive, spit on the pretenders.

For if we do not, the greatest attack on our people will not come from a Noble family. It won't come from the State. It will come from ourselves.

Remember who you really are

[​IMG]

• Powerful Powerful x 18
    • Winner Winner x 4
    #1 BillyTheScruffy, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  2. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

Siselle Viduggla née Haagenvig narrowed her ice colored eyes at the denouncement of her blood and kin, folding her arms as she kept a snarl from appearing onto her face. After a long moment of simply glaring at the parchment, she gave a long breath before staring aloud in Als-Tunge towards her guardsman, Ved Berdalfsson, "Stupid little bastard. That's what this man is. Does he not realize that our men and kin fought to keep together the North? How dare this man put my name in the same sentence, put my name as the same, as that of Krupp and Ulfurtonn! My father did everything he could to keep his people safe along side Kaya Sorenvik, a woman that was also removed for such- yet my family is the one called shit!" She gave a second long sigh before pressing her hand to her forehead, "Why is it when we try to fix things by being responsible and keeping peace, we are weak- yet, when we fight, we are wreckless and violent, Ved?"
    @A_r_e_s

• Cuddles! x 1
    • Powerful x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  3. Walrusaur_

Walrusaur_ Force of Chaos

Einarr glanced over the pinned notice, giving an affirming grunt "About time someone learned from the dumb-asses of yesteryear."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

king in da norf

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  5. MantaRey

MantaRey repairing the gens Staff Member Lore2

coen divider.png
    "How the cries of angry screamers will deafen the streets this evening. Perhaps we'll have the privilege of witnessing so-called Skaggers at their finest. What, with their incredible control over themselves," Ania said while perusing over the denouncement. She nodded in her runner's direction, lifting a gloved hand. "Assign me a copy of this and have it placed on my desk. Send a letter Einarr's way." Her steps continued down the street, leaving the proclamation without so much as a bat of an eye. "We'll have some things to laugh about over a drink." @Walrusaur_

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BRBKing

BRBKing The Necromancer Premium

"Everyone is dought of like dat, Siselle, not yust your kin, nor yust mine. We're bod seen as lesser dan de Regalians, and dey yust have had enough." Ved replied, betraying no emotion to Siselle

@AtticCat

• Educated Educated x 1
  7. _GoldWolf_

_GoldWolf_ Regalian Lesser Noble

"The audacity this Velheimer holds to denounce the Anglians. We are not Velheimers. We are Regalians. The fool." Aelfric uttered, before tottering off.

• Educated Educated x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  8. BillyTheScruffy

BillyTheScruffy Massive's Resident Law Enthusiast

Might want to re-read it again, bud]]

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

"Did he just call Norrlanders....taints." Ero's mind echoed with that thought first before he forced himself to reread the notice and gave a glowering frown. Of course the Vidugglas weren't even named on it. Of course nothing his father had done in the War was there, the glory he had delivered to the Empire and the Gods...and the Spirit, Ero forcing himself to add the last part. Clearly this was some shill Velheim whiner...probably an asshole.

Ero came up with a few dirty jokes about the asshole Velheim calling him a taint as he headed off. He did however note down the name of this "Sigbjorn, son of Yorick, Mordig-enn" to see if he was even real. If he was...he hoped to put his iron mace into the other man's face.

• Powerful Powerful x 6
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. GRIST_

GRIST_ The Antagonist Premium

The Velheimer’s hand dropped against the pages of the pamphlet, her lips peeled down in a small frown. “I’ve never seen this man or heard of him in my life. How could he assume that I am anything like Krupp and Ulfurtonn. I disagreed with everything he did. I was there from the beginning, telling them their foolishness would tear them down and destroy our pride. Did they listen? No. That does not mean that I have put any shame on this Empire. I’ve fought for it many times over, been a guard for the city. I worked plenty of times with Kaya and worked towards clearing the way for Velhiem’s and the prejudices put against them. So all I can say. Where were you to help our name in those times? Why speak up now with completely wrong view of things?” She mumbled out pushing the paper away from her. Her gaze traveled to the window as she tought. Then she moved to send this all to two good friends.
    @Patsie @Hexanone

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    #10 GRIST_, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  11. Laegjarna

Laegjarna Self-Proclaimed Worst at Everything.

Irina took a gander over the notice once sent to herself, tightly gripping it in her left hand, and swatting it with the back of her right as she paced about her room. She slapped the note onto her wall and drove a nail into the wall fixtures. "Damn kooks spittin' on me folks' names, he calls us lofty pretenders but he's the one on his fockin' high-horse. Only a matter o' time afore that bore drags him off by the stirrup." Irina furthered this note onto another good friend of hers.

@TheMoistestMan

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ScaledSupremacy

ScaledSupremacy No, no, I'm just a... reverse blood donor.

Edmure shook his head with a sigh.
    “Oh boy.. Here we go again..”

• Educated Educated x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. TheMoistestMan

TheMoistestMan Captain Regalia

Alexander read over the note carefully, when he finished he folded it up and layed it upon a nearby table. "Oh dear, I know quite a few people who aren't gonna be happy about this, shame he grouped them all together like this, at least the Haagenvigs aren't nearly as bad as..." He trailed off, gently scratching at a few long scars on his left forarm.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Eternal_Wrath

Eternal_Wrath Skagger Dad

Ullr snarled upon hearing of this, commenting to his two sisters, "How does he think he is? Do they not remember what House Ulfurtonn was before Vidarr took it over? Even then he changed it to Wolfzahn. They are not the same at all. We were guardsmen to city, under all sorts of banners, even the Sorenvik's! We fought off Freya Lo, by the Gods our father was one of the first over the walls in the attack to reclaim the city. We were there to help rebuild Drixagh after Montegaard burned it down. And for fucks sake, /you/ Ragnhilde were a successful general in their army. This poor lost bastard clearly has no clue what hes even talking about, and yet once more our horrid brother has burned us." The proud Skagger once more shook his head, turning to talk further to his family. @Septanone @GhostAlexis111

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1