✿to My Dearest Friends, Theopold And Kalmar.✿

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Kibaa, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Kibaa

Kibaa Regalian Senator

nos fuimos.png
    etrh.png
    Can you imagine what it would be like to return from overseas one day- only to be informed that your dearest brother has passed on? Slain, rather. An Ailor man of the Faith, brutally plucked from this world by the sinister intentions of those who had otherwise sworn to preserve our divine city. A blasphemy so dastard, it befell upon the will of our Divine Spirit to deliver the judgement that Isidoro Playero’s service to the empire had not yet concluded -- and thus his first death was denied, and an Archblood was born. Can you imagine what it would be like to return from overseas one day, to find that your brother was cruelly murdered, against the will of the Spirit no less, at the behest of Theopold Kreiburg? Theopold Kreiburg, the man sworn by noble right and responsibility to be the guardian of the man he had butchered.
    geralt.png
    Blessed by the eternal guidance of the Spirit, Isidoro Playero was supposed to have lived on to meet his destiny in service of the Empire. In ordering Isidoro’s execution, this judgment was sabotaged by Lord Chancellor Drachenburg, who had reduced this Ailor man of the Faith to a rank beneath even the Lesser Races for the crime of mistakenly carrying out his own orders. To charge a mere scholar with the task of reclaiming the Ceardian homeland, only to punish the inevitable logistical misinterpretations that were to come by reducing that same mere scholar to None Civil Status is unprecedented in the history of the Regalian Chancellorship.

Without a single speck of investigation conducted into the alleged crimes of Isidoro Playero regarding his supposed “drunken misconduct”, the Chancellor subjected a Unionist man to execution with no trial, jury, or adjudication from the Regalian Judiciary. The importance behind this key fact is that this so-called “drunken misconduct” was likely Isidoro acting in self-defense against his assailants, as a witness had reported seeing Isidoro Playero under attack by a Kreiburg knight at the Wunderbar Tavern. In stripping an Ailor man of the rights afforded even to some of the Lesser Races, the Chancellery effectively denied Isidoro the right to defend himself against his murderers.

As the story goes, Isidoro was allegedly reborn as an Archblood right then and there, only to be immediately arrested and sentenced to execution for seemingly no reason. Wrong. Allow me to remind you that in dispersing of Isidoro Playero, Theopold Kreiburg freed his House of an exorbitant debt with regards to the political disaster at Ceardia. Fearing bankruptcy, Theopold Kreiburg knew better than to underestimate House Playero’s capacity to rescue Isidoro from certain demise, and thus conspired with Kalmar Lok-Guthrain to finish the job before the execution could even take place. By this point, I’m told my brother was weak and frail. Allegedly, the Orc took advantage of this to easily dispatch of my brother with a knife. Kalmar has supposedly claimed this was an act of self-defense in a place without witnesses. I’m certain my frail, crippled, malnourished, recently-revived brother gave you quite the challenge in your full suit of armor, mister Kalmar. Handcuffed, half your size… did I mention the Lich Lord Xilthruum rendered one of his arms completely useless? Cut the shit, you dense orc. You let your jealousy get the best of you, and you murdered my brother. If only you had the intelligence to have covered your tracks.

bounty stuff.PNG

magi 5.PNG
    darr.png
    Whining will not bring justice, so here’s what’s going to happen.
    • With respects to the impending inquest into House Kreiburg, House Playero officially accuses the Kreiguard for the murder of Isidoro Playero as ordered by Baron Theopold Kreiburg
      • In eliminating Isidoro Playero, the Baron sought to eliminate the debt owed to the state
      • The Baron had previously sought to sabotage House Playero’s role in the Holy Divine Inquisition by signing a contract of censorship with House du Brierust, an enemy of House Playero at the time. It was the very investigation that Theopold and du Brierust sought to censor that led to former Countess Milena du Brierust's confession of heresy.
      • House Playero had actively lobbied against Ariramorel occupation of the Rim Isles, which House Kreiburg has offered military support to.
    • House Playero Officially accuses Commander Kalmar Lok-Guthrain of murdering Isidoro Playero.
      • Commander Kalmar has physically and legally tormented House Playero ever since their arrival to the Crown Isle.
    Xabi Playero

• Powerful x 9
    • Winner x 4
    • Creative x 2
    • Cuddles! x 1
    • Thank You! x 1
    #1 Kibaa, Jul 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  2. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

A dark shadowy figure looked over the paper. Shaking their head.
    "I don't believe a damned word of it.."
    They glance over to certain Unionist Admiral who was next to them. Waiting to see his reaction.

Alexa read over the papers.
    "This is getting insane. Look at this Lev. Accusations are being thrown all over the place now and days."
    She passes the accusation flyer over to him. Visible concern in her eyes.

@Legoclub22

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #2 MidnightRey, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

“Dense orc? Well that’s one way to nullify your entire argument by breaching Honnuers law wouldn’t you say ol’ handy?” The Forgemaster asked the severed hand of Isidoro Playero sitting rather nicely on his wall, of course it didn’t reply because it was a hand, but it made the Arak feel superior nonetheless. A typical day at the forge resumed.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Beleiver

Beleiver I'm a Believer

A Certain Unionist Admiral would read this offer, aiming to then scratch the back of his head. The man wouldn't lift a flask to his lips for once, reading it further. He'd turn to a certain Shadow, moving to mutter; "Part of its true." he'd simply say. He then nudged another man at his side- a Certain Keen Unionist. "You know it too." The man would then pull out a piece of simple paper, and a Clockwork Pen. He'd quickly scribble the following accusation down- directed to a Certain Orc.

Written in a Green Ink;

"After all, he did murder him, did he not? I saw the blood. Answer me this, Kalmar. How did a one armed Playero with a dagger pose a threat to you?- And how did that /said/ dagger end up in his chest? Sounds more like a fucking shitty story to cover up your murder. How does it feel? You murdered a crippled and tired man. What a fucking accomplishment. And no proper investigation on the murder sight was offered. Ten minutes? Fifteen at most? Then it was cleaned up, as if it never happened. Sounds like a cover up, doesn't it? Sounds like corruption to me. Answer these, and prove my wrong. Your actions give a shit ton of pride to the Old Guard, don't they? Isidoro was no friend of mine, but I was there during this incident. I want fucking justice. And don't give me that 'he only had one day left' bullshit.

Spirit Protect."

The letter wasn't signed.

@midnight_moon123 (Certain Shadow)
    @HeyitsNano (Certain Keen Unionist)
    @TalkChat (Letter) (Certain Orcon)

----------------------

A Certain Archblood Knight would read the notice, giving a sigh as he read it. He'd look to his hand, opening and closing it a few times. He then looked to the sky for a moment, blinking a few times- the movement awkward and gentle as a bandage was around his neck. The man would then set the notice down on a nearby barrel neatly, and depart.

• Winner Winner x 7
    #4 Beleiver, Jul 18, 2020
  5. HybrisVT

HybrisVT A totally serious person.

Anika sat at her desk in the northern province Kreiburg owned, drumming her fingers on the desk, "I was told lok-guthrain killed playero, what bullshit is this?" She tossed the copy of the post to the side before adjusting her chair to face the fireplace.

-

Neither Margherita dei Moreno or Mai'ellem could read the post so they passed by it without a second thought.

• Winner Winner x 2
    #5 HybrisVT, Jul 18, 2020
  6. Vivamente

Vivamente An Unfortunate Scotsman

[​IMG]
    |To Dissolve the Lies|
    Composed by
    Sir Amory Edgar Kreiburg.
    In retort to the allegations made by one Xabi Playero, from the desk of Amory Edgar Kreiburg at the behest of the Baron of Langthal, Theopold Kreiburg.

With regards to our approach of Isidoro Playero in the Bristled Boar:
    • After Isidoro Playero requested a total of 36'000 Regals from Baron Kreiburg and due to our knowledge of his debt only being 20'000, we sought to find out why he claimed he required 36'000. Upon our approach and offering him facts and figures from my own hoarding of documents, Isidoro Playero became violent and threatened both my life and my family in a following bout of anger. This led to me documenting the scene as it was going on in scribbled Alt-Regalian on scrap paper. You are more than welcome to see the document should you seek me out.
    • The man appeared sound of mind, his threats truthful as he offered to use his own crimes to detriment our family and see us eventually executed; effectively extorting the kindness we extended through out wardship.
    • House Kreiburg still was intent on paying the debt of Isidoro Playero even beyond his unfortunate death.
    Regarding the first death of Isidoro Playero due to the severing of his hand:
    • On the unfortunate evening of Isidoro Playero's first death he is recorded to have attacked a Knight within the lounges of the Wunderbar, having drawn a knife against the armoured individual. This Knight was in no way under our control and acted on his own sound mind in self defense, at which point it was requested Isidoro be ceased and taken to Greygate for his attempted assault with a weapon. He resisted and a friend of his begun attacking individuals attempting to cease the man, resulting in Mister Playero bleeding out as he was unable to seek medical attention due to his own friend's intervention.
    • Upon Isidoro's ressurection as an Archblood, shortly after his return to the 'land of the living' as I will affectionately refer to life as; the Lord Chancellor ordered his detainment due to his threats against House Kreiburg and myself.
    I apologize for your loss, Xabi Playero; though I do not condone the actions of your brother and I will not justify them to make you feel better or for your peace of mind. You are welcome to find me to discuss the matter further, something your belated brother could not do due to his quick temper and violent nature. May the Spirit rest your brother's soul and may he repent for his sins however the Spirit should deem fit.

May the Spirit keep you,
    Sir Amory Edgar Kreiburg.
    [​IMG]

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 3
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. FeralGayWalnut

FeralGayWalnut Lesbian Worst Enemy

“Joy.” Remarked a certain Archan as she passed the paper over to her Commander. “I never knew the Daens to be the dramatic sort.”

The woman was quiet for a beat, eying the scenery outside the window of the Greygate office. And then she murmured, with a hint of distaste to her words, “The honor of men has gone to the gutter, truly. With his intelligence too.”

@Katiesc

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

Maikel sighed at his cousin, in which he'd thinking before speaking aloud to him. "I don't know much of what happened.. but the past must stay in the past Isidoro is gone from us. We cannot change that. Please, for the sake of the family and yourself, let us make progress for those that remain. He.. told me to tell you that he loved you. More than anything in the world. I don't want to lose you as well. Please.. I am begging you.. end this. Do not allow them to destroy what we have."

@Kibaa

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. canaaa

canaaa tea gremlin Staff Member PR2

Milena tiredly stares at the pages, eyebrows furrowed.

"What do I even have to do with this?"

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
  10. _GoldWolf_

_GoldWolf_ Regalian Lesser Noble

[​IMG]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Epistle to House Playero
    The High Exarch Cautions You

Scribed by
    His Worship Aelfric Harhold

July 17th, 308 AC

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
    May the All Divine, Virtue Incarnate,
    Our Lord, the Holy Imperial Spirit,
    Shine down His blessed light upon you,
    In order to guide you along the collective path,
    The Great Way
    Oratario Paean
    ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

[​IMG]

PROCLAIMING
    IN PEACE AND COMMUNION
    SANCTIONED BY THE HIGH EXARCH
    TO ALL WHO READ THIS ADDRESS
    GRACE, MERCY AND PEACE

It is by the eternal mercy of the Spirit that those who have passed on, no matter of the volume of their sins or severity are offered another chance to redeem after death. Reincarnation is an accepted fact by most if not all Churches of Union and those who do not recognize such a profound piece of the one true faith delve into great heresy, disavowing the very concepts which offer them the right to preach and interpret freely as in accordance with the Tenth Creed. These Immovable Concepts, specifically the Spiritual Professions state this and therefore this becomes undeniable by any Church. Of course, it remains up to interpretation whether this cycle of reincarnation is eternal or limited, however the main factor remains. All sinners, your brother alike, will find life after death. They will not be cast to the Void. They will not be abandoned by Our Lord. His light will shine upon them once more and while they will face His scorn for their sins, they will receive the mercy written about to a great extent by Theomar in the Creeds and preached about to an even greater extent by the ordained men, those who don the cloth.

Why do I say this, you may ask? For it is clear that this missive is the product of great anguish on your part, just as reincarnation is the product of the Spirit’s mercy. It is clear that you mourn for your brother’s death and for that I offer my deepest condolences. However, my first caution to you, Mister Playero. This is not the way to mourn, I assure you. You must know by now that the addresses your family produces do not receive the best response on your part and to mourn your brother’s death in this way, in a way which you may deem as a defense, in fact dishonors your beloved family member in various ways. How does it dishonor Isidoro Playero? It shall receive little of a response but sly remarks by the majority of those who view this parchment and it will produce nothing but that. I have great doubt that this will lead to any of your wishes, namely the prosecution of those you deem worthy of it and public dissent against those you mention in this address. Nay, in fact, it will lead to the exact opposite. While you will likely not be prosecuted for this missive, it will further the negative public opinion held against you and your family, further dirtying the name of a House which at this moment you should be trying to better.

Secondly, you mention various individuals within this missive. While I cannot offer my defense to the majority of them for I know not if your allegations hold truth or not, I will come to the defense of the smallest but likely most important mention within this entire announcement. I bring to mind a quote from your missive regarding the Lord Chancellor’s involvement in the death of Mister Isidoro Playero, “Without a single speck of investigation conducted into the alleged crimes of Isidoro Playero regarding his supposed “drunken misconduct”, the Chancellor subjected a Unionist man to execution with no trial, jury, or adjudication from the Regalian Judiciary.” While I am unaware if this act of drunken misconduct was in self-defense as you state, I will bring to mind the fact that at Isidoro’s past punishment being the demotion of his civil class which you mention here, “In ordering Isidoro’s execution, this judgment was sabotaged by Lord Chancellor Drachenburg, who had reduced this Ailor man of the Faith to a rank beneath even the Lesser Races for the crime of mistakenly carrying out his own orders. To charge a mere scholar with the task of reclaiming the Ceardian homeland, only to punish the inevitable logistical misinterpretations that were to come by reducing that same mere scholar to None Civil Status is unprecedented in the history of the Regalian Chancellorship.” This punishment was in fact in the emulation of the Spirit on the part of the Lord Chancellor. The Lord Chancellor could have easily executed Playero for his crimes and yet he offered him mercy by dropping Mister Isidoro low to None Civil Status, akin to how the Holy Imperial Spirit offers mercy to sinners through reincarnating them as lesser races in their next life. It was through this that the decision to execute Isidoro came to be as the Lord Chancellor at first could have easily sentenced Mister Playero to death and yet he did not, permitting him time to redeem. It should also be said that no trial could ever be held for Isidoro Playero as individuals of None Civil Status cannot defend themselves in court.

Lastly, I caution you on something I have expertise in, being your baseless argument on interpretations that do not exist as far as I am aware. I bring to mention this quote from your missive, “A blasphemy so dastard, it befell upon the will of our Divine Spirit to deliver the judgement that Isidoro Playero’s service to the empire had not yet concluded -- and thus his first death was denied, and an Archblood was born.” Nowhere in my or other’s interpretations nor in the Creeds does it state that those who have passed on shall be returned to life in the form of an Archblood. In fact, while I am not all too knowledgeable on how Archbloods are produced and men are brought back to life with eyes violet, I would say that no creation of the Spirit could so universally be controlled by a Void Dragon of all beings at the battle against the Empire of Void-spawn, the Dread Empire. I also caution you in the matters of assuming the Spirit’s intention. No layman has that right as the Spirit is a being of perfection, unlike us. He is unpredictable, Virtue Incarnate, All Divine and eternal in life. His intentions should not and cannot be used by you to support your argument against the death of Mister Playero in saying that it was not Playero’s time and the Spirit returned him to life in order to fulfill his service. While I shall not call for any punishment on these grounds for what could be considered by many to be blasphemy, I guide you in this matter. I beseech you, do not let it happen again.

I will say in conclusion that this is guidance. Not insult, not an attack against yourself, nor any other argument that could be brought against me for producing this epistle addressed to you and your family. This is purely guidance in accordance with my vows to help my flock along the righteous path. I stress this now, take this time after Isidoro’s death to not continue this argument but to better your family which has been passed onto you. I say, the continuation of this battle will not bear any fruit for you.

You may respond to this epistle as you wish however I shall inform you now that it too shall bear no fruit for I shall not be writing anymore on this matter. This is my final verdict and my only guidance to you. I plead with you to take it in and digest the words upon paper. Not to immediately spit it out because the taste is not to your liking.

I offer you this caution. May my guidance be received and may the Spirit’s light assist you in walking hand in hand with your brothers and sisters on the collective path and again, my deepest condolences for your loss.

Signed with the Love of a Father,
    Aelfric Harhold,
    Holy Father of the Church of the Radiant Eye,
    Former High Reverend of the Synod,
    Member of the Holy Conclave

“When the judgement time comes, the souls will be denied or granted. When denied, they shall be cast back as a non-Human, tormented to live life again as a lesser being to have a second chance at proving they deserve to be Humanum, such is the grace and mercy of the Imperial Spirit.”

Excerpt from the Second Creed of Union
    @Kibaa

• Powerful Powerful x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

The following day...
    Tracks within the washed-out mud were left behind from the black-stallion the large Orcon rid upon. Further down the path, the trotting of the hooves of the same stallion could be heard as the Orcon sped after the small boar alongside his administration within Pol Tanh, the counties-capital. Wild calls were hollered out as the many men, Ailor and Orc alike raced after the boar, isolating it to a circle where another flanking crowd awaited the presence of the animal, which squealed as it practically ran into their spears.

It was that night the peers feasted on said bore within the Guthrain’s main estate, sharing stories and the like. But, just as night fell one of the many advisors came to Kalmar’s side, leaning over to whisper him the news of commoners insults, and rumor-mongering. He gave a knowing look over toward the man, stroking at his beard in contemplation if he should even make a response. Finally, he stood- a scribe following as he moved toward his study, away from the festivities.
    [​IMG]
    Dear Playero,

I believe the Ailor has many sayings of how one-sided stories make it compelling to believe your own lies, within the Polorc’s we do not have these sayings. What we do have is many iterations of verbal storytelling that tell of spite, and dishonor. You fail to come to me to seek reconciliation, instead, you seek to grasp at the first opportunity to prove something to this archipelago. You shout so loud that no one can hear you, and even if they did, they know sins of your name to only prove lies and scandal. I do not mind being painted as a murderer, but what I do grow tired of is anticipating that with whatever comes to a Playero’s doorstep next it will always be written in a full-entry report on it that will cloud not mine, but many offices after. You’ve no evidence to prove my guilt, you’ve no evidence to prove my affiliation with the rather incompetent house Kreiburg, but I understand the rage that comes to many when death occurs, so I do forgive you. In my final words- to give you and your own closure, let it not be said that any man, Orc or not, doesn’t act off instinct in time of their life being threatened. I will never apologize for what I did, but only hope that Isidoro has found his peace.

Sincerely,
    Kalmar Lok-Guthrain
    Count of Pol Tanh
    Rakhon of the Medway Polorcs
    Captain of the Old Guard
    [​IMG]

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    #11 TalkChat, Jul 18, 2020
  12. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

Reads over Xabli's work in passing but as he goes to write a response he glimpses the High Exarch's words and stops writing "My a Unionist with Julla's gift of wisdom and ability to make through and intelligent argumentation. Maybe the Gods haven't deserted this city entirely quite yet, Praise the Gods. Playero heed his words they will speak better then any of your house ever could." the Url smiles a newfound respect for the aged Exarch. As he says another prayer to the Gods surrounded by the voices of the dead as he prays for the Playeros and for their dead.

“poor fool has just told the whole world that the lich will pay 1000r for his and his family members heads. I pity him he might be contending with one of the many who would love to take up that bounty.”

• Winner Winner x 1
    #12 bwmwags3, Jul 18, 2020
  13. festiveCorvid

festiveCorvid Product of German Engineering Premium

To the Worship Harhold,

The creation of the Archbloods does not involve a true passing, but rather, prevention of death from the moment of passing. While I offer no argument or constructive words to the original message, I will say that, on the note of Archbloods being controlled by the dread Dragon Rikkira, there is a passage in the creeds about how all men can be lead astray. Other than that, perhaps we can meet over tea regarding the Archblood affliction so I can fill you in on the exact specifics.
    Signed, Abelhard Latimer,
    Baron of Athos.​
    @_GoldWolf_

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  14. _GoldWolf_

_GoldWolf_ Regalian Lesser Noble

To the Baron Latimer,

Even with such knowledge passed on of which I thank you for, it is clear that the state of Archblood is not produced by the Spirit. That is my point in my epistle.

Oratario Ode,
    Holy Father Aelfric Harhold
    @festiveCorvid

• Powerful Powerful x 5