⚜ The Old Guard - Heroes And Veteran's Guard Charter ⚜

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by BillyTheScruffy, Feb 24, 2020.

1. BillyTheScruffy

BillyTheScruffy Massive's Resident Law Enthusiast

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Old Guard formed itself following the dissolving of the Violet Order after the resignation of the former Violet Lord Commander. In order to provide the adequate protection the Regalian Crown Isle, former high ranking members of the Old Guard Organisations, stemming from the first Regalian Guard all the way to the last iteration of the Violet Order have come together to govern together an Order bent on ensuring some semblance of the 'Old ways' by combating aberrant crime, dealing with Regalian Gangs, enforcing the law as rigorously as equity allows and providing a last bastion of Conservative Regalia with the intent on recruiting only Regalian Heroes and Veteran Regalian Guards to ensure Justice across the Empire.

As it currently stands, the Old Guard is governed by a council of former Lord Commanders: William Howlester, Ania Howlester, Jared Luches Kade and Hengest Harhold, with the formerly mentioned as the Order's public figurehead and Grand Commander. However, all decisions about how the Order is managed passes through these Old Dogs and recruitment kept to only those whom can attest to their feats for Regalia both in combat abroad, defense at home and dogs of justice whom are known for patrolling the streets of Regalia enacting the Emperor's Justice. No man or woman who joins the Old Guard is ever put at the rank of recruit for this reason, all members are the Enforcers of Justice in the eyes of the Old Guard.

The other purpose of this charter is to act as a Government security force. Matters related to the Regalian Government and Noble Peerage are to be expected to be dealt with readily and expertly by the Old Guard, comprised of mostly noble leadership, in order to ensure that noble privilege and sensitive state secrets do not fall into the hands of corrupt guards/posing criminals. It is to be expected that members of the Old Guard will frequently be interacting with Regalian Nobility as well as handling crime scene investigations of all kinds.

Given the Old Guard's intent to ensure Peace and Security to the Empire, it also houses medics for the populace of Regalia to access at their leasure. These medics are expected to work for the Old Guard, but will not turn away the injured or sick, no matter the Charter affiliation.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• The right to arrest individuals in breach of Regalian Law while in Uniform.
    • The right to arrest and interrogate suspected criminals of violating State Law.
    • The right to utilize plate armor while on duty.
    • The right to utilize weapons while on duty and use non-concealed carry.
    • The right to imprison those in breach of Regalian Law in Greygate Prison.
    • The right to force curing on individuals with Werebeast and Sanguine afflictions.
    • The right to guard public events.
    • Right to use Unionist inclined Occult Abilities while on duty.
    • Right to bypass noble privilege to sanctity of Estates.
    • Right to issue weapon permits.
    • Right to use Krakenburg under supervision and detainment approval of the Lord Chancellor.
    • The right to investigate guard charters and other law enforcement organisations for acts of corruption, sedition and the undermining of state authority
    • The right to enact punishment on members of guard charters found guilty of such crimes.
    • The right to suspend /individual/ members of Guard charters ranking no more than captain for the aforementioned crimes with a right of appeal to the Lord Chancellor.
    • The right to perform public hearings and inquests into guards, including those of the Old Guard in the Assembly Hall in a similar manner to traditional judicial inquests.
    • The right to confiscate and pursue evidential documentation relating to aforementioned investigations from Guard charters and other relevant parties.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Empire is, at its core, powered by Unionist ideology. The Religious values of Unionism, whatever race faithful to such, binds the populace of the Empire together in times of turmoil and crisis. The people of Regalia are Unionism, and its for this reason that the Old Guard persists to bring justice and protect. No trained hero or warrior will ever be turned away by the Old Guard on the basis of their religion, but a general acceptance and agreeance that, at the core of all life, a strong, unified people fighting against those wishing to create chaos, bring turmoil or destruction, is the only means for survival and social serenity. There is a strong emphasis on patriotism, compliance with Regalian Government and Laws, loyalty to the Emperor and his divinity within the Old Guard however, the Old Guard is not a religious entity. Its a conglomeration of Regalia's finest, all of whom agree that for the sake of a bountiful and prosperous future, a status quo needs to be maintained where the just prevail and the evil are fought back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of the core elements for this Guard Charter is to focus on the aspect of camaraderie among City Guards that has since been lost overtime. While patrols, investigations and other related guard duties are important (and will occur!), there will be a focus on social meetings, feasts, public rallies and open events for all to participate in. Some of the prospective events lined up are as follows:
    1. Public ideology rallies and Pro-Regalian Speeches to boost morale of the people.
    2. Inner Guard feasts, soirees, parties and opportunities for Guards to meet Nobility!
    3. Public punishments! Allow criminals to be punished in public. Pillories etc!
    4. Involve the prisoners in more rp. (Ideas welcome from internal suggestion).
    5. Public Marches for Regalia! Beast hunting and pub and tavern interaction.
    6. Many more to come!​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Below is the Old Guard's Armor design. Only the best protection for Regalia's protectors.

[​IMG]
    "The Sinews of War are not gold, but good soldiers" - Niccolo Machiavelli
    [​IMG]
    The Old Guard, like all other Regalian Law Enforcement chapters, operates out of the Old Greygate Prison. This is accessible through /tp Guard Prison

However, Old Guard related events, meetings, feasts and social gatherings will vary through noble estates such as Kade, Howlester and Harhold as well as others.

[​IMG]
    "It may seem a hard task to condemn fellow creatures to years of confinement in prison, but it is not so hard if they clearly deserve it" - Thomas Mellon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In order to maximise the roleplay value of this Guard Charter, recruitment applications are available through the forums or in game!.
    Rallies will be occurring publically, and Commanders can be approached ICly about their interest in joining and a meeting/interview can begin that way. We're not fussed about recruitment procedure, whatever works for the person who wants to join.

If you are interested in joining this Charter, please use this form below and post on this thread.

In Game Name:
    Character Name:

Letter to the Board of Commanders:
    And then tag @BillyTheScroofy

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 22
    • Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    #1 BillyTheScruffy, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  2. DankDan

DankDan The Forgotten one

In Game Name: DankDan
    Character Name: Daniel Sirgrauth
    Any relevant guard experience/tales of heroism:

Guard Experience: Ex Violet Guard(joined before it got disbanded), Ex Hightower Guard. Ex Warden.

Tales of Heroism: Many battles at the Slum gates, holding the front lines from Aberrants and gangs. The Battle against the Dragon Possessed people that took over the streets of Regalia. The siege to recover the Imperial Castle from the Dragon Possessed(OOC: I think we were saving the Emperors child or something? Its been like 3-2 years so yeah). And many more things that I might have forgotten a long the years as our precious Regalia always has something going on.

Preferred Captain/Commander you wish to speak to: For Jared Kade or Julius Peirgarten.

Then tag
    @BillyTheScroofy

#2 DankDan, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  3. BillyTheScruffy

Meeting arranged and incidentally, done.

4. RememberTheGame

RememberTheGame The Local Chav

In Game Name: Candy_Flipping
    Character Name: Natasha Celyreos <app>

Any relevant guard experience:
    Under the leadership from the original Vigilant Shield, through numerous chapter changes until finally leaving in the second version of the Vigilant Shield. Captain in the Bluesteel alongside serving in the Wolfrundel and aided in the Freya Lo Insurgency.

Tales of heroism: After an unfavourable skirmish with a sanguine, successfully found her way out of the sewers injured in full armour against many criminals calling for her head. Served during the Freya Lo insurgency, escaping being a prisoner of war after being captured during the Battle of Rothburg to return to fight in the final reclamation and also holding off and eliminating a three-man patrol of Deathling's outside Kronau while her scout was disallowed any reinforcements. Also helped fight the Regalian Ripper.

Preferred Captain/Commander you wish to speak to: William Howlester or Ania Santorski.

@BillyTheScroofy

5. BillyTheScruffy

Ania Howlester @MantaRey will meet you when you're both online!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. BillyTheScruffy

Corrected some areas, updated armor design, updated recruitment standard.

7. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

Username: MidnightRey
    Characters name: Shirina Davenport
    Sheet: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/shirina-davenport.82345/#post-952815
    Letter to Commanders William Howlester:
    "It has been a long time, I hope this letter finds you well. You know me as Shirina Davenport, I used to work in the old Viligant Shield. And am the former Commander of your families House Guard. I heard of the chaos that was happening in the city while I was away. So I decided to return to my duty and to the guard in making sure all hands were on deck and I am ready to assist where I can in these times of crisis. And to my last breath protect the city and family whom I have once sworn myself to serve. I hope to meet with you soon once more Lord William Howlester. In the meantime stay safe and Spirit Guide."
    Tales of Heroism: Ooc notes I assume?
    When the purple mist first arrived and Rodderick Howlester was still the Lord Chancellor she had jumped into the mist trying to save him but nearly got taken with him. Before another guard pulled her out last second.
    When the city was attacked by gooing monsters she fought along the other guards to defeat the mind-controlled Urls in the city.

@BillyTheScroofy

#7 MidnightRey, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  8. BillyTheScruffy

Accepted, I'll message you the discord link

9. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

In Game Name: WrongChat
    Character Name: Kalmar Lok-Guthrian.

The letter was clearly legible, hand written by perhaps by a scribe. The familiar sigil of a bathogg enclosed the envelope. There would be wooden beads around the paper with a carved stone tome hanging off, the tome had a large bird, spanning its wings out on either side.

Dear The Old Guards Board of Commanders,

I write to you in good merit. Most of you have probably seen me, or know of me. I am Kalmar Lok-Guthrain, an Orcon from the Dappark Polorc within Daendroc. I soon split off, fought for my own land, my own people before spending my time abroad to the Crown City. Now, I come to you, to prove my worth to the Empire, have my honor be something to respect, and be a model for as I represent it through my work, much like your knights. I seek to earn my place within your guard, and work my way up— as I always have tried.

With Highest Respect,
    Kalmar Lok-Guthrain

10. BillyTheScruffy

As spoken about Icly in game, approved!

11. Chrothic

Chrothic Newsman

In Game Name: Chrothic
    Character Name: Frank Hendrickson
    Commanders, my name is Frank Hendrickson. I was a guard once in the past and was hoping to be one again, and found that only the old guard seemed right for me.
    Signed: Frank Hendrickson

@BillyTheScroofy

#11 Chrothic, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  12. BillyTheScruffy

Approved, I will message you via the forums with the discord link

13. MrBlwe

MrBlwe Refugee

In Game Name:NNNBull
    Character Name:Orodor Arzillin
    Good day commanders, I am Orodor Arzillin. I seek an honorable guard charter to serve beneath during these troubled times. I have years of experience in combat both military and unconventional. I served as second Rhax to the Qar-Digmaan, captain in the common language. I also served as a violet for some time. I offer my services and abilities to support your cause and hope you appreciate my letter of consideration.
    Sincerely Orodor Arzillin

@BillyTheScroofy

• Powerful Powerful x 2
  14. BillyTheScruffy

Accepted

15. minecraftsman03

minecraftsman03 Matt_DayMan

In Game Name: Matt_DayMan
    Character Name: Oscar Theodard

Hello Good Leaders of The Old Guard, I am Oscar Theodard and I seek to help people buy becoming a guard . Walking around streets seeing if any citizens need help, no matter how big or small. And as a former Man-at-arms of the Viridin Order, it would be an honor to be a knight once again. I am an expert in Sword and Shield combat, a Defender that will protect the good people. I offer my services, my strengths, and my skills to the Old Guard.
    Sincerely,
    Oscar Theodard

@BillyTheScroofy

16. Gochnipunchni

Gochnipunchni Pocket Princess

In Game Name: Gochnipunchni!
    Character Name: Father Gonslavo Wilhelm

The weighty envelope arrived tied with a golden ribbon, bearing a symbol of a helm. Inside, the letter was yellowed parchment, and the words were written with a dark blue ink.
    "Dear Esteemed Board of Commanders,
    I am Gonslavo Wilhelm, a member of the Burning Choir, who (until recently) was a member of the Crimson Inquisition. I wish to join the guard for the simple goal of defending what little remains of my family in this time of crisis. I am skilled with a greatsword and though I might be old, my armor is as tough as ever. As for tales of heroism, during the recent incursion into that abyssal abomination called the Rift, I was one of the few who went into that innermost sanctum of heresy, and I was the one who plunged my hand into the deepest recesses of its being and withdrew that orb, losing my arm in the process. As for my prior life, I maintained a small abbey in Ânia which was beset by all manner of werebeasts and vampires at all times, and spent many years single-handedly fighting them off. I also do believe that Ser Howlester and I have met in the past, during the dissolution of the Inquisiton, where I took a bit of a shine to him. He is a good man, and it would be an honor to serve beneath him.

Yours in Death as in Life,
    Father Gonslavo Wilhelm"
    @BillyTheScroofy

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  17. Jupiter6700

Jupiter6700 The Raptor

In Game Name: Jupiter6700/JupitersAlt
    Character Name: Kyzzriki Mu-Tyzzallah
    To the Board of Commanders;

I am Kyzzriki, hunter of Hadar and expert archer within the bounds of the heavy bow, I am a Chrysant War Veteran. I’ve seen the worst of the worst during those six years, like many of the veterans I assume are in this organization. Before the War, I was a regular street guard, and I wish to pursue that life again, even if it is a far shot from my small town in Karfanth. I wish to serve my newfound home and this is one of the ways I can accomplish such. Please consider me.
    -Kyzzriki

18. ThePear

ThePear Pear

In Game Name: (Changed)
    Character Name: Jack Velcantine

I hope this letter finds you all in good health
    I wish to join the Old Guard to help people. O chose this Chapter because I agree with there policy and I know people personally who work as a guard in this Charter. I am a former member of the Crimson Inquisition, and since the Inquisition was recently practically dissolved, I wish to become a member of the Old Guard to continue my pursuit in protecting the city from threats, especially in these hard times. I hope that you find that I will be a great addition in the Old Guard and I hope to join your ranks in our quest to protect our city in these hard times.
    -Jack Velcantine

Oops, Almost forgot to tag @BillyTheScroofy

#18 ThePear, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  19. BillyTheScruffy

All approved. Contact me via the forums with your discord name and I'll add you to the relevant Old Guard Discord

20. GrilledCheese2

GrilledCheese2 Potato in a sock

In Game Name: BananaForSale
    Character Name: Audric Kraus
    To the esteemed Board of Commanders,
    My name is Audric Kraus, and I am writing to you today to join the honorable Old Guard Charter. I have been a guard in the past, and have always enjoyed the duty of serving and protecting the citizens of Regalia. I wish to join the Old Guard because it seems the most fit for myself after looking over the other charters.
    Spirit Protect,
    Audric Kraus

21. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

In Game Name: Carcalla
    Character Name: Enki Lok-Nignishzida

I am Enki Nignishzida, Kalmar knows me and I am told I can be of use. I use the Qadir Shardbow and I also use Alchemy as well as Clockwork. I am an expert smith too, I can make armor and weapons though I largely prefer to make armor. Please consider accepting me.
    Sincerely,
    Enki Lok-Nignishzida

22. BillyTheScruffy

Both accepted. Message me via the forums for the discord invite link.

23. Anseran

Anseran Ifrit Enthusiast

In Game Name: Anseran
    Character Name: Osira Lae'rinsyr

"Dear Board of Commanders,

During the incident that led to the dismantling of the Inquisition, I, as an Inquisition Guard, elected to go against orders given to me. This was because my orders did not keep the peace and instead incited further violence. I attempted to stop the ensuing brawl of both parties and I'm sad to say I failed. However, my actions of neutrality were noted by Corjah Dei Termini and he offered me a place among your ranks for my willingness to keep the peace, over my willingness to obey orders that were unjust.

I would be grateful if I could receive a place within your charter and will diligently attempt to keep the peace and protect lives.

Signed,
    Osira Lae'rinsyr"

And then tag @BangersandSash

24. Mortisian

Mortisian The Flesh is Weak, the Machine is Strong

Addressed to Osira Lae'rinsyr,

Report to Greygate at nearest time for Fitting and Readjustment of assignments.

Signed,
    Captain Corjah dei Termini

25. Mortisian

Mortisian The Flesh is Weak, the Machine is Strong

To the Mr. Lasilfalta,

Without recording of Honorable deeds, Heroic Actions or Veteran Service within the Military, as well as being a Sorcerer, you are unable to apply at present time. Please re-evaluate your own actions and desires and re-apply within a Months time if you feel inclined to do so.

Signed,
    Captain Corjah dei Termini

Denied.

26. nath_n

nath_n Mamba Mentality

In Game Name: Natannine
    Character Name: Reginald Typhonus
    To the Commanding Board of the Old Guard,
    I found myself essentially invited into your ranks by Commander Peirgarten. An old friend of mine. My name is Reginald Typhonus, I wish to work with the Old Guard to assist in many of the noble based crimes, and enforcement of the law within the Capital City. Offering my skills as a second-trial ranger. I feel as if I can assist in upholding the Regalian Law among my other duties.

27. TalkChat

Accepted. Message me for invites to the chat.

28. Vivamente

Vivamente An Unfortunate Scotsman

In Game Name: Vivamente.
    Character Name: Sigvard Orell Kreiburg.
    To the Office of the Board of Commanders,

I am writing to you a servant of the Empire for what can only be the majority of my lifetime, an Ex-Commander and Standard Bearer within the ranks of the Regalian Army and a trained Sanktist Ritualist. I have served without doubt in my lifetime, I have made mistakes as all good men surely have at least once in their lifetimes; I accept the burden of guarding the citizenry, peerage and the Empire itself.

I am proficient with a longsword, able to produce a high standard of combat after having trained with the Tenpenny Officers at the Marshalry Academy in both light and heavy armour of which the heavier variety is preferred. Currently my life is slow, time is wasted in lounges with individuals discussing the latest fashion and forgetting about the hardships the Empire faced while they stuffed their faces and guzzled wine. Regardless, I digress.

My application stands, I wish to serve in a proper capacity to the Empire; while there is no war going on I cannot command troops as I have done in the past and as such I need some outlet for my abilities and a place to train and better myself at the same time.

Oratario Ode,
    Sigvard Orell Kreiburg.

@BillyTheScroofy @TalkChat

• Like Like x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  29. TalkChat

Accepted.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  30. Luxus07

Luxus07 Draconic Mercenary

In Game Name: Luxus07
    Character Name: Sylvia Reinard

To the board of commanders;

I have discussed offering my aid to the Old Guard charter with the count Lok-Guthrain before and promised that I would pen a letter after receiving my family's blessing thereupon. Thus I am writing this letter; wishing to join the charter. I am first an alchemist and scholar; second a researcher and wielder of puretek weapons. Whether it is taking down aberrants, aiding fellow charter-men or assisting your healers, I can provide.

With great respect & loyalty to the Empire,
    signature gif.gif

And then tag @BillyTheScruffy

31. BillyTheScruffy

Your application has been approved. Message me on discord for an invite to the Old Guard discord

32. BillyTheScruffy

We are no longer accepting further applications

33. Yigit

Yigit Undertaker

In Game Name: Yigit
    Character Name: Rodrigo Peirgarten
    To the Board of Commanders of the Old Guard,

I shall keep this letter concise. As per the request of my wife, the Countess-Electress of Lorhauser, and my interest in service to the Empire by committing to the one thing I am good at, I once again show desire to include myself in your ranks. I am a tough and tested man, with experience in the line of guard duty, and my successful services as Commander and Captain alike are well recorded. In conclusion, I appeal for you to welcome me back to the Old Guard, so that I may continue to do my part for ensuring the safety of the Crown Capital.

Best regards,
    His Lordship Rodrigo Peirgarten
    Count-Consort of Lorhauser

@BillyTheScruffy

• Winner Winner x 1
  34. RadioMike99

RadioMike99

In-Game Name: RadioMike99
    Character Name: Akuma Hanta

To the Board of Commanders of the Old Guard,

I have met with Daniel Sirgrauth before and he mentioned Mercenary work. I have tried to work with some groups, but they do not have the same ideals that I have. I wish to protect the citizens of Regalia from the Sanguine and Werebeasts that lurk in the shadows. I have never had any past experience as a guard or any Regalian military history, but I am interested in helping any way I can.

Sincerely,
    Akuma Hanta

35. DipliPsychi

DipliPsychi your server farmboy

In Game Name: FarmerBlakeyBoy
    Character Name: Rolf av Drixagh

To the Board of Commanders,

I'm inquiring a position in this prestigious order as to serve my city once more, I spoke with a Captain Daniel earlier and he told me to write a letter to the Board concerning this. I believe my skills as a Knight of the Lion Pelt order will aide greatly to the Old Guard's endeavor. I wish to protect the common populace from scum such as vampires and the such.

Best of wishes,
    Sir Rolf av Drixagh

@BillyTheScruffy

36. BillyTheScruffy

All applications have been dealt with and are up to date

37. nath_n

nath_n Mamba Mentality

In Game Name: Natannine
    Character Name: Reginald Typhonus

To the Board of Commanders of the esteemed Old Guardsmen charter,
    I wish to return to service of the city guard with the best of my ability specifically in relevance to the sanguine crisis currently plaguing the streets of Regalia, as a somewhat expert of Sanguinology I wish to utilize and hone my skills accrued in my years of study to make the street a safer place for all citizens of the Crown City.

Glory to the Empire,
    Reginald Wolfram Typhonus,
    Baron of Chetznitz,

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  38. Nungenung

Nungenung Owner of The Green Orc inn

Ingame name: Nungenung
    Character name: Anarok Na'roj

Guard experience:
    I have been by kreiguard so I have some experience

Letter:

Dear commanders of the old guards,

My name is Anarok Na'roj and I would like to join the old guard I have had experience with being a guard I was an guard in daen and joined the kreiguard there I got kicked out and now I want to join the guards here I will do everything to keep the peace and protect the law

Anarok

@BillyTheScruffy

#38 Nungenung, Sep 21, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  39. RainAxe

RainAxe Refugee

In Game Name: RainAxe
    Character Name: Xane Darrath
    Sheet: https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/xane-darrath.88640/

(The letter had been brought inside a well folded envelope. A dark blue wax holding it within place. Inside its contents would speak the following in exquisite calligraphy.)

To whom it may concern,

Good day to you. My name is Xane Darrath. I am a man in search of opportunity to help bring order to the streets of Regalia. There has been occasions to see the sights of sanguine, and I hope that I can have an opportunity to help enforce peace to the land. I have been taught by great men with a blade, and I continue to maintain the fighting spirit. Alongside this, I offer a hand in a forge to perhaps create or enhance the weaponry you may hold. I hope you consider my letter into account for possibly a meeting if you wish to see the limits of my skills and perhaps consider me amongst a grand charter such as this. Do take care

-Sincerely,

Xane Darrath

@BillyTheScruffy

40. ShipIt

ShipIt Bon'voyage me ol' cream cracker

@Walenator @Dachuur Hello! Sorry for the wait, I'd like to bring you two in for an interview at grey-gate at some point. Please contact me through the forums for a good time and day. Thank you!