⚖ The Regalian Lesser Court Registry ⚖

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by BillyTheScruffy, Nov 15, 2017.

1. BillyTheScruffy

BillyTheScruffy Massive's Resident Law Enthusiast

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Regalian Lesser Court was established in 305AC by Rodderick Howlester when there was a recognised need for the implementation of a minor Court to deal with Civil and Criminal matters between commoners. Two months after its establishment, Rodderick Howlester was granted the position of Judicial Minister, to establish and preside over a Court that will hear any and all cases between commoners and nobles alike, except in cases where the charge is Grand Treason or Heresy. The Court utilises the same procedural rules and outlines used by the Regalian Grand Judiciary so therefore, each Defendant is adjudged Guilty unless they themselves can cast reasonable doubt on their guilt, thus proving innocence.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Lesser Court is open to all who wish to settle criminal or civil disputes of any nature that do not qualify for hearing by the Regalian Judiciary. Trials are set at certain dates. If either the accuser or defender cannot make the date, the trial will continue regardless. Evidence must be submitted to the Lesser Court before hand to be evaluated for a 'Writ of Action'. A 'Writ of Action' is a Court document that is bestowed upon an individual that essentially outlines that they have a reasonable case to bring the Defendant to court for the allegations committed. These Writs will usually be handed out at 'Assize Time' which will be every Sunday.

Trials are usually set around 4 days after the accusation is made, so the players involved have plenty of time to regulate a Trial Maker to speak their absence and provide a court case. Preferred dates and times will always mostly aim towards the defender since accusers have very minimal roles in actual trials. The accuser should PM all evidence presented to the player who will portray the Judge assigned to each case by the High Justicar.

Additionally, if you have a character that you would think is learned in Regalian Law and satisfies the necessary criteria to be a Justicar (That being the applicant is Ailor and has at least 4 years of Regalian Law experience and preferably a qualification from a Regalian College of Law) then you may also make a pleading on this page to be interviewed for Judiciary work as a Justicar.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Held by: Rodderick Howlester

The High Justicar oversees the management of the Regalian Judiciary and presides over matters that he believes to be of upmost importance from the view of Regalian Law. He may also preside over judicial matters if there is no other Justicar currently available. The High Justicar can bestow Writs of Action and also is the last point of appeal of a case where applicable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Held by: N/A

Justicars generally are the individuals who preside over cases brought before the lesser Judiciary. They have the authority to hand out writs, which have to be marked with a stamped approval by the High Justicar, and serve them on qualifying applicants.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Held by: N/A

The Court Scribe is tasked with documenting the proceedings of a case from the beginning of the trial to the verdict so that it can be used as Judicial Precedent in the future. They are also in charge of ensuring that proper procedural conduct is upkept so that Accusers and Defendants aren't held in contempt of Court.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These must be completed and posted on this page where applicable. Below is an application to bring forth a case and also an application for those interested in gaining a place within the Lesser Court itself.
    Court Position Application

Simply PM an IC letter of application to @BillyTheScroofy and a meeting will be arranged. It is recommended that all applicants have a formal education in Regalian Law.

Application for a Writ of Action against a wrong doer

I, <Name> of House <Name> call the dishonorable <Name> of House <Name> to Court over grievances most severe!
    @tag the person you are accusing:
    Provide a short concise sentence to explain what they were being accused of
    - Sub-Bullet (Attempted Murder):
    - Every Separate (Assault):
    - Accusation (Wrongful Conviction):

Provide a preferred date for the Trial

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 16
    #1 BillyTheScruffy, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

IGN: AtticCat
    IC Name: Juliette Wodenstaff
    IC Age: Twenty-one
    IC Race: Ailor - Alt-Anglian/Ithanian
    IC Legal Experience: Well.. she's been a guard for a bunch of stuff. So she knows the laws well.
    Letter to the High Justicar, Rodderick Howlester:

Rodderick,

It's lovely to see your charter finally start up, this will certainly get your name around a bit more. Anywho, I was applying in hopes that I could find myself a position somewhere as this seems like a grand time- unless, of course, you believe that I have put too much on my plate by now.

Spirit Guide,

Juliette Eleanor Wodenstaff
    Captain of the Vigilant Shield
    Captain of the Safeguard Rangers

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

IGN: Wumpatron
    IC Name: Harald Viktor von Drachenburg
    IC Age: 49
    IC Race: Alt-Regalian Ailor
    IC Legal Experience: Studied State Law as a Page to the Viridian Elders. While the Viridian Order held authority within the capital, knowldge of the laws and doctrines associated with such. Recently began studying law again as a past time as he is reaching the height of his combat and will begin declining in skill in the next few years.

High Justicar, Rodderick Howlester,

I wish to serve within this necessary process of the law system. Place me wherever your judgment sees fit. Since the age of seven I have been intimately exposed to the Laws of our State Government. Now at age forty-nine I find myself intrigued by the laws of our land once more. I ask for the opportunity to serve.

Spirit watch over and bless you and your kin,
    Harald Viktor von Drachenburg

#3 Wumpatron, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  4. Posidem

Posidem Archmage of Avgard

IGN: norrstrom
    IC Name: Olivia Ombre
    IC Age: Thirty
    IC Race: Ithanian Champagnard - Dressolini Ailor
    IC Legal Experience: Olivia has been running her family's over seas shipping business for years now meaning she has had to learn and observe various merchant, maritime, and international laws. She is also a skilled diplomat, contributing her knowledge of Regalian and local laws to that. Since returning to Regalia this past year, she has also been studying law to better understand the system in which she is bound to and works in. Also, she has sued some people coughcough.

Monsieur Howlester,

The going ons of court have always fascinated me since I was a child, the ability to determine justice is a great one indeed, which has lead me to study and better understand these laws by which the system works. And whilst I do already serve in the Law Society, I think my abilities to fairly and justly judge could be of use here.

I do hope you consider,
    [​IMG]
    Madame la Ombre
    Baroness de Imperial Court

Swan de Ithanian Court
    Protecteur de Avull Island
    Dame de Oakclyff

• Educated Educated x 1
    #4 Posidem, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  5. MantaRey

MantaRey repairing the gens Staff Member Lore2

IGN: MantaRey
    IC Name: Katriane Howlester
    IC Age: 22 years old.
    IC Race: Velheim-Leutz-Vixe Ailor
    IC Legal Experience: Vague guard work experience.

Rodd,

I believe you told me something along the lines of wanting to 'show me the ropes' of this judiciary business. You're awfully passionate about it all - I'm sure learning from you will be wonderful. Try not to get mad at me if I don't understand something.

- Kat.

6. BillyTheScruffy

Juliette,
    I'm very honoured by your application. I'd like to arrange an actual conversation between the two of us before we proceed further. As of now, you fit the necessary criteria to become our Court Scribe but should you have the necessary skills required to become Justicar, I will consider you wholeheartedly.

Yours faithfully and in bona fide,

Rodderick Aethelwulf Howlester,
    Baron of Galloway,
    High Justicar of the Lesser Court,
    Chairman of the Regalian Law Society.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. BillyTheScruffy

Honorable Von Drachenburg,
    Ehren to you, good Ser. I am greatly intrigued by your correspondence and kindly request that we meet sometime in the very near future to discuss your prospective position in more detail. I'd advise you in the meantime to brush up on judicial procedure. It will come in handy.

Yours faithfully and in bona fide,

Rodderick Aethelwulf Howlester,
    Baron of Galloway,
    High Justicar of the Lesser Court,
    Chairman of the Regalian Law Society.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. JennaLikesCoffee

JennaLikesCoffee Refugee

IGN: JennaLikesCoffee.
    IC Name: Rosalina Howlester.
    IC Age: 22.
    IC Race: Ailor, Ceardian.
    IC Legal Experience: Is a member of the Regalian Law Society, and the Regalian Safeguards. For a numerous amount of years, Rosalina has also studied politics and wishes to further her knowledge.

Dearest brother,

I wish to do what I can under the Regalian Lesser Court, and under you. I believe this could provide me with great learning experiences in the near future, and hopefully, a great way to further my knowledge in law as a whole. I will do my absolute best.

Sincerely,
    [​IMG]

9. Snurfle

Snurfle

IGN: Snurfle
    IC Name: Edward Talbot
    IC Age: 49
    IC Race: Anglian Ailor
    IC Legal Experience: Is a member of the Law Society, with two children in the Vigilant Shield. He has occasionally studied law as part of general learning, although it has been improving in recent years with his involvement in the capital.

"To High Justicar Howlester,

As you know, I am currently a member of the society. I am able to debate, but I yearn to give more. I wish to to be a member of the lesser court to use my knowledge of the law in a more practical sense. Thank you for your consideration.

Best wishes, Edward Talbot
    "

10. Fatherland

Fatherland Merchant

I, Edmond of House du Pont call the dishonorable Nadina Haaven to Court over grievances most severe!
    @tag the person you are accusing: @Eccetra
    Provide a short concise sentence to explain what they were being accused of:
    -
    Violation of Regalian State Law, provision Seven.
    - Violation of Regalian State Law, provision One.

Time TBD. @BillyTheScroofy

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. BillyTheScruffy

Case accepted and a Writ of Action issued to Edmond du Pont. Both parties have 1-3 days to submit all hard evidence (paperwork, witnesses and other irrefutable facts) to myself in forum PM before that time. Discovery will be made available the evening before the trial date which will be issued shortly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. BillyTheScruffy

[​IMG]

Trial Date for du Pont v. Haaven for the 2nd of February at 10pm GMT
    All hard evidence must be submitted to me in pm before 10 est to be articled for Discovery. Any hard evidence submitted after that time will be inadmissible. This includes names of witnesses

@Eccetra @Fatherland

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. BillyTheScruffy

Trial verdict: Niantha Haaven not guilty of exceeding charter rights though guilty of negligence.

If players have intentions of becoming judges (justicars) in the lesser Court, please see this page.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Infinatum

Infinatum In Totum Ad Perpetuum

IGN: Infinatum
    IC Name: Otto Bergmann
    IC Age: 22
    IC Race: Ailor
    IC Legal Experience: Former Captain of the Coen Bluesteel Guard, and High Ranking Warden of the Coen Inquisition.
    To High Justicar Rodderick Howlester,
    I have served with your relative William before, in the old days of the Bluesteels and Inquisition. In both organizations, achieving high ranks due to his trust in me. I hope to in turn earn yours. I am committed to upholding our Empire's Sacred Laws, and do hereby seek to become a Justicar of the Lesser Court. Glory to the Empire, Otto Bergmann

15. BillyTheScruffy

[​IMG]

Original Post updated to reflect the changes with the Government Ministries. The Lesser Court now handles all cases between commoners and nobility alike that aren't deemed cases of Grand Treason or Heresy. All applications for Court positions must now be made to me directly in PM. Please ensure that your character has an education in Regalian Law before applying as it will greatly improve your chances of being accepted.​

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Reaganism

Reaganism 40th President of the United States

I, Adrienne of House d'Ortonnaise call the dishonorable Vulmar of House Ravenstad to Court over grievances most severe!
    @Tiber_
    - Trespassing, refusal to leave when ordered to and returning with un-uniformed house guards after initially leaving the private estate on demand

Preferred date is the 17th or 18th of February.

17. BillyTheScruffy

[​IMG]

Please submit any and all evidence to me in PM and I'll issue a writ of action for the case to proceed (subject to the weight of the evidence available). Witnesses constitute as evidence also. ​

• Generous Generous x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Eronoc

Eronoc Fantasy Horselord

I, Augustin of House Reinard, call the dishonorable Kaya of House Sorenvik to Court over grievances most severe!
    @AlphaInsomnia
    -
    Approaching the plaintiff in a violently drunken state, with perceived intent to harm, and doing such things as spitting on the plaintiff.
    - Verbally degrading his Imperial Holiness' person and intentions in the aforementioned drunken state.

The 1st of 2nd of March.

19. BillyTheScruffy

[​IMG]

Trial set for Saturday the 10th of March at 7 EST at the Bastion Courtroom. Both parties have until Friday at 7EST to submit all hard evidence (paperwork, witnesses and other irrefutable facts) to myself in forum PM. Evidence submitted after that time will be inadmissible.
    @Eronoc @AlphaInsomnia

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. BillyTheScruffy

Reminder for @AlphaInsomnia. Its very important that you submit the evidence at least a day minimum before the court case, otherwise you may not be able to utilise it as a defense when it comes to the trial

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. BillyTheScruffy

I am still abroad so this trial will have to wait a while yet as I don't have access to a computer

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Motherland

Motherland The forgotten ancient

d32bd348f81c731f4306f660ca4458e8.png
    I, Rowena Wyetta Lowenbrau call the dishonorable Amelina and Marie of House Peirgarten and Marvolo of House Ardelan, as well as Keres Victoria to Court over grievances most severe!
    @seoulmate @mochalattes @Yigit @Farryn @XPONCEFTWX

- (Attempted Murder):
    • Life attempt on Wyetta June 16th, by Marvolo Ardelan via the Black Mares members: Keres Victoria.
    - (Assault):
    • Marvolo Ardelan is accused of assault.
    • Kristoph Ardelan is accused of willing vampirism and assault.
    • Marvolo has stated that he was behind Hengest Harhold (@Jonificus)'s attempted assassination.
    • Both Amelina and Marvolo have stated that they wish to kill Hengest’s hounds.
    - (Wrongful Conviction):
    • The Peirgartens have falsely accused Wyetta of both threatening violence and harlotry. This slander will be counterclaimed.
    • They have also used word play to describe how they wanted to kill THE hounds, in reference to Hengest Harhold and the Harhold family.
    Preferred date for the trial: N/A

• Like x 1
    • Immersive x 1
    • Educated x 1
    • Cuddles! x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  23. BillyTheScruffy

Writ of Action issued against both Houses, though not against Keres Victoria, the latter is to be placed under immediate arrest for intense questioning by the Regalian Law Enforcement Charters as to whether the allegations are true.

A report is expected to be submitted in lieu of this questioning as evidence for the upcoming trial.

House Peirgarten and House Ardelan will represent themselves in court on the 7th of July at 10pm BST or be found guilty of all charges in absentia.

The accuser will also combine their case with that of Nikita Pyotrovich @Nitroflak against House Ardelan due to increasing amounts of submissions and reports about House Ardelan and their questionable repute.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. JokerLupus

JokerLupus <insert something here>

I, Joasaie Lloablen, wish to challenge the contradiction of the Regalian Marriage Law and Civil Status Law stated respectively below.

-Marriage is however only legal for races which are part of the First Civil Status.
    -Yanar are considered Protected Civil Status. Yanar may as such not marry with First Civil Status, but may marry each other.

Any date as long as it has no worry of ending after 8pm EST. (I leave for work after that time so I can't be late)

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. AlphaInsomnia

AlphaInsomnia Inexplicable Explicative

I, Kaya of House Sorenvik call the dishonorable Hengest of House Harhold to Court over grievances most severe!
    @Jonificus
    • Mass murder of Regalian citizens (men, women, and children) within Anglia.

Next Tuesday would be an awesome day for me, because I will be available any time before 7 pm EST.

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  26. BillyTheScruffy

How about Friday the 16th for both of you?

• Winner Winner x 1
  27. JokerLupus

JokerLupus <insert something here>

@BillyTheScroofy It should work if I'm not somehow called into work earlier than normal. Anything I should bring or write down for the court thing? First time doing anything like this.

28. AlphaInsomnia

AlphaInsomnia Inexplicable Explicative

Friday won't work for me unless it's later in the evening, likely around 10-11 pm EST which would be waaaay too late for Jonificus, I imagine.

@BillyTheScroofy

#28 AlphaInsomnia, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  29. TheyCalledMeKiko

TheyCalledMeKiko Your Favourite Moustached Godling

I, Abelhard of House Rote call the dishonorable Cypri of House de Letoirneau to Court over grievances most severe!
    @tag the person you are accusing: @Nathan
    - Misuse of Chapter Rights on multiple occasions.
    - Misuse of House Guard Rights
    - Assault
    - Attempted Murder
    - Corruption
    - Vigilantism

Provide a preferred date for the Trial: Anytime at the weekend after Friday 25th, as not to clash with the Offenbarung. Could even be done earlier this week, if need be.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    #29 TheyCalledMeKiko, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  30. BillyTheScruffy

Trial granted for the evening of the 26th of this Month. @TheyCalledMeKiko @Nathan Gather evidence and witnesses before the 25th and I'll submit the evidence to the other parties the night before the trial for discovery. Any documentary evidence not submitted through this manner will not be permitted in the trial.

• Winner Winner x 1
  31. BillyTheScruffy

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  32. Zombiel3ait

Zombiel3ait Wolf of the Veer

I, Logan of House Blackburn call the dishonorable Renarie of Brilonde and Louis of House Delmotte to Court over grievances most severe!
    @tag the person you are accusing: @bewitchings @Arhbi
    - Accusation (Wrongful Conviction):
    • Logan was accused of unspecific crime against nobility while being at the imperial palace and trespassing, while he was with his noble escort, wishing the escort good day and leaving only to be insulted by these two other nobles and then had a warrant out for him for crimes he did not commit.

- Assault (Regalian Common Law):
    • After the arrest which Logan came to willingly to sort out the misunderstanding, was beaten in a cell for no given reason repeatedly.
    - Regalian Common Law (To Hide One's Identity):
    • Neither member of Peerage accused made would name themselves when asked, nor would the arresting guards which refused verbally to name themselves.
    - Regalian Common Law (To deprive another Regalian citizen of their freedom):
    • An unlawful arrest and incarceration followed by a lack of reason or unwillingness to see the on had evidence Logan was coming to present to the Lord Commander of Greygate.
    - Regalian Common Law (To bear false witness or lie to an on duty law officer.):
    • The named peerage lied to the arresting Violets when they named Logan as violating noble Honneurs law, and of Logan's insults, as well as his lack of escort and in fact approached and instigated all actions as Logan was leaving, stopping him.
    - Regalian Insult Law (Offending the Right of Nobility):
    • The above named forcing the guest of another noble to leave and instigating insult and violating the rights of the noble which allowed Logan to be present.

Provide a preferred date for the Trial

Friday, April 19th.

• Powerful x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Immersive x 1
    • Cuddles! x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1