♞the Grey Company♞

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by FeralGayWalnut, Jul 17, 2020.

1. FeralGayWalnut

FeralGayWalnut Lesbian Worst Enemy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Motto:Für Calemberg, kämpfen wir.” | We fight for Calemberg
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Originally established in 198 AC by Niven Alarick Typhonus during the height of the succession crisis that occurred within Calemberg. As many others amongst the Calemberg populace were vying for the seat of it, as Lady Melissandre Cadar had no legitimate heirs, Niven took it upon himself, with his prominent position within local government, rallied numerous sellswords, for he was one, to his banner. He and his group intended to seize the City of Calemberg, the capital of the Archduchy at that time. And somehow, despite all of the odds against him with unclear numbers of just how many they would be facing, Niven and his men stormed the city and occupied the city with very little resistance. Petitioning Emperor Handorien himself, Niven was granted formal control over the City of Calemberg and the surrounding province, as well as the title “Count of Calemberg,” officially entering the House Typhonus into the ranks of the aristocracy. To ensure that those who had assisted his family into its place amongst the nobility would never be forgotten, Niven established the Grey Company via Calemberg law to be the House Guard and personal retinue of the family head as long as House Typhonus stood.

In the present, the Company has traded hands various times amongst the members of House Typhonus. Many have held the position of Grand Commander of the Grey Company, but at present,such a title falls to Madame Josephine Typhonus, the eldest daughter of Thoron and Elena Typhonus. A member of the School of Huntverk, Madame Josephine is much like the other members of her School, like a mountain: standing tall, proud, and often alone. However, alone she is no longer as she has taken up this mantle since coming to Regalia.

As for the role The Grey Company plays in day-to-day activity. They are responsible for protecting House Typhonus, and also are led on contracts from the state and other houses to fend off whatever requested of them. To say the least, the company never falls short in things to do. Daily training is put in place, formations, events, and otherwise come to the planning that goes on behind the curtains. Now, The Grey Company is seated with lodging within one of the spires in the Typhonburg estate, ample training room, and a direct connection to House Typhonus.

[​IMG]
    Be strong. Be quick. Be loyal.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grand Commander:
    The Head of the Grey Company. All orders come from them or are passed to them by the other members of House Typhonus. This position is always held by a member of the house. At present, it falls to Madame Josephine Typhonus, a member of the School of Huntverk. She is a well-known huntress and known to never shy from a good hunt.
    Held by Josephine Typhonus @Walnoodle

Captain:
    The Rank of Captain. This is the second in command and often seen as the right hand of the Grand Commander. When the Grand Commander is away, the captain is in charge and ensures that drills and spars go smoothly.
    At present, there is no captain.

The Grey Eagles:
    The Soldiers and the Grey Company proper. These are the men and women who have pledged themselves to the House Typhonus Banner.

[​IMG]
    -The right to carry arms when in uniform and in service to the House Typhonus.
    - The right to wear half-plate when in uniform and in service to the House Typhonus (with the exception of within the Imperial Palace).
    - The right to carry non-military grade weapons when either on guard duty for the house or performing their duties on a contract.
    - The right to defend members of the House Typhonus with the force necessary to ensure their protection.
    - The right to take up contracts issued by the state, or otherwise for reward within the laws of Regalia.
    - The right to detain individuals attempting to bring harm to members of the House Typhonus.
    - The right to pursue, and detain/slaughter criminals on a contract-to-contract basis, issued by the state.

[​IMG]

Below you will find the application for the Grey Company. All are welcome to play, both old and new players alike. OOC conduct will be considered and if/when you are accepted, you will be invited to the Typhonus House discord. There is also the option to become a mercenary under House Typhonus as well, though this is not required to be a member of the Grey Company.

OOC Name:
    Character Name:
    Character Race: (Kather need not apply.)
    Character Weapon of Choice/Proficiencies:

Any Server Punishments? Y/N.;
    Discord:
    Letter to Grand Commander Josephine Typhonus:
    @Walnoodle

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  2. FeralGayWalnut

3. ArtisticPlanet

ArtisticPlanet Sigrid Sterke-enn

OOC Name: ArtisticPlanet
    Character Name: Florencia Mendoza Castillo Montoya De La Rosa Aiza Iglesias Ortega
    Character Race: (Kather need not apply.)
    Character Weapon of Choice/Proficiencies:
    15 thin blades - 5 Unarmed - 5 Athletics
    Any Server Punishments? Y/N.; None!
    Discord: You have it!

To the Grand Commander,

I am once again requesting to be accepted as a guard for house Typhonus. I left without notice and I deeply apologize for it, my family was having issues along with the clicker pandemic. If you are willing to accept me into your ranks I would be grateful for the opportunity.

Best Regards

[​IMG]
    @Walnoodle

4. FeralGayWalnut

Accepted! I'll toss you an invite to the discord shortly.

5. Revanchisme

Revanchisme

OOC Name: Revanchisme
    Character Name: Johanna von Wolfsburg
    Character Race: Ailor
    Character Weapon of Choice/Proficiencies: Griffer Blade (Proficiencies on sheet)
    Any Server Punishments? Y/N: N/A
    Discord: Revanchisme#8843

Lady Typhonus,

As I understand it word has already reached your ears, perhaps from multiple sources, of my arrival in the city and interest in aiding your family in their endeavours. I hope that word from me directly will be enough to inspire a sit down between the two of us to discuss this further.

Yours in service,
    Johanna von Wolfsburg
    Order of Griffers

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  6. FeralGayWalnut

Accepted! I'll toss you a link to the discord.