☩ An Announcement From The Secretary Of Law ☩

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by BillyTheScruffy, Jul 30, 2017.

1. BillyTheScruffy

BillyTheScruffy Massive's Resident Law Enthusiast

[​IMG]

To the many citizens of the Regalian Empire, notably that of Duke Albaer Ravenstad,
    It pains me to have to educate a man of noble peerage of matters related to Law, then again history comes to show us that pride often commeth before the fall, so I will grant the answers you seek and perhaps even teach you something or two relating to Regalian Court Martials.

On the matter of Nathaniel Bigge:

It should be noted that while a Court Martial was announced by the late Undercrown Charles Montagaard, no further proceedings such as the designation of Lieutenant Generals or date of a trial were ever announced. It need not come as a surprise to those whom have read Duke Ravenstad's letter but it seems our good Duke is either very mistaken or quite ignorant to how Court Martial's are performed and called into effect. It is common knowledge that the Landesgericht Inspector is appointed automatically as one of three judges over the accused, the other two judges are then appointed by the Undercrown or his Imperial Holiness. A trial was indeed announced by the Undercrown but no two Lieutenant Generals were ever approached to sit as the two other mandatory judges. Unless the Good Duke would have liked me to usurp the power of the Crown to have held the trial myself, it just could not have occurred legally. However during my time as Landesgericht Inspector, I was ordered to conduct a Court Martial over the matter relating to Jannik Sinclair, a member of my then political party, whom was pronounced guilty and sentenced to a lifetime bar on positions of authority, five years of labour and criminal punishment. Food for thought, perhaps. I pray that Landesgericht Inspector Typhonus has indeed followed proper protocol in announcing this new Court Martial just as I did with Jannik Sinclair. I am very much interested in hearing which other two Lieutenant Generals were assigned to this trial by his Imperial Holiness as no official announcement as to whom have yet been made. Finally, Bigge's incompetence during his time as Lieutenant-Admiral is well documented and a Court Martial well overdue that I can concur with but if the Duke Ravenstad can call my request that he and his in-law, Lady Vivienne Ravenstad not equate themselves to the Crown in the matter of judging Nathaniel Bigge unlawful or unjust, perhaps some introspection is well overdue.

On the matter of Law:

It would likely come as a shock to the Duke that the Inquisition has not issued a single arrest warrant nor has arrested any individual within the twenty four hours it has been in effect. The Ivory Wardens that have been patrolling the streets have spread the word of Union, guided the citizenry to the cathedrals to pray and have assisted in keeping the Great Way moving forward. I fail to see how the Inquisition has found itself dealing in Common Law given it has yet to find itself a base of operations within the capital or has seized any individual from the streets on charges of heresy, or for any criminal matter as the Duke would like us to believe. Furthermore, my and that of the Order of the Ivory Warden’s motives are that of the Sanchella and the Supreme Reverend. If you find my actions as Supreme Commander of the White Order to be in question, you in turn question the above’s motives as well. The simple truth of the fact is that the Inquisition is still not fully yet invested. If you are this pre-preemptively worried about the powers and abilities of the organisation, I am left to wonder if you have something to hide, Duke Ravenstad.

On a matter relating to the Duke himself:

I fear that the Duke still has much to learn since he came to the capital. I request that he is forgiven for his lack of insight or knowledge, and that we Unionists help guide the Duke back to his former standing. I offer my own copy of the Regalian State and Canon Law hardback to the Duke and request that all others assist in teaching Duke Ravenstad proper Regalian custom and protocol as it seems he has lost his way, fearful of demons lurking in the shadows in some cloak and dagger conspiracy. The Ivory Wardens are devout in their faith, serving to see the capital remain holy, all dedicating their lives to preserving the divinity of the Spirit and the path of righteousness. To insult their ability is to insult the Sanchella of Union, a dreadful and distasteful comment for someone of devout Unionist belief. We will pray for you Duke Ravenstad, and hope that the Spirit guides you back on the right path.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    @AntonVoron

• Winner Winner x 25
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1