• Crate Key Exchange! •

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by Annju, May 15, 2018.

1. Annju

Annju The True Queen of Nerds

twisted-tree-divider-purple-hi.png

Hi I'm Ann and I have an idea.
    With the new implementation of the Crate Keys, everyone has been encouraged to vote for that one glorious roulette key... But with the current percentages for the probability of getting anything other than a Peasant Crate Key.

The decorative and multipurpose items are great every so often, though I think quite a few people are willing to sell their soul for that Emperor Crate Key...

So! The ability to trade in one key for another would be real neat. ​

Say after accumulating 5 Peasant Crate keys, you can upgrade it to a Citizen Crate key. Increments aren't my forte really, especially with the value of items from certain crates varying, but they could resemble this:

- For every 5 Peasant Crate Keys you have, you can redeem them for a Citizen Crate Key
    - For every 10 Peasant Crate Keys you have, you can redeem them for a Builder Crate Key
    - For every 15 Peasant Crate Keys you have, you can redeem them for a Scholar Crate Key
    - For every 20 Peasant Crate Keys you have, you can redeem them for a Marshall Crate Key
    - For every 25 Peasant Crate Keys you have, you can redeem them for a Emperor Crate Key​

While this may deter some income to the server every once and a while with people not having to purchase a certain key after enough Peasant Crate keys are accumulated, it would still be rewarding to dutiful voters who may miss a rare key drop or simply cannot afford to purchase one every now and then too!

The market price of Peasant Crate Keys too will increase a smidge, with people wanting to collect as many as they can as quickly as they can, which may benefit Trade Chat and general server economy. As well as, of course, super encouraging voting!

Anyway yeah, that's the idea.
    @Narrju and @Percuriam pushed me to do this.
    I'm done now. :>

• Winner Winner x 4
  2. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

I like the idea a lot. Tagging @Tokuu and @Sephite so they can see too

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

it's a good thing that stuff like the Marshall key is behind a paywall

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SorryNari

SorryNari Local Werewolf Supremium

With this idea, at least I can use my peasant crate keys instead of discarding them. No one wants to buy or use them since the items aren't that great. It will be nice to use them for something greater.

5. Tokuu

Tokuu Dvorin Onyxbeard, Belegostian Elder

No. You use the key you're given, instead of hoarding them for something better. The whole point of it is that everything is a chance, not that you can just gather the best things by playing and being online a bunch. Everyone has that same chance to get the same items.

Redeeming is a no from me, I'm sorry. You're meant to use them to have the chance to get something decent, even from the lowest tier of key, that's where the fun comes from. Hoarding them and exchanging them just completely mitigates that entire point of them, and for me is just another way to sit there and hoard the high tier things, effectively decimating their value.

6. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

big agree
    hoard bad

7. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

It's not really possible from a management perspective. Besides this, hoarding keys is not recommended. Our crates change frequently and keys will become unusable at that point. Keys no longer valid for any crates will not be refunded in any way.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

This could be very easily abused by people with lots of alts, not saying it will, but it's by no means impossible. A lot of players, such as CrazeCow and Sir_Daragon could easily leave their alts online and accumulate tons of peasant crate keys, redeem them for the top tier crate keys and crash the market in which those items exist in.

We must keep a healthy balance and trading Peasant crate keys for a Marshal crate key will just lead to absolute chaos and possible abuse

• Constructive Constructive x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Annju

Annju The True Queen of Nerds

Out of curiosity, and if you are able to elaborate, what is it that would make the idea difficult from the management perspective?

Heeeeck, that's right. Good point, though... I'm, fairly certain this is already happening. But yes, with the implementation of trade ins, I can see how this would flood the system in the blink of an eye.

10. SorryNari

SorryNari Local Werewolf Supremium

You might think it's fun, others might not agree including me. Nothing fun in having a key that gives you mundane items and then you end up just discarding it later. you say that there's a chance to get something decent, even from the lowest tier of keys, but peasant keys aren't spectacular, and you just get common items

However I agree with this point. Abuse would/will be a problem