Protect Us Oh Spirit - The Last Siege Of Montfort

Discussion in 'Faction Announcements' started by Ellimairy, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Ellimairy

Ellimairy Sophia Du Polignac

CountyofMontfort1.png
    Bert Improved - kopie.png

Moving through the building sites of the upper district of the city of Montfort, the council of Montfort made their rounds whilst being flanked by several guards. The county had seen bloodshed and fighting in the past few days, as Raptum, a settlement far away, had decided to launch an attack against the rich settlement. However, this had not stopped progress. Building continued and on this part of town no expenses were spared, as it would host the most wealthy of the nation.

As the council halted near the church, the bells of the castle alerted the council of the incomming raid, as the guards quickly formed a protective circle around the church entrance. Clearly, the spotters of the castle had seen the flanking party of the enemy forces to late, because as soon as the church door opened, several enemy soldiers appeared in the courtyard.

The council fled inside, as the guards outside of the church died defending the retreat of the council. Without thought, the group moved towards the crypt, taking shelter in this hidden room of the church.

It would take hours, before guards and allied forced found the council members, leading them out of the church whilst under heavy protection.

As soon as Sophia de Letoirneau exited the church, the blood and bodies, piled up on the plaza in front of the church confronted her. Although she had seen this before, the bodies of innocent civilians, laying in puddles of their own blood hurted her more.

Realizing there was no way to fight this, with the loss of slaves, citizens and guards rising, the Ithanian had ordered to hang a white flag above the church entrance, securing it on two large poles in the square in front of it, acting like a canopy.

And there she seated herself, prim and proper with her hair towering high above her head in a beehive shape, behind an immaculate Ithanian crafted desk and two chairs. The chair she had seated herself on was a chair with grandeur, the other chair across fom the desk, was clearly smaller but still a piece of fine craftsmanship.

It would take two days for another raid, as she moved through the city, quickly taking her position behind her desk and waiting for the enemy to arrive. The rest of the council had locked themselves up in the Castle, ensuring that the fight would not be won by the loss of all the council members.

As enemy soldiers spotted the Ithanian, sitting under the white flag, it took a while before a high ranking official of the army placed himself in front of her, in full armour.

"I see you leave me no choice, with your tactics of hurting innocent civilians, I cannot hold this position anymore. On behalf of the Council of Montfort, I surrender to your continues attack and am willing to start negotiations."

The man on the other side of the table laughed, finally removing his helmet.

"I told you when we started, they all agree to surrender."

He spoke, placing his helmet on the table as the two started to discuss the terms of surrender and drafted up a document. When he was happy with what he received, he raised himself up, yelled a few orders and the soldiers all formed up, ready to depart. Yet before he joined them, he looked straight at Sophia.

"It's still a pity I did not get to add your council to my head collection."

He spoke after grinning, placing his helmet on his head and returning to his men.

One of their supply carts was unloaded and a chest, most likely filled with valuable artefacts was placed inside of it.

The council knew that their allies would have defended them, protected them and even would be willing to retaliate against the enemy, but the loss of life and economic downside of the constant attacks, it was the only smart decision.
    As the day settled into the night, Sophia finally moved away from the desk that had been set up in front of the church, as she slowly moved towards her wing in the castle. She took in the sounds of the city and of those the council swore to protect and care for. As she finally arrived, the Ithanian lowered herself on a chaise longue, muttering to herself in Ithanian.

"May this be the last time I let our people down."

sophia6.png

Montfort14.png

[OOC NOTES]
    Max tribute has been paid to Raptum to stop the raids of Montfort.

• Powerful Powerful x 7
    • Immersive Immersive x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. FubeTheMangler

FubeTheMangler Founder of Raptum

3. morrc5

morrc5 mmmmmmmmm

lmao.jpeg

• Educated Educated x 1
  4. Violettee

Violettee Not Registered

Thank you for contributing to this week's Raptum Story Time

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  5. Chappers

Chappers Refugee

As I said, they always surrender.

6. MyCatBubbles

MyCatBubbles Massivecrafts Schizo

A steady, velvety gloved hand pressed down on the drips of red wax that sealed a letter with an ornate cross of their god. The letter was handed off to a horseman, their black steed was sure to ride them through the night and have the letter delivered the following morning to Montfort.

The sounds of a chair creaking back as the figure relaxed into his seat broke through the room. A crackling fireplace and a fluttering, tattered banner of blue and gold whispered back.

If the letter was opened, it would be unsigned, but addressed directly to Sophia, saying:

“I can’t be crude and say ’What goes around comes back around’. But what I could say is what happened to the people I once called my own.

When iron gates were opened by your spies, soldiers under the watchful eye of your Spirit had free pickings of our unarmed, and unarmored citizenry. You may have had little say over what happened long ago in Hadar, and you may have forgotten it altogether. However we’ve never forgotten, and you... you have had a lot of say over what happened tonight, you've truly fallen from grace. What I’ve felt then is what you’re feeling now-- amplified tenfold.

Essalonia is nothing like Hadar, those jungles were a land of those who lead with an iron fist, the strong, the misguided. Here, this land is one for the free yet stalwart, humbled yet determined. This is not a land for the antiquated ideas of your homeland across the pond.

If you would like an olive branch extended, my Allar kin in Lyrah and myself have got it ready for you and your people whenever. Your people, and slaves are deserving of liberty, freedom, to be unharmed and unscathed. Chet wills it after all.

Welcome to Essalonia”

• Like Like x 2
    • Immersive Immersive x 2
    #6 MyCatBubbles, Feb 18, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  7. 5headgang

5headgang

Stupid rp factions smh