The Commoner's Assembly

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by ZiggyStarDusted, Feb 12, 2021.

1. ZiggyStarDusted

ZiggyStarDusted *lute music stops*

The Regalian Commoner’s Assembly
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ambience

[​IMG]

As of the start of February the 12th, 309 AC. A new Bancroft chancellery approved commoner’s assembly has been officially established and will be occurring upon a bi-weekly basis, chaired by advisor Lupenzi and other pop-in state representatives.
    What is the ‘Commoner’s Assembly?’
    Anyone who resides within the city is able to make their proposals, state their problems and solutions upon next to any topic orienting around Regalia, all done to a board of state representatives within a formal guarded setting, with the likelihood for these be taken into consideration by the lord chancellor or other relevant ministers. This could be on any matter. but naturally, proposal makers should use common sense for a higher chance of acceptance for review. If you have a mad request you ought to hope your argumentation is well-prepared, or that with a recent negative criminal record that your chances of swaying the assembly hosts may be hindered significantly.

Who is who?:
    Speakers - These are the proposal makers. They will be clearly notified when they can make way to the proposal making podium to begin. This is on a first come first serve basis.
    Backers - These are the supporters of a given proposal, they may either be apart of an arranged group with the speaker, or any in the audience who are spectating. To voice this support they will be able to move into the ‘proposal supporters’ seating area.
    Opposers - If in the case of any spectators finding qualms with a certain proposal, the chairman will provide an opportunity for them to voice themselves and come down to the respective ‘opposition’ podium.
    Spectators - Any commoners, nobles, etc, who aren’t actively partaking in a proposal/ opposition.
    Government Representatives - Any present members of the government hearing out the proposals and debates and aiding the chairman’s judgement in which to take forth. EG: The alms minister, lord commander, etc.

The Structure of the assembly:
    Pre-Assembly - Commoners are welcome to arrive prior to the assembly proper, wishful speakers are encouraged to begin campaigning for their proposals amongst their fellow citizens here, to rile up some potential supporters in a more casual setting.
    Representative arrival and announcements- For a period, the chairman and reps will arrive to settle in, overhear the ongoing pre-assembly proposal lobbying and debating discussion etc, before simmering into formality. It is here any relevant announcements will be made, and the assembly begins.
    The proposals - Where speakers and their backers are invited downstairs from the spectating area to begin formally proposing their ideas to hopefully be taken into consideration.
    Post-Assembly - After give or take two hours of attempting to hear out as many proposals as possible, (Unfortunately if there are too many some may occasionally need be pushed back to the next assembly.) the assembly officially will be closed off, with representatives exiting as they see fit. The assembly hall will be left open for further discussion amongst those still present as they see fit but will see no formal moderation.

[​IMG]

What comes next?
    Near to a week after each meeting, after all these submitted proposals have been assessed, a decree will be published and distributed to the public detailing which of said proposals taken into consideration at the assembly have been approved, denied, or approved upon some form of a stipulation, with reasons for these decisions stated accordingly.

[​IMG]
    TL;DR:
    • Every second weekend, at the assembly hall, beside /tp Government, a commoner’s assembly will be held. (Exact times and dates will be published upon this thread, discord, etc.)
    • Proposals and arguments are heard and noted by chairman Lupenzi and other government reps, with the likelihood of being taken forward to be considered by the respective authorities.
    • A decree will be published on the forums made up of accepted and denied proposals, with their reasonings as soon as possible after assemblies. (I'm going to try to have them done and published around a week after each assembly.)
    • Nobility is welcome to attend like anyone else, but there won't be any special treatment. They /may/ make proposals, but commoners will always take priority as speakers.
    • Feel free to contact me if you've any questions that are not answered in the below FAQ. Or simply approach Lazarus in character and via letter. He won't bite.

• Winner Winner x 14
    #1 ZiggyStarDusted, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  2. ZiggyStarDusted

FAQ:

Can speakers propose laws or changes to them?:

Yes. Anything and everything can in theory be proposed, so long as it is in relation to the city of Regalia.

Is my proposal guaranteed to work if taken into consideration at an assembly?:
    No. Advisor Lupenzi is inherently just a middle-man to take across these proposals to the right people and to implore them towards acceptance. Nothing is guaranteed.

How many proposals can I make per assembly?:
    One. We want to get through as many speakers as possible within the two hour proposal period.

I'm a backer of a proposal, when may I chip in?

If and when the speaker of a proposal requests your help, in which case you'd step up to the podium to do so for the duration of what you have to say. State reps may also call for you to speak up on /why/ you are a backer/ opposer to a proposal from time to time.

My proposal is a lengthy one, will I have time to go through all of it?
    My advice is that if you have a lot to say, you ought to try to effectively condense it prior to the assembly. If a speaker goes on too long they will be halted by the state reps to give enough room for opposers to raise their points and for further proposals.

I'm a proposal maker, how should I speak in chat?
    Please use announce emotes (=)/ or speak with (@), this is for the clarity that every spectator and state rep hears you out loud and clear. Non-proposal makers should use regular emotes or LP: chat.

#2 ZiggyStarDusted, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  3. ZiggyStarDusted

[​IMG]
    T
    he first assembly is set to kick off tomorrow, Saturday the 13th of February.

Current Expected government reps for the event are:

Chancellory Advisor Lupenzi
    Lord Commander Sorenvik
    and
    Alms Minister Sorenvik.

When?: 5 PM EST / 10 PM GMT at the assembly hall near to /tp government.
    Wishful proposal makers and spectators are welcome to arrive half an hour or so prior to the assembly proper, to begin lobbying for their ideas amongst the other common folk.

To keep track of assembly times, it might be wise to enable notifications from this thread.

4. ZiggyStarDusted

#4 ZiggyStarDusted, Feb 15, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  5. ZiggyStarDusted

[​IMG]
    Above, a recent special chancellery QnA and debate assembly, featuring various of those running for the Lord Chancellor position...

The next standard Commoner's Assembly returns this Friday the 26th at 10 GMT/ 5 pm EST.. Start getting those proposals ready!

Addendum:
    P
    arties that refuse to exit the podium at the requests and warning of chairman Lupenzi and other state reps will be removed moving forward and blocked from providing their proposals until the assembly after next. Aggression is not appreciated.​

• Like Like x 1
  6. ZiggyStarDusted

• Winner Winner x 1