Sub Race Gameplay.

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by TechPac, Jul 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechPac

TechPac I am prettiest Princess!

The lore books talk of several sub race categories But wouldnt it be nice if there was a pluggin that allowed certain sub-races certain abilities? Here are a few ideas.
    Vespids
    Cora (the crab like vespid)
    -ability to breathe underwater
    -Affinity underwater as well.

Arachni (spider vespid)
    -night vision
    -stronger when not in the sun (not too much stronger of course)

Yanar (this feels needed)
    -defense for all races down.

Epillo (more plant related)

-Thorns enchant on body (if possible)
    -weaker defense (especially to fire)

Fairies
    -Healing ability with roses only goes to this sub race.
    -Hitting a plant bare handed has same effect as bonemeal (if possible)

Slayar (slime/algae race)
    -night vision (they are said to live under ground)
    -Ability to breathe underwater (they thrive on moisture, and like moss thrives easily under water)

Agni (not alot of ideas yet)
    Phramti (demon worshippers)
    -Fire touch (brought back but toned WAAAAAAAY down, make the odds slim like non intent vampire infection
    -inability to speak (these beings are feral creatures, they should not be understood by any other race except other agni)

(will add more later if this idea gets better feed back, please feel free to add ideas of your own as well ^^)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Joseph Marini

Joseph Marini Just that cool explorer tin77

Inability to speak? What the hell?

3. TechPac

lol they can speak its just not legible to non agni, due to the fact they conceal themselves in the depths of gana isha, sides, if fire touch would still be considered OP, that would be one hell of a countering weakness for it. You can burn people alive, just not talk to them.

4. Llefty_

Llefty_ Refugee

The inability to speak is a bit ridiculous, as I don't believe there are any lingual differences stated in the lore between the creatures of Aloria. Also, Fire Touch is overpowered unless there is a 5% or less chance it will be activated. Plus, the bonemeal-fingers would be really overpowered unless it worked like an MCMMO skill.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Melford

Melford Spider Queen

The idea is very appealing to me and it would be very nice for RP, but I see some problems:

(1) The abilities of the main race should stand out and that's why the sub abilities need to be less powerful. As an example:

Vespid - (main abilities): damage increases with 3% for every vespid​
    Arachni: spiders won't attack and/or cobweb won't slow down​
    Cora: increased underwater breathing and/or improved underwater vision​
    Vispi: increased movement (flying would be OP)​
    Cinti: increased night vision​

Every "increased" ability mustn't be as good as their main ability equivalent:​

Vampire night vision: brightens everything to a light level of 15 visually (don't know if it's true - doesn't matter anyway)​
    Cinti night vision: brightens everything to a light level of 10 visually​

That means we need to find small abilities for 33 sub races (3 for each main race).​

(2) New players could easily be overwhelmed by all those races and subraces.
    Even now (with only 11 races) players don't know which one they should choose and ask constantly in help chat. With 3 sub races for each main race it would become even worse!​

6. iBeSlurping

iBeSlurping uwu

Inability to speak? Now what? In-Game Blindness? Or In-Game illness?

7. Overlordqwerty

Overlordqwerty Traveler

You actually can get a blindness potion effect in game. And the speak could be set for local chat only.

8. Parz1vol

Parz1vol Chicken

Cinti should have a sneak speed bonus greater than their walking, because the cinti lay down when walking (for full use of their legs) and stand much taller when still. My cinti rp Kazaaakell is 7 feet tall when still, and 1 foot when Im moving. (Averaging his length at 20 feet, he only pulls part of his upper body up, but still a lot of it.)

• Like Like x 1
  9. iBeSlurping

iBeSlurping uwu

I know there's Blindness effect but they are not from potion.
    And what if you get All of them? And then get a Slowness V Effect? You mostly can't do anything!

10. BulbousDevourer

BulbousDevourer Refugee

I don't like this idea. There's enough races as there is, and soon new ones will be added. There would be too many races and sub-races to choose from and new players would be overwhelmed.

11. Cruallassar

Cruallassar The shadow of power

I agree with the idea in theory, if not in specifics. Other races should also have subrace abilities, Elves, dwarves, etc. except humans, they have vampirism and no specific types/affiliations. I have many ideas on this, but I will not post them until one: I have more time, and two: this gets approved for or against.

12. TechPac

I already stated that fire touch would have to be toned down for it not to be OP although I am not sure how making a bonemeal effect on unarmed would be OP...its really just limited to making a tree grow or spawning a bunch of flowers.
    But I can see your point to the speaking thing. That was more to counter the case of people wanting it only for the PvP benefits, so they couldnt properly use local chat due to their race, and honestly I got that idea from admin who stated back when races were first being planned that different race languages were a plan (they decided not to go with it obviously)

13. Llefty_

Llefty_ Refugee

I doubt they could adjust that "bonemeal fingers" buff to only work on saplings or grass. Even that'd be OP, because Yanar can heal others using roses.

14. TechPac

OP means over powered...im not saying they tune it down to only growing grass...im asking how is it over powered. Dont say its OP then not sight an example as how its over powered, because as far as I can see its no way OP, now im not saying that it isnt, im saying i dont see how it is, if you do see it, i would gladly like to know what it is.

15. Llefty_

Llefty_ Refugee

I know perfectly well that OP means overpowered, and to me the bonemeal fingers idea is very overpowered. If Yanar had an ability where they could right-click to grow saplings, crops, or flowers on grass, well...

1) they'd have an infinite source of roses to be used for healing
    2) quick source of wood without bonemeal
    3) infinite carrots, wheat, potatoes, etc.

16. Beowwulf

Beowwulf Beowwulf/Intelligent wolf. Lizard makes sense.

Soo they have food wood and roses. I'm sorry but that just doesn't sound horrible to me. I certainly wouldn't mind.

17. TechPac

Ok...but most of these items...well all of them are really things that everyone can easily obtain as an infinite foods source..and bonemeal is so easy to obtain anyway. This isnt like a pvp bonus or anything like that. And they are an INCREDIBLY weak race as it is, is it really so wrong to give them a few extra perks that really make sense? Its not like giving dwarves a mining bonus to their raised axe levels as well, its giving a weak race that not alot of people use (sadly :c) some new abilities.

• Like Like x 2
  18. 55zimfam55

55zimfam55 With this tongue I shall rule all! ahahaha!!!

This idea is amazing here are some suggestions I have to make

Maiar

Reef Maiar: loses hunger insanely quick while on land but whereever it settles it makes the sea prosper (squids underwater sugarcane for seaweed etc.)

Predator Maiar: Only eats meat but removes the wetness idea currently implemented

Shepherd Maiar: Insane speed underwater like 20 or 15 blocks per second but has slowness on land

Just ideas feel free to change any ideas i have.

19. Magivore

Magivore No Rest For The Wicked

Us lonely Naga perhaps should gain/lose abilities, too.

Argons; perhaps a very simple 5% damage bonus? After all, they are supposedly very tall, very strong, and very violent.

Todir; Aqua Affinity I, Respiration I? They are basically toads, after all...

Slither; Poison skin, 1% chance of accurance of this? That way the Naga still have their power in some form, just is doesn't become overpowered.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ridgee

Ridgee P.I.

These sound good but no. They will be abused, theres no doubt.

21. Kellock93

Kellock93 Fulltime Architect

55zimfam55

Reef Maiar: Maiar already loose food extremly fast on Land if you speed that up even more they can´t be played, but i like the Idea of making the sea prosper. Could be really hard to code though.

Predator Maiar: That would be too Op because it is really easy to get Meat after all.

Shepherd Maiar: Sounds possible, but how do you explain it ? And what is the use of an even faster Maiar anyway ? It would just lag because the Chunks take too long to load and you will have a lot trouble if you want to build etc.

22. TechPac

How do you figure?

23. The Golem

The Golem chiken nugge

Tech you have the old yanar lore, it should be more like this
    Plant yanar: More fire damage and double percent chance of double crop drops and 50% more chance for green thumb
    Faeries: The healing you mentioned
    Poison Yanar: Dark magic (Hit someone with 4 dead shrubs to deal 3 damage)
    Root Yanar: Cave vision and chance to get double mushrooms or what the plant yanar have
    Winter Yanar: Slower freezing or feezing affinity (I heard cayorion would make a freezing plugin) and more fire damage, maybe chance of double spruce wood

I also like 55zimfam55 idea about the maiar, except maybe the reef maiar have to wait a few minutes before the sugar cane would grow, or it would be over used, maybe even the reef maiar has to be near it or it will deteriorate.

Also maiar have creative flight, whats faster than creative flight?

24. 55zimfam55

DRTMchunCHUN You could up the blocks per second And yeah the sea would slowly gain sugarcane and other things
    and Kellock93 Just ideas maybe loses hunger faster as predator but eats ink sacs :/ Idk

25. TiroTypo

TiroTypo Tiro David Enge

I like you ideas though some need some working on. And to make it even better sub races should be prem only so new players wont have to worry about it and its more motivation to donate to the server.

26. Cruallassar

I strongly disagree. Why should new players be denied it, and there really needs to be more motivation? Really?

27. Laach

Laach I'm not wearing a scouter.

I think Maiars are good for now. Maybe being able to drink water would help but that's the only thing I want.

28. Tubbytundra

Tubbytundra Kommandant

Humans really need sub-races...

29. 55zimfam55

Kirby12352 I kinda agree but it could be so you "earn" the subraces if you like the race but want a minor tweak by playing enough hours with one race.

30. TiroTypo

TiroTypo Tiro David Enge

Well there have been comments that picking races is difficult as it is for new players. Also seeing as they give so many bonuses I think they sound be premium only. Whats wrong with having the people who support the server get better game play?

31. favoured

favoured Pink Fluffy Unicorn

If premiums didn't already have over 20 benefits, I would agree with you Tiro. However, premiums do have over 20 benefits that nonpremium's don't. At this point I don't think that we need to give players any more motivation to donate when we're already offering diamond armor, keeping items, backpacks, horse armor, and cannons to name a few benefits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  32. Cruallassar

They already do, for one, and for two, they don't give bonuses. They give different options, all balanced hopefully. No race is better then another, and every race should be available. Besides, I didn't have any trouble picking my race. Remember, these are not races, these are subraces within races. They get the basic traits, but something else. And every race has them, so they are balanced.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.