Addressing Common Evils

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Annie_Short, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Annie_Short

Annie_Short that short girl Supremium

【━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━⤱━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━】

[​IMG]

Firstly, I want to thank those who willingly cooperated and helped me in my effort in the disappearance of one of the respected men in my community, Jarlaf Hafrfjellenfjord. There is no way I can repay you which would seem fit in my eyes and I am truly grateful to have people like you in my life.

In regards to this, I am wishing to condemn the suspected kidnapper(s) of my kin and wish to tell them a few things which have crossed my mind in these few days. Wickedness is never excused, you realize the suffering that has been brought into Regalia of recent is from your own hands? You burn down one of the many districts in Regalia asking us to see your differences and prove a point. In response, you hide within the sewers and don’t take charge of your actions, and cause the loss of many homes of less fortunate people to save your own tail. People like you are disgusting and do not deserve the respect you are given. People need to see you for what you are, a group of malicious people who only care about the people who convert to your skewed ways. I thought you wished to bring yourself to be treated equally but instead, you wish to take over and raise your own kin above anyone else. I applaud your passion but I am brought to be disappointed in the way you carried out this message. I have to ask why you have kidnapped an innocent man who you targeted on multiple occasions to attack with no vendetta and wish to use him as an object and not a person? Why are you working against the future you wish to achieve?

I will not rant any further on your unnerving ways and will rather speak to those I want to address personally. Mirabella of the Scion and Ice Lich Anya, though I am still not certain if you both were involved, I wanted to still exchange a few words. I wanted to thank you Mirabella for the letter you wrote which raised my suspicions upon you. Though you have not contacted me personally Anya, I have had a few who described and also named you being seen with Jarlaf himself. I am tired of these childish games you are playing with serious matters and I would like to keep this civil. If you wish, we can discuss an exchange in order for Jarlaf to be returned to us.

If this is not possible I now address a new group or groups. I know there are many of you who wish to see the suffering of Mirabella and her kin due to her involvement in many painful events that we as a community still grief today. I call upon all of you, I do not care who you are or your goals but I know we all have a common enemy. It is time to put aside differences for a moment and join forces to take down said enemy, to finally make them regret the pain they have caused our people of Regalia and Crookback. I cannot physically show my support besides the words but an anonymous letter can be delivered to me in order to discuss this further. I will now leave fate into your hands; you can act together or act alone. Regardless, I applaud any effort you will put into taking down this evil that festers in the sewers and dares to attack my kin as well as others.

May Justice Find You and Best Wishes,

[​IMG]

• Powerful Powerful x 28
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
  2. Annie_Short

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Alaric Keen, after being handed the address, gave it a thorough read. He specifically paid attention to the last paragraph before sending a filled parchment to be pinned underneath.

--

Lady Tuija Viduggla,

The Ivory Company stands with you and we pledge our public support in taking down these vile cretins that have mutilated both your life and our own. Time will be a close friend in these endeavors.

Safe Regards,
    Alaric Keen

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 4
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
  4. Acosmism

Acosmism Sugar Parental Unit

The Sanguine lofted a brow at the notice which rested upon the top of her desk, leaning over it was an exasperated sigh. However, there was an underlying sense of a... condescending tone to her manners, a hint of amusement, as if what she was reading was some sort of joke to her. The Upyress stifled a laugh, covering her mouth as to not let loose that jittering jubilee which tried to push its way out of her chest. Giggles died down to a light breath, before totally disappearing altogether, succumbing to a stone-cold glower. “And to think,” said she, rising from her seat and striking a match, “How amusing this is!? Bah! Troubles dumped off in my hands, no matter,” she continued chatting to herself, dropping the paper to the stone cold ground, “It’s great news to hear that many want to see me suffer.” It was an odd statement, one made so gently as she let the match fall upon the parchment. “ I’m not too worried. I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to become a vegetarian.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. DogVibes

DogVibes

A Von Kërle, whom was a powerful soldier of the Athanasia Scion, would be traveling through the sewers. Her footsteps quietly pacing along the stone ground, however they would not appear to echo through the darkness. Her crimson eyes would examine the notice. After reading it, she could not help but laugh.
    "<F> It appears mundanes are becoming stupider by the hour. If they believe they can destroy /us/, they are gravely mistaken."
    She would rip off one of the notices to take to the Scion, as a warning to her coven about the possible war boiling on the open flame.
    "<F> I say... Let them come. Let them fall to the blades of war. Let their blood turn our sewer waters red. Let their pride consume their very soul."
    Sivo would then turn away to trail off, back into the comforting shadows she called home, her dark cloak trailing behind her.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #5 DogVibes, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  6. FirelightMLPOC

FirelightMLPOC

The Sihndar gazed at the document once more, then put it back down, leaning on his elbows, mind attempting to analyze the situation at hand. The mention of a Litch, & the unknown name of Mirabella being associated with it stirring the coals of curiosity & duty within him. He then begins to write, folding the newly completed parchment under the notice to send off later in the day.

- -

Lady Tuija Viduggla

I request that we meet sometime to discuss more about the incidents & those involved. I stand with you & the people of Regalia in this matter, and will use my knowledge of how to hunt these creatures to assist where possible.

Sincerely,
    Agis Oldwren.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  7. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

“Bounties come soon it seems,” The Asha smiled “Good...”

A note is pinned

Put a open bounty for recovery Lady Viduggla and I promise I shall aid in the finding of your fellow Northenor. May his Gods watch and keep him.

-Captain Biriqhoteph

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  8. Magivore

Magivore No Rest For The Wicked

To Lady Tuija, lesser be her name,

It is with a heavy heart that I am to address this letter to you in order to convey truths: truths that I doubt you will accept, but I beseech for you to find merits of. You are not any better than those whom you scorn below, and you never shall be despite your claims of supremacy and your benevolent heart. But to say these alone will not properly convey such a concept. In turn, I shall break apart this public missive of yours like I would ribs in an autopsy. May every point be a sickening crack that brings you to the harsh reality we live in, but you do not understand.

You do not seek justice. Justice does not aim to bring suffering upon others, it aims to punish, and swiftly so. Justice is neither good nor bad in an ethical sense, but justice is no longer when you believe that 'suffering' and justice are the same. You pry at the world around you, begging for assistance while one of your people are taken, yet you do not considered the hundreds each day of my own people that are dragged from their families, tossed within a church that has abandoned them long ago, and deafened them with their own screams and prayers meant to heal when you carry whips and nightsticks.

You claim us to be cowards, one undeserving of life or care, and yet your same letter asks for the anonymous to come forward and kidnap my people in response: something you are not even willing to participate in. Is that not so similar to how you described us? What will you pay your people who cause suffering? Blood money? Favours? Blessings? How so similar you describe our acts as you too pull on the strings of the unfortunate puppets that you guide into their tombs with hopes false and reinforcements fearful.

And finally I come to those you call directly: we three have only ever guided this city in ways proper. If you sought punishment for the burning of Petalcourt, but not the punishment for the burning of Crookback, you are a hypocrite who are using your friends as martyrs. You call forth all to come to your aid, not unlike some disorganized march into the underworld to deal with a supposed problem that you only allow to take root. If you were to take Ice Lady Anya of the Allvalleys and Mirabella of the Dionaea Embrace, it will be twice the beloved souls that they allegedly had taken from you. I know not what condition Jarlaf was returned, but I know that the Ice Lady and the Dionaea will be returned flogged threefold and tortured fivefold more than could have ever come from my Solifugae. And worst of all, they may not ever come back the same. Jarlaf can drink away his woes. But my people will have every thought they've had, every friendship they've made, stripped away and replaced inside of their body: a face worse than death.

Is it truly Sanguinism that infects your streets? Or is it your venomous care that poisons your people?

Glory Be to the Peace We Find Among the Ashes,

X

• Powerful Powerful x 12
    #8 Magivore, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  9. Annie_Short

To X, a single letter for your significance,

I'm going to remind you to read my words before listening to the serpents who whisper to you. Your kin maliciously attacked an innocent man, kidnapped him, and are now forcing him to do biddings he would have never done prior. I do not wish to see these women attacked or brought down and hence why I gave them two options, the latter was going to be violence since that is the universal language of this world, wouldn't you agree? These two options were to bring back the one I desire or suffer the consequences. Is that not a fair tradeoff in your eyes? To return a man who has done nothing but good upon the surface but was targeted on multiple occasions by these people you say don’t deserve a punishment? To sit here and listen to one side of a story because you consider them beloved in your eyes does not counter the things they have done to others. I have spoken my matters now since you have attacked my own. I do not believe I am above any of the others you have taken but I am speaking up in their stead. You are a hypocrite, you are describing them as saints and saying their souls together are above one person. No one deserves to be hurt from this and I gave them the option to avoid all this. It was their choice to not heed my call and I even offered to discuss with them privately about this trade which I would have not allowed any harm to come from.

To say I do not care about the burning of Crookback as well as Petalcourt is a laughable assumption you make. I understand why you assume my opinions on those responsible for Crookback. Neither of the burnings got the justice they deserved. However, some are making an effort to make up for their crimes against the people of Crookback. What has your kin done to help those affected in Petalcourt? I want to enlighten you since you seem to only look at the facts that are presented by your own. A mission I have devoted myself to is one that seeks to help all who are affected by the burnings, poverty, and loss to help rebuild and give them opportunities they never thought possible. I will not sit here and say I don’t feel pity for your kin but know I have had no involvement in any of that. The one thing that I wish to remind you is I am not the one seeking to kidnap innocents and use them for my gain. I desire for one thing of you if you can provide it: the safe return of one of my kin and any others your people have taken for their greed. Countless people are taken by your own and you sit here and say these women don’t deserve punishment for what they have brought upon the mass of Regalia? You see, your ‘proper’ way of guiding people is not the way I and many others would. I would also like to remind you if you wish to stalk my district in search of something, I will not hesitate to approach you on my own if it means we can talk of my kin’s return. If these women's souls are worth more than Jarlaf, I wonder how much the souls of those affected by these women are worth in your eyes? Or is this a standard you only wish to follow when it benefits your own? If you wish to letter me again, please be sure to make it private, less you wish to make assumptions upon those you have never spoken to personally. The truth of this incident is that a man was attacked and taken, and he should be returned to where he belongs, or the person(s) responsible should be punished.

Signed,
    [​IMG]

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Acosmism

To the esteemed Lady Viduggla,

Your response was unnecessarily long. Regardless, I’ll provide you with a mercifully shorter retort.
    1. Don’t claim you care about aberrants to look better. It’s not working.
    2. This has nothing to do with Petalcourt, and you know it.
    3. To say you wish not to kidnap or harm anyone directly contradicts your post. We all know violence is the easy way out. Make an effort to come down to the Sewers yourself if you want to prove your point instead of making public notices elaborating on your “kindness” and wishing “suffering” on your enemies. Tell me your secrets, and I will give you your dreams.

Please pick a side, and grow a moral backbone. Because currently, it’s awfully floppy. Soggy, perhaps. Soft, even. Moreover, try providing solid proof that I have your kin.

xoxo

• Educated Educated x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    #10 Acosmism, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  11. Annie_Short

As I said in my first address, I gave two options did I not? I also gave the option to letter me directly to discuss an agreeance to return my kin. I suppose I shouldn't have expected people to be willing to make peace and get this done between us before others got involved. I have not sent anyone to attack you nor plan to unless my suspicions upon you are proven to be fully fact. Whoever took my letter and decides to rally is doing upon their own accord, I am just supplying the match for those who needed it. If I wasn't sent a lie over a letter blaming another group which the party who lettered me despises, maybe I would be less critical in my thoughts of your people. Furthermore, I care about those you have forced into your way of life, those who choose to be the way you are can live how they wish. I see no problem with this less they are going to attack others to force to convert to your way of life. Do what you wish so long as it is not affecting another's way of life. You can pick apart my words as you wish but I care about those who deserve justice the same as Jarlaf does. I have no desire to carry on this debate with someone who cannot even read a letter properly. The ultimatum was violence, anyone close to me knows I would not want this but if I were to ask nicely to bring him back as I did in my notice would it have actually swayed any of you? I never convicted you of having Jarlaf, I said I had suspicions upon you and Anya and so I addressed those suspicions. Instead of people lettering me to say they do not have him and maybe give me information on his whereabouts, all of you sit silently till I address someone that is defending you. If you are innocent then prove it. I never said I full-heartedly believed the two women to be the culprit. Wouldn't that give the women a better reason to work with me to bring him back rather than make this situation worse? If anyone wishes to discuss business rather than insult me with little preschool insults, why don't you letter me personally so we can get this resolved like adults?

I await your response,
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Acosmism

Less than pleasant goose,

Shorten your response in the future and maybe I’ll read it. Bold of you to assume a sinner like me has the intellectual capacity to go over long husks of needless retorts that could be said in two sentences, it’s being distributed among other priorities at the moment. Sadly, you are not one them. However, based on what I did skim over, let me remind you of your own quote:

“I know there are many of you who wish to see the suffering of Mirabella and her kin due to her involvement in many painful events that we as a community still grief today. I call upon all of you, I do not care who you are or your goals but I know we all have a common enemy. It is time to put aside differences for a moment and join forces to take down said enemy, to finally make them regret the pain they have caused our people of Regalia and Crookback. I cannot physically show my support besides the words but an anonymous letter can be delivered to me in order to discuss this further.”

“I applaud any effort you will put into taking down this evil that festers in the sewers and dares to attack my kin as well as others.”

No, I will not be lettering you privately. It’s unneeded and the exchanges we’ve had thus far have been less than pleasant, and distasteful at most. I had hoped nobility, rich as they are, would hold better education. No, I’m afraid this will be the last word you’ll hear from me. You’re not my target right now, despite your multiple offenses; be grateful in that.

Xoxo

13. Annie_Short

Then I shall keep this one short,
    Fine by me do what you wish. I wish you to pay for your crimes as much as anyone else does. There is a reason for a bounty upon that head of yours, and I don't believe it is for your wit nor knowledge. I wish you the best in the upcoming weeks and hope you are able to reconsider.

14. GRIST_

GRIST_ The Antagonist Premium

A certain small note was pinned under the mass of letters.

Actions speak louder than words. The end.

H.

• Powerful Powerful x 4