The Exiled Stars

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by HereticTakao, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HereticTakao

HereticTakao dark spirited demidevil

[​IMG]

When a falling star lands, it creates a catastrophic event.
    And from the crater it makes, a celestial body is formed
    Not perfect in any way, but exhibits an otherworldly energy that lights up the atmosphere of any room.
    Knowing they can never go back to the sky which they belong
    They make themselves at home
    And become greater than they ever were
    For it’s the Exiled Stars, that truly shine upon humanity.”

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

It was a quiet night out at sea. A thick, foggy haze of grey clouds covered the sky, with only the brilliant light of the full moon being able to shine through. The soft smell of salty waters crashed into the side of the sailing ship whilst it finished its final tow. And there Lorelei Luxford stood, on the deck, head tilted upwards. She held on a single leather bag, and nothing more. Pockets empty, all she ever wanted was to be on the other side of the eastern walls.

The mortal celestial gave no warning of her departure. As that is what they do. Arrive without a sound, and then leave, with less than a whisper of words.

The ship was barren of any other passengers besides herself and the Captain, the latter bribed to give her a private trip to the East.

You know lass, sneaking you into Dexai is going to be easier said than done. the aforementioned captain spoke.

I look the part, I think. It’ll- It’ll be fine. You’ll never know until you try, yeah?

I guess so.

The man let out a tired laugh, one that was common amongst his profession. Lorelei on the other hand dived back into thought again. All of her adventures circulated within her mind, playing out like an old film in dark theatres. The friends she made highlighted rapid tapes of her memories. The enemies, even brighter.

The dock that led to the Crookback Emporium was clear in her mind. Moji sitting upon the barrels, with that mischievous look in her eyes ever-so-present. Hachi, a wanderlust look on his face among a crowd of people he wasn’t quite acquainted with yet.

A flickering memory surfaced farther than the rest, Elleastaar’s faint murmurs cascaded around the perimeter of the Estling’s mind. Tearing her apart in more ways than one. Burrowing deep like salt in freshly opened wounds.

What is it that you have accomplished in your time here?

Silence.

Returning to the next iteration of the Smiling Fox, walking up the stairs to the pawnshop. Surrounded by faces of old and new. Laughs echoed throughout the slums. Jests were thrown like regals at a brothel. Bonds flourishing like a blooming field of color. Several nights blending together with raw, unbalanced tethers.

Was that what satisfaction was?

Perhaps.

A single index finger brushed against the thorned scars against her neck, restraining it like a collar. Pulling her abruptly out of the euphoric memories, and into the equal parts thrilling or agonizing battles of verbal and physical she faced. With the Lich Lord, Xilthruum, and with the law enforcement of Regalia.

Fiery red eyes were permanently burned into her mental imagescape. The voice of an ancient predator, one who predates civilization as Aloria knows it, and will be alive long after. The authentic face of the beast beyond the bones, truth silenced by fearful quivers. A longing for a deep friendship still continued to eat away at her morality, but:

The difference between you and I solely rests in the fact I am willing to confess my cruelty when I bring betterment upon others. But you? You do not.

Honesty, veiled by a visceral sanguine red, piercing through and settling itself into her core.

He was right.

The shining armor of the old Arcanum Guards. Chasing her down the street, arrows piercing into her skin. Blood spilling from the wounds and staining the broken, cobbled streets. Seismic blasts of ethereal energy escaping her body.

What’re you doing?! they yelled, Don’t let her escape!

And yet she did. She escaped it all, time and time again.

Have you ever released anything?

My wife, yes.

No, no- what? For fuck’s sake- as in uh. The tension. Have you ever let go of what held you back?

A long time ago, yes. Back when I first got into this business, sailing across the seas. I realized I had to let go of my ties to the land, he paused, taking in a deep breath,

Here’s my advice, take it as you will. You seem troubled by your past, whatever it may be. Let it all go. Because if you don’t, you won’t ever move on.

.. Right, right. ‘course.

Lorelei closed her eyes. A roaring inferno burst to life inside her mind, eviscerating every chain that kept her bound to Regalia. The city she knew as home for so long. But it was time to let go. Her hands clenched into fists, knuckles white. Tears flooded her eyes and ran down her cheeks.

And then she screamed. Letting it out into the cloudy night. Rippling across the ocean.

Freedom.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

Hachi’s eyes flickered, narrowing down the exact source of the noise. And from the fog came a ship. The sails were the first thing he recognized. A merchant ship of the Be’ha-sai clan.

There she is, Moji.

Moji hopped down from her perch, the Sihai had been standing on top of crates for hours on end, searching the seas for her cousin.

As soon as the ship docked and the anchor was thrown, Lorelei hopped off and onto the docks to meet her friends. They embraced one another in a tight hug, emotions of happiness and melancholy mixed together.

Are you okay, Lore? I heard you scream.

The Estling’s cheeks flushed and she nervously chuckled, scratching the back of her head.

Scream? No- nah. No way. That- that must’ve been the other guy. Quiet down back there!

Uh-huh…Suuuree.

Oh- Shut up!

Moji gave an honest cackle, shaking her head at the two’s nostalgic interactions.

Oh, shut it already. You’re still alive. How was it?

I think I’ll be fine. Long ride, hate ships, y’know how it is, yeah?

Okay well- then let’s get you home.

Before the trio embarked on their journey to smuggle the Estling inside the walls of Dexai, Lorelei paused. Standing still for just a moment, rocking with the waves that collided with the docks. Her moonlight gaze fixated on the sky and watched as the grey clouds cleared. And she thought to herself,

I’m satisfied, Ellea. That is my greatest accomplishment.

• Winner Winner x 38
    • Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. HereticTakao

HereticTakao dark spirited demidevil

• Immersive Immersive x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

07 damn good story

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  4. KK134

KK134 Regalian Pioneer

Quality stuff, very enjoyable read. A nice sendoff for the char.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mochha

mochha yolo Supremium

o7

• Powerful Powerful x 7
  6. MippyMoo

MippyMoo Resident Sad Corpse Man

upload_2021-1-20_18-13-31.jpeg

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. invitica

invitica Refugee

here to read this again for the 5th time

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  8. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Wow. Very captivating and generally a really good read.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Nirnro0t

Nirnro0t Always smirking

I’m not crying, you’re crying

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  10. Hautee

Hautee average LoL player

This was beautifully written and enjoyable to read.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ocularum

Ocularum Scott Staff Member PR3

THE EXILED STARS (AUDIO EDITION)
    Made and posted with permission of HereticTakao and Mochalattes.
    [​IMG]
    [LINK]

• Winner Winner x 5