Imra

Discussion in 'WIP Character Sheets' started by Proudbucket, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

[​IMG]

What is this about?
    I am looking for players that will join me playing with a system that encourages dramatic scenes and focuses on social relationships.

Why is this useful?
    There are persuasion rolls but try using them as a priest to gain converts, as a Kathar to corrupt the innocent or as a noble to gain followers. Chances are many players will resist this because they don't trust other players and the is very little for them to gain.

Here we are trying to create a group with trust and strong social cohesion. We supplement this with a system that balances requesting and granting favors.

How does this work?
    This system manages a so to say, social currency (tokens).
    Players whose characters give in to requests, gain tokens.
    Tokens can then be used to get characters to give in to requests.

See examples and the rules after this nice image.
    [​IMG]

Examples
    - After a long talk, a unionist priest asks an elven character to take his faith. The Elf is only willing to go as far as to read the holy texts. As the requester does not consider that enough of a step, the priest gains 1 token.

- After gaining enough recognition a warrior, the illegitimate son of a noble, asks his father to legitimize him. The noble accepts and gains one token.

- Sensing an opening, a vampire uses his charms to convince the warrior to join his coven. The request wont cause permanent damage and the warrior has no tokens to block the action. The warrior gains 2 tokens and roleplays how he gets convinced and (temporally) becomes a vampire.

The rules
    1) A character that makes a meaningful concession gains 1 token (from the requester or from the system if the requester had 0 tokens)
    2) You can force another character to make a meaningful concession by giving 2 tokens that you have.
    3) You can block the previous action by paying 3 tokens to the player making the request.

For practical purposes any character can only do one (system) request once per week.

[​IMG]

This looks interesting, how do I join?
    Send me a DM with
    Forum name:
    IGN name:
    Disc name:
    Char sheet:

How many people can join?
    I'll keep this small for this time.
    There are only 3 places! Join while you can!

Who are we?
    - Proudbucket (Imira)
    - BitCatalyst (Theo)
    - Dawneetay (Vahlona)
    - Kizei (Nerashi)

Is this Robin D. Laws drama system?
    This is based on the Creative Commons drama system created by Robin D. Laws and used in Hillfolk RPG. It has some differences to adapt this to massivecraft's rp.

How can my character benefit from this?
    This system can help your character get allies, recognition, followers, love... you name it. You can also get all that without this system but that is a bit hard. This system is grease that lets things go smooth.

Have you tested this?
    Yeah, I ran this game irl with a bunch of friends. This was a lot of fun.
    I have never done this online and some things need to be adapted but I think this will be fine.

What will be your role?
    I'll keep tabs on tokens and I'll do it in a transparent way.
    In this system players can run scenes without a game master.
    The game master has no advantages or special privileges.

Will my character end up doing things I'm against?
    In this system you are supposed to let your character be dragged by emotions and obligations but worry not, you are among friends.
    If you really object to something don't doubt to talk OOC or even ask to pause a scene. In the end, we all just want to have fun together.

What should my character request?
    Avoid asking for gold or material things, they are superfluous in rp.
    Ask for loyalty, recognition, forgiveness, approval, complicity, subservience, respect, love or alliances. Bear in mind that not all requests are possible. When that happens, try to be flexible.

What counts as a meaningful emotional concession?
    Generally, it is up to the requester to decide if what they are getting is enough.
    As in most social interactions there is room for bargaining. Try to be flexible.

What will I have to do if I join?
    You will need to do almost nothing.
    System bureaucratic stuff takes you 1 min per week.

How long would this last?
    I aim to manage this test run for 6 weeks.
    That means, 6 rounds in which every character makes a meaningful request.

#1 Proudbucket, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
  2. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

#2 Proudbucket, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
  3. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title

#3 Proudbucket, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
  4. Proudbucket

Proudbucket Custom title