Alt-account Rules Update

Discussion in 'Faction Announcements' started by qgmk, Dec 27, 2020.

1. qgmk

qgmk Leader of Magnanimus

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are updating our rules regarding the use of alternate accounts and factions. First, some definitions:​
    • A main account is defined as the account which a player spends the most time on the server and is used as the name when referring to a particular player.​
    • An alternate account (alt-account or alt for short) is an account which has been used to log into the server by the same player using a main account.​
    • An alt-faction is defined as a faction being led by an alt account.​
    The new rules are as follows:
    1. A single player can hold up to 3 factions maximum (one main and two alt-factions).
    2. The maximum number of alt-accounts a faction may have at any given time is 6.
    3. The number of alt-accounts in a faction may not exceed twice the number of main accounts at any given time (2 alts per main with a maximum of 6 alts total). The only exception is if an alt-account leads a faction with no other accounts in the faction. In this case, the leading alt-account can exist in the faction without any main-accounts.
    4. Alt-factions must have AF, DR, CO, or INC at the end of their name or the words "Alt Faction" in their description.
    5. Alt-accounts in a faction must have a title designating them as an alt.
    If you are a leader of a faction, you are responsible for the number of alts in your faction. If ever you wish to check if a player requesting to join your faction is an alt, feel free to make a ticket for Staff to check.
    We will give players a lengthy 1 month to sort out their alt-account and alt-faction issues and will begin enforcing these rules on Jan 31st at 00:00 GMT. In the meantime, the current rules will continue to be enforced.​

FAQs:

These rules can be hard to keep track of. What happens if I mistakenly break them?

We will typically give players a 48-72 hour window to fix their alts before we step in to fix it for them. If a player is repeatedly violating these rules, we will intervene into the situation without warning.

What if a player does not fix their faction or alts within the 48-72 hour window?
    Depending on the frequency of the player’s violations, we reserve the right to take actions necessary to maintain the integrity of the server, ranging from kicking alts from a faction exceeding the maximum, disbanding the faction, or in severe cases, banning the player in question.

What if two players have logged into the same alt-account?
    Any player that has logged into an alt-account in the last 30 days will have the account considered their alt. An alt can be an alt of more than one player. If two players share an alt-faction lead by a shared alt, the alt-faction will take up 1 faction leadership slot from both players.

Have a Massive Day!

[​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    #1 qgmk, Dec 27, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  2. The_Fluorspar

The_Fluorspar

''The number of alt-accounts in a faction may not exceed twice the number of main accounts at any given time (2 alts per main with a maximum of 6 alts total). The only exception is if an alt-account leads a faction. In this case, the alt-account will be the only account in the faction.''

Does this mean we can't have any real players in our alt factions?

3. EricKilla

EricKilla Silferian Emperor

Few questions on this:
    "Alt-factions must have AF, DR, CO, or INC at the end of their name." -The old rules said you could put this in the description. Can I do that? I would really not like to have to rename Conflagration to ConflagrationInc or something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sir_Daragon

Sir_Daragon Your Local Staff Member Game2

has to be in the name

5. EricKilla

I disagree with that.
    If this is not changed, will my darkroom krdarkroom require a change? It's got DR at the end just spelled out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #5 EricKilla, Dec 28, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  6. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Doge of Helvetica

7. qgmk

Edited to “can be”

• Like Like x 1
  8. EricKilla

Few questions:
    As we've been discussing in the Faction chat, I suggest allowing more than 6 alts in a faction, but you are only allowed to use the power of up to only those 6 alts, for the reasons listed above.

If this is unenforceable, then I suggested allowing a faction leader to tag a player as "power-less" which will mean that they do not contribute to the faction power. This would then allow them to not count towards the rule.

What measures will staff be taking to ensure that, for example, siblings playing in the same household will not be considered alts? For example, let's say Vrovona has 6 alts in it, and then enderdonut's brother wants to join the fac, how would staff be able to tell those apart?

I still think the way this is worded isn't quite clear as to the intent. Perhaps it'd be more reasonable to say "In this case, you are only allowed to have the one alt in the alt-faction. You are allowed to have other main accounts in the alt-faction."

When I mentioned this in the factions discord, even @TakeDown__ was confused by the rule, and thought that it meant you could only have a single account in an AF, main or not.

9. qgmk

@EricKilla
    We are going to stick with the 6 alts max in a faction.

Generally siblings playing on the same internet are easy to prove and disprove, so if they are both actively playing on the server we will ask them which player the alt belongs to.

Edited to "The only exception is if an alt-account leads a faction with no other accounts in the faction. In this case, the leading alt-account can exist in the faction without any main-accounts."

10. KittyPoppins

KittyPoppins Queen of Azuria

11. Jalapeno690

Jalapeno690 Doge of Helvetica

Hope you got rid of all the alts

12. SignoreScafuto

SignoreScafuto MassiveCraft's token ethnic

you can ask staff to have "alts" verified to not be considered alts, which is what I had done before a while back.

13. KittyPoppins

KittyPoppins Queen of Azuria

Bro screw off