Under Review Reintegrating A Dock Into Regalia.

Discussion in 'Server' started by thor5648, Aug 19, 2020.

?

Where do you think the spawn for new players should be?

1. Current (/hub)

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. A new dock in Regalia

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  3. Other (Please add to the discussion in the comments!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. thor5648

thor5648 Ever Waiting

I am not quite sure when or why this was removed (guessing during the restart), but for players who do not remember there used to be a dock in Regalia that would provide transport to the different survival worlds as well as Silverwind.
    Mesa proposing that we add said dock to serve as the new server hub right outside of the Regalia spawn to replace the current /hub.

This will primarily benefit new players who are often seen in chat requesting instructions for how to get into wilderness while wandering around Regalia (or wondering about roleplay while in Essalonia).
    Players would spawn on a ship in this dock and there would be boats leading to Essalonia, Hadar, market, and Silverwind. This would also help the server feel a little bit more "whole" and "integrated" for new players, instead of being divided into three totally separate primary play styles.

The first counterargument I can think of would be that the factions players would miss the opportunity to go through the tutorial. I see so many players entering roleplay due to the this server being listed as an RPG "seamlessly integrated with factions survival" where they do not get any instructions on the basic command line and end up adventuring around Regalia for 10 minutes before logging off due to confusion.

Lastly, I really do not want this to turn into a discussion about the tutorial as this topic deserves a multi-page write up with tested solutions. Please keep discussions to the spawn point and how to make it more immersive, or why you think the current hub does the job. Thanks.

• Constructive Constructive x 1
    #1 thor5648, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  2. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

Dock will be back in Regalia V6, but I need to finish the survival map before work starts on that.

• Winner Winner x 1