House Guthrain

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by TalkChat, May 5, 2020.

1. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Family Name: Guthrain (Goo-thr-ain).
    Patriarch: Kalmar Lok-Guthrain.
    Title: Count of Pol Tanh, Rakhon of the Medway Polorcs.
    Origin: Daendroc | Lykōn Polorc Separatists.
    Race: Orc.
    Culture: Lykōn-Orcish with Imperial adaptation.
    Religion: Call of Vakgar and Makosh.
    Political Stance: Centrist.
    House Words: “From the ashes of fire becomes the beginning of new civilization.”

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I - Rograth and the Forge of Lykōn:

Rograth was the first notable Orcon, born from one of the longest reigns within the Herōn Polorc. After the inevitable rebellion overcame the acting Rakhōn within the Polorc, Rograth took his talents for metallurgy to the Lykōn Polorc. Those within the Lykōn were hard-fought traditionalists, and many believe that Rograth was the one who incited the trait of stoicism within the lineage of Guthrain. Rograth held the honorary title of Munath; he was gifted in his talents for shaping metal, and tales of him binding honor into every weapon he forged through the guidance of Makosh and Vakgar live on today within the Guthrain family. He is usually symbolized through the sigil of a hand over hot metal, and a smithing hammer in his opposing hand.

II - Maendra of the Blade:

The descendant of the children of Rograth. Maendra was a fierce fighter within the Lykōn Polorc. She is regarded to be the first Orcon within the lineage to bear a greatsword. Her wisdom in battle led to successful triumph in Avanthar raids and even dealing with the contention of other Polorcs. She was a highly regarded militant, and the tales of her honor-bound nature and reserve are taught to Guthrain children to this day. Maendra’s greatsword lasted within the Guthrain family for several generations. Although the heirloom was lost within the Ranger Crisis after the death of Salren, a female warrior. Maendra was a defining figure in giving the Guthrain a name within the Lykōn Polorc.

III - Volraun-Ul with the words of Judgement:

Volraun was born as a frail Orcongaar, and thus was notably the worst fighter within the family. His figure was almost sinewy to the point where he could barely walk. Despite his physicality lacking, Volraun was not a weak foe; instead, he found his strength in words. Known for shattering the commonly held misconception of Vashkulaar being an ugly language, he was often defended by the Rakhōn’s best and brightest due to his influential manner. He was the cause for the peace between the Lykōn Polorc and the feuding Polorc of Grean, by forcing himself in the middle of the battle and telling them of the horrendous outcome that was sure to come to pass should they continue. Within the Guthrain family, some see Volraun as weak, and others idolize him. On his thirty-ninth birthday, however, he was slaughtered by his own son who outgrew his strength. He is the reason for the crimson and gold on the family’s crest. The gold representing his intelligent reign, the crimson illustrating his savage death.

IV - Kolvon the first Rakhōn:

Kolvon ascended to the throne of Rakhōn after the “mysterious” death of his father Volraun. He was a promising fighter, and a hard-found traditionalist after he came back from his militarization. While Volraun strayed from tradition, Kolvon instead found truth within his culture. Kolvon had a strong ambition to become one of the Polorc’s Rakhōn, and when the position opened, he fought his way into the seat using his father’s knowledge and his own hard-won strength. Kolvon lost his right eye in his pursuit of the position, but became the first and only Guthrain Rakhōn, who reigned from 265 A.C to 284 A.C. He sired two children: Kalmar as his eldest, and the hidden Raghthor. Due to his status as a demon-touched Void Silven, Kolvon hid his youngest child from the Polorc to save him from inevitable death. The Lykōn Polorc rioted after finding out about their Rakhōn’s deception, and stormed the Guthrain estate to take recompense for his lies. Kolvon was excommunicated; some say he was spared in the name of his honorable actions before the truth came, and others hold that living while his wife and youngest child were killed was punishment for his sins.

V - Kalmar the Reigning:

Coming home to a hostile populace and disgraced by his father, Kalmar was the first to collect his family’s loyalists, promising them glory and honor in war.His drive to prove himself caused him to head out further into Daendroc, where most Orcs do not venture due to Ailor civilization. His clouded judgment led for Kalmar to reign attacks on Polorcs told to be harboring his father, though this nature soon thinned out as Kalmar created The Broken Tusk mercenary band within the smaller villages of Daendroc, providing a service to the people whilst opening his eyes to the culture of the Ailor people. While Kalmar’s traditionalistic ideals stayed firm, his position did not as he and whatever remnant of the family the Orcon had left stayed by his side. The Ranger Crisis soon hit, and Kalmar fought alongside the races that have enslaved and dehumanized his people. Soon after, Kalmar moved to Regalia in one ambitious attempt to save the entirety of his race by giving them a voice within the Crown City. Some consider him a disgrace for leaving his homeland, others find intrigue in one of the most ambitious leaders to reign over the Guthrain family.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Traits:

Hair: Raven black (Maineline).
    Skin: Green.
    Physique: Broad, and usually sculpted symmetrically in terms of musculature.
    Familial Traditions: All Orcon within the House have a small depiction of Yazgar on the back of their neck just below the hairline.

Personality: Orcon within House Guthrain are almost as Imperialized as you can get whilst still hold onto their traditional culture. Overall, House Guthrain is composed of boisterous personalities and stoic alike but have a commonality in terms of doing what they must to preserve the longevity of their people.
    Religion: The Call of Vakgar and Makosh, some are more faithful than others.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ╔════════════════════╗
    Green - Playable
    Orange - Playable with Qualification
    Red - Unplayable
    Black - Played
    ╚════════════════════╝
    Mainline:

✦ Kolvon the first Rakhōn - (DECEASED): Kolvon ascended to the throne of Rakhōn after the mysterious death of his father Volraun. He was a promising fighter a hard-found traditionalist after he came back from his militarization. Though, the voice of his father plagued him as Volraun strayed from traditional beliefs- Kolvon found truth within his culture. Though in the end, he became the most dishonorable.
    ✦ Ul’Oanhok Lok-Guthrain - (DECEASED): Kolvon’s younger brother. Ul’Oanhok was noted as a wasted warrior. He trained his entire life in the art of polearm fighting, especially with a glaive- sadly, he was never put to good use. He was killed in an individual brawl between a feuding Orcon and himself. Though he left behind his own traces of historical knowledge, and heirs to create his own line.

Kalmar the Reigning - (39): The most ambitious of any leader of the house. He traveled far to create a voice for the Orc people after experiencing the fallout with his family. Spending time outside of the plains, the heir to the Rakhōn has at first hand experienced the traditionalistic side of Orcon culture and perceived it through the eyes of others. He has made it far, obtaining titles and working his way up the hierarchy- though time will only tell of how far he will actually get.
    ✧ Raghthor Lok-Guthrain - The younger brother of Kalmar, known in the family for an unfortunate accident in his youth involving an Narggoth that left him on the brink of life. Though he survived the ordeal, it left him with memory retention issues and trouble with the complexities of the Orcon language. After he was fully recovered, he traveled in Daen, finally returning to Regalia to assist his brother with the establishment of their house. He is known for a bright, albeit laidback attitude in stark contrast to Kalmar.

Siern’uk Ral-Volrah - (36): A close childhood friend of Kalmar. Siren’uk and Kalmar trained closely in their upbringing and adolescence within the military. Siern’uk is a more reserved Orcon who practiced with the art of Pallatu, and is said to be a more defined fighter than most within the house. Siern’uk and Kalmar’s relationship is unique, she bore the first and only heir to Kalmar after a questionable night- though, despite their friendship being cemented, they are not exactly bound by each other yet. That being said, Siren’uk has led The Broken Tusk mercenary band since Kalmar invested his time in the Old Guard.

Auvron Lok-Guthrain - (18): The first and only heir to the Guthrain throne. Auvron has spent the last three years of his life within Regalia- and has never seen the pure traditionalism and hard-fought nature of his people within the Daendroc plains. He holds the strong ambition of any Orc, though he is more imperialized than he thinks. He’s adapted to a comfortable way of living within the city, though, he is being challenged every day from those within his family and out if he is a true Orcon. Time will only tell what he makes of himself. He currently has been placed in The Broken Tusk mercenary band to prove himself.
    [​IMG]
    1st Cousin

Vaelra Xol-Guthrain - (43): The only Orcongaar within the family, assumedly passed down from an off-baring gene from Volraun’ul, she is the first daughter of Ul’Oanhok. Vaelra is of slender frame; though not frail. Her physique could be matched to that of a larger Ailor, and her tusks are smaller than most. She has taken to the Imperial sentiments a lot faster than even the Patriarch, and while she leads the first line of cousins, her ambitions are strongly held in the intricacies of aberrancy. She is known to have a stern, and strong tone despite her underwhelming appearance, using her intelligence instead of her fists.

Raenar Xol-Guthrain - (26): A hard-found Ritualist of the House, Raener seeks to bring glory to Vakgar and Makosh. Raenar is the first son of Vaelra and an unknown Orcon. His interpretation of the religion is intriguing and widely accepted amongst many Orcon as Raenar tells his wild tales of his holy-venture into the Daendroc plains seeking enlightenment. Many say he has eyes into the lost world of Guldar, and can illustrate a perfect picture of the horrid environment. He is a strange boy, though valued by the house for keeping the faith.
    Nalen Xol-Guthrain - (24): You will not find a more gregarious, although honor-bound Orcon than Nalen. Born to one of Vaelra’s soulmates before he died in the Ranger Crisis. He is the ‘outcast’ to Vaelra’s line of children that do not find their taste in experiments nor theology. He is trained in tactical warfare on sea and ground, though since traversing the waterways to get to the Crown City, Nalen has found his intrigue in naval feats. He is the ‘hound’ of the house and is bound by loyalty above all else to the Guthrian name. He and Kalmar share the large tattoo of Yazgar on their back.
    Falra’ul Xol Guthrain - (19): Close friends to Auvron- Falra’ul share the same challenges of life. Auvron and her never experienced the true culture behind the Orcon. Falra’ul has taken after Vaelra in attempts to widen her knowledge, though that in terms of history- falling after her grandfather's intrigue. She seeks to discover more about her people, and other races to help her understand where she truly lies in this world. She’s become an apt linguistic and has been slowly training with Auvron in unarmed combat.

Evar’uk Xol-Guthrain - (DECEASED): One of Kalmar’s closest friends, Evar’uk bared Maendra’s valued Greatsword in the Ranger Crisis that was lost. He was a man of honor, although understanding, he had certain wisdom that not many Guthrain possessed after the devastating fall of Kolvon. He pushed Kalmar to new heights and was a strong voice in the family. It is told that a band of Avanthar pushed him away from the Orcon party, and punctured each knee with large arrows. Kalmar came upon Evar’uk in his dying moments and was the one that put his suffering to rest.

Kalruk Xol-Guthrain - (24): Taken under the care of Kalmar more personally due to his father's death. Kalruk is an Orcon of leadership and a fierce demeanor. He is quick to try and hold some semblance of the man that his father was, though many do not feel he has earned his place. Kalruk works alongside Kalmar in the guard and holds the same values of creating a strong voice for every Polorc within Regalia.

[​IMG]
    2nd Cousin (Nōthorc)

Rolan’ul Vol-Guthrain - (40): Rolan’ul is the first Nothorc to be inducted under Guthrain rule. He was born into militarization by the and was raised by the Orcon of the house- specifically within the Lykōn Polorc. Though, separated with the rest of the family to lead the Nothorc he had gathered under the “Talons of Yazgar '' which serves as a ‘house guard’ and familiars for the Guthrain family. He is a boisterous, caring Orc who isn’t afraid to get his hands dirty in the underworld when necessary.

Calvar Xol-Guthrain -
    (23): The first son to Rolan Vol-Guthrain. He follows in his father's footsteps, though he was surprisingly sent off to be a Bloodcast Knight at a young age. He holds his own code of honor and strays from the family day-by-day, finding comfort in his own efforts to make a name for himself without interfering with the house.
    (Write-Ins are more widely accepted within the 2nd branch of Cousins).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In Character:

Be sensible. For many years the ‘Orc’ race has been defined as pretty distasteful. Adhere to lore, and don’t play a stupid Orc. We’re trying to always lead by example for the race.
    Character freedom is valued. Along with the stipulation that you follow within the family niche, you are readily told to what you want when you want after your trial. Please invest in as many story-lines as you want.
    No accents. I’ve got a severe pet-peeve for orcs that do the “Ay’ve got’a speech impedimen’!” - just, please… don’t do that.
    Write-ins are allowed. If you have a solid idea that you are very intrigued in- and it fits within the lore of the family feel free to write in a character.

[​IMG]
    Out of Character:

Be respectable. If you have issues with anyone, please DM me so I can sort it out peacefully without the backlash of an argument or fight.
    Be driven. It’s ironic for me to state that you should stay consistent with your character- though, I’ve played Kalmar for almost three years now, and it has gotten me far. If you are consistent- I promise good things to come of it.
    Be open to failing. Playing a unique race that is the Orc comes with a lot of ambition being stopped short. The key is to find ways to climb over these obstacles in-character.
    Must have discord. I don’t imagine why you wouldn’t have it. It’s a necessity to communicate with me / other members.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

** I will be very strict with the recruiting process of this house, it needs to be to a certain standard in which I can trust the player to portray the name I’ve built up for years **
    • IGN: (In-Game-Name)
    • Discord: (Self-Explanatory)
    • References: (Not needed if you're confident)
    • Roleplay Strength: (One strength you believe you have in RP)
    • Roleplay Weakness: (One weakness you believe you have in RP)
    • Server Punishments?: (Can DM them to me)
    • Character: (Character you're applying for)
    • What will you add to the House?: (Give me decent reasoning for what you'll add to the house)
    • Short description of intended ambitions: (What do you plan to do with the character?)
    [​IMG]

• Powerful x 12
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Immersive x 1
    • Cuddles! x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    #1 TalkChat, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  2. TalkChat

Reserved.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  3. TalkChat

Update: This house is now Aristocracy, taking claim over the Medway Polorcs and the western part of Veerland.

We're still accepting new members, if you're interested make sure to apply!

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  4. TalkChat

Update: This house now is a noble family, and is under a Baron title. We're still recruiting if you are interested!

5. Ottorintsu

Ottorintsu

IGN: Ottorintsu
    Discord: You have it.
    References: None.
    Roleplay Strength: I believe myself to be quite experienced when it comes to delivering proper detail and well-crafted emotes, and I do so without bogging down roleplay too much and still making them accessible and easy to understand. I also like to think I'm rather versatile when it comes to in-character predicaments and solutions to ongoing issues — And I actively enjoy being challenged in that regard; keeping a cool head despite what would otherwise be a stressful IC predicament.
    Roleplay Weakness: My biggest weakness, I would say, is my inherent inexperience when it comes to Massivecraft noble politics. Though I've participated in noble families in the past, my experience is rather limited and my contact with the noble community relatively shortlived. What this leads to is the fact that I often tend to hit a wall when roleplaying a noble character; that is, I find myself at a loss on what to pursue and what to do, out of inexperience or perhaps the inability to properly see my options.
    Server Punishments?: None.
    Character: Auvron Lok-Guthrain.
    What will you add to the House?: Beyond what we already privately discussed, I fully intend to pursue a different direction from other House members, intending to involve my character in other aspects of Regalian politics in order to extend the overall reach of the House's influence.
    Short description of intended ambitions: I intend to take Auvron in a different direction than what previously expected of an Orcon; the character will want to distance their own identity from Kalmar's influence and power, pursuing instead a career in military strategy and command and finding himself a place in the Regalian Empire of his own accord, rather than following in the footsteps of his father and relying on his influence. In other words, though Auvron holds no real animosity towards Kalmar, he wants to shape himself into a proper, but different heir to House Guthrain. One, perhaps, more focused towards inclusion in the Regalian Empire.

6. TalkChat

Two week trial as previously discussed. After this two week trial I will send you a list of pros and cons I’ve experienced from me and others that you’ve RP’d with to give you the best feedback I can.

7. Carcalla

Carcalla Resident Troll

• IGN: Carcalla
    • Discord: You have it fam
    • References: @FlossyBerryRene @Springheel @Senpah
    • Roleplay Strength: I’d say that I’m really good at Social RP, I’m running two businesses as Enki and I find it really fun to connect with players ICly. Stuff like that I think I’m really good at, as well as getting along with other people for the most part.
    • Roleplay Weakness: I think that one of my biggest weaknesses is that I’m not too too familiar with the noble scene, Enki is kind of there but not really. Though I do think I can work on that and I’m confident enough to give it my best shot.
    • Server Punishments?: None
    • Character: Anshar Xol-Guthrain (First Cousin)
    • What will you add to the House?: I think what I can add to the house is the fact that I’m not only very active, but I’ve been recruiting orcs as Enki left and right. I think that I can keep doing that and keep bringing new people into the orc community, I intend to do that. I also think that I could run the House Guard or at least contribute to that and lead it pretty effectively, as I know a lot of people who not only intend to get into the house guard, but a lot of the guards themselves. That is what I’d like to do, if you don’t think I can do that yet that’s entirely fine and won’t affect the character all that much.
    • Short description of intended ambitions: My primary ambition with this character is to make him sort of the patriotic soldier archetype, so like, a guard or mercenary for profession. Basically a good intended orc that’d do just about anything for his house and his race, those come first to him. There is a chance I’d use him in progressions, but more of a soldier serving in a Mercenary band then this leader itself. This would also be a character that would participate in events or things of that nature, someone who can be fluid despite being a CRP character. One thing I will not do is make him the atypical “rawh Im a big strong orc and i could kill all of you with one hit!” That’s not my style, it’d more be an obedient soldier than anything.
    @TalkChat

8. TalkChat

Two-week trial as previously discussed. After this two week trial, I will send you a list of pros and cons I’ve experienced from me and others that you’ve RP’d with to give you the best feedback I can.