The Ceardian Reconquista

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Mad_Gadfly, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Mad_Gadfly

Mad_Gadfly ◢◤

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The loyalty of the Ceardian continent was a jewel of the Regalian crown. As the ancestral home of Ailor, and the childhood home of many still alive today, the connection we have with the continent is undeniable. Unfortunately, the efforts to reclaim Ceardia from the demonic conditions that plague it have been severely underfunded through the du Brierust, Peirgarten, and Delmotte chancelleries. The consequence of these conditions is that our last few outposts in Ceardia are nearly completely ruined, and the remaining communities face the threat of constant famines.

Ex-Lord Chancellor Delmotte and the Regalian Judiciary, however, made of me a tool for the Ceardian reclamation effort. Their actions have allowed Lord Chancellor von Drachenburg to task me with the reconstruction and alleviation of the Ceardian forts and famine. However, the State is unable to finance this effort due to budgetary difficulties. Therefore, the Lord Chancellor has recommended that House Kreiburg use their own men, their own finances, and their own supplies in order to fulfill this mission within the next 14 days, or else we shall face legal consequences.

As the public already knows, the archipelago is currently under the threat of private war. For this reason, I have advised that it would be unwise for House Kreiburg to leave their land undefended and without supplies. Regardless, since House Kreiburg has only been recently ennobled, the necessary funds for such a project simply do not exist. Fortunately, the Lord Chancellor also suggested that finances may be acquired from the Finance Reichsrat Minister. I will make sure to inform the public of any agreement we come to with the Finance Reichsrat Minister, as I believe we should all enthusiastically support anyone providing assistance in this historic effort.

I petition the nobility of the Crown Isle to make a small donation to the cause. If you do not have regals to spare, please consider sending construction materials and non-perishable foods instead. Donors will be celebrated in a public announcement before we leave for Ceardia. Furthermore, if you are a Regalian citizen skilled in construction and agriculture that would like to travel to Ceardia as part of this humanitarian mission, please send me a letter. I also encourage mercenary companies to reach out if they are interested in providing security while we rebuild the Ceardian fortresses and farms.

Since Ceardia has been corrupted by magic and the void, scholars of the Arcane are also encouraged to send me a letter should they wish to form part of this expedition. I hope that they may work together with the mercenaries to provide effective security against magical threats. Applications will close on Saturday, the 4th of July, at noon ((EST)).

Sincerely,
    Isidoro Playero
    If you are interested in participating, please respond to this thread with your letter before 12PM EST on July 4.

• Powerful Powerful x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

The Turall Playero nodded at the notice, pulling a piece of paper from his desk to start writing.

To my Cousin,

You know I'm joining you. Sign me up.

Maikel Playero

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Anseran

Anseran Ifrit Enthusiast

"Dear Isidoro,

Yes, to help those struggling under the horrors' tyranny.
    Signed,
    Osira Lae'rinsyr"​

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. bwmwags3

bwmwags3 Refugee

“Trying to turn his punishment and Hochmiester’s into another cause which to bear a fake poetic attachment. You would think he had power,” The Url laughs. “He is many things but one can never say he is not persistent, take Hochmiester with you he is the supposed to be reclaim that nation. Abandon your wars Hochmiester and fight a actual enemy of your warped version of the faith.”

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  5. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

Rumors would pass around the city, stating that before the Chancellor departed to Berge that morning, he gave a simple nod of confirmation before responding with a final remark.

"My largest concern is that we reestablish our position in the region. For far too long have we been idle in our attempts to take back what is rightfully ours by birthright. If Playero is able to fulfill this mission, he will be one step closer to fulfilling his services. May Zenithia once again fly the Tyrian and Gold banners, and may these colors soon wave on every shore of the Old Continent. "

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. RadioMike99

RadioMike99

Sitting in his house, pipe in hand Gerralt reaches into the drawer grabbing a pen and paper writing;

" Dear Isidoro,

I know the Ceardian Colonies better than anyone and even though I am not a supporter of the imperialist nobles my people are suffering and this is my best chance to aid them. I am willing to do whatever is needed in the area as I was a lumberman and a captain of a small militia in what was once my home town. The area's native flora and fauna are already extremely dangerous, but Bone Horrors and Bandits lurk deep in the woods. This mission is one the nobles should have put together long ago, but their lifestyles come first. As I write this letter I hope we are able to get a group together fast enough, because my biggest fear is that we are too late.

Sincerly,
    Gerralt

P.S. My damn hookah has run dry. Got any juice?
    "

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Clewii

Clewii Woman

As the Guard of House Kreiburg has been encouraged to do, I volunteer myself for the expedition, in the hopes that my fellowmen will do the same.

Caeda T'leuryn​
    After sealing the envelope, Caeda turned to the Captain of the Guard, jabbing a finger into her chest. “Now it’s your turn.”

@m00m1npl8yz

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. HybrisVT

HybrisVT A totally serious person.

Anika Kreiburg would sign up after speaking with Isidoro the previous day.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

After speaking to Isidoro, Alaric signed away.
    "Let's get this started."

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Miracle678

Miracle678 Your local holy knight

Sandro leaned back in the chair oh his beloved Time's Sweethert, grabbing a pen and letting out a sigh before beginning to write "Course it has to be in common."
    I would like to sign myself up for this here journey you all have planned. I am a loyal blade and captain to the Kreiburg family and would gladly pledge my ship to the expedition be it believed to be of use.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

A letter would appear, addressed to Isidoro Playero. The parchment would be sealed with the imagery of a wax lightning bolt.

To Isidoro Playero,

I would see the birthplace of Ailordom purged of the Void and the corruption that has long occupied it. Your mission is important, even if it was not bestowed upon you by choice.

I hope this finds you well,
    Wilvamair Arnyn
    Man-at-arms of Bloodcast
    Lieutenant Commander of the Arcanum
    Palest to Reimar Typhonus
    Royal Gallovian Guard

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ThePear

ThePear Pear

Dear Isidoro

I would love to join you

Signed, Jack Velcantine
    Not the other guy

• Winner Winner x 1
    #12 ThePear, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  13. KrakenLord01

KrakenLord01 That Guy

A letter would make its way to the desk of Isidoro Playero, a humble Guneyce seal on the top:

For Isidoro Playero,

I've taken notice of your announced efforts to reclaim Ceardia from the forces of the Void, and I hope to write my offer to contribute myself to the expedition. Though I am not from Regalia, my people claim ancestry from the shores of Ceardia all the same, and I believe it to be my sacred duty to help fight whatever evils have taken the continent.

Insharadan,

Ibrahim Batunoglu
    Grand Imam of Regalia
    Man-at-Arms of the Bloodcast Order

• Like Like x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Beleiver

Beleiver I'm a Believer

A letter would find its way to the Playeros. The letter was sealed with a small amount of green wax, and tied shut with a green ribbon, a neat bow tied on the back side of the envelope. On the wax, the sigil of a Hummingbird was present- a Sigil of House de Pierre. All the letters on the letter were written in a green ink.

"Dear Isidoro Playero,

I write to you to ask to join you. I despise the void, and magic of that origin. So sign me up already, what are you waiting for?

Spirits Blessings,

Galejin de Pierre."

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

The Protector would look to his Lord Chancellor brother with slight disappointment in his lips,
    "If only this effort of Playero was anything but his usual slime. I have yet to meet a Daen that doesn't use their words to twist the truth, perhaps he will be able to convince people to aid in his sentence. Certainly a venture to claim the lives of many if done too quickly, carried forward by hubris and a false sense of purpose. Ceardia will be conquered, but will Playero survive? Will any of these 'volunteers' survive? Who is to say. I will be looking at this with mild interest at best as I can barely stand to hear the words spewing forth from his mouth like a fractured sea wall behind a poisoned river."

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. KittyPoppins

KittyPoppins Queen of Azuria

To Isidoro Playero,

I am fairly interested in joining'. Sign me up?

From, Ingrid Lagerkvist

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Lewis_McEnd

Lewis_McEnd Stringpuller

The Dorkarth Brood would look over, before writing his answer to this request.

"To Isidoro Playero.

Senor Playero, you've probably heard of my intentions.
    I am willing to assist as good as possible.

Spirit Prevails,

Azrhael Gomorrha"

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. LeonIsLame

LeonIsLame little german boy

To Isidoro Playero,

I would like to take the opportunity and travel to Ceardia. That is, if none of your companions mind a Kathar. I would like to witness the void influence in the lands of Ceardia. If you let me accompany you, I'd help you in your mission of course and lend you my expertise on all things void.

Signed,
    Sylveia Maevirr

Ps. I'd like you to consider the following: If you decline my offer, I do not lose anything. You, on the other hand, would lose a capable swordsman and someone with knowledge of the void. Keep that in mind.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. YoitsKing

YoitsKing The Strong Will Bend The Weak

Dear Isidoro,

My name is Hanz Rosengart. Im asking you for your permission to send me on this journey. I think I could be a useful man to have onboard and It would give me more experience in the world.

Sincerely, Hanz Rosengart

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Nathan1012

Nathan1012 cinnamon

Darian Esva Ralokan would get to work on penning a letter promptly;

Dear Isidoro Playero,

My name is Darian Ralokan. I am well learned in the ways of Dimenthism and Eventism, and understand the nature of the Void and Exist realms very well. Additionally, I am experienced in both flora and fauna care. I also have learned Lightness Sorcery to my fullest possibility and Lightgiver Ritualism, these abilities will help ward off the voidal corruption as the Exist, in some cases, has a property to resist the void. I hope that I can be of great use to your expedition.

(https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/darian-esva-ralokan.84950/)

With best regards,
    Darian Esva Ralokan

• Like Like x 1
  21. onlyathot

onlyathot the thottiest of them all

Within a sealed scroll bearing a silver wax stamp of an oak tree, read:

To the Mister Playero,

I write to you because I would like to provide my skills as one trained with the blade and knowledge of some minor magics, I wish to prove my use to the holy mission of reclaiming land for the Spirit.

[​IMG]
    I look forward to hearing from you,
    Natalia Ombre
    Man at Arms of the Bloodcast Order

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. tin77

tin77 The Tin Can Man

After sitting alone in his room for at least half an hour in reflection, Armando would begin to write his letter, although with some reluctance.

Dear Isidoro,

As much as I could use a break from this never-ending stream of events coming our way, you know I would find it difficult to let that boat sail away without me on it. I hope I can be of some assistance and that this expedition can play as smoothly as possible, but I must admit that I write that without much confidence. Besides, a land of corruption and plague seems like a vacation in comparison to this place. May we venture forth as a family.

In all honesty though, did I even have a choice in the first place?

Signed,
    Armando Playero

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1