The Imperial Times | Fashion Issue #1

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by KK134, Jun 6, 2020.

1. KK134

KK134 Regalian Pioneer

Saturday, 6 June, 308 AC - 2 Regals - Special Issue

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On Fashion and Styles within Current Events

~6 June, 308~
    By: Sir Merdoc Slumberwood, Chief Fashion Correspondent.​

Due to the decline of all existing Ithanian houses within the imperial city and souring relations with the Ithanian city-states in the west, it is expected that the use of silk in fashion within the holy city will begin a decline. In addition to this, due to the decline of most notable female Ithanians from power, it is predicted that the culture’s already unpopular form-fitting styles will fall quickly into disuse in the city as its last advocates are no longer in the public eye. It can be seen by all those spectating this fall in popularity that with the recession of Ithanian styles from the court, Imperial styles have started to fill the void left.

With the decline of House Du Brierust from the nobility, House Peirgarten remains the last pillar of Leutz-Vixe culture within the city. While House Ravenstad, of course, remains a major producer of fabrics and silk it is no longer present in the city leaving the sole proprietorship of this culture and its styles within the holy city to the Countess-Electress Peirgarten. It remains to be seen whether the bright pink and gold fine fabrics of this culture will return to their place of functional dominance over all aspects of court art and fashion or be overtaken by the rising Imperial and New Regalian fashions.

New Regalian fashion has been seen throughout the holy city in the past months in a dramatic spike both among the peerage and common people. Despite the obvious nature of this shift, it is not known whether this can be attributed to the rise of many of House Typhonus’ members to titled status or the Lord Chancellor Von Drachenburg’s election and the rallying of support for New Regalian culture that undoubtedly must have occurred within the city prior to that. Whatever the reason, the results are clearly seen with many among the peerage prominently displaying Calemberger furs and pelts in their outfits and the average person is unable to walk more than 15 paces in the Imperial Isle without seeing a commoner wearing the distinctive Waldmann vest. This coupled with the gradual increase in the use of draping skirts and sashes around the waist which clearly take inspiration from the Cadarwald style among the nobility, has produced a wave of New Regalian styles inside and outside the court.

It has come as no surprise that after the successful and quite popular chancellery of Prince Delmotte that a surge in Imperial styles among the residents of the holy city has been seen. One can expect to see Kadite becoming a rare material in the markets of the city as those who embrace the culture begin to scour market stalls for it. What one might find most surprising is the growing prevalence of the Imperial style among the non-Ailor of the holy city particularly the Orcs who many have been found walking about in the distinctive purple and black vests of the culture with gold Imperial accents being found at almost every turn. Whether the House Lok-Guthrain will also embrace Imperial fashion has yet to be seen but what can surely be determined is that the spike in the popularity of Imperial styles caused by the Prince Delmotte has reached even outside Ailor circles to reach the other races of the city.

Heartland Ceardian styles retain a strong presence within and without the court yet show little growth. While the Duchess-electress Black does prominently display the modest and elegant imperial silhouette style of this fashion and other members of her family act as advocates for it, the style has seen little growth outside of those born into the culture. However, it is believed that the imperial silhouette could become quite popular in other non-Heartland Ceardian social circles and may have an influential future in court fashion.

While Highland Ceardian fashion does display a strong stable influence within the royal House Howlester and those circles surrounding it, the fashion has shown little growth outside these groups. The checkered and woolen fabrics of this culture’s styles can be seen throughout those groups within court related to House Howlester but at the moment is not seen influencing many fashions outside these groups. This may be due to a lack of knowledge of the culture or the lack of familiarity with the use of a Kiltach in those not raised within the culture.

Anglian fashion is unsurprisingly unpopular at the moment this issue likely springing from its modest and dark colors being seen as too bland for court among the peerage and being seen as unappealing among the common people due to its very utilitarian nature which limits the use of eye-catching features. This is likely exacerbated by the recent treason charges against Baron Harhold which may have pushed some to abandon the fashion to avoid being seen as a supporter of the plot.

Burdigala fashion has seen a small increase in popularity in recent times likely caused by the Viscount and Viscountess Reinard’s role as public figures displaying the culture. While one may see the accents of veils and brightly colored dyes or even the far more controversial cut cotehardies among the court, many still lack an actual understanding of the culture beyond the luxury goods which its lands export. This lack of knowledge on Burdigalan nuances, traditions, and practices surely acts as a roadblock for the further expansion of Burdigala fashion into prevalence within the court.

Etosian fashion is barely, if at all, visible within the circles of the peerage and can in most cases among the common class only be found among those raised within Etosian lands with no prevalency of aspects of the culture’s styles influencing others fashion. This can be attributed to many factors most notable of them being the historical isolation of Etosians from other cultures and the fact that the noble house which rules the Etosian lands within Hellaria has worn little to no Etosian fashion and hosted no events to enlighten the peerage on the aspects of Etosian culture. This has left Etosian fashion as one of the least influential in the holy city.

Ânia fashion has seen many of its aspects influence styles within the peerage though it is not particularly popular among commoners. Its use of floral and nature-based prints and embroidery is commonly adapted to blend with other styles. Despite this, its use of headscarves is not popular among the common people or peerage. This leaves Ânia fashion in a present but neither extremely popular or unpopular position. It remains to be seen if an increase in the use of this culture’s styles and fashions will result from the recent ennoblement of the one Ânia house within the Imperial isle.

Breizh fashion has not been particularly popular among the peerage or common people in recent months. While its color scheme may be seen as appealing to many, it suffers from a lack of exposure. This coupled with the culture’s insistence on shorter hair has likely been the reason for its state of disuse among the peerage. With the recent ennoblement of House Od Albion it is believed that Breizh fashion’s presence in the Imperial Isle may increase over time though, of course, this is wholly dependent on the efforts of House Od Albion to spread knowledge about the culture and its styles.

Altalar fashions show little to no influence in Ailor circles and are not seen as common or usual culture from which to adopt styles. It is felt that this is unlikely to change due to lack of exposure of Altaan fashions or styles and lack of interest among the court or common people towards them. The Sol Avalaorn’s efforts to act as a public advocate for Altaan culture may change this but it is seen as unlikely by the Imperial Times that Altaan fashion will see any strong influence within the court due to its lack of exposure or familiarity.

-Note: Velheim fashion was not included in this issue due to its lack of defined practices or styles to judge or assess the prevalence of.-

• Powerful Powerful x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. KK134

KK134 Regalian Pioneer

Reserved

3. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

Somewhere, far off in the distance...

A Breizh Bloodcast grumbles.

4. BillyTheScruffy

BillyTheScruffy Massive's Resident Law Enthusiast

"Uh. I literally walk around with my chest out ninety percent of the time. Dyed my hair blonde. Wear literally feathers on my shoulders and I dont even get a wink in this article." The Sovereign Prince Howlester read the page aloud within the Noble Lounge.

"I'd at this point need to walk around buck nude to even get that noticed. Wheres the Eltonian segment?!"​

• Powerful Powerful x 14
  5. Ryria

Ryria i amne jusst a litle creechr

"I'm confused. He said that the Ithanian styles were in a decline and that they were falling out of popularity, but then he goes on to say our father is making them popular and everyone is wearing them? What? Am I ridiculously stupid, or does this make no sense? Answer that carefully."

@Arhbi

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

The Drachenburg Paladin frowns, "Too bloody hot for fur."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. seoulmate

seoulmate Queenbreaker

The Countess-Electress watched as the servants changed out the drapes, her slender fingers running over the deep magenta fabrics. "Thank you." she simply said as a servant brought her a jeweled encrusted goblet filled with red wine and the latest Imperial Times. She moved for the plush couches, settling down into the seat as her skirts pooled around her feet. The next few minutes were filled with hums and scoffs as her eyes took in the papers contents.

Her lips turned into a frown as she tossed the paper into the fire at her side, "The man wears colors akin to dirt and attempts to write about fashion as if he has any knowledge on the matter."

• Powerful Powerful x 6
  8. Film_Noir

Film_Noir Snowdonian Pirate

"Ah, the newspaper. The...6th of June's, in fact," Christopher mused, noting the date to by now be the 26th of June. Yes, newspapers took a while to reach him when at sea. He panned to the first mate who'd brought the newspaper to him in his ship's quarters, only to catch a glimpse of the fellow's departing back; and so he panned back to the paper again.

Readying his self to delight in the latest news and gossip from the Archipelago, he settled into his chair, reaching for a cup of the Earl Grey's famous tea (the Earl Grey being a fictitious earl of course but, regardless, it had been a clever bit of tea marketing by the Heartland Ceardians). Picking up the paper in his other hand, his eyes continued to read down the page.

"The Imperial Times. On fashion...!" By accident, he spat a small mouthful of tea out on the page, sighing as he then placed the cup and 'newspaper' down on his desk. And here he was, hoping for a good read on the latest political exploits of his family or peers; or of another impending war effort that he could join. He wasn't interested in fashion. Damn.

He rose to his feet and stretched. It was time to join the crew outside anyway and run through the rest of the day's orders. As he passed the mirror, he gave it a glance. He adjusted his overcoat and ran a hand through his hair, making sure the messy bird's nest look that he was going for was 'just right'. Certainly, this noble Heartland Ceardian wasn't interested in fashion...

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
  9. BeetrootSalad

BeetrootSalad the gremlin Supremium

“... Okay. Okay.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  10. CrimsletMonarch

CrimsletMonarch Priestess?? Dawn Songstress?? Emotional Wreck??

With the morning sun gradually reaching its apex as noon would arrive, Novellia read the article as she had tea and a light late brunch. She huffed out. "Maybe not the best topic to choose. A lot of nobility wear various styles depending on homeland, subject land, or even just general admiration. I mean.. I don't just wear Burdigalan clothing. I wear Hoglander- because I am still one. It's just too hot now that I can't wear furs. I even wear some Sihai fused with Regalia often and I'm just about to get a hang of Breizh clothing soon. Then, there..."

She continued to list down different styles, such as the Peirgartens sometimes embracing Daendroque styles or Renee Delmotte's range of fashion that isn't just limited to Imperial. Yet, she said this to not quite anyone, but to a little fur fox kit and a puppy on the ground at her feet as she was seated beside the small rounded table. It was a good morning, a fun way to sharpen her mind.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

Haeddi Harhold casted a glance to her maid as she read the paper aloud for her. All the while, the Harhold was amide getting dressed at that very moment, lacing her dress before offering a laugh out loud as the article drew to its end. “Goodness me, he is trying to tell us about fashion? Was the intend on telling us what our homeland relatives wear in general or what we should wear here in the capital? Regardless, he’s quite foolish to claim Ithanian style will go out of fashion- it has survived this long throughout the dislike of other Regalians and I believe that it will continue forth. Besides, just because there’s no fully Ithanian nobles doesn’t mean the influence isn’t there.”

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Nathan

Nathan Regalian Patrician

Theopold Kreiburg sighs in seeing no mention to the Genevaud fashion attempt.

13. _Owlet

_Owlet Nelfin Redhead

Fleur Latimer narrowed her eyes at the paticular 'Etosian' section once her father had pointed it out. Scoffing with a sigh following suit "Because our culture is definitely Etosian." She sighed, brushing her fingers through her fringe. "Imperialised Avanthar and Burdigalan doesn't sound Etosian to me, does it Father?" She pursed her lips looking to Abelhard. Folding the paper up and subsequently tossing it into their burning fireplace. "I wish I had read this properly to begin with rather than skim over it, maybe I'd have noticed this subtle jab at our family."

@festiveCorvid

• Powerful Powerful x 1