Pending Review The Reset.

Discussion in 'Factions' started by grizenator, Oct 30, 2019.

1. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

I'm writing this as both a reference point, and as an introduction to players new to this idea.
    Incase your unaware, recently there has been rather fierce debate on the topic of a server reset.
    Your first response to a 'reset' would be an instant no, we only just had one less then a year ago, you had to part with all your regals, your items, and your builds.
    Before you go all ballistic about how youll quit the server and so on, read. Take the time, see what you lose, see what you gain, and see the reasoning behind it.

What you can keep:
    -all lore items may be transitioned
    -you can request for world staff to move your build to your chosen location
    -you keep your regals

What do you lose:
    -all resources and gear
    -mcmmo stats

What do we gain?
    Accompanying the reset will be a host of gameplay updates and changes, all released at once in a bid to attract player attention. This will include:
    -1.13/1.14
    -A new world designed with 1.13/1.14 biomes and blocks, and created with the new features in mind
    -dungeons
    -Blessed war
    -New progression system
    -trait/races update
    -1.7 enchanting system
    -massivemobs

Reasoning.
    We are developing new content, it takes alot of time to refine and develop it. If we release it in a slow trickle, it wont change anything, no one comes back for small changes. However if we release it all in one big swoop it will be alot more effective at both attracting and retaining players.
    Essalonia has not aged well, its simply too large, it will eventually need to go. If we simply add a new map it wont fix any of the current gear oversupplies, and you will just end up losing your builds as Essalonia dies and is phased out.
    Our playerbase is dwindling, we need to revitalise it.
    Easier to implement gameplate features/progression systems

• Like Like x 1
    • Educated Educated x 1
  2. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

There is no poll, if you have problems/concerns, bring them up in the discussion discord

3. Oblivaify

Oblivaify Blood and Fire... Premium

I feel it's misleading to not include any sort of detail on these points, which play a key role in the acquisition of gear under your proposed reset.

If this is supposed to be utilised as a reference document for people to understand your idea or to introduce it to newer players, you can't skip over these points and present it as being the same sandbox, factions game and not dungeon-crawler esque in terms of keys and RNG.

Also for reference to the popularity of this idea among the factions community, here's the current standings of the poll: https://gyazo.com/1fe75af6aa1db90ec24d198a23f2b78c

I welcome everyone who is interested in this idea and supports it to come to the Factions Meeting at 10PM GMT, 5PM EST tonight. I'd be interested to see who more widely supports this view.

4. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

Ive addressed this multiple times before, Bonnie can vouch for that. Its not misleading because there currently is nothing, there are ideas but we are still discussing them, people have been putting forward ideas for new progression and we are discussing them on Wednesday

5. Oblivaify

Oblivaify Blood and Fire... Premium

I understand that you've addressed this multiple times on the Factions Discord, but if the purpose of this post is to act as a reference point and to introduce players to your idea, you have to include more detail than 'dungeons' and 'new progression system'.

6. Conflee

Conflee Me an the bois at 3 am lookin for BEANS!

Updating to 1.13+ isnt going to need a reset. Its already in the works, has been for months, and by the sounds of it is closing in on completion. With this we would be getting a new world to go along with Essalonia I hear, Dungeons are already coming out (one has already). We dont need races.

Basically none of your reasons have any correlation to needing a reset. At all. Even vaguely. We are getting half of them already without one.

• Constructive Constructive x 1
  7. VonZane

VonZane Lord-Commander of the Order of Val'roth

Honestly, you've sold me on it. However, I feel people lost a lot of trust in Massive during the last reset. Factions aren't willing to build grand cities anymore, and I feel another reset would cause even more distrust, and thus nobody would want to build grand factions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

We dont need a reset to implement them, we need one to attract players, a reset will also allow us much more freedom in implementing gameplay changes. how you obtain gear etc

9. SirePyro

SirePyro The Definition of Insanity

Lol no. Starting from nothing twice was enough for me

10. SignoreScafuto

SignoreScafuto MassiveCraft's token ethnic

ok necroposting noob

11. SirePyro

SirePyro The Definition of Insanity

Ever notice how staff have left more than 20 of suggestions sitting for months w/o reviewing them? If necroposting gets attention to them, then I have no qualms about it.