Escape From Hadar - The Birth Of Miris

Discussion in 'Faction Announcements' started by Neckerei, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Neckerei

Neckerei Broken Sword, Broken Spirit.

The fires burned a bright red which filled the horizon. Smoke blew into the direction of the forest blotting out the sun. House Amaran, and the city of Cadun, was lost to the hands of House Wyvern. How could Khenta’s military judgement faltered so heavily at one moment to lead to this? It doesn't matter. All he fought for was lost and somehow he lived when he should have been in those flames with the rest of the people he once called home. Without a word he watched for a moment as the red skies flickered and embers fell to the grass. He shifted his feet and picked up his battered blade and walked into the forest. He had to leave Hadar.

After what seemed like ages he stumbled upon a small port yard. It appeared to have not been affiliated with any of his enemies, nor his allies for that matter. He entered the small wooden hut that sat near the docks. The floorboards creaked with each step he took in his rugged armor.

“Can I help you, young man?” The old man behind the counter questioned Khenta as he walked into his establishment.

“I need a ticket to Essalonia please. Your earliest departure.” Khenta’s voice rang hollow with sorrow.

“Ah yes there is a ship about to leave in an hour. The rest of the passengers have boarded you'll be the last one! It's your lucky day.” The old man replied in a friendly manner.

“If you only knew. Thanks again.” Khenta’s cold hand grabbed the ticket and he gave a wave to the man behind him as he headed to the boat.

He made his way up the docks taking one last look at his new mental hell that will always be ingrained in him. As he approached the boat two young women were departing the vessel giggling and blushing with light whispers between themselves. Khenta paid no attention though. His room was easy to find one of the closest to the deck. As he made his way inside he fell flat onto his bed. He must have completely passed out as he woke up to the boat moving who knows how far into the ocean. He kept to himself for what might have been weeks inside his room. However one day he felt that he should get some fresh air. He left his room and watched the night sky from the deck of the ship. Ocean filled his view as far as he could see with the exception of a land mass ahead of them.

After gazing into the stars and catching some fresh air finally he decided to head back to his room, when all of a sudden he heard odd noises…

“What the hell is going on here?” Khenta said, raising an eyebrow in confusion as he walked into his cabin. An Avanthar was unrobed on top of an Ithanian woman. Both of them jumped up in shock and embarrassment.

The Avanthar and the woman looked at each other trying to cover with sheets. One finally spoke up, “I thought this was your room?” The Avanthar said to the girl.

“But i thought this was your room!” The girl shrieked in horror. Both their faces turned bright red.

Khenta just sighed.
    “Well if you're going to do it in my room. At least move the fuck off my bed.” Without a care he pushed the two off so he could lie down and go back to bed. The Avanthar seemed to brush it off and wanted to keep going, however the girl quickly lost interest after the encounter. It seemed however, that the girls shriek alarmed the captain as he barged into the room to investigate.

“Isabel what are you doing!” He asked in horror at the sight. Khenta just lied there in the bed resting as if he somehow fell asleep during the altercation.

“Dad this isn't what it looks like!” The girl embarrassingly tried to defend herself, when the captain's hand grabbed the Avanthar by the hair, ripping him off his daughter.

Filthy creature! You dare defile my daughter! I hope you get eaten by the sharks!” The captain yelled as he drug the Avanthar by the hair and tossed him overboard.

The land mass was in closer view but it would still be a fair distance away. The girl scurried off in a hurry and the captain followed. This all wasn't worth the trouble for Khenta. Morning fell and the ship was silent in a small Essalonia harbor. Khenta grabbed his things and slowly hopped off the boat onto the dock. He began his way up the dock onto the sandy beaches when he saw yet again that Avanthar that disrupted his night. Surprised he was still alive Khenta thought.

“You! You're the one from last night!” The Avanthar flamboyantly and loudly shouted towards Khenta.

Khenta rolled his eyes in frustration.
    “Ah yes, and you’re the one who decided to fuck on my nice bed.”

“Well...nevermind that! My name is Revalor Saelethil Valran!” He once again shouted as he sprinted up to Khenta and extended his hand out for a handshake.

“I'd rather not.” He looked down at his hand wondering god knows where it's been. “My name is Khenta. Now please get hell away from me.”

“You don't have to be so rude Khenta! It was an honest mistake!” He cried out to him.

“I wasn't rude, I said please.” Khenta replied with a snarky cold tone.

“Look i know we got off on the wrong foot, well actually it wasn't a foot at all it was my d- nevermind, but I can't survive on my own out here in these wild lands! You look like a warrior, you can help me! You must!” Revalor begged Khenta to tag along on his journey.

“No. Fuck off. As annoying as you are if these lands don't kill you there's a better chance I will. Now beat it.” Khenta firmly rejected. However the elf insisted. Despite Khenta’s attempt to just continue on his journey the little pest kept following him.

“Ugh. If you're going to bother me by coming can you at least be useful?” His gaze kept forward trying his hardest to just ignore the little bastard.

“Well…” He stuttered and paused for a moment “I can bed nearly any woman….” The last statement he said with a resounding confidence and pride.

Khenta just sighed in disbelief and facepalmed in frustration. “How on Aloria does that help us.”

“Oh and medicine! I know medicine as well, I'm a scholar!” As Revalor seemingly somehow forgot that part of his life.

“Maybe you have some use after all.” They were approaching a town in the distance on the North Eastern-ish plains of Essalonia.

The town as they entered was quite, yet well established. “We're stopping here.” Khenta informed Revalor.

“But why? We can keep going surely? On second thought maybe there's some ladies here…” Revalor began to protest but quickly came on board with the idea of possible lady friends in the tavern.

“Because dealing with you has driven me to drink.” Khenta was obviously being sarcastic.

The tavern bustled with people. The barkeep greeted the pair as they sat at the bar. “Welcome to the best bar in the Kaiserreich! What can I getcha?” A lady sat next to Revalor on the right. She was a tan skinned Qadir woman with a defining tattoo on the shaved part of her head showing ember cogs. Her clothes were a darker brown slightly more dark than her skin, yet slightly lighter than her hair.

It didn't take much for Revalor to immediately notice her and plot his move. Without even saying a word prior, he reached his arm around her waist before trying to slide in a smooth “Hey.” Apparently Revalor’s moves were not as good as he thought, because before anyone could react the Qadir had Revalor on the floor with a spear to his throat.

“Who do you think you are to put your hands on me you filthy magus! I could have your head right here. Right now! Speak!” The girl's voice filled the tavern with a stirn and fierce tone.

Khenta let out a sigh of frustration. “Don't kill him. He's just an idiot.” He said nearly half-assing a defense of Revalor.

“Oh- I could get used to this” Revalor let out in a low tone under the Qadir’s boot.

She let off of him but only after a rough stomp to his chest. “You filthy knife-ear. Don’t ever touch me again. Get up and pay for my drink or I’ll cut out your tongue so you can no longer use it.”

“Thank you for letting my idiot go. My name is Khenta. That is Revalor.” Khenta sat focused calmly on his gin. Revalor let off a puny little wave to the Qadir.

“Name’s Zeena. You two must be new around here.” She explained. “The people here are on edge. There is mass fighting between armies in and around the city.”

“S-see! I told you I'd need protecting!” Revalor spoke up.

“You wouldn't need as much protecting if you'd somehow stop making everyone despise you.” Khenta argued in response.

“You look like you are going to be adventuring around then. The mercenary band I ran with has divided over the years. I don't believe it will make it much longer. I believe it is wise to begin to look elsewhere.” Zee explained with a look of sorrow on her face.”Perhaps I could join you two? You seem decent Khenta, I can't say the same for the filthy Avanthar though...:”

Khenta paused for a moment and stared into his glass comprehending her offer. “Of course i could always use more warriors, and it would be nicer than being alone with him….” A flash of annoyance filled Khenta’s eyes. “Welp we've been here too long anyway so i advise you get your things if you wish to come with us.” Khenta looked around the room for Revalor only to see him mingling with a girl or two across the bar. Khenta, getting increasingly frustrated, grabbed the elf by the hair and drug him out of the tavern along with Zee.

They headed west and slightly north. “Careful, this is the war zone between the many warring kingdoms and Steadfast. We should be cautious or we might be mistaken for enemy soldiers and ambushed.” Zee warned the two before rerouting them to a safer route. Eventually without major incident the three made it to the Northern West Essalonia. Khenta, deciding to settle down and build for a future to atone for his past began to settle. Zee was happy to finally have a place to her own now, and the two begrudgingly tolerated Revalor. Khenta wouldn't admit it but he began to have a soft spot for the young elf.

Months passed by and the little settlement had become an expanding city. All had been quiet and not much interactions with the outside world had occurred. The two were now his trusted advisors in the small empire they were creating. The beginning of Miris all would remain peaceful, until one day when a mysterious boat entered their waters….

To Be Continued… (Azuria-Miris Treaty)
    Revalor - @TakeDown__
    Zee - @Julu8
    Khenta - @Neckerei

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. KittyPoppins

KittyPoppins Queen of Azuria

Masika and Akila says hellur

3. KittyPoppins

KittyPoppins Queen of Azuria

Masika will aggressively flirt back at Revalor and Akila will throw terra-cotta pots at the man.

4. gioem

gioem Enthusiasm Enthusiast

i live for posts like these. great job neckerei.

5. Commanderkull

Commanderkull Vasch: Demon of Valyria and King of Necimus