Pending Review Repair Rate 100% Again

Discussion in 'Server' started by RockBottom, Mar 22, 2020.

?

Should the repair rate be changed?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    65.5%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    34.5%
  1. RockBottom

RockBottom

The McMMO repair stat should have a 100% repair rate at level 1k again.

Massive decreased the repair rate to 99.5% on May 11th 2019.

This change was created to prevent "over-saturation of god armor".

Since this implementation, there has been a negligent difference in the saturation of god armor in the market, however it has had a much greater negative effect on the survival experience on MassiveCraft.

Most people on Massive no longer use their god gear because of the huge inconvenience that repairing and re-enchanting is on the server. It has not made god armor/tools any more rare, but rather changed the behavior of the consumers to be a lot more cautious of when they use their armor.

Some examples of times this change has negatively affected the survival experience:​
    • Dark rooming
      • People used to use their god armor to dark room, now everyone I see only uses un-enchanted diamond armor
    • Excavation
      • Excavation used to be a lot more productive of an activity, as you could fix your gear with the diamonds you acquire from excavation
    • Pvp
      • Why would anyone want to pvp if there is a net loss of gear regardless of your success in battle?
      • Even if you are the victor of a tough battle, you will likely end up having to make more god armor because your old set is in poor condition
    This brings me to my second point; why would I buy god gear, when creating it is so easy. God gear is a pain in the derriere to make, but it really only takes a few minutes when darkroom spawns are good.

It's preferable to construct ones own god gear, from a value of labor perspective, than to buy it. Even easier is to enchant a bunch of books and just re-enchant all the enchants you lose while repairing. With this in mind why should I have to interrupt whatever I'm doing to make/remake gear I already have?

This just ruins the flow of game-play, and creates unnecessary labor that most people would rather postpone. I have found most if not all the people I encounter on Massive circumvent this issue by using garbage gear on the day to day and use their god gear only when absolutely needed. These worries would be nonexistent if repair was made

With these statements I expect a valid, but misguided criticism:
    "If making new gear or re-enchanting your downgraded gear is such a pain, why not just buy new gear? That's why the change was implemented in the first place."

No one in their right mind would pay for something they can so easily get themselves. People mainly buy good gear on two occasions:​
    1. If you need gear in bulk and don't have the time to make it all or the energy
    2. If you need the gear urgently
    Neither of these situations are affected by the repair repair being 100%. In any other situations making the gear would be more practical.

Again, my main complaint about how things currently are on massive is how much it disrupts my activities either by having to fix my gear after, or because I would rather not use it than deal with fixing it.

Please leave your thoughts below. I hope to see as much support as I do in game in this forum!​

• Constructive Constructive x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    #1 RockBottom, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  2. Emkaloua

Emkaloua Regalian Senator

Plus, repairing damaged lore items less terrifying

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ndfeb

Ndfeb CEO of Lyrah

While you're at it just disable durability, or just make massivecraft a creative server if you can't handle having to do anything at all.

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

iron armor should be the same as diamond

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. RockBottom

RockBottom

I handled getting my repair to 1k, and I still have plenty of God Gear.

Your comment totally misses the point. That or you are attacking a straw-man instead of taking the effort to attack my actual argument.

In fact I I opened by saying god gear is not rare. You didn't even read past the title.

6. Ndfeb

Ndfeb CEO of Lyrah

Getting repair to 1k is child's play with the bs chain armor stuff.
    God gear isn't rare because repair is still massively overpowered and everyone stocked up on dubs upon dubs of the stuff.
    I have read your entire thing and most of it is crap. The only people i know who don't use god gear because they might lose it are either cameroon levels of poor or dumb in the head. In addition i actually sell quite some god gear right now, while i couldn't get rid of the stuff for dirt prices before.

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  7. RockBottom

RockBottom

Post hoc ergo propter hoc. Since the reset, prices and demand have been very different. Not to mention competition is not as high now, which could lead to higher sales for you. Your sales increasing is not evidence of the repair rate helping anyone, not even you, there are other factors to consider.

Also considering you make and sell god gear of course your perceived inconvenience is minor, as it is something you grind anyway, but for people who would rather not spend every second in a darkroom (you have 1.7k axes and 1.4k swords, darkrooming is obviously something you enjoy doing), the repair nerf is garbage.

The experience on massive would be a lot more enjoyable for the majority of players if the constant repair of god gear stopped getting in the way of every other activity, the way it used to be.

Sorry if that hurts your bottom line.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  8. z1z0u

z1z0u Premium

Well in my oppinion this is a really bad thing for MassiveCraft. That will collapse the enchanted items market by 80% making God Tools, Weapons, Armors not worthy.

The consequences:

1. Enchanted Items will sell by 60% harder than now at least.
    2. Prices will fall down by 30-50% of it's value right now
    3. This will increase the "Repair Market" but it will be saturated in 2-3 months when more and more players will be lvl 1000 at repair. Due to increased repair farming of the skill.
    4. Diamond / Iron / Gold Prices will suffer an increased price because of repair grinding.

My suggestion about reworking repair.

1. Repair cap rate 70%.
    2. Any item should be repaired from just one try, as long as u got enought matterials in hand. like ... to repair a chestplate complete damaged u need to repair it for a few times, let's say 5, why not making it like you got the diamonds in your inventory and with just one try , repair it full and taking directly the all 5 diamonds from your inv.

This should be a main feature to make up for the 70% rate.

3. Make a new donation of about x$ where you can give all server 30 minutes of increased repair rate by 25/30 % ( so that only players with skill 1000 should have 95 / 100 % repair rate while this bonus is increased.). This way you can get a new donation for server support and maintenance.

Ofcourse percentages can be changed/adjusted by staff as they think it might be good if this is anyway going to be implemented.

One important tip: Players might not welcome this change of repair skill, this has to be done in a good manner... it's a bit tricky here

9. SignoreScafuto

SignoreScafuto MassiveCraft's token ethnic

this last point didn't make sense as a con, the higher prices are for things because things are worth more, price increases are only bad when an economy's currency is increasing inflation, as that's artificial price increases and not necessarily reflective of a products value

10. z1z0u

z1z0u Premium

Yeah but there will be artificial increase of price at the moment of grinding. The price is not set by the value, but by demand, it's been allways like that in minecraft at least. (If there would be a daily tax of 20 diamonds to keep faction alive... the diamond market would increase by at least 50% )

Right now, some people grind repair skill passive (and I think most of them). In the moment of increasing to 100% repair rate, if it will ever be done, a part of players will start grinding repair skill active so they can repair enchanted items.

Now imagine that you're a merchant and seeing that diamonds start selling really well and the stock runs faster than you can replenish... what would you do ? Increase the price up to the ammount where there is a constant flux.

As I said this is my oppinion and the reason I mentioned the 4th point, is writen above.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jackmo_Jones

Jackmo_Jones He's the Ripper, Jack the Ripper.

Orrrr we could just bring back /fix. Give like 100 or 200 a day free then 1 regal per 1% of repair after that... like the good old days.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  12. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

I don't think any change in terms of repair would stop diamond hyper-inflation- it's just too easy a material to get that flow in is massively larger than flow out

13. RockBottom

RockBottom

Where do those numbers come from?

14. XxXYaJrAbXxX

XxXYaJrAbXxX Kingdoms Baby!

I think half the reason people aren't buying stuff at the moment is because no one is stocking their shops full of these items. I have no gear what so ever apart from 1 set of god armor however every time I go to the market in Massive to buy god weapons1, every shop is sold out or maybe 1 shop is selling a god sword.

Also people raid/get raided so people are always going to lose their items. Increasing repair rate to 100% isn't going to affect the demand because of the reason of raiding and PvP.

Also, we are getting new members every day. The first thing they are going to want to do especially as a PvPer is stock up. If I had the money now, I would buy a dub chest of god armor, god swords, god axes and god bows right now. If that is 100r per weapon and 100r for a full set of god armor, a dub of everything is 21.6kr into the economy per player.