Rejected Server Rework

Discussion in 'Factions' started by VonZane, Dec 3, 2019.

?

Would you be interested in something similar to this happen?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe, if done differently. (Please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VonZane

VonZane Lord-Commander of the Order of Val'roth

This'll almost certainly get a lot of hate, but here it goes.
    Delete Regalia, and create several new factions worlds. In the spawn for each world, make a roleplay city, not the size of regalia, but a city per world that's considered a peaceful territory. Having multiple cities would lessen the amount of lag per world. Treat said cities like Regalia is treated now, with rentable houses, market stalls, etc. Make faction-based lore a bit more strict (or Regalian lore a bit less strict) to allow facs to become cross-canon, possibly making them intertwine. Maybe allow pvp events in the cities during certain times (maybe once a month or so), allowing some factions to ally & defend or enemy & attack the cities. This would create natural conflict between the facs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

This would be pretty cool tbh, but I think it would provide some serious issues when it comes to Roleplay. Part of why Regalia keeps itself running (for the most part) is that it's an ecosystem of sorts, which player density is high enough to create factions and guilds, and inevitably bring them into contact with each other due to the concentrated nature of the single city system. A good example of this would be the guards vs criminals antics that happens daily in the city. If you split that up into multiple cities in different locations, I'm not really sure that Massivecraft has the player count to sustain all of them equally, and you'd likely just see everyone flocking back to a central city eventually, with the rest left abandoned. Kinda like what happened in Factions, where everyone eventually went to Teled Methen / Fendarfell and worlds like Hyarroc, Jorrhildr and Ithania were abandoned.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oblivaify

Oblivaify Blood and Fire... Premium

Bring back the teleporting boats from the old server, do away with /tp hub that makes it seem like it's two different servers. Also like this idea but it's going to get struck down because it's a logistical nightmare to execute :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. VonZane

I was thinking of that also when considering the details. What I thought might solve that to a point is to create a draw seen in one city, but not another. Like make each city unique in its own race, style, laws, etc. I've seen it done on a competing roleplay server, and it turned out to work better than I thought it would. Also, people do congregate at a single city, but if the two cities are at "war" with each other, it'll naturally create a war division between the cities, and people will begin to pick sides.

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  5. VonZane

I like that idea tbh, the hub really does feel like it divides the rp and factions into two different servers.

6. Conflee

Conflee Me an the bois at 3 am lookin for BEANS!

Regalia survives mostly because of how centralized it is. To the point that it was rebuilt a year ago to make it more compact and easier to navigate. In the ideal world where we have a huge playerbase, Id be 100% down for interconnected factions-rp worlds where every faction map is centered on a big RP city but its not really feasible- playerbase wise or tech wise honestly (would be laggy af).

7. NebulaePrimo

NebulaePrimo The Everwatcher :powerful:

Like the other rpers here, while I think this idea is great in theory, but in practice rp wouldn't work well this way, basically for the reasons Winterless and Conf mentioned. What might work better, however, is if the spawn of the factions land was also an rp zone where people could get different kinds of rp since the area wouldn't be as heavily guarded, etc. However, the idea could be compared to the 1920s AU, where interest was high for a few weeks, before everyone moved back to Regalia. Either way, I'd love to see factions develop some more lore, I think it would draw new players in and give factions new goals they could set up themselves and try and achieve.

The problem with making too many cities with different laws and race makeups and other differences is quite simple: we basically only have the playerbase to support two, max. Plus, the more different places there are, the higher the barrier to enter rp, since now you have to learn a lot more information in order to be able to play.

8. MyCatBubbles

MyCatBubbles Massivecrafts Schizo

I think if I'm correct Marty said that the AU actually brought players to massive, the only issue was that there were no events, or anything happening except for just casual rp, making it die rather quickly, not because it was splitting up the rp hotspots. I don't think deleting Regalia is a good idea, but I really support remaking the og rppvp factions that used to make massive great years ago because they could fill niches that aren't filled in Regalia (Try being as something as simple as a vocal liberal in Regalia without being a criminal, or a simple dwarf fortress larper, good luck). Alot of factions could fill those niches, probably better than Regalia and lore staff could if you're talking with the right players, and as they're faction players, they damn well could make them active and full of events, but with how the current landscape is that completely shits on rppvp factions you're kinda left in the dirt and there's really no way to interact with the world at large, CoK/CoN was a step in the right direction, but there really wasn't any serious quality control outside of 'have a medieval name' and 'dont be emperor or king xd' even then it was just a pvper point grind.

• Constructive Constructive x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #8 MyCatBubbles, Dec 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  9. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

This would definitely add some more cohesiveness

10. SirePyro

SirePyro The Definition of Insanity

Alternatively enable PvP in Regalia. The roleplayers would come running to factions RQ.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Winterless

no

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. MyCatBubbles

why not?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Winterless

because changes should be made in factions to benefit factions

swiping out the main place of gameplay for 100+ people won't do the server any good

14. MyCatBubbles

are you saying im incapable of emoting every swing i make on a player in regalia

• Immersive Immersive x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.