The Imperial Times ~ Breaking News V. 1

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by canaaa, Sep 19, 2019.

1. canaaa

canaaa tea gremlin Staff Member PR2

Thursday, 19 September, 307 AC - 2 Regals - BREAKING NEWS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CASTING AWAY THE MASK: MARIA VALNET EXPOSED AS GANG LEADER

~ 17 September, 307

This story contains content that may offend or make people uncomfortable. There is a character interview that makes a reference to sexual assault. If this is something you want to avoid, please skip the second paragraph in its entirety.

A former gang member informed the Imperial Times just the other night that Maria Valnet, owner of the Nestled Nook Inn, also runs the Castaways gang under the name of ‘Ares’. Valnet’s gang has committed crimes including, but not limited to, burglary, assault, kidnapping, attempted murder, theft of armor from the Crimson Inquisition and defiling of Inquisitors, Arken worship and summoning, and Jacobinism with a plot to put aberrants like Silven and mages on top of society, instead of the Spirit’s order.

Valnet’s theft of the Inquisition armor, in particular, left broken victims to their crimes. The fateful day that his armor had been stolen, Inquisitor William von Magdeburg had been on a patrol where he and his compatriots were ambushed. Magdeburg said, “I was the final victim of their vicious onslaught, and had been fighting to the best of my valiant abilities before they surrounded me on all sides and proceeded to beat me down. After they were done viciously assaulting us, they began to undress us for our armor. When they caught sight of my rather pristine body, they [REDACTED]. After they were done defiling me, they wrote horrific words on my back stating that I was their property. It was the most shameful thing I've ever had to experience.” His story, while horrifying and shocking, is just one known to the Times of possibly many.

According to a source inside the Nook who asked to remain anonymous for fear of reprisal, Valnet repeatedly badmouthed the Violet Order and nobility as a whole to Nook customers and staff, referring to His Grace the Duke Leufred du Brierüst and his family as “sniveling ingrates” and Ser Julius Peirgarten, as well as his family, as “blonde rats” and “Pissgardens”. She was constantly crude, crass, and cursed the name of the Lord Chancellor as well, according to our source.

Other known members of the Castaways include Fen’nan Solaveira, a redheaded Altalar woman, Cael Ladveer, who is perhaps most well-known for his assault against the Duke Delmotte’s family, and Stanley Conagra, a redheaded Ailor with a mustache. Solaveira is assumed to be extremely dangerous due to a past attempt to poison the Ser Julius Peirgarten in his drink at the Nook. Their base is known to be in the Sewers somewhere, though the exact location is not known at this time.

Anyone with information on Maria Valnet or the Castaways should come to the Violet Order. A reward will be given in Regals.

We will be returning to our regular Sunday runs.

Stamontia Statues: Have your stunning visage captured in cold marble forever! Come see sculptor Zoë Stamontia in Saintroad13 to commission a work of art!

ADVERTISEMENTS WANTED - WRITE TO LEONARD UNDERWOOD OR MILENA DU BRIERÜST

TO SUBSCRIBE FOR FURTHER ISSUES - WRITE TO LEONARD UNDERWOOD OR MILENA DU BRIERÜST

TO REQUEST TO AUTHOR AN OPINION EDITORIAL - WRITE TO LEONARD UNDERWOOD OR MILENA DU BRIERÜST

INTERVIEWS WANTED - WRITE TO MILENA DU BRIERÜST

SEEKING WAR CORRESPONDENTS - WRITE TO LEONARD UNDERWOOD OR MILENA DU BRIERÜST

Subscriber List

To subscribe, leave an IC subscription below this post!

Peripherals

Keep an eye out for an upcoming interview with the High Reverend, His High Holiness Manfried II.

The Imperial Times is seeking a place to open a physical location! Please write if there is an availability near you.

• Winner x 14
    • Powerful x 4
    • Educated x 1
    • Thank You! x 1
    • Informative x 1
    #1 canaaa, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  2. Aespair

Aespair Am I the only one here?

YOU’RE A SNIVELING RAT, DAHNALD
    @Nitesho

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Educated Educated x 1
  3. SnashuuPomaymay

SnashuuPomaymay lol die

I knew I had reason to hate her, gut feelings and first impressions are practically always right!

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. abberants

abberants hater of men

Sveinsina got out her quill, before penning a letter to Milena du Brierust

Dear Madame du Brierust,
    I would like an ad for my shop, Pels og Kjolar, in your paper. We make dresses, clothes, and much more items.

I'd like the add to say this: Missus Sveinsina Trausti's new shop, Pels og Kjolar, is open! We are located by greygate, and will make you a custom dress or outfit.

5. Nirnro0t

Nirnro0t Always smirking

A certain redhead lounged back lazily in a chair with a roguish charm to her, beautiful despite the late pale and gauntness she wore in her features, she idly twirled her red braid around a finger as her eyes scanned the paper, “Ha! Poison, that’s cute. Look who made the papers...” she mused, snickering, she smirked a feline smirk as she glanced over to the bird cage in the corner, the raven cocked its head in curiosity at her. “Ready to spread your wings?” She drawled, tossing the paper aside as she stood up.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  6. Mid_exe

Mid_exe The Georgest of all the Foremans

Amaria looked over another's copy of the paper with a curious gaze, once she made her way home she went to pen a letter for a subscription herself.

Dear, Madame du Brierust
    I would like to have a subscription to your paper, I have found this news quite interesting I must say. Please send it to this address. Highmanroad24.

Yours truly, Amaria Silevon.

7. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

All that's happened seemed to have made Milo appear even more exhausted, expression growing more dull as he read the paper. He gave a light sigh as he tossed the paper into the ravine under the wooden bridge. "Fen, Maria, wherever you two are at, I send my apologies, and good luck." he said with a stressed but soft tone.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. SheepieBaby

SheepieBaby Bestest Bean

Looking over a copy of the paper she had just purchased, Amaranthae twitched her lips into a curved half-smirk. She knew not of these people and was glad she had kept it that way. Wrapping the paper into a tube, she slipped it into her satchel and returned to her shared home. Once there, she penned a letter to the editor.

To the esteemed Madame du Brierüst;
    I would like a subscription to this paper. I do love to keep up with the current times and find each edition more exciting than the last. If you could send them to Hangroad18, that would be wonderful.
    Spirit Bless,
    Amaranthae Venberos

#8 SheepieBaby, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  9. Razrei

Razrei philosophically flourishing

The Reverend-Whip sermoned the denunciation of this delinquent Valnet, stating "the Spirit has no toleration for unadulterated degeneracy. Miscreants such as they ought to be flogged and purged," while reiterating that the Spirit would treat the men who brought the felon to justice with divine gratitude.

• Powerful Powerful x 5
  10. FeralGayWalnut

FeralGayWalnut Lesbian Worst Enemy

Lounging by the fireplace, she eyed over the evening and special addition of the newspaper. Reaching a over, she picked up her glass of wine and muttered, “Suppose we could have done without the rather questionable comments from the Inquisitors, but it is nice to hear first hand accounts. Even if it isn’t good in nature.” Seraphina sniffed and went on back to reading, after her own words were uttered to her empty living room.

11. canaaa

canaaa tea gremlin Staff Member PR2

I've talked it over with lore staff and was told that a spoiler and a content warning would suffice. I don't think I should edit or change the meaning of a character interview, especially if I don't know if it was actually done or not. To my knowledge, the character was stripped fully in public to steal his armor, but I, from an OOC and IC perspective, don't know if the character was actually defiled. As such, I'd rather leave it to IC and OOC interpretation behind content warnings.

@Osowiec will have more information.

12. Magivore

Magivore No Rest For The Wicked

The sharp and calcified fingers of Xilthruum the Lich rapped against the desk as they read through the waterlogged breaking news, tap-tap-tapping away as their temperature escalated. Truth be told, the names meant nothing to them- they loved none of them, and felt hate for none of them either. But this did mean something that caused their chin to rise and their blood to boil.

"All it took was one man," the Lich hissed as they their head burned, "and that man ruined the lives of many."

Xilthruum glanced over to the womanly Haat-Maraya on their left, crunching up the breaking news and throwing it in their direction to read now that they were done with it. Their needle-like canines clicked as they addressed her, scolding the world with a fiery spit:
    "The next man who rats on such a large-scale operation that will lead to our mass-demise is yours. If you cannot catch them, then I will, and I will break them apart and scrap them to the Defilers for construct fuel! If you so wish, you should let others know that they'll just place themselves on a platter when they snitch like that. I've already dealt with a man named Theodas for the same thing- I am unafraid of slaughtering again to protect my people."

@BiBiBirdie

• Powerful Powerful x 3
  13. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Magivore

Truth be told, the first thing I thought of from the [REDACTED] was rape. However, if the staff rule it is alright to mention in a spoiler (which requires the person to willingly open it despite the warning of improper content), then I suppose it fits the ruling. While I might not entirely enjoy that implication, it's something I can look past and instead simply view it as "that gang member beat up x and did unmentionables from a public paper." If you truly believe it too intolerable, please do make a ticket; I understand my tolerance isn't the same as yours, but it's important everyone feels comfortable on Massive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. DrHasagi

DrHasagi Just a guy

Oooooh I think that might be me OvO

16. Magivore

I didn't ask for either bits of information, I suggested you make a ticket or report this post if you're truly uncomfortable. If it did happen on the server, search around for the proof, but if you nor they can find it, that's all there is to it. It's just a post with peculiar information and that's all we can do with it. If the player felt they were comfortable enough to tell and IC newspaper, then it's evidently more a fantasy-driven RP scenario than an OOC controlled moment of weakness. People have fantasies, and no more how much I judge them, that's simply how it is, and all we can do is make use of the ever-powerful /ignore and never glance at this thread again.