Lord Commander's Edict - A Response To The Ignorant

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by BillyTheScruffy, Jul 28, 2019.

1. BillyTheScruffy

BillyTheScruffy Massive's Resident Law Enthusiast

[​IMG]

Addressing the Denizens of Regalia and the Editor in Chief of The Imperial Times,​

I for one usually enjoy a glass of bourbon and the odd venison steak when perusing your newspaper, as amusing as reading over verbatum transcripts of previously published declarations and announcements is, but the more I read through today's issue, the more concerned I became of your reporting techniques, your understanding of current affairs, your knowledge of the Law and the knowledge of the Unionist Creeds in general. As a man of my position, a father of plenty of children and a patriot of Regalia, I feel I have enough experience to educate you on your omissions and attempt to put this fallacy of an article to rest before you find yourself embargoed by the Bureaucracy by my command for spreading Anti-Administration propaganda. In a true Imperial Times fashion, I will deal with each flaw in your report one by one, starting with the facts of what occurred at the Nestled Nook Inn this very evening.

The Facts.

Less than twelve hours ago the Violet Order received reports from a begger and an Orc that a hostage situation and robbery was underway at the Nestled Nook Inn within Rose Court, a place of some repute and with decent and hardworking Ailor citizens in their employ. The Gilded Templars, members of the Vigilant Shield, the Crown Isle Wardens and a few Greywitches responded immediately and cohesively to the report in order to bring stability to the Violet enforced neutral area and to minimize any honest, tax paying citizen casualties. Working in tandem, the Violets, which included the Manathar that the Imperial Times has reported as illegal demons, coerced the terrorists from the Inn and immediately engaged, cutting down what they could and rescuing at minimum five Ailor men and women that were being used as human shields with only minor injuries to their person. The Manathar in question as well as other members of the Violet Order remained firmly under the command of my son, Grand Commander Aldwyn Howlester, who expertly tackled the situation and enforced Regalian Law as well as I myself could have in that situation. Many of these are the facts unreported, though that is to be expected from a bigoted tabloid like the Imperial Times whom nowadays would prefer to enforce a political stance than make an accurate report of what actually occurred in our Holiest of Cities, and neglect to report the Violet Order's side of the occurrence.

The Law

It is true that the Manathar were declared Persona non Grata but the key element of such is that this declaration came from my own hand. I, as Lord Commander of the Violet Order, have the executive authority to rescind, mediate, alter or make exception to any of my edicts and proclamations at any time I see fit. Each of the Manathar serving under the Violet Order have been vetted accordingly and granted a seal by my person exempting them from the same treatment as your average Manathar ne'er-do-well in exchange for service to Unionism and the State,but I will comment more on that further as that dips into the next topic I wish to discuss. Whats more, the Manathar have been found not responsible for the attack on the nobility, and such would have been made apparent to the reports and editors of the Imperial Times if they had performed even the most minuscule of reporting work and contacted my office directly. The announcement to the fact was meant to be released two nights ago, however my position as Imperial Court Marshal and my efforts alongside every other brave and proud General of this Empire abroad to combat the true threat to Regalian Empire has kept me preoccupied. I pray to the Spirit that the pestilent worm behind this article can at least understand the concept of duty and allegiance to the Regalian State in such regard, but I sympathyse that it is a difficult concept to grasp for someone who spends his days transcribing other's work to pass it off as 'reporting'.

As for the punishment dealt to these criminals, not only was it just, it was issued at my very command. One must only look at the wording of Capital Law Four to comprehend that. For those uneducated on the Law, and to the Editor in Chief in specific, I shall transcribe the Law below:

1. To commit to the murder of five individuals or more, and to harbor no guilt or conscience to these crimes, and with adequate presented proof, is punished with burning at the stake.
    The key wording here is 'To Commit to the murder of five individuals or more". I underline here the word 'to' as it has legal implications and ramifications that the less astute judicial among us might not understand. The word 'to' in this comprehension indicates intent. One can commit to enacting an injustice on another, before any physical element of such crime has been carried out. These crimes are denoted as conspiracy crimes, or 'intention' crimes. The intent by these terrorists was to rob and, if not allowed to proceed unhindered, murder these hostages if their demands were not met. By Law, these men were guilty under Capital Law for the intention to commit the murder of every hostage within the Nestled Nook Inn at that time. They harbored no guilt or conscience until faced with a blade above their necks, when normal men and women would likely plead innocence, and thus were guilty as charged. With my authority as Lord Commander of the Violet Order, I commuted their death sentence to a mere beheading to save not only time so that the Guard could continue their efforts to root out Sanguine elements in Old Town (By the by, which the Gilded Templars have assisted with immensely) but also to save valuable regals and wood resources that will assist in preserving the Capital with the Winter quickly approaching. I find it jarring if not disappointing that the fact the Gilded Templars had saved an entire Inn's worth of Ailor people was not reported, but I digress.

Furthermore, I remind the Imperial Times of the Secretary of the Cities' proclamation:

1. Any person seeking to publicly advertise their business must register their advertisement through the Secretary of Trade, stamped with their seal. Any advertisement without this stamp shall be fined, 50 regals.
    I do hope that The Imperial Times has payed its adequate dues in regard to this Ordinance and has ensured that the advertisements it has published, if any, have indeed paid theirs. I will be checking with the Secretary of the City to ensure such.

Unionism

Lastly, on the topic of the Manathar once more, I would like to direct the Editor in Chief of the Imperial Times to Unionist Creed Four. Us Pious Unionists, apparently not those at the Imperial Times, understand that we as Unionist Ailor's have a responsibility under the Imperial Spirit to guide the lesser races to salvation by service to the Empire, the Emperor and the Spirit, so that they may too be reborn again as Human to continue to carry on the duty we all have placed with us for the Great Way. An Ailor, say the Editor of the Imperial Times, who seeks to stand in direct confrontation of these non-Ailor from doing so is not only disrupting their redemption and attempts at being reborn as we are, they are committing sacrilege. I pray we can all accept that fact and give credence to the few Manathar who seek to be reborn under the light of the Unionist Spirit, rather than condemn those very same for doing what many heathens and criminals of this City do not. Otherwise, we are no better than the non-Unionists ourselves. For that reason, the Manathar under my Command will not be resigning and most certainly will not be discharged when they themselves were pinnacle in saving the employees and patrons of the Nestled Nook today.

In conclusion

Its incredibly disappointing to see the only decent newspaper in this city reduced to anti-establishment propaganda spreading, spouting false truths about the Law, not doing proper research and above all else, proclaiming sacrilegious remarks that not only insult every Unionist man, woman and child in this city, but undermines the entire foundation of the Law Enforcement Organisation that has brought Old Town finally back into the Regalian Fold and made it safe for every Citizen to step foot in once more. I remind the editor in chief that outlandish remarks as stated above, while not in direct violation of any treason law, is liable under my authority as Lord Commander of the Violet Order to be prohibited from being published via the Bureaucracy for bringing about stability in the Emperor's own home territory. I pray that in future proper investigative journalism is performed to prevent this happening again, as the confiscation of printing presses and the incarceration of heretics is not high on my priority list when there is a real war with real enemies happening abroad.

May the Light of the Holy Spirit Guide us all,
    William Algar Howlester
    Lord Commander of the Violet Order
    Imperial Court Marshal
    Jingoist, Patriot and Father
    Adversary of False News.

• Powerful Powerful x 37
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Immersive Immersive x 3
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  2. Infinatum

Infinatum In Totum Ad Perpetuum

Leonard Underwood read the missive late at night by candlelight. “He’s got some points.” He admitted to himself. “I should probably pay that due...” he also murmured.

• Like Like x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  3. Arhbi

Arhbi Peacemaker

"And this is why it is best for everyone to hold their tongues until they know the truth." Marceau remarked to his dear friend Haeddi upon reading the Lord Commander's declaration. @AtticCat

The Lord Commander has obliterated fake news with facts and logic.

• Powerful Powerful x 5
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    #3 Arhbi, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  4. PresentMediator

PresentMediator You betcha

Gandered over the Edict with a slow nod. Many things to be considered in the future for the Manathar. He'd make a copy, then, took his transmittal from the previous day in response to the Imperial Times issue sixteen, and stapled both outside the Nestled Nook Inn.

upload_2019-7-28_0-40-47.png

Dusted his hands from the laboring, "I'm not perfect. But I do aspire to self-improve."

@Nixces

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Shayin

Shayin Seen any Elves?

with the usage of this phrase your argument is invalid, willy.

• Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Havsbris_

Havsbris_ Doomer

A particular manathar grazed her attention over the edict, humming quietly as she tapped her nail along the wood of her desk, she chuckled a slight in regards to the opposing news-paper on the other side of her desk, which she promptly moved to toss aside, the edict to rest on the side of her desk. "All in time, I said. All is good once more." She spoke, leaning back in her seat to relax once again.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  7. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

"Father, why must there be demons within the streets? It makes no sense. The fact that they attacked a part of the peerage during a Howlester party and walked away without much of a punishment besides a slap on the wrist. The Lord Commander is a good and smart man, but I am confused as to why he allows the Manathar to walk among us." The young Drachenburg would ask to his father after reading the notice.
    @FireFan96

• Educated Educated x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  8. Athelois

Athelois visceral bitch

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Educated Educated x 1
  9. Jonificus

Jonificus Pizza the Hutt

"The Manathar are Kathar in disguise, making fools out of us all. Our kindness has been taken advantage of time and time again, even when their true nature reveals itself they are protected. Why fight the kathar when we're letting them into our homes willingly, even paying them OUR taxes. Disgusting. They can't hide behind the creed forever. They'll crack, or I'll see to it." Hengest goes on about in the woods on his weekly hunt, accompanied by his usual score of friends or associates.

• Powerful Powerful x 11
  10. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

Kalmar lifts his mug from his lips, wiping the remnants from his mouth and beard with his left forearm as he glanced over the notice, speaking out toward his usual company, stating in a more than familiar guttural tone of voice “Every time someone questions this Howlester-man, bad things happen. Be it the insolence in opposing parties or weak attempts at defaming him, he always has something to say.” He gave a few nods before speaking out again “Ailor talk too much.”

11. Vivamente

Vivamente An Unfortunate Scotsman

Aleck broke down in a fit of laughter, reading aloud to the Royal Guards gathered in the Barracks. His eyes scanned over them all as he tried to contain his laughter. "Poor lad must be shitting himself with William putting him in his place."

@Anarchizm @Testl @Osowiec @dubiousScreamer @midnight_moon123

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. KK134

KK134 Regalian Pioneer

Reina Berater quickly read through the edict before saying "Well I guess that is to be expected, House Howlester does not breed dishonor as far as I'm aware." Then she returned to her duties in the estate sipping her kaffee periodically while doing a final examination of the table before breakfast.

13. FeralGayWalnut

FeralGayWalnut Lesbian Worst Enemy

With a slight yawn, Seraphina gazed over the paper and declaration. She snorted audibly before folding the two up together and murmuring, “How deliciously entertaining, perhaps I ought to start getting this newspaper. It seems I would get quite a good laugh out of it.”

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  14. MippyMoo

MippyMoo Resident Sad Corpse Man

Once again, Llozzi’sil Al-Yaotl read over a statement concerning the incident. She scoffed as she finished the letter.

“Such a small clause should not allow the beating to death of those attempting to feed their families. Monsters, the lot of the guard. And they have absolutely no proof that the thieves were ready to kill any of their hostages. I wonder when evidence of that will come out alongside this story, since Howlester seems so incredibly intent on ‘righting the wrongs’ published by the paper.”

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Jupiter6700

Jupiter6700 The Raptor

The former Under held this with her single good hand, it was hard to read over her snout sometimes but she did manage. Once done reading it, she would let out a sneer in humor, saying to herself under her breath; “Propaganda condemning propaganda, is this considered a declaration? Whoever wrote the newspaper probably shit himself though.” She said at the copy she had received, balling it up in a little ball and throwing it into the garbage can accross the room.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. MidnightRey

MidnightRey Ruler of the Abyss

Shirina was just reading a book, looking up as she heard the Commander talking. Confused at first before realizing he was reading aloud the announcement. Amusement filled her eyes and she just laughed as he finished"That's justice being served, I wouldn't have it any other way."

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. RoseRP

RoseRP Rose

Rosana looked both disgusted, and very angered upon recieving the paper. The Isldar had quite a few words for once - and her coldness only increased by the minute! Ohhhhh dear.

"IT DOESN'T TAKE A BIG BRAINED PERSON TO REALIZE YOU KILLED PEOPLE WITHOUT PROOF THAT THEY KILLED FIVE PEOPLE! Are you fucking STUPID?! This is just to cover your hide! The Violets are a DANGER not a HELP. Those peoples families will STARVE and DIE OUT. IS that what you wanted? IS that what all of the Violets wanted? There families death from being unable to have FOOD or REGALS to live will be on YOUR hands. You make people FEAR being on the streets. I know more people that have arrived in Regalia to hide in the sewers for fear of there lives. This is complete garbage. The Violets and the Imperial times both NEED to go."

Was clearly very mad about this. She lifted the paper "This paper alone is worth not even garbage it's so low." She'd then rip it to pieces above a fire and watch it turn to ashes. The woman sat down and with the most coldest look she could muster lifted her owl onto her shoulder and picked up her books. Going deeper into the Sewers - while ranting to her owl about imbeciles.

• Cuddles! x 2
    • Powerful x 2
    • Constructive x 1
    • Educated x 1
    • Winner x 1
  18. ASickRat

ASickRat Bane of Europe

Felix Puffed on his sigg as he read the writing of Howlester, smiling to himself.
    "They indeed reacted in the correct manner and cut those rats down for the benefit of the tax paying people of the city, As much as I enjoy reading the imperial times, they sure do seem to get their words all twisted when frustrated over nothing."

19. festiveCorvid

festiveCorvid Product of German Engineering Premium

Argylwyd grimaced, scratching his neck as he spoke to nobody in particular "How stupid can you be to commit to these actions and get the attention of the prince himself? Bastard deserved to get caught." He'd finish off with a hearty guffaw before downing a mouthful of rum.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. AntonVoron

AntonVoron [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Money Man [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

In a far off shanty village, an aggressive Mayor commented on the news... "You devious, rabble-rousing slanderer! The level of dishonesty in that paper of yours! I'll have that printer scrapped for parts."

@Mooffins @Tibertastic

• Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Mooffins

Mooffins ancient gay

An unruly reporter replied to the mayor. "Oooh, that a statement, Mr. McDonough? Tyrant mayor shuts down the press?"

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  22. Antimreoir

Antimreoir Refugee

Marissa read over the edict, voicing it aloud to the carpenters as they decorated her Guildhouse whilst she slacked off behind her manuals and announcements. Concluding her read with a simple shrug, she slipped the announcement into the pile.

"Well, folks. What'd you think of that?" She quizzed her Guildies.

@Winterless @CognatPsience @Mortisian @Nathan

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. RedSentinel

RedSentinel Regalian High Lord

A lean, athletic merchant with iron grey hair reclined his couch, sipping his morning Kaffee as he read a copy of the declaration before blowing a loud raspberry. “Drabble,” he mutters, rolling his eyes “If these fools need to write a edict every time someone writes something that upsets them, Regalia will soon have no trees left.” Wilhelm squinted at a misplaced comma in the document, grimacing in distaste.

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    #23 RedSentinel, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  24. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

William would glance over at Marissa as he inspected the carpentry, giving a lazy smile before glancing at the letter.

"Oh, that? Yeah, the Lord Commander has the right of it. Didn't even need to be debated, honestly. Taking people hostage is a bad idea."

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  25. NebulaePrimo

NebulaePrimo The Everwatcher :powerful:

Well, apparently the poor are bigger threats to the state than former Kathar who tried to kill a bunch of nobles or something Aster thought to himself. I wonder how surprised the Lord Commander would be if someone tried to explain to him that people can lie about their religion. He'd find the idea so preposterous he'd probably issue an edict about that too.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 3
  26. Brit<3

Brit<3 Chief of the Damned

A brood looked over this with a shake of her head. “I was there... these men did not kill anyone to die..sinful violets .. I think it’s time the people to stand and rid of the real threat”

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1