Alaine Delmotte

Discussion in 'Character Sheets' started by UnBaed, Feb 10, 2019.

1. UnBaed

UnBaed [Gnome Sounds]

[​IMG]

Alaine Peirgarten

[​IMG]

Basic Information:

• Full Name: Alaine Bellissa Delmotte
    • Sex: Female
    • Race: Ailor [Half Dressolini, Half Ithanian]
    • Culture: Dressolini
    • Religion: Unionist
    • Sexuality: Heterosexual

[​IMG]

Skill Information:

Total Points: 24
    • +10 Musical Arts [From Culture]
    • +5 Literary Knowledge [From Points]
    • +9 Thin Blade Combat Skill [From points]
    • +10 Visual Arts [From points]

Body Shape

• Body Stat: 0 + 0 x 2 = 0
    • Body Shape: Average
    • Body Fat: Average

Languages

• D’Ithani [Taught by father]
    • Dressolini [Taught by mother]
    • Common [Taught by tutor]

[​IMG]

Visual Information:

• Eye Colour: Golden Brown
    • Hair Colour: Dark Brown
    • Hair Style: Long, Wavy. Often pulled back into a long braid going down her backside.
    • Skin Colour: Medium-Fair
    • Clothing: Lavish, Tasteful. Alaine’s attire often sticks around darker or muted colours.
    • Height: 5’5”
    • Voice: Quiet

Facial Features and Hair: Alaine’s features, to be described simply, are aristocratic and soft in nature. Her cheekbones, though subtle, are rather angular; shaping her golden brown eyes and her full lips. The Delmotte’s complexion is smooth and medium-fair in color. When embarrassed or charmed, Alaine is incapable of keeping a rosy color from spreading over her features and will often attempt to obscure her blushing with her hands and look away. Her dark brown, wavy hair is often pulled back into a braid going down her backside. A few free locks, however, frame her features.

Body Shape: Alaine is 5’5” in height. Her figure is lithe and she stays in decent shape, though is not toned in any way. She has no notable scars, disfigurements, or tattoos on her person, either. In everything else, she is rather average.

Voice: Alaine is rather soft-spoken and usually speaks in a calming voice. When singing, her voice still holds its gentle qualities; the Delmotte often favoring slow, soothing pieces of music whenever performing.

Clothing and Accessories: Alaine is often adorned in dresses displaying dark or muted tones of color. Despite her attire’s lack of vibrancy, her outfits are always designed to be rather elegant. Whenever in close proximity of the Delmotte, one may get a faint whiff of her perfume -- a rich, sweet, and floral fragrance of both marula and jasmine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Personality and Abilities:

Outer Perception: Respectful and polite are what the Delmotte is often described as by others. Even while conversing with an individual she dislikes, Alaine will do her best to stick to proper court courtesies in order to prevent a bad light from shining upon her House. Alaine may be perceived as timid, shy, and quiet upon first glance as well, for she is not one to talk much in conversation. The noblewoman, however, seems to open up more while in the presence of close friends and family members -- revealing a rather goofy and pleasant spirit. Upon getting to know the Delmotte further, One would discover her to have a rather fiery and determined character, wishing to do her family and the Empire good -- even if it would bring her unhappiness.

Inner Perception: Alaine is a rather curious individual, interested in learning new information and getting to know more people. Her shyness tends to make the latter desire more difficult to accomplish, however. The Delmotte will often work to find ways to improve the moods and lives of those around her, especially her loved ones. And to avoid bringing more stress to those she cares about, Alaine tends to bottle up most of her feelings, which eventually leads to stress and anxiety of her own. This habit of hers formed at a rather young age, unfortunately. Alaine is loyal to her family and the Empire and will do anything within her power to serve and protect either of the two.

Alaine is also a rather observant individual. She pays close attention to the minor details that life has to offer; the way a tree’s shadow splays itself along the ground; how one’s drink sits in their cup; the idle shifting of a person’s hand in conversation; or how light would reflect off of water. It is these little things that the Delmotte secretly admires.

Family Perception: Alaine holds her family closest to her heart. They are top priority for her, meaning she will do whatever it takes to serve her House and to ensure that her family is happy, comfortable, and safe. She trusts her family and will support them in whatever decisions they may make, sometimes even trying to offer advice of her own, if it’s wanted. She is very welcoming to newcomers; however, if her family is to show distaste toward an individual or a group, she’ll turn neutral - depending on the circumstances.

Moral Perception: Alaine is neutral good. Honor and honesty are one of her biggest values, any who don’t follow these are viewed in low regards and are deemed untrustworthy. If someone were to act against her House or a loved one, a grudge would be held against that individual until they’ve received a punishment fitting for their behavior or actions. Depending on the severity, Alaine may wish to seek vengeance on her own accord. This doesn’t mean that the Delmotte would hold grudges forever, for she believes that people may change over time and is willing to give others a second chance if they prove worthy. Alaine dislikes the use of violence, but respects that it is inevitable in certain times. When in a dangerous situation, the Delmotte will her best to avoid it. But that doesn’t mean she won’t already be prepared for it for when the time comes.

[​IMG]

Life Story:

In the early morning toward the ending of a Summer, within a port town in Montania, Rosella Calabreeni-- a Dressolini songstress --went into labour.

She awoke and alerted her husband, an Ithanian merchant named Leon, who had been sound asleep. Lethargically and hastily, the merchant stumbled through his home to fetch the midwife he had hired for this very moment. He had stirred his first child, Miriam, from her slumber in the process due the noise he created in his half-awakened, panicked, and eager state.

The little girl of four years listened attentively from her room to the cries of her mother giving birth down the hallway, accompanied by the comforting voices of her father and the hired woman. After a few long moments, another cry filled the air. A small one. An infant; Miriam’s newly born sister. Alaine.

Alaine had her mother’s eyes and hair, though still held a lot of resemblance of her father. Her olive-toned skin was rather pale and her facial features hinted back to her father’s heritage. As she grew older, she was given lessons from a tutor with her sister on the classic, or typical, subjects and trade/economics, as well as on musical arts thanks to her mother’s talents.

The small family lived a happy and comfortable life, for Leon’s merchant business was buzzing with success. It wasn’t until Alaine was around eight when that all changed drastically. Her mother had fallen ill and lasted for around two years before passing quietly within her sleep. Her illness devastated the whole family; it crushed them. Leon fell into a deep depression, which greatly affected the business and his daughters.

Miriam stepped up and worked to support the family almost entirely by herself. Alaine had wanted to aid her sister, but didn’t know how to handle the passing of her mother, so she became more reclusive. Any relationships she had outside of the family crumbled away and she spent a lot of time alone in mourning.

During her time in isolation, Alaine began to explore the visual arts and took an interest in reading fictional stories as a way to escape the world and to cope with the loss of her mother. She read tales of adventurers and master swordsmen, finding the latter to be much more entertaining. Her love for fencing was birthed there, but it would be years before she practiced the art herself. So, she focused her time on painting more. It was around this time that Alaine began paying much more attention to the details in life, wanting to understand the illusions of the world to improve her art.

Alaine found painting to be quite therapeutic and her mental state improved gradually, allowing her to begin repairing her relationships with her remaining family and to pull her weight around the house.

Alaine and Miriam grew closer together. Alaine learned how to cook and began doing more chores around the home, even going out to run errands for her sister and father. She strived to ensure that they were both were comfortable and happy once more. During her little free time, Alaine read treatises on fencing and often practiced various stances and strikes.

Miriam continued to help with the business, though it was gradually failing. Leon eventually put in more help, though his grief prevented him from bringing it back to its former glory. So the family’s financial state lingered in a sort of limbo for a few years. It wasn’t until Leon began showing signs of illness that he put the trade business into the hands of both of his daughters, going into retirement himself.

Their father sent Miriam to Regalia to try and expand the family business and to live a better life within the capital. Alaine would have joined her, but refused to leave her father’s side until he was well again. So she stayed behind and treated him, writing often to her sister. Leon’s illness worsened, unfortunately, and Miriam returned from Regalia to help her sister care for him.

Leon refused their help at this time, knowing he would soon pass away and join his wife in death. He urged for both Alaine and Miriam to go to Regalia now. Hesitantly, the two complied. A few weeks passed by and once the sisters settled into a comfortable house, a letter from home reached them, bearing unfortunate news: Their father was dead.

But there was more written in the letter. It was revealed that Leon had lied about his heritage, for he was a Delmotte, thus making the sisters nobility. Documentation was provided to prove it was no lie.

Confused, grieving, and alone, the sisters sought out Louis Delmotte with the news. With hesitation, they were accepted into the family and were alone no more.

Alaine was grateful to have a family once more, though was anxious about the many changes coming to her world. She felt as if she were a character from the stories she read in her youth; born into the life of a peasant and later discovering their secret heritage. It was almost ironic to her. She began studying fencing more fervently and often trains, wanting to improve her swordsmanship skills. Alaine has now begun pursuing visual art more adamantly, believing it could help her gain more prestige for her family.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
    #1 UnBaed, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  2. Percuriam

Percuriam The Storyteller

3. UnBaed

UnBaed [Gnome Sounds]

Hey! @Athelois I just wanted to give you a heads up that I moved some points around for my character's skills. I've changed their colors so that you'd be able to point them out more easily. Thank you!

4. Athelois

Athelois visceral bitch

@UnBaed
    Hello, sunshine!
    Personality
    • I would like you to expand on the first two paragraphs of her personality. Nothing major, just another sentence or two should do!
    Life Story
    • I'd like you to expand just a bit more on her life story. What you have is wonderful, but I feel like there could be more. Throw in a few instances that display her personality or situations that have shaped her personality or world view!
    Make these changes in blue and tag me when you're done!

5. UnBaed

UnBaed [Gnome Sounds]

@Athelois Hello again! I've updated my post with what you asked <3

6. Athelois

Athelois visceral bitch

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. UnBaed

UnBaed [Gnome Sounds]

@Athelois Hello again! I've decided to tweak a few things on my card, if that is all right. I've switch some skill points around, deciding to ultimately remove Food and Drinks Science from Alaine's skills. I've never really RP'd using it, and I decided to alter the character's aesthetic a bit. So I've put those points into both Thin Blades and Visual Arts, since I wish to RP those two skills more.

I have also re-done her personality, mainly just using better wording and adding more detail since I've had more time to develop my character.

I've also added some minor details to her backstory. If there's an issue with anything, please let me know so that I can fix it as soon as possible!

Everything that I've edited has been highlighted to make it easier for you, by the way. Thank you!