Cyprien The Boiled: A Curious Case Of Cowardice And Corruption

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by canaaa, Jan 22, 2019.

1. canaaa

canaaa tea gremlin Staff Member PR2

[​IMG]

To the righteous public of Regalia, who deserves to know the truth of the happenings of the twenty-first January, 307 AC:

Lord Erwald Ravenstad, Protector Duke of the Hinterlands and Paladin of the Viridian Order, Lord Louis Delmotte, Baron of Valentin and Knight of the Viridian Order, and I met with Ser Cyprien de Letoirneau, Knight of the Bloodcast, for a meeting over tea at the Fire et Calme Teahaus managed by the honorable Peirgartens after being accused, in crude terms, that I did not know Ser de Letoirneau. But how was I to know that he would resort to such underhanded means of defaming not one, but three honorable families?

After a toast, led by my cousin, Lord Delmotte, Ser de Letoirneau's skin began to morph and shift grotesquely. Bubbles and boils came up from it, and its pale hue shifted into yellows, oranges, and violets. His joints swelled, his skin wrinkled, and he began to writhe upon the ground. At this point, I fainted at the hideous sight, but was informed of the occurrences until I woke by Lord Ravenstad, a man famed for his honesty. It is my personal theory that Ser de Letoirneau poisoned himself, as Lord Delmotte arrived after the tea was served, and Lord Ravenstad and I drank the same tea. If the tea had been poisoned from the start, we both would be boiled and grotesque as well, would we not? If any of us had done it, surely someone would have seen? Surely, someone would have noticed our hands straying to his drink? Alas, no one did, because nothing of the sort happened, but this means that the source of the boiling could only be Ser de Letoirneau himself.

Once he had recovered enough, Ser de Letoirneau lunged for Lord Delmotte, intent on assault, until restrained by Lord Julius Peirgarten of Lorhauser, Captain of the Violet Order and Field Officer in the Regalian Military. Ser de Letoirneau attempted to throw blame at all honorable Houses involved: Peirgarten, Delmotte, and Ravenstad the same, despite all being blameless and wholly innocent.

When deemed well enough to be allowed up, however, Ser de Letoirneau ordered his guards to arrest Lord Ravenstad, Lord Delmotte, and myself. Lord Delmotte refused on the principle that if he were to be arrested, Ser de Letoirneau would take advantage of such to kill him, to which the Ser de Letoirneau actually agreed, bringing to light his corruption and intent to kill. Lord Ravenstad overrode the arrest, given that Ser de Letoirneau had no grounds to issue it.

Lord Delmotte issued an honor duel, to which Ser de Letoirneau responded, "The Lord Delmotte wants to fight a witch! He'll get his fight!" By admitting this, do we not call into question the religious piety of the de Letoirneaus as a whole? If one of their most illustrious members is a self-admitted practitioner of witchcraft, does this not mark the lot as sinners? Alas, I digress. At this point, a crowd had gathered. Leufred Reginar, a Hallowblood of the Synod, and an honorable man, was one of such present, and bore eyewitness to the events.

The duel became a public spectacle, in which Ser Olivier de Letoirneau took the place of his brother, Cyprien. Ser Olivier de Letoirneau attempted to turn the duel of honor to a duel to the death; he was rejected by its officiate, Lord Ravenstad. Both fought well, though Ser Olivier de Letoirneau landed a strike to Lord Delmotte's throat, in flagrant disregard for the duel's honor-bound rules, instead attempted to shift it to the duel to the death he had asked for. In self-defense, the same was attempted and landed, though both live yet, thank the Eternal Spirit. In sustaining equal injury, anyone with eyes would see this as a draw.

In light of these facts, in light of these actions, I find it imperative to publicly denounce Ser Cyprien de Letoirneau and Ser Olivier de Letoirneau as heartless cowards, willing to go to such lengths to embarrass themselves and the peerage as a whole. If nobles are to act like children, do they not mock the honor passed through their blood?

Something must be done, but I know not what.

Signed,
    Lady Julienne Delmotte
    House Delmotte, Ruling Family of la Cresse

• Winner x 18
    • Powerful x 5
    • Educated x 3
    • Creative x 3
    • Cuddles! x 1
    • Informative x 1
    #1 canaaa, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  2. Excitedly

Excitedly Is it like the hand of God hovering above?

“It must be attended to, and law and order must be maintained. These frogs ought to learn about true knighthood and to stop attempting to kill just and noble men over fragrantly and irrefutably baseless allegations.” commented Jacques du Pont to his brother, before neatly folding the denouncement to rest it beneath a paperweight on his desk. “It is by a miracle both men yet live to see another day. Terrible.”

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. Reaganism

Reaganism 40th President of the United States

"So your family lost an honour duel and your solution is to post a wall of text that includes slander and ridiculous accusations."

Audrey noted with a pair of perked brows.

• Powerful Powerful x 4
  4. Mayaran

Mayaran A whole mess

"When will this family know that slander will get them nowhere? Is it not clear that they toss insults our way to ruin our name? Shameful, simply shameful. Such a thing does not happen for no reason, and though Julius and Erwald are honest men, I would not even dare call Louis more trustworthy than a captured skunk. Blasted Delmottes, can't stop making themselves out to be such 'amazing' people, and yet toss insults our way like it's a game of fetch." Solaine de Letoirneau huffed, rather annoyed at the posted note. The woman turned on her heel to return to her humble home- she needed some wine after this.

• Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  5. Arhbi

Arhbi Peacemaker Supremium

Louis Delmotte, fortunate enough to have not been vanquished by the blade of Ser Olivier, now rests in the Ravenstad estate, being nursed back to health whilst surrounded by family and friends. He hadn't lost nor won the duel, for both Louis and Olivier sustained equal injuries and were both unable to continue. Perhaps if Audrey was there, she'd know that.

@Reaganism

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #5 Arhbi, Jan 22, 2019
  6. MrNoot1

MrNoot1 Let there be Noot

"Everywhere the two houses go, there will always be chaos and destruction. No matter how much I try to help both sides, they always have each other at their throats. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep my sanity before I leave both sides." The large Url sighed as he'd see the news, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

The Carwell wondered about the streets with his cane in hand, feeling a lot better as he'd notice the message with a frown on his face.
    "There just can't be peace between the two.. all sides make enemies with each other. I can hardly stand the madness of this city anymore."

7. TheBioverse

TheBioverse ❖ Prince of Thieves ❖

"Haven't seen this particular Elixir used amongst the peerage since my Mother's hostile takeover."

Vhilomir stole a gander at the Parchment Copy in hand, savouring a Sigg with the other. Surveying a glance to the remainder of the Willow's Gambling Den, the Kade noted that word had spread quickly.

"Suffice to say, I just can't wait to see how this escalates."

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. GRIST_

GRIST_ The Antagonist Premium

"Sir Delmotte fought with honor and this Olivier moved to strike a killing blow. He turned to fight dirty because he knew he was losing. This entire family has no honor they truly disgust me." Avilda idly commented towards her husband after flicking her gaze over the post her nose crinkled up in disgust as she remembered the cowardly display she'd witnessed. "I hope that Sir Delmotte recovers well and that the entire de Letoirneau family faces punishments for this dishonorable display." She folds up the notice neatly placing it down upon Abelhards desk. "And how Cyprien gloated that Louis should remember the blow that Olivier set. He practically gloated over his family members dishonor. It's horrifying."

@TheyCalledMeKiko

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. canaaa

canaaa tea gremlin Staff Member PR2

An edit has been made to the letter to specify that the duel was a draw, after being agreed OOCly by both combatants! Sorry for any confusion!

10. bewitchings

bewitchings capturing hearts with a butterfly net.

"I'm happy I didn't place any bets." Tsetsiliya muttered from under a cloud of tabacca, wandering off Spirit-knows-where.​

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

Azra proclaimed for all to hear, "The de Letoirneau is a coward for attempting to murder Louis! Not to mention those claims to witchcraft from Cypri, how can we trust anything his family says? Witches and cowards, the whole lot." The proclaimer was even more ironic, as she herself was bearing the metal collar of an aberrant and, when she left, there was no shadow at her heels.
    @trapperman120

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. SpudManDom

SpudManDom King of the Gingers

Cullan couldn’t help but laugh as he looked over the poster, “Nobles these days are a curious bunch. Like children tossing out silly tales, you’d hear from yer gran. Disgraceful behavior, te’ think the nobility are supposed to lead by example.” He shakes his head as he walks away now in a bad mood.

• Like Like x 1
    #12 SpudManDom, Jan 22, 2019
  13. ZiggyStarDusted

ZiggyStarDusted *lute music stops*

Enzo de Letoirneau would have read through just about a hundred false denouncements at this point in his life, and he wasnt treating this one any differently.

"Is this factual evidence or is it just a misplaced drama novel from my shelf..? The stuff they come up with.."

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  14. Banard

Banard AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

”Alas, the higher the chivalry of the knight, the deeper the depravity of the frog behind the mantle.” Ceufroy bitterly replies to his sibling’s thought, skimming over his own copy of the poster. ”It’s in their nature, I think. They’ll continue to bark and piss at eachother like rabid street dogs with no bother for ethics and even moreso the law. Imagine that at this point only one of their matriarchs can issue any reprimand, but with the very principle of woman rule, well— no-one’s going to prickle their ears, not even the fanily men themselves.”

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Aespair

Aespair Am I the only one here?

“If they both dealt equal blows that resulted in a draw, then they both must be without honor, is that not so?” Gallus/Moritz said to Enzo Celso from a not-so-far home, “These are some mental gymnastics that even I struggle with.”
    @Nitesho

16. Ellimairy

Ellimairy Sophia Du Polignac

"Oh by the spirit- Just wondering when they will write about our grocery shopping."​

• Powerful Powerful x 4
  17. Arhbi

Arhbi Peacemaker Supremium

"Right after we comment on the product you use to keep your ridiculous hair-do in place."​

• Powerful Powerful x 7
  18. _Owlet

_Owlet Nelfin Redhead

A certain blonde scanned over the text, rolling her eyes. Speaking in the most uninterested and monotonous voice she could muster.

" What a surprise, House Delmotte, yet again."

19. Vivo_Et_Vincam

Vivo_Et_Vincam The Walking Spreadsheet

Harric van der Veer would read what happen, letting out a deep throated laugh. "It's like a really bad play, honestly. Poor Ser de Letoirneau for being poisoned, though I honestly can't find a victor to this quarrel, or a morally right side. This quarrel isn't just a one sided affair. I'll stick to those I trust within it though for the answers."

20. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

Kalmar's gaze flickered over a copy of the writing, his arms folded over his chest as the Warcaller ushered Jorg'un over with a nod of his head. "To end foolishness they fight just like we do, but Ailor duels just end in dishonor, and then they turn to us and call us the savages." he spoke out in his usual deep, and guttural tone, taking a moment to think about what path laid ahead of the two families.

@Empaul

• Powerful Powerful x 3
    #20 TalkChat, Jan 22, 2019
  21. mochha

mochha yolo Supremium

I do not understand why the de Letoirneau family still has their noble status. Its baffling.
    Spoke Marie Peirgarten within the confines of the Peirgarten estate. Peering over to her relative, Amelina Peirgarten.

@seoulmate
    —-

Lorelei swaggered by the informative post on a random Tuesday morning walk with three of her closest acquaintances. Upon catching sight of the announcement, the aberrant skidded backwards to read through with an inquisitive gaze.
    Wwoah! Cat! Ame!— ELLY! Come look! They posted ‘bout that whole cluster shit yesterday. I’m betting my money on th’Delmottes to win this one.

@zuola @pixYcandi @Jareth

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
    #21 mochha, Jan 22, 2019
  22. HeyitsNano

HeyitsNano The Messiah

Being delivered this note into his office, the man would look over it and rip it in half, only to shake his head. “These Delmotte throw wild accusations to evade more manifest
    indictments proclaimed against them. To only remember the time when one called me a hypocrite. I see it the other way around.
    ”, spoke Baron von Dietrich to a certain other person in the room.
    @maddydaddyy

• Agree Agree x 1
    #22 HeyitsNano, Jan 22, 2019
  23. Mortisian

Mortisian The Flesh is Weak, the Machine is Strong

He'd look to ( @CrookedChrona ) Nark with a low grunt, "Since we were there I want you to remember that whatever that "Honor Duel" they had was, it lost its purpose when they let their pride and ego get in the way of staying true to their own Codes of Honor. Never fuck with Tradition, easiest way to survive in their world." He'd then raise his index finger and middle finger from his right hand up to his forehead and draw it down to his heart with a grunt, signing a prayer motion inaudibly to the revived health of the combatants so that maybe next time they could do it right.

• Winner Winner x 2
  24. Surrealizm

Surrealizm Refugee

Kerrin Olorel heard of the happenings pinching the bridge of her nose and shaking her head. “They call my kind savage, demons, and yet. Nobles are proclaiming they are witches. Who are the real savages and demons. Us or them? They fight over minuscule matters. And then this de Letoirneau family cowards the lot are for trying to strike down a man in a honor duel trying to turn it into a fight to the death.” She tapped her chin and turned in her heel. “Maybe I should offer my services to House Delmotte, the world always needs more medics.”

25. SnashuuPomaymay

SnashuuPomaymay lol die

Hyacinthe’s brows furrowed in bafflement when she caught wind of the news from the talk between her various family members. The young girl was swift to visit her wounded uncle Olivier, settling herself beside him with a distraught huff. Lying gets people no where.. What’s wrong with these Delmottes to think they’re saints? Must I point out the time one of their men nearly pointed a blade at me and Aunty Ana? The man clearly had intent kill me and her if not for him being stopped- It was in his eyes!- Or what about every single time they’ve sicked that weird bald guy with the odd blonde mostache onto us like a dog? Or- Or now! Right now, the fact that they’re lying to the public saying you could have killed that man, despite the fact that he’s the one who nearly killed you! She rambled, dropping plentiful amounts of questions onto poor Olivier in her state of confusion, and a will to further understand the oddities of Noble court.
    @Ottorintsu

• Powerful Powerful x 2
    #25 SnashuuPomaymay, Jan 22, 2019
  26. Altalar

Altalar has Rabies

Agnes would take the note in hand, her eyes stopping upon the Delmotte Crest for a moment, as her face drew a slightly exhausted expression she would bring the paper forwards, placing the edge of the letter deep within the candles flames as she allowed for it to catch fire, within seconds the paper was non-existant.
    "If only these petty arguments could die as quickly, seems every week someone new from the Delmotte has a head shoved far their own ass, they suddenly feel the need to rekindle such a childish feud... "

• Powerful Powerful x 5
  27. CrookedChrona

CrookedChrona Your Friendly Neighborhood Orc

Nark Garothmuk scratched at his beard as he looked over the public note with (@Mortisian) Unric, his expression shifting several times from confusion to hilarity to exhaustion before stopping at bemusement. "All this drama with Nobles is exhausting. Shit went South real fast as soon as they hired me. Gotta see if Putyati is still gonna be loyal to them after all this- they even dragged her into all of this when that turned out to a bold-faced lie too!" He sighs but goes into an amused chuckle. "Gotta find myself some new employment soon- dunknow if that forge is worth all this."

#27 CrookedChrona, Jan 22, 2019
  28. Ailethi

Ailethi neighborhood milf lover Supremium

"Yikes," was all Camilla spoke.

Anna frowned, shaking her head with a disappointed sigh. "Nobility has become such a mess since I left this City. More like fighting children if anything..."

29. alianon

alianon .

Faust wasn't ever really one for gossip as such, but when it swooped up half the city in disappointed commentary and the rampant rumor of orc-fiascos, it was an obstacle course to avoid the subject through it's various shows. His kaffee wasn't the best, but he managed to sip it down to a half-way point, as he took a moment to pause at the latest denouncement, for a second allowing it to merely settle into his palm. The next few minutes passed, his eyes glued to the paper as his brows furrowed forwards in a narrow squint. Void, he could swear if he tried to glare at it any further he could've popped a blood vessel, and besides a crowd, it'd.. Be weird to do that, it's not like he's associated with the drama or anything.

The second next thing was to listen to the commentary of others - that is - after all - where he picked up the ever so popular rumors about this entire noble house showdown. As a Darkwald, he could easily disregard this whole thing as more 'Ithanian weirdness', but.. He wasn't exactly in the order anymore, was he? Well, whatever the case is, his curiosity was, to say, just a bit piqued to keep trying to get the news on the latest 'tea', as it was called. It was a shame that he was only able to pick up idle commentary, perhaps the usual philosophical musing of some passerby on the street. Eventually, he gave up. He outstretched his arms with a subtle yawn as he began to meander down the street once more.

Damn. He wished he can read.
    edit: made it nicer to read since peoplere. rating this. im going to make it longer every denouncement

• Educated Educated x 4
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    #29 alianon, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  30. Ottorintsu

Ottorintsu

Olivier looked on over towards Hyacinthe, tugging uncomfortably at the bandages wrapped around his neck. He let out a brief, dry cough before reaching a palm out to rustle her hair, a faint smile forming on his weary features as he was bombarded with questions. "Were I to understand it myself, dear niece, I suppose I wouldn't be in this sorry state. Their slander knows no bounds."

@SnashuuPomaymay

• Powerful Powerful x 1