X

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Violettee, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Violettee

Violettee Not Registered

x

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    #1 Violettee, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2022
  2. Lord_ArchAngel

Lord_ArchAngel Justice Bringer

3. Ndfeb

Ndfeb CEO of Lyrah

Big agree.

4. Ridgee

Ridgee P.I.

5. Togal

Togal Combat Engineer

I agree with this as well, It wont hurt to allow alt factions. It also may increase the bigger factions to recruit more often.

6. Dexter54

Dexter54

7. jquaile

jquaile Refugee

seems good

8. onearmsquid

onearmsquid Dragon of Semperis Staff Member Game2

Allow storages so long as they don't exceed X amount of chunks, keeping my storage in my faction that I don't own makes me worrisome of my stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FubeTheMangler

FubeTheMangler Founder of Raptum

[​IMG]

• Educated Educated x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. DrewRat24

DrewRat24

11. kniferharm

kniferharm ILoveEveryone

12. kevencolis

kevencolis Baby

dont know what more it could bring to the table. I made storage rooms for players in my faction and used the f access to allow only certain players to the faction facilities/storage rooms. Also used perms so people cant build unless they have access to specific chunks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lyee

Lyee Your Best Enemy

I see know problem with allowing alt factions connected to the main faction, should they follow claim rules etc.
    I agree

14. Cythyan

Cythyan Perplexity

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. BlueChaos

BlueChaos Beggar

Disagree. You can easily make underground area to store your items in, place locks on the chests or doors. Yeah some people don't use locks, but they should if they want to keep their items private from others. The plugin is there to be used, use it.

Or f access like what @kevencolis has said.
    Also nice picture of whiterun.

16. kevencolis

kevencolis Baby

yeah I thought of it before making my faction this way. What about a better way to see who has access to the chunks instead? (if its possible of course) Cause right now the way of seeing who has access to certain chunks is quite painful even more if you have a big faction.

17. kevencolis

kevencolis Baby

would pretty much solved all the problems youre evoking and would not have to use an other atl faction to claim some land.
    Got no idea how this could be simplified tho..

18. ZiHAMMER

ZiHAMMER Violettee is a transgender

ok

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  19. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

Just because something doesn't add a lot doesn't mean it's not a good idea... if anything, the fact that this idea doesn't have a lot of downsides or drawbacks says more to me. There's something about PVP factions and the way people move around that wouldn't make me comfortable storing my stuff there. Regardless if it's me moving around or leadership moving around. I think this idea will allow people to be more loyal without risk of losing their stuff or builds.

20. kevencolis

kevencolis Baby

I never said this wasnt a good idea. I suggested something to get the same result..

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

Much wisdom

22. MyCatBubbles

MyCatBubbles Massivecrafts Schizo

cyfalafwyr is basically an alt faction gone too far so i agree

23. Zacatero

So it doesn't actually give the same result. I would not have control over my stuff in your idea... so if I was no longer in the faction I would risk losing my stuff all the same as now

24. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

I suppose a relaxation of the alt faction rules would do no harm seeing as the server still has plenty of space.

25. falconhand

falconhand Aieralynian Kingdom

I'm going to Necro this thread :P

Is this still something players want? If so, I can put it forward in the game department .

26. Zacatero

I think its still something that should be considered

27. Wooperr

Wooperr

I want alt factions to be allowed yes, at least allow them in oceans, similar to DR's.

28. Cae_22

Cae_22 Mall Santa | Freelance sperm donor

I don’t see any reason not to do this to be honest, the only argument I’ve seen is that it’s not completely necessary, but that’s not even a negative thing, most ideas aren’t ‘necessary’ but rather a luxury that would benefit nearly all factions in their own way, Insani has a darkroom just off its coast, since alt factions are not allowed, in order to use our darkroom we have to turn on mobs, however everywhere else in Insani that isn’t completely lit up mobs spawn now (which is an annoyance in its own way) but it also disrupts building, it disrupts role play, and can even be annoying in pvp situations. The only downside I see in this idea is that it is not implemented yet and hasn’t really been talked about. A possible alternative (although it wouldn’t fix Insani’s issue mentioned above) would be to allow multiple f homes in the expense of a large amount of faction power and or regals (with a limit of 1-2 alternative f homes) I.E Insani has a market, Insani has plenty of excess power, possibly a command like /F Home Create (tp name) so you could type /F Home Insani (tp name) possibly the alternative tp perms could be changed in /F Perms so only officers can use it if it was for example a storage or something that said faction would want on lockdown as Violettee said in the original post. frankly I don’t know how hard that would be or the power/regal cost but it is an interesting idea. Possibly moderated in some way/shape/form to ensure that it wasn’t abused.

29. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

I see no issue with alt factions, and didn't see a problem before except to give everyone a fair chance at claiming territory post server move.

Alt factions have little downsides so long as they have function and not just arbitrary land claims. The only rule I think should occur for alt factions is that they have something built over them eventually (minus the ocean).

30. Alj23

Alj23 Regalian Pioneer

Pretty sure the argument against traditional alt (storage/base) factions when the server transitioned was that there was only going to be one world and it was going to be full and teeming with ever expanding factions. We haven’t /quite/ hit that goal yet.

Alt factions are good in helping retain older, more veteran players. We’ve seen older, veteran players own an alt faction(s) for a variety of reasons that should all be considered valid and worthwhile gameplay:
    • Protect their items (some players aren’t comfortable with having the items physically located in faction territory they might lose access to, for example if they got kicked from the faction. The headache of involving staff to go retrieve the items isn’t something they want to deal with.)
    • Want to build/own a personal base while still playing with friends in a main faction.
    • Build or buy bases to flip and sell. This had been a decently sized money making venture on the last server. I haven’t seen it so much since the server transitioned.

Bring alt factions back please. They really shouldn’t be an issue when it comes to land available. And if land does become scarce, that means it’s just time for a new world.

31. falconhand

falconhand Aieralynian Kingdom