Under Review Factions Rework: Massiveempire

Discussion in 'Factions' started by onearmsquid, Dec 17, 2018.

1. onearmsquid

onearmsquid Dragon of Semperis Supremium

[​IMG]

Disclaimer:

This thread is just a brief version of what our idea is so players may put their input. If any person has questions or concerns regarding this thread and the idea, please ask away and tag @onearmsquid and @ViolentViolette.

The Face of Factions - MassiveCraft Empires

In Factions/Survival on MassiveCraft there is no real identity. Crisis of Nobles, former Crisis of Kings, tried to allow such an idea to come to life but it had its drawbacks. For starters, it required too much moderation of multiple factions by staff via recording points and reviewing builds/lore stories/etc. In this new idea, we hope to use some of the benefits that CoN provided and remove a lot of the manual labour. Instead of allowing player factions to become the main identity of Survival, we propose that four Empire Factions, “Admin Factions” (factions that are permanent), be created that allowed new players to join and have a place to start.

To involve player factions, we suggest that a system be put in place, much like the alliances in the old CoN, where player factions can align with an Empire Faction and earn points for said Empire Faction through various events and such.

[​IMG]

Empire Factions

These Empire Factions need to be themed to a race (lore complaint races) and their builds and ideals need to match. These factions also must have a city prebuilt (world department) so that new players can join the server and have a place to call home. Player should not be allowed to build in these cities, however like Regalia housing, be able to claim a house and modify the interior to their liking. A staff member, preferably a game member, should also be assigned to that faction and maintain the housing so we don’t have a bunch of unused houses that no one can use. Each Empire needs to be at war with each other to reduce the chances of one becoming OP and help with balancing this system.

Aligning with Empire Factions

We want to include everyone who wishes to participate in this rework of factions, this meaning that player factions can contribute to Empire factions by aligning themselves with them. A system should be put into place, much like the alliance in the old CoN, where player factions
    can apply to be allied to these Empire Factions. Players can earn points for their Empire Faction by completely various events. (Earning points will be detailed further below)

Preferred Empire Factions

We have came up with a few exampes for these Empire Factions which is listed below:

❂ The Regalian Empire
    • Primary Race: Ailor
    • Cause: Spread own ideals.
    〶 The Hanamichi “Path of flowers”
    • Primary Race: Chien’ji/Sihai
    • Cause: Fight for wildlife preservation.
    ∅ The Immortals
    • Primary Race: Qadir
    • Cause: Revival of their race and status.
    ㊉ The Draefend “Hunters”
    • Primary Race: Vampire
    • Cause: World Domination.
    How to earn points (Events)

In order to allow players to participate with this new Factions Rework: MassiveCraft Empires, we propose that events be created such as KoTH, PvP Tournaments, etc. These events will require staff involvement as most events do, but this would show players that staff care for Survival. Below is a list of possible events that could be used to earn points for the Empire Factions:

King of the Hill

King of the Hill, otherwise known as KoTH, is an event where players fight to control a hill (duh). Players must remain in the hill (region) for five (5) minutes in order to capture the hill and win.

PvP Tournaments

Staff ran PvP tournaments where players participate in 1v1s and 2v2s. Players who win their fight advance to the next round and so forth until a champion is declared.

Siege - Empire Massive Battle

A massive battle where each Empire faction has a fortress and fight players from other Empires on the same map. Empire vs Empire vs Empire vs Empire. Last Empire standing wins.

Format for people to use when replying

What you like:
    What you don't like:
    What you'd do differently:
    Would you participate:

• Like x 6
    • Winner x 4
    • Cuddles! x 2
    • Powerful x 2
    • Constructive x 1
    #1 onearmsquid, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  2. MDJTHEHERO

MDJTHEHERO Beggar

Like most of this, played on a server similar to it once, however for it to have any actual major feeling of effect on gameplay i suggest each empire having their territory that only they can claim in, this would also create a feeling of "danger" when venturing into opposing empires lands considering you cant claim land etc.

Also a border wall would be cool i guess? each empire having a wall around them i suppose.

Also would combat be enabled in those empire "capital" cities?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    #2 MDJTHEHERO, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  3. ZiHAMMER

ZiHAMMER Violettee is a transgender

Add points for flame in pvp chat.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Educated Educated x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  4. Lyee

Lyee Your Best Enemy

I love the idea of having admin factions that are beautifully built. However, I feel that having these as the "Main" part of factions could be harmful. I'd imagine people come to Minecraft (factions, at least), mainly, to build on their own and what not. As for the lore aspect, well. Lore changes constantly. Even races are being rewritten relatively often. They would probably become outdated and incorrect rather quickly. Picking these regions would also be tricky, as the places you've marked already have built-up factions.
    As a last little thought, who would run(not just sit in as the leader, but rather actively participate with and manage) these factions? Staff members not only are busy with their own factions a lot of the time, but with general, well... Staff things. Not to mention how often the staff team changes members.

• Constructive Constructive x 1
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. onearmsquid

Players can still join player factions. If they could build in the Empire Factions, they wouldn't want to leave and would make player factions less popular.

As for who runs them, a staff member should be assigned/volunteer. Preferably game as they help players with survival questions and such.

6. Violettee

Violettee Not Registered

There's a process involved when someone joins. Players pretty much enter the Survival/Factions world with 0 regals and 0 materials. Some are more efficient at gathering materials, and acquiring money than others, but regardless of how good you are at this, most players need to resort to joining an already existing faction for somewhere to take shelter and gather resources until they can head out and start up their own faction. In fact, I'm pretty sure the servers set up to encourage this path. Otherwise most players would have their own faction. This is not ideal. Also, I see more singles coming through than groups of people, so they'll need the extra support, even if only for those crucial stages when they first join. Spending your first few weeks in an established faction beats living in an unclaimed dirt hut for goodness knows how long.

The Races selected so far are mainly examples, but honestly, as far as builds go, or their concept, they pretty much stay the same. A vampire faction will pretty much always look like a vampire faction. And all of these races, The "White People", "Middle Eastern people", and "Asian people" of the server have pretty much always remained the same. Little details shift sure, but as far as the builds go, you can't go wrong. Besides, they manage to remodel Regalia just fine, so a Faction should be somewhat quick work in comparison. Anyways, we're just taking themes from the lore, not actually using it down to every last detail.

Essalonia isn't that populated, it would just be like any other faction springing up next door. Also we need to encourage clusters of factions if it's going to be Empire themed. And once again, don't fret too much, these were just quick examples.

I'd prefer to have a Staff member in each of these factions, because I feel staff presence in factions is a big contributor to player activity in the survival worlds. However this doesn't always mean they have to be so active, a lot of the process can be automated. I basically want these Factions to be Mini Regalias with PVP Enabled and Chests available. We'd only need Staff for light maintenance.

• Constructive Constructive x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

This kind of reminds me of like Mortal Kombat faction war in Mortal Kombat X. I love it. What this really allows is for factions to contribute without having to be constantly active and doing something. It acknowledges that people can't always be on and it's discouraging for factions to lose just because they aren't able to be as active

8. Lyee

Lyee Your Best Enemy

I honestly have nothing more to say as to why this shouldn't be a thing. We'll see what other people have to offer.
    Edit: Seems I worded things poorly. I'm not against the idea.

#8 Lyee, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  9. Violettee

Violettee Not Registered

This is not designed to get in the way of people who want to make their own factions, It is an OPTION.
    Don't not discuss this. We need to bounce ideas off each other, so tell me what you'd do different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Zacatero

Zacatero Regalian High Lord

If this idea were posted three or four years ago... I'd be right alongside you. I wouldn't think this is a good idea. But if you take into account the decline in factions players and the way people who don't have a lot of time to get on easily get burnt out or discouraged trying to compete with factions who can get on a lot more often... I think this set up for factions that's being proposed offers a way for more people to get involved regardless of how much time they are able to put in

11. onearmsquid

Also please show your friends, this suggestion is for the whole survival community, not just pvpers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FubeTheMangler

FubeTheMangler Founder of Raptum

[​IMG]

• Immersive Immersive x 3
    • Educated Educated x 1
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  13. Ieso

Ieso

sure

14. Ieso

Ieso

Good idea

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  15. ANT1D0T3

ANT1D0T3 machine gun

just add empires to the factions plugin ;thonk;

16. gioem

gioem Enthusiasm Enthusiast

This Looks cool. I hope it comes out

17. jets420

jets420 jets42

Sounds gucci

18. Tom3409

Tom3409

This sounds so goooood! +1

19. poilet66

poilet66 M4ST3R R3N0V8R

I’m with it, massive needs a way to stop overcrowding of sides as well as a way to engage people in pvp and factions, you could even have people who win the normal events like PvE contribute points towards factions so it’s slightly more inclusive?
    I like the idea but I think it’d have to be done quite precisely in that everything is balanced. Also you could potentially toggle pvp in the capitals so role play events could take place or so noobs wouldn’t just get spawn killed but that might be a step too far; let me know what you think!
    Well done on making a (pretty good) attempt at livening factions, I’ll be pleased to hear how this goes :)

20. MyCatBubbles

MyCatBubbles Massivecrafts Schizo

I think the Empires idea is pretty constricting since if you like neither Empire and wanna be an edgy nationalist alpha like Insani used to be your kinda shit outta luck, everything else looks chill though

21. Violettee

Violettee Not Registered

I'd like to remind people this is only an Option, and you don't have to participate and you can totally do your own thing!

22. Violettee

Violettee Not Registered

Please use the suggested format when replying:

What you like:
    What you don't like:
    Would you participate:
    Other thoughts and Questions:

23. Sevak

Sevak King of Deldrimor

This is an incredible idea that resembles exactly what MassiveCraft Factions is meant to be. This can not only provide new players with a welcoming, learning environment, but also give veteran players new and interesting activities. This benefits more than just the PvP community. I don't have much time to play when I'm at school but when I'm home on breaks I'd love to have something refreshing and new to do on Massive

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Powerful Powerful x 1
  24. Violettee

Violettee Not Registered

What you like:
    What you don't like:
    Would you participate:

25. Licinian

Licinian

I love the idea but I feel like it has a lot of kinks, I haven’t been on massivecraft in a long time and my opinions are old (getting a computer built to get back on). The idea of a place for new players to sit and collect items is awesome, and if they can actually decide to help fight or stay Passive is good.

What I think the problems would be is large number of new players probably won’t stay in a faction like this for long. For me I always want to start my own place and build it from the ground up which isn’t always the case for everyone, and if there’s lots of players that join and leave in one day, then houses and cleanup will be a big task. To keep players in, there needs to be people conversing and talking a lot. In my experience joining a faction to be welcomed by 1 person and then I’m alone is never a good case and I’m always gone in a short amount of time.

There needs to be something special to keep players in these factions or keep ties to them. Maybe ONLY faction members or allied factions can participate in team events to earn prizes and such

Because of my play style I probably would not join one of these factions but the idea of big faction wars and clashing clans would be really fun to play alongside, but not in.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Violettee

Violettee Not Registered

I completely understand how the clean up job might be a bit annoying for staff, depending on how often players come through, I believe we did discuss maintenance of new players should contribute towards staff's work points for the week. We're also looking at how these rooms can time out and the next person can just claim it. Personally, I'm not too bothered if there are items left, if the player is truly just trying the server out and goes inactive after 3 or so weeks then their items can be up for grabs.

I want to encourage people to form groups and leave these factions eventually. But I'm happy to have houses supplied for people who want to stay in these factions. I enjoy giving people the freedom to choose. Both paths work towards community. Unless of course they want to be a 1 man faction. But then.. so be it I guess?

I was hoping a lot of the player ran factions allied to these Empire factions could use them as a means to recruit new people too. So technically the same people could stay in circulation.

27. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

What you like: The concentration of players, an incentive to PvP, and the idea of sprawling cities
    What you don't like: The large amount of stress and workload it would place on both World and Game staff, the limited number of Empires, the lack of emphasis placed on player-made factions, a lack of protection placed against Empire stacking, and a lack of avenues that can be used by non-PvP factions to gain points.
    What you'd do differently: Implement more ways than just PvP methods to obtain points, implement some sort of protection against stacking one particular empire, and implement some incentive for roleplayers to get involved
    Would you participate: Probably
    Other thoughts and Questions: There definitely needs to be a major incentive for factions players to get involved- if the system is optional and the only methods of gaining points are through PvP means, I honestly don't see many factions signing up to this system other than the current PvP factions. Needs some refinement and expansion in my opinion (granted, it's stated as a brief description) but overall I think it's a good idea

• Constructive Constructive x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Violettee

Violettee Not Registered

Had this one come up a bit, I agree we need to look at other Non-PVP related ways that Allied player ran factions, and the noobs in these Empire factions can do to earn points. Events, games and competitions need to be brainstormed for this. So if you have any ideas. Please create a Google Doc and link it.

29. Violettee

Violettee Not Registered

What you like:
    What you don't like:
    Would you participate:

30. grizenator

grizenator Refugee

Love it, maybe get players to volunteer builds of decent quality and matching with the theme/style so that players can still contribute in the construction like they would in a normal faction.

31. EternallyDarkX

EternallyDarkX The Estranged Queen of Ended

What you like: I love the idea of getting players back into factions. LOVE IT. Factions have been steadily declining, and I certainly agree that we need more people back in survival.

What you don't like: However, doing primarily "Race-based" factions has advantages and drawbacks. Especially when certain factions don't have specific "Races" they stick with or allow many different races to join. Edit: Someone mentioned this earlier too, but this would possibly put stress on staff members, who do have their own factions to worry about. Edit No. 2: I want to clarify, I like the idea of the race-based factions, I just think there should be... one that is a mixing pot sort of deal.

What you'd do differently: I'd advise having either a category of let's say a melting pot sort of deal where one of the empires don't really /mind/ what races are in the faction. Also, instead of just having points for PVP as someone else stated, why not have points for lore posts or continuous roleplay within the factions?

Would you participate: Personally? No, as my faction tends to remain as peaceful as possible to encourage building, RP, and such back in the factions world which doesn't exactly happen all of the time. I stayed out of CoN for this reason as well, and fewer people raided Ended given there wasn't much of a gain from doing it. (points etc.) And this would open a backdoor that I'd prefer to keep closed.

Tagging @Enderren to get their opinion out there as well since we're debating this in my factions discord chat.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  32. Violettee

Violettee Not Registered

We're planning on making it as automated as possible with little staff intervention, any work they might have to do, we think should go towards their end of week points at least.

• Agree Agree x 1
  33. Violettee

Violettee Not Registered

I guess they did that with the BO2 teams when they were releasing hyarroc and that.

34. Typhenon

Typhenon Professional Potion Bouncer

eh

• Immersive Immersive x 2
  35. onearmsquid

What you like:
    What you don't like:
    Would you participate:

36. Typhenon

What you like: eh
    What you don't like: eh
    What you'd do differently: eh
    Would you participate: eh
    Other thoughts and Questions: eh

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  37. Violettee

Violettee Not Registered

If this ever goes ahead, I don't want to hear you complain about any of it. You're being given a chance to weigh in on a decision and you're wasting your post on an "eh".

38. Typhenon

also koth plugin dont work w massive my dude

39. Typhenon

im stating exactly how i feel about this, i feel eh, it's not too good but could be worse, it's eh, what don't you understand

40. onearmsquid

KoTH can be done through a MassiveQuest, my dude