Dated Pvp Council?

Discussion in 'PVP' started by MDJTHEHERO, Dec 15, 2018.

?

Add a PvP council

1. yes

68.4%
  2. no

31.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDJTHEHERO

MDJTHEHERO Beggar

Instead of the old PvP staff, add a council of 5-10 people that know how PvP, cheating etc works, they wouldnt even need any staff powers, only to assist staff in hack reports, screenshares and PvP related questions.

Example: staff shows the PvP council footage from a hack report, if majority of people on the PvP council agree that the reported player was cheating, then staff would ban them.

Players that would be good for this: Ieso, slayer1618, darkwatch01, mdjayy, winterless, morrc5, hardname. Cant really think of more players suitable for this right now, but having 3 staff members on the council would also ensure that its kept under controll and professional.

Also if youre gonna vote no, please explain why, i feel like alot of people vote no to suggestions just for the sake of voting no.

When you review this suggestion staff, please ignore all the votes on the poll from people who have never PvPed in their life.

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    #1 MDJTHEHERO, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  2. hardname12

hardname12 1v7 no potz

3. CnocBride

CnocBride Former leader of Enigma.

PvP related questions, yes.
    Providing more in-depth analysis of PvP suggestions, yes.
    Providing advice on hacking issues, possibly.
    Making decisions on actual PvP related bans, no.

A council of players should never actually handle what to punish. Advising on whether a player should be banned is also risky due to the possibility of people co-operating to get a person (a person they may not like) banned more easily.

4. MDJTHEHERO

MDJTHEHERO Beggar

What youre missing is that theres only 1 player on the staff team currently that knows what hacking looks like, and that same player is heavily suspected of cheating himself, so i feel like they sorta need to reach out for the communities help?

5. CnocBride

That's why I included "Providing advice on hacking issues, possibly."

If such a council came to fruition, they would not be given any power to actually punish, only power to advise. Much like how the General Assembly of the UN would advise on Security Council resolutions. The staff retain the right to take or not take into account advice from the PvP council but the PvP council should never have the authority to warrant the punishment of a player.

That leads to the opening of the floodgates for serious abuse issues.

6. MDJTHEHERO

MDJTHEHERO Beggar

Im not saying the PvP council would be able to do ./ban, im saying if staff asked for its help to resove a hack report for example, then if 7/7 players on the PvP council agree that the suspect is indeed cheating, then obviously he should be banned because PvP council would know more about cheating and PvP than the actual staff team.

7. Snore

Snore *Grunt... grunt grunt*

No, this seems like a desire for power. There is no reason why this can't happen in the current state of massivecraft, other than it ofcourse there would be no title to go along with this. If this a desire of yours to have something like this than I think it'd take more than just a reason of why something like this should exist, outside of the reason it is not taking place in the current system.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. hardname12

hardname12 1v7 no potz

you dont pvp stfu and stop typing

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. onearmsquid

onearmsquid Dragon of Semperis Supremium

I agree, however the process of being able to assist Staff with hacking reports should only be concluded if the people helping also follow the Codex. Basically meaning that they stay hush hush and don't criminalize players who might be falsely accused.

10. MDJTHEHERO

MDJTHEHERO Beggar

Agreed, keep in mind that 3 staff members would be on the council to ensure that it works properly and professionally.

11. MDJTHEHERO

MDJTHEHERO Beggar

1. you clearly didnt read the post 2. youre not a pvper so fuck off 3. not trying to be rude but once again i wrote if you arent a pvper we dont want your opinion 4. go away

12. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

Hurt

But yea, idk about assisting in bans tbh. Definitely all for having a smaller group of actual pvpers to give advice on balancing issues beyond the think tank though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. kevencolis

kevencolis Baby

Non-pvpers should abstract from this post’s poll since they know pretty much nothing about this part of the game mechanics.

14. MDJTHEHERO

MDJTHEHERO Beggar

Sorry honey

15. hardname12

hardname12 1v7 no potz

idk how I feel about the bans either but balancing issues yes

16. ZiHAMMER

ZiHAMMER Violettee is a transgender

I vote ban MDJayy. [1/7]

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Kleinfolk

Kleinfolk cool beans

I voted no for the sake of it.

18. Braive

Braive kid

Got my vote since a pvp council should be allowed to give their input, but I don’t believe they should have the potential to ban people. I like your concept of it and do believe if said council was implemented, all should agree for any taken actions

19. MDJTHEHERO

MDJTHEHERO Beggar

I dont think you guys understand that the PvP council wouldnt be able to ./Ban, theyd just be normal players with a normal white name, but they review footage and advice the staff who represent the PvP community like slayeer1618 and winterless.

20. MDJTHEHERO

MDJTHEHERO Beggar

You have been reported to the staff team, hopefully you'll be banned off the forums for this, stupid troll.

21. Kleinfolk

Kleinfolk cool beans

Sound.

22. Winterless

Winterless The MVP of Romance RP

I'm not staff anymore, fam

23. MDJTHEHERO

MDJTHEHERO Beggar

Well you were when this post was made, and you being staff or not does not change the fact that you know alot about PvP and would contribute positively to this council if it were ever implemented.

24. Cythyan

Cythyan Perplexity

Possible a good idea, and for the argument that the council could cooperate to get a player banned. In mayority of scenario's i think that most staff will seek out advice from each other before dealing with strict punishments, atleast that was how it was back two years ago. so having a group of 1-10 people doesn't really sound too bad. i can see your point of view, but in a different scenario where you basically put 10 friends in that council cause that is obviously not gonna work at all. but however having people who has somewhat knowledge of a client and people who actually have/are pvping to judge whether or not the player are indeed using an unfair advantage i think is perfectly fine. At the end of the day, dealing with the punishment itself are of course up to people who live and goes with the Staff codex of massivecraft. But i would rather have a council than having no staff who actually knows how to spot a client, cause that is the situation today, i'm going to put it in the most grotesquely way of saying it. There is no one today, on staff, who actually knows how to spot a client, i've heard people saying they know a little about it but no. they might try and convince you, but no. and it doesn't take 500 iq to notice that there is no one that knows either.

if we came to a scenario where a council where to be implemented, i would suggest that putting it together with people from different factions and "friend groups" and a staff member to moderate it, also the staff member should be allowed to communicate openly with the group. I think the mayority of the playerbase today wishes to give the best to the community. alot of us have been on the staff team already but left for various reasons, but at the end of the day. i believe that a group of people who have been here for 2+ years won't try to hurt it's playerbase, even though they might be enemies. i believe most of us are able to put our difference aside when it comes to a decision that will affect our playerbase, especially when it comes to PvP because we are so small.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. FubeTheMangler

FubeTheMangler Founder of Raptum

jeff

• Educated Educated x 1
  26. Ceyara

Ceyara Probably Not Real

I second what Snore said. This seems more like a way to get a small group of people (who are quite often deemed toxic, I would add) to have power over other players. But I may be wrong, idk.

27. Violettee

Violettee Not Registered

I agree with Cnoc here.
    For you MDJ, I agree to the point that Staff should have a List of pvpers in the community they can approach for their input on pvp related topics. This shouldn't be a public list.

28. Herecy

Herecy Demon king & Founder of Wrath

I like this idea

29. MDJTHEHERO

MDJTHEHERO Beggar

1. They would only help staff review hack footage and conduct screenshares? but you probably dont know what that is because youre not a PvPer so please delete your post and get out, thanks.

#29 MDJTHEHERO, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  30. onearmsquid

onearmsquid Dragon of Semperis Supremium

So long as the players selected do not make the final say on punishments and keep the reports and such private. I have no problem with this.

31. MDJTHEHERO

MDJTHEHERO Beggar

Exactly, the staff members in the PvP council would have the final say.

32. SirePyro

SirePyro The Definition of Insanity

How is this still pending review, it's been over a year...

33. CnocBride

A PvP Council was established by MonMarty prior to the sledgehammer. It proceeded well for the first few weeks, but it drifted outside of his 'view' for it and it started including a bunch of non-PvP staff in on discussions.

Then the sledgehammer came and demolished the entirety of Game's institutions and replaced them with newer ones. The new PvP council was a small 5 person team consisting of the Game Department's PvP staff and a non-PvP staff to act as secretary for the council and to provide a counterweight opinion on the person committing the alleged offense, not the actual hacks used.

Differs from MDJay's proposal in that it consisted solely of staff and not community members. It was implemented, I have no idea how it functions now. However, at the time, we had about 19 members of the Game Department - the department has been culled to like 6? So, 'twas implemented in some shape or form. Who knows what way its in right now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.