House Ekaaten - Velheim Family

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by TalkChat, Aug 30, 2018.

1. TalkChat

TalkChat Thank you! And goodnight.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Family Name: House Ekaaten.
    Family Wealth: 5/10 (Commoner Status),
    Family Culture: Velheim.
    Family Origin: Holbaek, Tryllejag within the North Belt.
    Famly Motto: "I det mindste lever jeg." (At least I'm living).
    House Trade: Mostly farming, though guardwork amongst the house is very prevelent.
    Family Patriarch: Konrad Rok Ekaaten.

[​IMG]

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
    Table of Contents

I - Current History
    II - Family Homeland/Tradition
    III - Family Traits Male/Female
    IV - Family Tree/Ancestry
    V - Terms and Conditions
    VI - Application

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The settlement of Holbaek was a beautiful, and peaceful settlement within the North Belt for years, raids were less focused on due to the surplus of hunting and forging that went on within the small village. Holbaek was ruled by the Ekaaten family for generations who sought to unite Jarls together, create a wide-span of allegiances that one day unite Tryllejag as a whole. Though due to the aggressive nature of surrounding villages and Velheim culture Holbaek was soon struck upon by the most lethal of northern raiders. Jarl Sighrik Ekaaten, the final leader of the village had chosen to fortify Holbaek from these raiders, but simply refused to attack, so in short, the ‘peaceful’ village was hammered by this offensive legion of Velheimers. Soon enough, Holbaeks walls fell and so did the throne. Sighrik was slaughtered in front of his family by Rikard the ‘Bloodthirsty as his party called him, this Rikard was to take the throne and did, in turn controlling the whole of Holbaek. In his rule, he took a liking to Sighrik's oldest, Konrad, which was the sole reason why he spared the rest of the Ekaaten’s, though they did not live on without a severe struggle, looked at by peasants to most by the new Vehleim of the village. Konrad grew and with him Rikard's bond, he paid for his schooling and the survival of his family, declaring that how he now owned the Ekaaten family and they would serve under him when the time struck. In turn, Konrad nodded along to what he said and requested the family to do the same in which they did.

Years passed and the men went off to schools in Drixagh or within the homeland under Skagger lodges. Holbaek had become more gruesome each day, the Velheimer’s becoming more apparent of the Ekaatens family as time passed on and often carried their name through the mud as peasants. Though this was only stopped a few days after the return of the last generation of men from their schooling, and the last elder Ekaaten was slaughtered by Rikard's hand due to a land dispute, along with the former patriarch's wife's passing due to poor health. That very night, Konrad led his brothers into the main fortress which Rikard and his few men settled and slaughtered them till the last man, leading to their eventual escape from the North Belt altogether. Each family member boarded one of four ships and sailed off to Regalia with a few supplies stops in Drixagh and Gallovia, carrying themselves with a fierce demeanor though were quickly made out to be cowards by most who heard of the end of Rikard the ‘Bloodthirsty’.

Upon arrival within Regalia, the family sought out jobs and whatever else was needed to give them a leg-up in an ever-changing environment. Men flocked to the guard chapters and most women sauntered toward the more passive trades besides the few women who decided to take up arms alongside the men. Sooner or later most eased into their regalian life, though stuck true to their morals and own affairs which carried themselves on within the North Belt. Konrad being the apparent leader, and the man at the helm of all troubles and feuds the family would get into, but it all seemed so fitting given the heir has risen to a new height along with the family as a whole. Time would only tell if the Ekaaten family would simply blend in with the other commoners, or would be known for something greater.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A painting of Holbaek by a Colonial traveler by the name of Rob Ross paid for in full by Sighrik Ekaaten
    Holbaek is somewhat of a hidden jewel within the North Belt, fertile land for farming within the short spring months, surrounded by snow-capped mountains and a decent sized gulf that rivers down to the main-coast. Under the Ekaaten rule the village was always progressing and expanding in every way it could, farms were formed and thriving and population were steady, morale was high. Holbaek made its few allegiances by trading off their surplus crops along with their furs from there hunting for peace. Those who roamed the streets of the village were happy, internal conflicts were solved rather quickly and actual disputes were few and none. But, when Rikard took over Holbaek after Sighrik's demise by his hand, the land changed quite dramatically, becoming battle-hardened, fortified, and made out to be another Velheim village like most. During Sighrik's rule the worst storms struck, the Ekaaten family begun to think that the gods were angry at Rikard and on their side as these storms flooded farmland destroyed the docked ships. The land in its physical form was ravaged in Rikard's rule, of course, morale lowered to an all-time low for the past settlers of Holbaek, bringing on a depression of sorts that plagued the land like a sickness. Now, when Konrad and the Ekaaten family fought back and succeeded in killing Rikard an elder of the land, named Cindric was forced into the throne, being a sixty-eight-year-old, he has ruled over Holbaek and keeping to the late Sighrik's ideals out of respect for the Ekaaten family which has ruled for generations. Cindric holds a special place in all the settlers of the small village, he has been through the rough and ease all his life and is someone that his highly regarded for his experience. Since Cindric took the throne, Holbaek has brightened up slowly but surely repairing everything they lost to the great storms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ekaaten Males

Stubborn, ambitious, boisterous, and driven are all words to describe the male figures within House Ekaaten. Usually, though not always, males are born under the standards that they live to serve the family by being a warrior either under the School of Skagger or under the Great Oak order. But, despite family norms, there are a few boys under the house that take to a more passive path despite their upbringing. Physical traits within the house are varied under mixtures of browns and even dark ginger, but a clear and notable trait is that those under the mainline, born from a Ekaaten-Velheim accomplice, all share a sage-green eye color. This eye color is even seen throughout some clothing, and has been apart of the families lineage for generations, marked even as the official house color of sorts. Those not born under the mainline often have either black hair and mud-stained brown eyes, or brown hair and brown eyes. Males are not required to wear any specific colorings or patterns to distinguish themselves, they have more freedom in their own appearance, usually cheap or otherwise bland wearings due to the current financial situation within the house.

Ekaaten Female

Women of house Ekaaten are something within their own nature, often straying away from the men in the house finding no comfort in them and blurring their thoughts with work. If one thing is sure, the girls of the house are more hardworking than the men but are never nearly regarded for it as the boys are. The girls often have a more cold-hearted nature about them due to the absolute horrors of the ‘Rikard Crisis’ which forced most Ekaaten women into a marriage or they were simply used. But, their cold-hearted nature is counteracted by their fearless demeanor. Few have gone under combative training, though those that do often become vicious warriors, those that don’t are commended for their body-workings, often investing their time into tattooing or crafting wears. Women of House Ekaaten sport a lighter-brown hair color, as well as the staple sage-green eye tone as long as they are the product of two Velheim.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • Konrad Ekaaten (29) @WrongChat: The current patriarch of the Ekaaten family, and once the rightful heir to the throne of Holbaek. Konrad was disregarded as a coward at a young age for obeying the raider Rikard demands, but as years passed the Ekaatens patience ran thin with the settlers. Upon his return from the school of Great Oak, the man led his brothers into the Holbaek keep and slew Rikard, now running his family with an iron fist and a fierce demeanor believing the gods are in his family's favor.
    • Volmer Ekaaten (26) Playable: The more boisterous one out of the brothers, Volmer seeks a greater ambition with his life apart from following in Konrad's shadow. He is a vigorous and relentless Skagger with some wit and power behind his step. Simply said, Volmer is usually the first to throw a punch when it is called for as he has taken the longest to adapt to Regalian standards.
    • Friss Ekaaten (10) Unplayable: *VACANT*
    • Asta Ekaaten (4) Unplayable: *VACANT*
    • Trulis Ekaaten (21) Playable: Solemn, strategic, yet frail, Trulis is the half-brother of Konrad and Volmer but treated like blood all the same. Trulis is a lean, but brilliant man, surprisingly not taking to the arts of fighting like his kin, but instead making his mark by his scholarly, and advisory role within the family. Trulis is cursed with lighter immunodeficiency and is almost always riddled with sickness if not kept under watch by his brothers. Unlike his Velheim kin, Trulis has brown hair and brown eyes.
    • Signe Ekaaten (18) Playable: A quiet member of House Ekaaten, though she was never always so silent as it was only until the Rikard Crisis that Signe had become difficult to speak with. She was born as the final, and youngest of three other siblings, Konrad and Volmer took her under great care, though when Rikard raided and settled within Holbaek the family had no choice but to offer her to Rikard at a very young age. She was made a servant girl and lived her whole stay dodging several incriminating attacks on her character. She was trained by the fellow girls how to weave and cook, but she always had a natural inkling for writing. Being the only one with legible work she would become useful for the House due to Konrad being absolutely illiterate. She also trains with her brothers in combat, specifically with the use of a sword, but also keeping to her studies with Trulis in the history of Aloria.
    Second Line
    • Karlsen Ekaaten (48) Playable: Karlsen is an Oldt Fayth bound man, he believes he was sent here to translate the gods and act in their behalf. Often advising Konrad with religion in mind, reminding him of his place in the world. House Ekaaten is a very religious house, believing in nothing but the gods and for those of the house that question the faith, they are best to keep quiet or Karlsen will act in response to such heresy. Though Karlsen is growing old, he still has a few more years of fight within him and is constantly doing upkeep about the family.
    • Claes Ekaaten (32) Playable: *UP TO PLAYER DISCRETION*
    • Bothilde Ekaaten (28) Playable: *UP TO PLAYER DISCRETION*
    • Finulf Ekaaten (26) Playable: *UP TO PLAYER DISCRETION*
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As the original creator (@WrongChat) I have all rights to every character within this post, it is my place to dictate who, and how players should portray my characters. I have the right to terminate those who I find unfitting for a variety of reasons and will give a talk to the player accordingly if such actions need to be taken place. I have the right to change any character how I would want, at my own discretion.

• I have the right to dictate who will portray an Ekaaten
      • I have the right to terminate anyone I find unfitting for any reason
      • I have the right to change characters to my liking
      • I have the right to add or subtract characters from the listing
      • Players must upkeep a 50/50 rate with their Ekaaten, I feel as if this is the minimum required due to how long character development takes
      • Players must act respectable, and mature in all nature of the word, just try not to be toxic
      • Disrespect of anyone, newer players, older players- family members or not is not tolerable under my house from an OOC point of view
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This application will give me insight on how you plan to portray or act under my house. It is very minimal in comparison to other houses and should be fairly basic. Keep note that anyone is allowed to add characters to the family with a correct explanation on how said character will fit, and add to the dynamic of the family as a whole.
    Family Applications are OPEN
    FAMILY APPLICATION [@WrongChat]
    IGN:
    Experience with other Families:
    References:
    How often do you RP?:
    RP Strength:
    RP Weakness:
    Discord:
    ----------------------
    Character Name:
    Character Personality:
    Character Appearance:
    Other (Not Required):
    What would you add to House Ekaaten?:

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Immersive Immersive x 2
    • Powerful Powerful x 2
    #1 TalkChat, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  2. TalkChat

Reserved for family staff.

• Immersive Immersive x 1
  3. Nathan

Nathan Regalian Patrician

Love it! Great Ambiance!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. PrinceofKnaves

PrinceofKnaves Insane Prince of Jesters

FAMILY APPLICATION @WrongChat
    IGN: PrinceofKnaves
    Experience with other Families: I was Tark Grey in the Northerne noble family Norvakts
    References: @Walrusaur_ @OffSeason
    How often do you RP?: I took a break over the summer, but I am trying to get back into it.
    RP Strength: Keeping conversations lively, I like to think I'm very good at avoiding the droll of 'How's the weather?'
    RP Weakness: Taking the initiative to start up spontaneous rp, I can do it in certain situations, but more often then not, I find it extremely awkward.
    Discord: I'll PM you if I'm accepted.
    ----------------------
    Character Name: Trulis Ekaaten
    Character Personality: Calculating, with a quick wit. Can seem cold to strangers, but his strong-willed with a fierce sense of loyalty to his kin.
    Character Appearance: His skin is an unhealthy pale, a sign of his constant battle of sickness, his dress is regalian in nature, but certain aspects are still Northerne, for instance his hair style.
    What would you add to House Ekaaten?: I think I'd add, quick witted humour, with a promise of lively roleplay
    *Note: I acknowledge that you are owner and creator of this family, and (hopefully) my future character, and your decision is final.

• Powerful Powerful x 1
    #4 PrinceofKnaves, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  5. TalkChat

After some thought, I've decided to give you a two-week trial, start a convo with me on the forums and I'll add you to a family chat! Thanks for applying.

6. TalkChat

Still looking for members! Apply today!

7. SKYSKY1_2

SKYSKY1_2

FAMILY APPLICATION [@WrongChat]
    IGN:Skysky1_2
    Experience with other Families:none
    References: none
    How often do you RP?:7/10
    RP Strength:can develop character
    RP Weakness:don’t have a lot of ideas
    Discord:ryan_creech#3190
    --------------------
    Character Name:Volmer Ekaaten
    Character Personality:very stubborn
    Character Appearance: more northerne look than his brothers. His skin is tan from the sun beating down during battle. Has battle scars on his body. Most Fade away but some stay reminding him of the many’s of battles he’s been in
    What would you add to House Ekaaten?: some humor jokes and all around good time

8. TalkChat

I dont think I, or most I associate with have seen you in RP. With this in mind I'd like you to apply when your presence is notable.