The Dark Claw

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Arganam, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Arganam

Arganam Lord Brandt von Eisner

The Dark Claw
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    History
    “The Claw has a history before me, I’m only continuing its legacy.” -Rahkr Ulvid Avvik.
    The Dark Claw, commonly referred to as “The Claw” was founded by an unknown Velheim, in the year of 256 AC, it was a gang who believed that no moment in life should be wasted, and that every ounce of ones energy should be spent on making life easier for themselves. It didn't last long. The original members of The Claw were all arrested for smuggling contraband. In 306 AC, an old Skagger called Ulvid Avvik heard about the gang, and he decided to bring it back.
    [​IMG]
    Idealism
    "The first two ideals of the claw spring from the Oldt Fayth belief that at any moment, time might end. I believe that those who prey on the weak should be punished, for they only prohibit men from enjoying life, something we must make the most of before it is over. The third goal, however, comes from my own mind." -Ulvid Avvik.
    The ideals of the gang are listed below.

I. Every person is entitled to enjoy life, and no man should try to stop them.
    II. Any person who tries to stop them should be punished.
    III. Every person has a right to knowledge.
    [​IMG]
    Hierarchy

“The Hierarchy is based on that of the culture of my people, the Velheim.” -Rahkr Ulvid Avvik.

The Rahkr
    The Rahkr is the leader of the Gang, (s)he leads raids and expositions when able, presides over meetings, and guides the Dark Claw in accordance to The Code. The Rahkr also settles disputes among members, and calls for votes when there is a need.

Currect Rahkr: Ulvid Avvik (@Borkwood)

The Kommandørs
    The Three Kommandørs guide the Claw when the Rahkr is unable, and have command over every member except for the Rahkr.

The Ulvfighters
    The Ulvfighters are the brawn of the Claw. They are the fighters and bounty hunters.

The Stilleuvs
    The Stilleuvs are the sneakers of the Claw. They smuggle contraband, and relay messages.

The Merkeligs
    The Merkligs are the members that don’t fit into a category. They have skills that preside over their ability to sneak for fight. A Merklig can be anyone from an Alchemist to a Smith.

[​IMG]
    The Code
    “I’ve taken bits an pieces out of the laws and philosophies of various cultures such as the Claith, Velheim, and Highlander peoples; and the ideals of the Claw. I’ve mashed them together to create our six laws." -Rahkr Ulvid Avvik.

I. No harming a fellow claw member. To harm a member of the claw is to harm oneself.
    II. No stealing from the poor. Stealing from the rich is another story.
    III. No harming the defenseless. If a man drops his blade, give it back to him.
    IV. No Harming the innocent. If they didn't prey upon the weak, we will not prey upon them.
    V. When there is a disagreement, a vote will be called by the Rahkr.
    VI. The Claw provides for the families of any members who are jailed or executed.

[​IMG]
    Purpose
    The Dark Claw exists to provide it's members with a means to happiness in life through the hunting and plundering of those considered to be corrupt. The Gang also smuggles items in and out of the city. They mainly smuggle contraband materials and texts into the city, so that (less than legal) shops may sell more wares, and so people may gain more knowledge.
    [​IMG]
    OOC:

The Dark Claw is a gang that smuggles contraband, hunts down the currupt, and persues knowledge above all other things. Only people who spend time in the slums will know about it.
    [​IMG]

NOTICE:
    I am hoping to register a neighborhood in oldtown for Regalia V5, but I need 7 members in total, each with 80r in their pockets before I can register anything! Old town and New town in Regalia V5 will not be walled off, and guards will be able to patrol Old Town. Meetings will take place in the sewers, most likely, when V5 comes out.

Discord Server Link(Please Join, even if you’re only considering applying!): https://discord.gg/YH64Ts2
    [​IMG]
    Application
    IGN:
    IRL Age:
    Character name:
    Character Age:
    Character Race:
    Character Gender:
    Proficiencies:
    Character sheet (optional but preferred):
    IC letter to the Rahkr:
    Discord:
    Activity(out of 10):
    Roleplay strengths:
    Roleplay weaknesses:
    Do you want to be part of the neighborhood if we're able to register one?

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 Arganam, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  2. Arganam

I've updated the thread, I've changed things up, I've added a third dimension to the gang, it's more of a character in of itself now.

I want to give a special thanks to @Conflee and his thread on groups that you can find here. This edit wouldn't have come without it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Lizmun

Lizmun yeah Staff Member Lore2

Application
    IGN: Lizmun
    IRL Age: 18
    Character name: Desrik
    Character Age: 45
    Character Race: Dragenthal / Angilan Ailor
    Character Gender: Male
    Proficiencies: +20 Tracking | +18 Trapping | +15 Shortsword | +10 Shortbow | +5 Unarmed Boxing | +1 Medicine | +1 Horseback riding
    Character sheet (optional but preferred): https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/desrik.67075/
    Discord: You have it
    Activity(out of 10): Overall, 8. Though, I play multiple characters.
    Roleplay strengths: I am told I am excellent with imagery in emotes, and that I am enjoyable to combat rp with
    Roleplay weaknesses: I am easily distracted, my spelling isn't always great, I sometimes have trouble with motivation
    IC letter to the Rahkr: [The letter was on a crisp piece of parchment, the writing fine and rather legible from even a quick glance, despite its curtness.]
    'Rahkr',
    This organization came to my full attention shortly after finding myself back in this city. I take great interest, and would like to meet personally with you if possible.
    Desrik​

• Like Like x 1
  4. Arganam

"Desrik, I look forward to meeting you."

5. SKYSKY1_2

SKYSKY1_2

IGN:skysky1_2

IRL Age:15

Character name: Adam

Character Age:25

Character Race:Ailor

Character Gender:male

Proficiencies:

+10 Shortsword (+10 from Darkmark)

+10 Dagger (+10 from Darkmark)

+10 Sneaking (+10 from Darkmark)

+10 Common shortbow (+10 from points)

+5 Unarmed fighting (+5 from points)

+5 Unarmed wrestling (+5 from Highland Ceardian boost)

Character sheet (optional but preferred):
    Discord:ryan_creech#3190

Activity(out of 10):8/10

Roleplay strengths:character development

Roleplay weaknesses:Bad at designing a character

Do you want to be part of the neighborhood if we're able to register one? Yes

• Like Like x 1
  6. Arganam

Approved.