The Dancing And The Dreaming | Proposal

Discussion in 'Player Stories' started by _Owlet, Aug 26, 2018.

1. _Owlet

_Owlet Nelfin Redhead

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [Art by @JoyShake ]

Co-Written by me and SnugglyKittens
    The Proposal of Oskaar Irvainvik af Sorenvik and Elsa Sundenn.
    OOC Note: These two are Unionist Converted Velheimers.

It was a late evening, the two velheimers were just resting after a days hunt for their evening meal. The sun had finally set and their only light source was the burning golden embers of the fire in the middle of their makeshift camp, the caught rabbits roasting on a spit hovering above the flames. The large towering fur trees swayed gently in the nights breeze.

Oskaar stood from the refuge of the log, stretching his arms above his head. Offering a jovial smile down towards his lover. Holding his arms out wide as he dramatically pointed to himself, a light stomp to the floor with his furred boots. “I’ve decided I’m gon’ dazzle you wit’ m’ musical talents, maybe ye’ know tha’ song once it gets goin’ ”

“Well shi’. Am I goin’ ta end up deaf?” the Northerne woman spoke with a joyful tone. She shook her head, and tutted in a joking sort of manner. “You’ll ‘ave better musical ability than I will, luv. So I look forward ta ‘earin’ it.”

Elsa sat herself in place, her arms resting against her knees as she watched her lover curiously.

Oskaar coughed and he cleared his throat, eyeing her briefly before singing the first verse, somewhat shy however he would speak with clarity trying to pronounce and enunciate everything. His thick accent was apparent as he spoke in common.

♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ “ I'll swim and sail on savage seas, with never a fear of drowning “ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩

Pursed his lips with a brief pause to see if she recognised the melody, a slight grin on his face, a wiggle of the brow.

The blonde woman froze as she heard the words leave Oskaars lips. Her back straightened, and she continued on. Clearly, she knew where this was going. She forced out her best common as well, pronouncing each word clearly as thought her life depended on it.

♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ “And gladly ride the waves of life.. If you will marry me..” ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩

Her expression likely gave way to nerves, to shyness she had not ever felt before. For a woman of her age, it was very much so, a youthful reaction of innocence. Els did, after a solid half minute of adding a line, begin to smile.

Oskaar let out a joyful laugh, and wisped her to her feet. Grasing her hand gently as he pulled her around to prance and spin around the fire with a laugh in his voice at the motion. Raising his arm to spin her underneath, a glint of happiness shone in his eyes.

♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ “ I only want your hand to hold , I only want you near me.. “ ♫ ♬ ♪

Elsa continued on with the cheesy song, laughing and grinning along the way. She held onto Oskaar tightly as they danced around the fire. She was no singer, so not only did her voice lack a musicians chime, but she sang from the heart; and any poor ears who scouted the woods were been greeted by a woman singing her soul out to her lover, as they shared the oddly romantic moment.

♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ “To love and kiss, to sweetly hold. For the dancing and the dreaming..” ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩

The Velheim man fell back onto the log settled by the fire, pulling her alongside him to have her nestled on his lap. His hand cupping her face as he leaned his head in, his voice bellowing out in an also tone deaf type of manner, he was no musician but it was apparent he was trying his best. His eyes locked with hers in a passionate gaze.

♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ “I’d gladly ride the waves so white.. If you will marry me!? “ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩

He tilted his head at the end of the verse, the final word was twisted into a question a nervous yet hopeful look glowed in his eyes, holding her closely on his lap. The tattooed blue face of the blonde Velheim gazed lovingly at the woman perched on his knee, his thumb gently grazing against her cheek.

“Of course I’ll marry ye,” Elsa replied softly, her voice practically a whisper in comparison to their singing only moments before. “I’ll be ‘ere for ye through everythin’, and I’ll be th’ best wife I can be, for ye. I love ye, ye daft sod,” she said as she embraced Oskaar gently, and cosied herself up in her place.

“That made m’ day, I’ll be th’ best ‘usband too. Jus’ ye wait. I love ye too.“ Oskaar let out a happy laugh and wrapped his arm around her shoulders pulling her in, to press a kiss to her lips out of joy and excitement. A smile was permanently glued to his face as he embraced his new-found fiance.

The two now engaged lovers remained embracing under the starlit sky, laughing and revelling in eachothers company, in celebration of their now decided path for the future. Speaking of plans and ideas for what to come, as well as feasting upon their captured hunt.

OOC:

• Oskaar Irvainvik af Sorenvik and Elsa Sundenn are now engaged and set out to soon marry in a unionist wedding.

• The news of such would be only known from friends and close relatives.

@Nathan, @Suicidium, @AlphaInsomnia , @TheyCalledMeKiko, @JoyShake, @NZ_Phoenix , @SnugglyKittens

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Powerful Powerful x 4
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. NZ_Nix

NZ_Nix Explorer

SLAMS FIST

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JoyShake

JoyShake Deceptively unwholesome

I bloody shed a tear at that

4. SnugglyKittens