The Order Of Vermin (closed)

Discussion in 'Inactive Families & Guilds' started by Magivore, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magivore

Magivore No Rest For The Wicked

........................[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

People loved to post things up on town forums and buildings that did not belong to them. Each time, the guards came to promptly remove these heretical, irrelevant, and very disappointing messages that said little more than brag about the end of the Empire or some bloodline that still stands to this day. The only legacy that remained of many of these letters was the ashes left in a stone pile built around the pit to burn each and every documents without any particular hesitation. To add onto these many papers of recruitment for charters dead and alive alike, one seemed to particularly stand out to people who were not the most loyal to their masters. To the devout, this paper was a written sin. To the those unsure, however, this was a call to action.

To whom it may concern,

Life is unfair. It tortures the innocent, bolsters the wicked, and forces the weak to carry what heavy loads the the mighty do not bother to even examine. Why then do you, the innocent, allow the mighty, the wicked, and the wealthy to order you around when you deserve to have rights? These are dangerous times, after all, with dragons, generals, and foul men all taking up arms against the wrong people. If you, the innocent, weak, and courageous, wish to live and change this world, then I have a simple request for you: send me a letter saying you are willing to change. If you aren't willing to change, send me a letter saying you wish to join the Order of Vermin.

Best wishes from your concerned friend,

[​IMG]

Even when these papers were ripped away from their posts, another one was hand-written a couple days later and placed on a new wall in a more concealed location nearby. They weren't exactly on the main street, but some were hidden in the bushes of the park, a couple were lacing the alleyways behind the more populated roads, and one even dared to place itself right in the center of the noble district by the waterfall. Each and every time, a report came in saying that a black specter appeared, morphing into a demon before reverting itself to its original state as it flew off to the slums. Perhaps this was a sign that the city truly does have rats hiding among its heroes.

[​IMG]

Ichabod has finally gained enough power and confidence to establish his own group. With the current lack of antagonistic forces coming from the slums and the large count of guard forces that exist, I have decided that it’s about time to start a push against the heroes of Regalia. This gang, in its smallest essence, will be established like a mafia. People can choose to either be extremely obvious thugs carrying heavily illegal material, or people can simply be nice-looking individuals that are collecting blackmail, coinage, or working as merchants who have ill-gotten gains. Either way, the members of the group will be dressed in a fine suit and encouraged to take advantage of others.

[​IMG]
    The main objective is to take control of Regalia by using manipulation, sabotage, brute force, and bribes.

[​IMG]

There is no real hierarchy in the gang. Some people who may act as Ichabod's advisers may next become nothing more than cannon-fodder when the going gets tough. I will mark down the race + skill of members so that they cannot be meta-gamed while still informing others of how large the group has become.

1. Ichabod Ar'Thea, the Demon
    2. Ailor, Elemental witch
    3. Half-Elf, socialite
    4. Ailor, charmer
    5. Maraya, Ha'kix
    6. Ailor, Stealthmark
    7. Ailor, 'Mad Dog'

[​IMG]
    You may apply here, on discord, or in-game (interview required if not via forums)! If you apply here, I will mail you if you were accepted rather than post it to keep anonymity. The point of the Order is to be found only through IC means so that characters made to investigate aren’t useless and so that muscular vigilantes can’t simply make a ‘lucky guess’ on who is a part of it.

IGN (As the game shows):
    Discord (Denied if you don’t have it):
    Character Description (Applications help):
    Character Skill (Just in case):
    Lore Understanding (1 - 10 and explain why):
    Reason To Join (Bad reason = bad chances):

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 14
    #1 Magivore, Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  2. Magivore

3. Magivore

The size of the Order has expanded with two new members being introduced. Come one and come all!

4. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

It's about time

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. _Electra_

_Electra_ Imagination is magic, so all dreamers are wizards

Vermin? What's this? I have been summoned!

IGN (As the game shows):
    _Electra_
    Discord (Denied if you don’t have it): Electra#2742
    Character Description (Applications help): Here ya go, have an application
    Character Skill (Just in case): Sneaky thievery and spying
    Lore Understanding (1 - 10 and explain why): I'd say a solid 7. I've read quite a bit of the wiki because spamming the "random page" button is oddly entertaining... I know a lot more about magic, alchemy, and flora/fauna than I do about historical figures, though. I mostly research what's relevant and interesting for me unless I need to know something specific.
    Reason To Join (Bad reason = bad chances): IC: A'rona wants a place to belong, and friends to help her out. Also, an excuse to take things (items, information, anything) and profit from it is never bad, especially since the last "gang" she was a part of sorta dissolved. OOC: This looks like it has a unique take on the old gang formula and a group that would be a lot of fun to be a part of. Better yet, the way it's run with the OOC secrecy and the actual IC goal as opposed to the old "rawr we're a gang because why not?" addresses some of the major problems I noticed in other gangs. Oh also having a lampar in the "Order of Vermin" is just too ironic to pass up ≧◡≦

@Magivore

• Powerful Powerful x 1
  6. Empaul

Empaul That one cool dude

IGN (As the game shows): Empaul
    Discord (Denied if you don’t have it): Have it
    Character Description (Applications help): Here is his application
    Character Skill (Just in case): Expert within the School of Ha'kix.
    Lore Understanding (1 - 10 and explain why): I'd say I'm around an 8 and not a 10 for the reason of my lack of time to read the whole wiki. There are many parts I've yet to properly go through, though magic, race, weapons, combat schools, alchemy and animals are all things I read and check up on often.
    Reason To Join (Bad reason = bad chances): Mallasurai wants to be affiliated with a gang in these upcoming trials, and who better than the Demon of the slums, himself. Mal feels pretty confident in his ability to aid Ichabod while also pursuing his own goals on the side.

7. foll_fox

foll_fox Weirdo

IGN (As the game shows): foll_fox
    Discord (Denied if you don’t have it):foll_fox#2241
    Character Description (Applications help):https://forums.massivecraft.com/threads/marius-telek.61934/#post-764566
    Character Skill (Just in case): Warrior level of the School of Stealthmark
    Lore Understanding (1 - 10 and explain why): 5-6 only because im just getting caught up with current affairs and studying the wiki to learn new stuff
    Reason To Join (Bad reason = bad chances): Working alone just isn't working anymore, Marius knows he must find a group to complete bigger jobs and make better money *looks down to the paper* maybe this is what he was looking for, with everything else going on around the city it would also be good to have some people around for portection.

8. FireViper27

FireViper27 The man without a plan

IGN: SenseMakeNo

Discord: Yes but can I PM?

Character Description: It's a work in progress but I think I have enough information ready.

Character Skill: Gymnastics (Climbing, flexibility, etc.)

Lore Understanding: 3-4, I’ve really only read enough to make my characters lore compatible.

Reason To Join: OOC: I’ve been trying to join a group that meets my character's goals for like Six months now, and I don’t have skype so my options have been pretty slim, although the Order of Vermin does just so happen to meet my wants perfectly.

IC: Porangi is a heretic Who Wants unionism to burn to the ground. He figures helping Icabod take over the Empire will do exactly that.

@Magivore

#8 FireViper27, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  9. Magivore

Please lock or delete thread if possible. I saw @Wumpatron come here first, so I'm just tagging you since I don't really know who else to contact for it.

10. Wumpatron

Wumpatron Das Wump

Locking per request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.