Wanted: Postmen And Postwomen

Discussion in 'Regalian Roleplay' started by Film_Noir, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Film_Noir

Film_Noir Snowdonian Pirate

[​IMG]

Wanted: Postmen and Postwomen

To my fellow Regalians,

Upon walking the streets during regular hours as one goes about one's business, one can notice a distinct lack of couriers readily available to serve the populace. The Open Ocean Merchant Guild, as a promoter and establisher of businesses, would like to remedy this situation, and open a centralised postal office. To embark on such an endeavour, one must always begin at the beginning. Thus, the guild is looking to recruit people for the following roles:
    1. Postmaster - This man or woman will lead all operations in regards to the postal office, aiming to ensure that the business is running smoothly, and will maintain responsibility for the general staff. This person should be a creative individual, able to think of initiatives that would regularly revitalise interest in the postal office among the general community.
    2. Postmen and Postwomen - These individuals will be backbone of the postal office, responsible for accepting and delivering messages, interacting with the public, and maintaining good records.
    Any loyal, lawful Regalian civilian may apply. Upon the commencement of operations, a location in the centre of town for the postal office will be sought. To apply for the above positions, please send a letter to myself, or search me out in person.

Highest regards,
    Christopher Black
    Count of Narlas
    Admiral of the Grand Armada
    Grandmaster of the Open Ocean Merchant Guild

• Winner Winner x 8
  2. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

A very short letter written in a hard print- likely by someone that was trying to keep their lines steady as if they had only learned to write recently- would be sent to Lord Black. It smelled faintly of ash and ale, how odd.

To Count Christopher Black,

I'm Merina Taliesin and has of lately I've been searching about for a job! I'm quite well at carrying messages andid love to assist. While I'm not a runner or any sort, that won't stop me from getting your message around quickly.

Stay Safe!
    Merina Taliesin

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Film_Noir

He whiffed the air as he opened the letter. Ale and...something smoky? Must have been written in a tavern by an open fire? He smiled and replied.

To the miss Taliesin,

I'd be delighted to meet you with the possibility of offering you a job. I should be around the Golden Willow regularly over the next couple of days. Look me up. I'll likely be the one wearing a black naval jacket.​

Spirit bless,
    Christopher Black.

4. Film_Noir

Announcement

The Open Ocean Postal Office is pleased to announce the appointments to Postmen/Postwoman of the following individuals:
    We are still hiring, and hoping to have the business up and running soon.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. kudzzy

kudzzy Refugee

A letter is quickly written,
    Hullo
    My name's Callum, and I'd like to apply for a job as a postman
    Thanks
    Callum Hall

6. Film_Noir

Dear Mr. Hall,

Thank you for your interest in a position. We'd be delighted to meet you to conduct an interview. How does tomorrow (Thursday), at around 3pm GMT sound? In the outdoor seating area of the Golden Willow? If that time is bad, we can find an alternative.​

All the best,
    Christopher Black.

7. kudzzy

kudzzy Refugee

-Can we push it back an hour? Also, if you'll read my other post, I might not be able to come at all because it won't let me connect to the server for no reason-

8. Film_Noir

Pushing it back an hour’s no problem. If you can’t connect, some other day works too (in which case, give me a shout in PM and we can fix something up).

9. Gochnipunchni

Gochnipunchni Pocket Princess

Gochnipunchni sat down at his desk one day, and glancing at the flyer that had been laid down on his desk, noticed that it had been written by his old friend, Christopher, he took up his pen and frantically started scrawling a reply

Dear Christopher Black,

As I was walking through the tavern today, you'll have no clue as to what I was accosted by. A flyer! For a postal service! You do remember my time as the postmaster for the guild, correct? In any case. I'm in dire need of work, if you have anything, I can do it.

~ Gochnipunchni, Naturalist, Scholar, Alchemist, Warrior, Yanar, Elder, Postmaster, Aspiring Actor, Businessman, Jack of all trades and Friend of All.

10. _Owlet

_Owlet Nelfin Redhead

A fully articulate letter was written, written on the finest parchment paper. Sealed with the crest of House Heinrich in a blue wax.

" Lord Black,

It has come to my attention of this recent Postal Service you are opening! I am indeed in need of a job placement to keep myself busy and to get to know more people of Regalia. Thus if you are in need of a Postmaster, and wouldn't mind it being a woman of such nobility. Please do pen back,

Spirit Blessings,
    Rosalia Heinrich, Scholar. "