Character Study: The Perfidious Love Interests

Discussion in 'Roleplay Discussion' started by MonMarty, Aug 29, 2017.

1. MonMarty

MonMarty Thotdodger Staff Member Server Owner

Character Romance. For some people, it makes the blood boil, the very idea revolting that some players could play dating sim in the tavern all day, or the fact that OOC romances bleed over into IC romances. Others find it the most exhilarating roleplay activity, to feel a touch of intimacy through the portrayal of roleplay that is otherwise not easily available. Regardless of how ones looks at the circumstances, character romance is and will remain a major plot device for many, but perhaps it's sometimes also worthwhile to take a closer look at how it affects our character, or how we intentionally (or unintentionally) steer our roleplay to suit our OOC goals when it comes to character romance.

What /if/ the players were all faceless portrayals of their characters, what /if/ your OOC romance wasn't taking up your IC romance, What /if/ you didn't feel peer pressured into acting like you're above Romance rp, what /if/ romance rp was an integral part of your character's development. What /if/ your anxiety or your target's social standing didn't hold back your character's ambitions. What /if/ I didn't resolve OOC to never engage in romance rp.

The challenge of this Character Study is to eliminate all barriers you might face both IC or OOC and to objectively ask yourself "What characters could be classified as Love Interests for my character".
    • Why are they, or rather, what makes them?
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both?
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out?
    • Do you think it could ever become real?
    • Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why?
    It is important in such cases to eliminate the obvious candidates. It is important to purely speculate on candidates that aren't the obvious instant-picks to get a clearer image of our character's focal point of attraction.
    • Characters belonging to your OOC significant other.
    • Characters that you are already engaging in a Romance plot with.
    • Characters that you soon plan to engage in a Romance plot with.
    Attraction is a major psychological factor when it comes to communication and inter-person relations. A person who your character is attracted to, might receive more favor than a person who your character is simply acquainted with. This might, in the long run, help players establish a more varied palette of character treatment/responses to general individuals out there. Generally, when we find ourselves in an existing romance, we all pretend like our characters are incapable of feeling attracted to others or appreciating the physical appeal of other characters, thus turning into stale perfect-romance plot lines. For the sake of realistic comparison, it is useful to understand what characters your character would treat differently, for the sake of expanding our immersion and our versatility.

When you are done, @tag someone else to challenge them to this Character Study. Do your results match up? That would be an interesting topic of conversation!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Eccetra

Eccetra Rat Mumther

Ztril Narrim (Merrit) @Eyrok
      Ztril Merrit is Nadina's ex-husband, and her first ever love interest. The two met during her early days in Regalia: during the Qadir Invasion (OOC), and shortly after Ztril had been released from slavery. They became friends after Nadina offered to house Ztril in her upstairs apartment, and the two quickly bonded over cups of tea, mutual crying, and their love of alchemy. It was very much a therapeutic relationship, wherein they would help each other with their emotional issues and keep themselves sane-- but it was an effective, productive, and long-lasting one. The business that came as a result of their relationship definitely wasn't a brief stint.
      His personality. Nadina was a Faith of Estel worshipper at the time, and certainly should have strayed away from the lesser race. But his quiet, skittishness, and dorkishness won her heart. Nadina saw a piece of herself in him, and probably fawned over him in a bit of a maternal sense.
      The breaking point of Nadina and Ztril came from a few factors: the guard brutality threatening their business and causing emotional rifts, and Nadina's mentor threatening to halt her studies due to her relationship. She became radical and hysterical in her faith, eventually causing Ztril to take their child and move out to keep them safe from her fervor. Ultimately, they realized that with their growing religious and racial divide, the marriage couldn't carry on.
      Had Nadina's religious fervor never occurred, I believe that it may have gradually come to an end around now, due to Nadina's growing strictness and emotional hardening. She doesn't fawn over Ztril as she once did, and rather wishes he would move upwards in the world like she has.
      It would require a very specific, and unlikely, set of circumstances for NiTril to happen again. Nadina is happy in her current marriage, and Ztril appears to be happy in his new marriage. Had none of the remarriages happened, Nadina would have had to experience a calamity that caused her to soften up and become deeply empathetic again, or Ztril would have needed to come out of his shell and branch up into politics.
    • Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why?
      Writing this has caused me to reflect a lot on Nadina's past relationship with Ztril, and what caused it to both thrive and fail. I haven't had the chance to roleplay with Eyrok much recently, but I think that if they do meet again soon, Nadina will be a bit less scornful. After all, she knows everything he's been through. Their divorce was unfortunate on both sides.

Valentius Decimar (Veridan Daevaar) @Drowdar

Nadina and Veridan have been friends for years. They started out on touchy terms, but slowly grew closer till the line between acquaintance and best friend had become so blurred that neither could recall when it was crossed. Veridan is headstrong and cocky, while Nadina is to a far lesser, and more understated degree. She can appreciate Veridan's sense of humor and confidence, but works hard to keep him from going off the deep end. The two help to balance each other out when performing duties together, and have proven to make a very good tag team on occasion.
      Just the personality. Nadina doesn't care for his muscles, though she does have a fondness for his hair. She can appreciate his aesthetics, but it doesn't drive her attraction towards him.
      Veridan has a bad reputation for going through women like a jar of cookies, and Nadina would not want to be a part of that. She also finds him just a touch too forthcoming and egotistical at times, which can irritate her in a bad mood. In the end, they work much better as friends, work partners, and gently feuding siblings.
      Had Nadina not married Zaan, I actually think that yes, it could have been possible. From this point onwards though, I doubt that it could. They have firmly set themselves in a brother-sister relationship, and trying to progress that anywhere else would be weird.
      It has made me realize OOCly both how close they are, and the subtle reasons that kept them apart while Nadina was single. I'm not sure if I will treat them differently IC, but it was food for thought.

Vaughn (Valbrand) Haagenvig @Jouster

Nadina's friendship with Vaughn is a recent, albeit strong one. The Northerner's unrefined, often jovial nature brings out a suppressed side of Nadina, whom would otherwise remain uptight and stressed all day long. Vaughn helps Nadina to mellow out and focus on something other than work, while Nadina works to find ways to keep Vaughn from blowing his top. In spite of Vaughn's recklessness, the two remain understated friends, and would probably make perfect drinking buddies if Nadina could get off her high horse.
      Prior to his "rewrite", it was a little bit of both. Now he is shorter and less of a teddy bear, it is mostly the personality that she finds appealing. However, I think Nadina finds his tattoos and gruff manliness somewhat charming.
      Nadina has been happily married since she met him, so anything she feels towards Vaughn never surpasses a warm devotion. Even if the marriage were not a factor, I think that the Northerne brutality would get too much for her quite quickly. They are stark opposites. The racial divide would also definitely play a part in keeping them separate.
      I don't think so. In another universe it might be possible.
      I've already considered this before, so I don't believe the study will change much. It has helped me to solidify Nadina's thoughts towards Vaughn though, and I find their friendship quite sweet.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Batel_

Batel_ Magical Batel

For Raja.

Jared Kade @LumosJared

Why are they, or rather, what makes them?

Being in the same job field and doing well in it is one. I've always imagined if Raja were to end up with anyone, they'd have to be working together for it to work as she's so business focused. It also seems like he'd be lonely, as she often sees him or meets him alone or working, if not at some relevant event. Which there he may be a bold leader or entertainer, but nothing too personal going on (at least from her point of view, she isn't standing next to him). Which is relatable to her to an extent but not in a sad way, she thinks she understands. She's been more reserved all of her life, at least emotionally and with personal relationships.

Is it just their looks or personality or both?
    Looks are good, taller guys are nice but they aren't too hard to find with her height at 5'8", and has a nice beard. Though it's more his personality and achievements. Gaining Humanum, being adopted by the Kade family, his position as Mercenary Commander, being a talented warrior, all respectable. Personality wise he seems confident, competent, and knows what he's doing, which could attract her.

Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out?
    He seems hard to get to beyond work and Raja the same (unless it's someone's company she enjoys or finds amusing), as well as him being a part of the imperial family and her a commoner.

Do you think it could ever become real?
    Maybe, they'd still have a lot of getting to know each other to do. But still, time, and things would have to be seen how they would go.

Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why?
    I think so. Realized it could be quite interesting if something between them played out. Still though. Raja's stubborn and there's a reason she hasn't found anyone yet. But honestly I was already planning on her asking more personal questions and opinions, curious of a thing or two and to see what he says and why certain things are.

Darius Silveon @Optimalfriskies

Again, them working together and him being the Captain of their company made it a possible thing with how Raja works. He was enjoyable to work with and a good, hard working Captain. He had that same kind of relatable feel of an emotionally reserved personality, and a loneliness to him. I just remember one time for a dinner party with the sellsword company, Optimal emoting a big empty house with empty bedrooms as we moved through it, being the last Silevon left or at least the only one at the time.

Prior to his redesign his hair was liked more, but still his tall height remained and was liked, and again a nice beard here. Personality seemed morally good, dependable, and like he knew what he was doing.

Darius ended up leaving Tiger's Fang, though on good terms with Raja, and gave the company over to her to run (mainly that for OOC reasons as to main another character). As well as him being an Elf (that being against the law of course), and a distant person beyond work.

Likely not as the character is played less now and stepped down from his position in Tiger's Fang, breaking that connection of working together. As well as him being an Elf still which wasn't really Raja's favorite thing, but she saw him as hard working and a possible candidate to gain Humanum. But then again that'd all be respectable if he did such on his own, she'd want to sit back and see if he was capable of that.

Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why?
    Not really, as a lot of that's passed now as well as him being played less.

• Constructive Constructive x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #3 Batel_, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  4. HydraLana

HydraLana The Very Gay Walking Talking Lore Encyclopedia Staff Member Lore3

Unfortunately I'm a filthy inactive in terms of RP and cannot accurately complete this study. Still a great study though! It was very interesting to read what everyone put down.

5. fuithlug

fuithlug slaps pie+

I took a long time writing this.

Amelina Peirgarten @seoulmate

• Why are they, or rather, what makes them? For Alvaro, things are rather cosmetic at the moment. He’s thirty-six and requires a wife again. She’s titled, young and pretty. It wouldn’t be quite right to say that Alvaro considers her to be just something that’s necessary, because he does appreciate several aspects of her as a person, namely the way she opened up around his close friends and wasn’t completely taken away by their style of living. That and her willingness to get a tattoo, funnily enough, struck a chord with him.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? Her looks are without a doubt a large part of his attraction to Amelina, but her timidity in comparison to the people he often spends time with is a much-appreciated change of pace that he isn’t often afforded. This, of course, will have to be revisited once the two have known each other long enough.
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? She discovers what Alvaro is actually like with women, or what he’s like in general. It’s not too difficult to imagine that Amelina is quite frankly disgusted by his vices. Maria has already warned to avoid her at risk of hurting her.
    • Do you think it could ever become real? This, of the five listed, is one of the most likely to become ‘real’, she’s a titled noble and one of the very few in the city. Unlike the other people on this list, Amelina provides a chance to progress politically, whereas the others listed do not provide such a clear opportunity.
    • Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why? To a minor degree. I think there’s still more role-play that needs to happen between Amelina and Alvaro before he starts to treat her differently.
    Maria Sanchez @abbymadeline
    • Why are they, or rather, what makes them? A long history with each other backstory-wise and a sustained and continued friendship. Unlike others, Maria puts Alvaro in his place. She grounds him when no one else will and she’s necessary to him acting reasonably in a lot of situations. Always the mediator, Maria is someone that Alvaro holds very dearly to himself.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? Her personality, not to say he isn’t attracted to her, though that’s not the thing that makes her important to him. Between her almost maternal attitude to the Santigo family as a whole, Alvaro’s lack of a motherly figure and her strong will mixed with her even-temper it’s her ability to ground Alvaro that makes him attracted to her.
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? They’ve been friends for far too long. Despite having a hook up in the past when they met years ago, the two are probably incapable of forming a trusting romantic relationship. Maria, unlike many, knows what Alvaro is like and what he’s done and how he thinks. Out of all the people on this list, Maria would be the most likely to tip Alvaro over the edge of his addictions should something go wrong.
    • Do you think it could ever become real? No, at least not sustainably for the reasons listed above.
    • Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why? Maria is quite a new character, I haven’t sat down to think about her this much, so yes.
    Celia Coen @Halsi
    • Why are they, or rather, what makes them? Their relative easiness with each other despite Celia’s publicly steely facade. Alvaro likes to feel important, special, recognized amongst a slew of other things that feed his ego and Celia supplies him with a lot of what he craves. Unlike Maria, Celia inadvertently justifies his skin-deep fixations perhaps without even realizing.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? Far more her personality than her looks. Much like him, Celia has almost narcissistic traits and a generally quite chaotic morality. Between that and her relatively clear vulnerability, at least to Alvaro he finds himself more attracted to her as a person each time they meet - so far.
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? She’s nineteen.
    • Do you think it could ever become real? Very unlikely, and much like the vast majority of this list if it did it would be kept a secret.
    • Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why? More than likely, I hadn’t put this much thought into how Alvaro viewed Celia until now.
    Seris Devesiara @MantaRey

Should be noted, Alvaro and Seris have an almost on again off again relationship but I wouldn’t quite call it ‘romantic’ yet. So it might not quite meet the criteria depending on how you look at it.
    • Why are they, or rather, what makes them? Alvaro is drawn to Seris because of how similar they are in a lot of ways. The pair has a very good synergy alone and in groups and she never fails to keep him entertained. Aside from this, I think a lot of what makes them so fond of each other is rather superficial - not that I think this poses a problem for either character, at least not currently.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? It’s definitely both. Between her relatively bold attitude whilst retaining some degree of mystery and her actual beauty, Alvaro is hooked. Her now gold eyes also intrigue him,
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? The two are far too similar. Both take multiple partners, both are conceited, both are arrogant to no small degree, and both are inherently greedy amongst several other things. Between their similar characters being so easy to conflict, Seris is also an Altalar Silven and Alvaro a Lusitsian Baron. There is absolutely plenty to go wrong.
    • Do you think it could ever become real? Yes. Despite their enormous differences and conflicting similarities, Seris is one of the very few people that Alvaro feels drawn towards in ways that aren’t superficial. Alvaro certainly isn’t one to not be with a person because of racial or class tensions, but, that’s not to say it wouldn’t be kept the utmost secret (Probably a badly kept one though because Jouster is a literal hawk).
    • Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why? Not particularly, I think if anything Alvaro already treated her differently for the reasons above.

Isra Kanaan @Frelen

Similar to the above, Alvaro and Isra have a sort of relationship, though with little romantics. So it might not quite meet the criteria depending on how you look at it.
    • Why are they, or rather, what makes them? Similar to Seris, Isra was openly flirtatious through the door. This makes their relationship more spurious than some.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? Both. Between her looks and stand-up personality, Alvaro appreciates her company a lot and is quite taken by her honesty, inquisitive and reflective traits. Particularly fond of the latter, though not quite to the same degree as others - at least not yet.
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? It would more than likely be a relationship built on superficiality, and certainly not one to last. I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried but it more than likely wouldn’t work.
    • Do you think it could ever become real? I doubt it, they’re similar, but they don’t have the same connection that Alvaro has with other people. There’s definitely some relationship building that needs to take place ICly before I could answer this more confidently.
    • Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why? No, I’d given this some thought with Isra prior to and act on the above information already.

I appreciate these prompts a lot. They provided good grounds for me to form opinions on a lot of people that Alvaro is close to in an aspect that is incredibly important to his development as a character.

Alvaro is scummy.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
  6. Optimalfriskies

Optimalfriskies JayP's buddy

@Betel_
    Raja Lela Ahmad - @Betel_
    Darius was initially drawn to Raja through work, as he captained the company she partook in. Over time he grew to rely on her advice and competence more and more, to the point where he made her his right hand. Through the time they spent together in the company, he was perhaps a tad reluctant towards her, keeping major parts of his social life to himself. It all culminated in the day he invited his company home to celebrate a successful tournament, letting them into his large and completely abandoned home. When he handed the leadership of his company over to her, he vanished completely, leaving no lie of communication behind.

A bit of both; though Darius certainly appreciates her looks, her confidence, competence in battle and her trustworthy and reliable nature drew him towards her.

There are several reasons as to why nothing happened; I was feeling disengaged with the character, and I am currently trying to rewrite major parts of his life-story, to make him more engaging. I was also getting more into Lionel, and wanted to play him on a much more regular basis. I've also been a little iffy to Romance RP lately, as I feel like it won't truly work out in the long run unless there's a pre-defined friendship to go off from.

I doubt so, when Darius returns, he may not have the same connection he had to her in the past, nor will she be as accustomed and as comfortable around him. That is just my hypothesis, though.

It will, definitely. Darius will probably open up much more to Raja than he does to anyone else. This is when/ if he returns, of course.

@Jouster
    Vaughn Haagenvig - @Jouster
    Keep in mind, I have yet to decide on an OOC note if Lionel has any feelings beside friendship towards him or other men in general, hence the confusion.
    Vaughn is Lionel's closest and dearest friend. They met under rocky circumstances, and bonded as a reaction to the slaughter of their kin. Their friendship strengthened, and they grew to have a "Bromance-vibe" to their interactions. Lionel's genuine worry for Vaughn's reckless nature, and how much he goes out of his way to nurse and roll his now damaged friend around Regalia has left Lionel confused as of his true feelings towards the man.

Lionel has no real attraction towards Vaughn, not that he knows of at least. The man's loud, aggressive and reckless nature; though irritating and tiring at time, is what made Lionel truly like the man. They are so horribly unlike, yet they fit together perfectly.

Not only would a relationship of that kind be highly illegal, but the thought that such a thing could happened between him and Vaughn hasn't struck Lionel's mind yet.

In all honesty, I do. If they both ended up as Bi, and their closeness grew romantic I think it would be a funny and charming romance, if not extremely slowly built up.

It depends, once I figure out what Lionel's true feelings are towards Vaughn, I won't say their interactions will be any different.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Moribundity

Moribundity If she breathes...

• Keep in mind I have left a few people out as to avoid metagaming. (Cough @SpinSpinDizzy )
    • Why are they, or rather, what makes them? Sylvia is impulsive, reckless though loyal to those she's friends with. Her brutality in combat certainly draws Kat to the female. They crossed paths when Katrina was an antimage and tortured @Faunfire 's character, Henry Windrocker, for fun. Whilst she was imprisoned, Kat used her manipulative ways to avoid an eternity or a cell, and her superficial charm to essentially give Sylvia reason to recruit her.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? Mainly the personality. Kat adores a woman who shows no mercy, and who possesses traits that remind her of herself.
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? Sylvia wants a child. Not to mention she is an ailor whilst Katrina is a nelfin-- It would be illegal and sadly Kat doesn't bend that way.
    • Do you think it could ever become real? Potentially, though probably not in the foreseeable future. I honestly see Sylvia and Kat as close friends, rather than love interests, but who knows?
    • Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why? My character's intentions will always remain the same towards Sylvia for the time being. I feel as though the way Kat treats her is befitting of someone with a persona such as hers.

• Why are they, or rather, what makes them? The duo first crossed paths when Jared mistook the nelfin for a noble. It was a brief meeting but a few compliments were exchanged. Several months later, Katrina found herself sat next to the Kade during Elizabeth Black's wedding, where she proceeded to thank him for dealing with Heikki and a few flirtatious comments were sent either way. Sadly, it all went downhill from there. Their next meeting was when Katrina was locked away in the sellsword keep, having been framed by Heikki. She had been waterboarded, and any trust she had for the Kade had vanished.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? His looks do play a major part in Kat's subconscious attraction, though it is mainly his combat prowess, good sense of humour in combination with his occasional aggressive ways that draws her towards him.
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? Sadly, their relationship is not at it's best at the moment, with Katrina pushing the boundaries of her relationship with him (Panda eye antics with Nadina and beating up one of his sellswords). It has currently caused her to tread very carefully, as she knows one wrong move can lead to her imminent death.
    • Do you think it could ever become real? At this stage, I highly doubt it. Whilst there is a slim opportunity, their current relationship is far too strained compared to that of Jared's other relationships.
    • Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why? Perhaps Kat will be a little more flirtatious towards him? Maybe not. She currently just wants to make amends...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. AtticCat

AtticCat haeksen van regalia

For Juliette

Vaughn Haagenvig (@Jouster)

• Why are they, or rather, what makes them? Juliette and Valbrand met within the Regalian Guard, both of them being wildly loud-mouthed and short-tempered so it's a bit of a shock that they became close friends. Vaughn has saved her life on numerous occasions and Juliette stuck by his side through everything he's done despite not agreeing with some of it.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? Personality overall, he's been protective over her for months and saved her life as stated before. Though, she'd admit even know that he isn't terrible looking.
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? Juliette was far younger than Valbrand and already in a relationship with Lautaro Wodenstaff, who she married, when she met him. Not to add, their attitudes and personalities clash too much.
    • Do you think it could ever become real? No, she's happily married and trying now to force Valbrand to find a wife- not to mention the fact that now they have a brother-sister relationship and really always have.
    • Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why? No, it wouldn't. Juliette is as close as she'll get to Valbrand in the current situation and I believe both are happy not being in a romantic relationship.
    Loic Laine (@Daekon)
    • Why are they, or rather, what makes them? Loic and Juliette met when she was sixteen and he was eighteen in Kronau. In the beginning the two had a rough relationship due to the fact that Julie's best friend was a Slizzar. Despite that, the two began a romantic relationship that lasted to the end of Freya Lo and several weeks after until Juliette ended the relationship and Loic died shortly after.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? Both, Juliette was drawn in originally but his odd bright red hair that she'd never seen in Ithania. After she got to know him, she began to fall for his protective, sarcastic personality that was similar to her own.
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? Juliette met someone else, Lautaro Wodenstaff, who was around far more than Loic. She started to hang around Lautaro and soon enough realized she'd rather be with a nerdy titleless noble than one who's family drops like flies.
    • Do you think it could ever become real? Nope, he's dead.
    Eric Lionel (@Ghirko)
    • Why are they, or rather, what makes them? Juliette and Eric have known each other since she was sixteen, meeting several days before she met Loic. They had a close relationship that has faded a tad bit but still exists now. They've been known for getting in trouble together but recently there have been events- mostly having to do with the Inquisition which they're both involved in- that have Juliette a bit nicer to Eric though avoiding him when she can.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? Personality, definitely. His looks are a shocker but not in a good way after all.
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? He's a Slizzar and she's an Ithanian noble, while she likes Eric as a close friend she'd never consider him as anything more than that.
    • Do you think it could ever become real? Nope, Slizzars and married Ithanians usually don't mix like that.

For Merina

Dexter O'Keefe (@Owiver)

• Why are they, or rather, what makes them? Dexter and Merina met about a year after she came to Regalia, deciding to partner up in crime to survive as petty thieves.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? Both. She liked the fact that he took care of her and protected her but the fact that he had nice hair certainly helped.
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? They we're together for a bit until Merina discovered that he was also seeing several other women he was with her. This lead to Merina forming trust issues and eventually their relationship- romantic and friendly- dissolved after they attacked each other in the sewers.
    • Do you think it could ever become real? Possibly? Probably not unless Merina were to lose everything again and return to a life of crime in the sewers.
    Garth Viduggla (@BeashSlap)
    • Why are they, or rather, what makes them? Garth and Merina hold a friendly relationship, him being her second closest friend. He's been kind to her since they met and it's made her become trusting of him, enjoying the thought of having made her own friend rather than make it through someone else.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? Both- she likes his carefree and friendly personality as well as his Northerner appearance which strikes her as handsome. She'd never admit the latter though.
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? Merina is currently chasing after someone else who won't be on this list for Meta reasons, if that weren't to work out though.. perhaps they might have a chance?
    • Do you think it could ever become real? Same as above.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. YouDontKnowJack

YouDontKnowJack quarantining

I TOLD YOU I KNEW IT

10. AtticCat

You forgot that Jared Kade loves Jared Kade

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. Ryria

Ryria i amne jusst a litle creechr

The Hound of Gaekraan @Jonificus

Vivienne was originally Hengest's employer and that's how the two met. He'd follow her every command without batting an eye, which of course she enjoyed. It fueled her superiority complex, it made her feel in control. He served her loyally, and at one point she even got slightly protective over him. She wasn't exactly fond of the thought of him sleeping around with common tavern whores.

I like to think it's definitely his appearance. While others would shy away or find disgust in the one eyed, scarred man, Vivienne finds it rather appealing. His gruff nature and gross humour drew her to him, and the man has even managed to squeeze a few smiles out of her. His personality can get a bit too savage for her, though. He doesn't care for others, and is completley in it for himself. He could break a man in two and laugh while doing it.

Vivienne never spoke up about it and the two grew apart. He moved on to bigger and better things, and so did she. She's a married woman and not one for affections anyway. He never seemed to be interested, and she was more interested in having him as an object and a plaything. Love seems to be rather foreign to her.

I think it would be an interesting arch if it did happen, but no. I don't think anything would ever come out of it. Vivienne is too emotionally disconnected and Hengest is too rough for a dainty noblewoman like her. His loyalty seems to wander, and Vivienne wants someone completley devoted to her and her path in life.

Yes, actually. I think Vivienne might feel a bit shunned by him. He left her side for wealth and fame, it calls into question if he was ever truly loyal to her at all and not just earning his keep for the day. She likes to think she treated him better than most of her servants, and this is how he repays her? By abandoning her, disregarding her kindness. Ungrateful bastard.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
  12. MantaRey

MantaRey repairing the gens Staff Member Lore2

For Ania,

Cedromar Kade @MonMarty

• Why are they, or rather, what makes them? Cedric, now Cedromar, and Ania have never really had a great acquaintance relationship. They just never have. But I do believe, especially based on a particular calculator, that the two would at least make decent friends if they ever had the chance to talk more personally with each other. He's the Emperor, she's the Grand Bellator. The current situation makes things both easier and a little more difficult to pursue in regards to further introduction to each other.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? It's really more-so based around the personality of Cedromar. He's a lot like Ania when it comes to bluntness and extroverted behaviors. Not to mention he's shorter than her, which is not something she really digs.
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? Cedromar's gay, Ania's not. Cedromar's the Emperor, Ania's below him, and loyally married. Plus the two just haven't been able to get along too well thus far.
    • Do you think it could ever become real? No. Maybe a friendship could be had down the line, but that's it.
    • Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why? Most likely not, given Ania's married and happily so. If anything, with her position she may try to settle for a somewhat-alright-friendship.
    If Ania was homosexual,

Milahme Coen @D3RPOSAURUS

• Why are they, or rather, what makes them? Milahme is currently Ania's sister in-law, one of them at least. She's a tough warrior woman much like Ania, and they both have often had quite a few fun, intimate scenarios and interactions together. Ania's also been someone who makes a purposeful effort to help Milahme in any way possible. With Milahme being a new mom, Ania especially feels that her sister in-law is vulnerable.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? Both, actually. Milahme's not bad looking, and she's got a similar personality to Ania's that she can appreciate. Milahme is strong, but deep down is also very, very caring for her family--Ania admires that. It's that sort of development Ania's seen Milahme go through, also, that makes her really relateable.
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? Ania's not homosexual, and she's married. Milahme is somewhat married, too?
    • Do you think it could ever become real? Definitely not.
    • Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why? I've always adored Milahme as a character. If I had created Ania with the intention of making her a woman lover, and have gone entirely through with it with no second thoughts, I could see a chance in Ania taking a more romantic interest in Milahme.

For Kaja,

Hamelin d'Vaud @Suicidium
    • Why are they, or rather, what makes them? Hamelin's sort of an odd case, where he and Kaja are friends, but due to circumstance, don't often get to speak with each other. They were first introduced to each other when he stood beside Vulmar as a presumable servant, and since then Hamelin's had plenty of IC growth on his own. Kaja's sort of taken her own roads, but truthfully speaking, Hamelin was and is someone Kaja can go to for the occasional chat, and let it not feel overwhelmingly formal.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? I would say it's more so on personality. Kaja is someone who can understand a stoic person, especially one who chooses to act more reserved in the face of the public--to prevent any mishaps. He's also someone she finds comfort in being around, given there's not really any sort of pressure that either of them place on each other. As of late, however, she's also felt like she burdens him in conversation, which might make her step back.
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? Kaja married into the Coens, a political alliance that she and the patriarch of House Coen deemed was necessary. The likelihood of anything happening between the two is slim to none, but if Kaja's placement overall in the noble/political scheme could have been altered, and she had had much more chance to speak more intimately and personally with Hamelin, then maybe.
    • Do you think it could ever become real? No, most likely not.
    • Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why? Maybe, but it really just would have relied upon different past circumstances.

For Seris,

Jared Kade @LumosJared
    • Why are they, or rather, what makes them? Jared's like this tempting piece of gold that's being held in front of her face. Not only is he charming in his own ways, but he's also very significantly up there on the society/political scale. Being the way she is, AKA greedy, that was one of the things that initially made him a target for her. However, she also finds him rather fun to be around--when he's in good spirits. It's interesting to play out, because him pushing her away in the beginning only made her more interested in bothering him more -- and now that he'll humor her, she's rather drawn in.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? It's both, for sure. She admired Jared for his looks and outgoing behavior from day one, and especially adored the seemingly innocent appeal to him. The reaction he gave from their initial 'meeting' was definitely something that piqued her curiosity.
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? Jared's now got higher priorities, and Seris--for the most part--is more so concerned about not dying, or getting tortured, etc, for being what she is.
    • Do you think it could ever become real? Maybe. I wouldn't count it out at all, and I think if the two conversed much more, and had the chance to do so, there may very well be something that spurs. Naturally, it would have to be something very well hidden, given she's a Silven and a Nelfin, and he Humanum. Otherwise, yes, I think it's a possibility. The two seem to have a good balance of differences and similarities, and make up for what the other might lack, in some cases.
    • Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why? Not really? I think Seris has behaved as ideally as I would've wanted her to since day one in her meeting with Jared. So no, to my current knowledge, I don't think I would've had her change the way she acted towards him ICly.
    Vaughn Haagenvig @Jouster
    • Why are they, or rather, what makes them? Vaughn, formerly Valbrand, was a Northerner Seris got rather well acquainted with in the first day of their meeting. They talked, actually, for quite a few hours together; over things not really specific or important, to note. At first, he was a friend Seris liked to pick on daily, mostly because of the reactions he gave. Anything with a good enough reaction is enough to entertain Seris, and she likely would've kept going, if he hadn't have continued his trouble streak.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? It's kind of tough to say, but for Seris I would argue it's more based on looks. His personality it something that both pulls and pushes her away.
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? He's far too much trouble for her. She's someone who tries to play it safe pretty much all of the time, so his background of constantly losing his cool and starting fights is quite a deterrent for her.
    • Do you think it could ever become real? Maybe, but in similar terms to the section for Jared, it would have to be something super super discreet. Him being Ailor, and all.
    • Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why? If she really wanted to win him over, sure, she might try for a more dedicated, playful approach. Something consistently done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  13. D3RPOSAURUS

D3RPOSAURUS Lady Milahme Cone!

Aww babe <3

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. StarkFromAway

StarkFromAway bigge mistake

s o b

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. D3RPOSAURUS

D3RPOSAURUS Lady Milahme Cone!

Somehow I found this extremely difficult but oh well. Here is a lovely list of Milahme's possible romance candidates:

Valentius Decimar (@Drowdar)
    Milahme has served alongside Valentius for quite some time and the man has made quite the name for himself. I'd say that the two have already established a very sound, albeit platonic relationship that seems to mainly be built on trust and mutual respect, something Milahme holds quite deer these days. She is very aware of Velentius' abilities and knows that the man is quite capable of protecting both himself and others.
    Valentius is a fairly attractive looking eggplant, but Milahme is more focused on his Loyalty. Valentius has shown extreme amounts of Loyalty towards her family which is a quality every Coen enjoys. He knows how to take orders and also knows when it is appropriate to question such orders, a trait Milahme admires. Although it was not his place to do so, Valentius has been sympathetic towards her and her current situation, offering her what little help he could in her time of need. As much as she brushes such attempts off, deep down they are appreciated.
    Up until recently Valentius was not classed as an Ailor, and even now he still isn't exactly a human. Previously the two never really interacted much on any level other than business and therefore there hasn't exactly been much room for a relationship to grow.
    It is possible. Milahme is currently in a very vulnerable state emotionally, especially when it comes to her love live. As she has recently been forcibly separated from her husband, and has only just given birth to his child, she is beginning to feel rather lonely at times. At the same time, she still considers herself married to Einarr (Egon), and is currently putting all of her focus into raising her son.
    Not particularly, although this is a fairly new realization for me I feel as though interactions between Valentius and Milahme wouldn't change, mostly due to the previous statement about her strong feelings for her ex-husband and her newfound responsibility towards her Son.

Ania Santorski/Coen (@MantaRey)

Milahme is 100% heterosexual, but she has always had a thing for Northerners. Ania is a strong woman who has been by Milahme's side since the beginning of their friendship. Milahme has a lot of respect for Ania as both her sister-by-law and her close friend. She is entirely comfortable around Ania and feels as though she could go to her for any support if Milahme truly needed it.
    Again. Northern. Ania has also managed to climb the difficult ladder to military prowess, something that Milahme truly admires alongside her strong personality. Ania is a family woman and similar to Valentius, is very loyal to House Coen and a trustworthy ally. Her general dominance is also a fairly attractive quality as Milahme does not do well with submissive characters, or rather they do not do well with her.
    I have never even thought about the possibility of Milahme being homosexual, and therefore the opportunity to explore such a relationship never really came up.
    Alongside previous statements about Milahme's current situation, Ania is also her brother's wife so, that is very much a no go.
    Milahme will forever see Ania as her sister, and that is not going to change.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. seoulmate

seoulmate Queenbreaker

For Amelina Peirgarten,

Alvaro de Santigo @Belgrade
    • Why are they, or rather, what makes them? Amelina finds him charming and she is aware that he holds a title higher than hers. She doesn't only see him as a title though. They weren't exactly friends before getting close as the two of them come from far different spectrums, but that could prove helpful in the future.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? Definitely both on this one. Amelina prefers the tan skin, rugged look as opposed to the clean, Imperial fashion. She thinks he's handsome, but his personality towards her has proved to be more because he treats her differently.
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? Amelina finds out about how Alvaro really is or he ultimately grows tired of her timid personality.
    • Do you think it could ever become real? Out of the other listed this one is more likely to become real as it makes the most sense. He is titled and a noble.
    • Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why? I dont think so entirely. There is still a lot to be had RP wise that I think some things could completely change given the RP scenario.
    Orlin Wodenstaff @HigherAltidude

• Why are they, or rather, what makes them? Amelina finds him charming as well and his personality is a bit in line with hers, but she thinks they are both too similar in their ways to be compatible. He is studios, but holds no titles to her.
    • Is it just their looks or personality or both? She thinks he's handsome, but not her type of handsome (as awful as thst sounds). She prefers his personality over his looks.
    • Why was it never meant to be, did it not work out? Amelina prefers their friendship over what would be a relationship. Her friendship to the Wodenstaff family is more important.
    • Do you think it could ever become real? Possibly, if he ever had feelings for her and if she didn't have feelings for someone else.
    • Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on? If not, why? It might, she wants to preserve their friendship so that might make her act slightly different, but not terribly.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  17. Jovee

Jovee Piano Man

Mei-Zu Mi Qu
    @LlamaDelBae

Mei-Zu had always been pleasant company-- she seemed loyal, kindhearted, and sincerely seemed to like Atticus as a friend. If Atticus ever reached the juncture where he wanted to settle down officially-- therefore giving up his promiscuous ways-- he'd want a strong, independent woman that could function on her own. Additionally, he thirsts for wit. He knew her as a sharp, young woman, of which, her humor certainly contributed to the growth of their friendship.
    Inherently, Atticus is highly attracted to folks of more exotic appearances. While Mei-Zu hadn't any physical qualities he disliked, the age gap may have put him off to a degree. He adores her personality, most specifically her empathy for others, and tended to gravitate toward her because of her positivity. There are far too many people of Regalia that dwell on the negatives.
    Again, Atticus is twelve years her senior. His eldest daughter isn't far behind Mei in age, so needless to say, Atty wasn't entirely thrilled about the numerical wedge between them. In addition to that, Atticus still hasn't quite found himself after the divorce with his ex-wife. He's still learning bits about himself that he's not wholly certain another person should have to share; at the very least, not until he gets his vices under control.
    Perhaps? He wouldn't be opposed to it. I haven't seen Mei about in some time-- granted I, too, took a holiday of my own-- but Atticus likely wouldn't try to pursue her in the near future, as he's still in a rough patch.
    Would the realization you have created above cause you to treat them differently IC from now on?
    I may think about it subconsciously, but I wouldn't go out of my way to treat them any different than what would be expected from the flirt-bag, Atticus. As stated before, Atticus isn't in the position to pursue significant relationships in terms of romance, for he's still going through a promiscuous phase. Their future would be mostly up to dear Llama, though-- while I'm down for that sort of RP, she'd have to be willing to play it out, as well.

• Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  18. ScaledSupremacy

ScaledSupremacy No, no, I'm just a... reverse blood donor.

tfw you like romance rp but all of your chars are supremely picky with their partners.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Cuddles! Cuddles! x 1
  19. AtticCat

Juliette is picky

Merina just gets rejected :(

• Funny Funny x 2