New World (read It, I Explain More)

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by falconhand, Aug 3, 2017.

?

Yes or no

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    76.5%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. falconhand

falconhand Aieralynian Kingdom

So there's been a lot of talk of people wanting a reset. I personally think that's a bad idea for the existing worlds, but if a new world was created as a seperate world entirely, aka no regals, items, factions transfer, it would be a awesome way to get a refreshed lifestyle. I *believe* that in one of the plug-ins there's a function similar to this, but Im not positive. Thoughts? I'd also like a staff opinion on this @Omnomivore

• Like Like x 6
  2. Tubbytundra

Tubbytundra Kommandant

something to this affect was discussed during the pvp Q&A and from what I understood will be implemented in a test run in the near future

3. MokeDuck

MokeDuck Hail the duckfather!

I think maybe having a rather small, manual-massiverestore world may be fun if there wasn't dynmap.

4. Conflee

Conflee Me an the bois at 3 am lookin for BEANS!

I am fully in favor of this. Making echest, /bp, /trade, etc not carry over into this world would be essential to make sure smuggling isnt possible, but the potential to implement a new "Market" in the "Wipe World" map's spawn, and disabling Gift4All gear receival there, would be glorious. Give people a place to start fresh and not be burdened down by the broken, ruined economy.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Aeyris

Aeyris ex-ceo of Lyrah

Have had this idea for so long.

But it would definitely have its qwerks. What about a separate massive HCF server?

• Like Like x 1
    #5 Aeyris, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  6. Maytee

Maytee Average Pirate

I don't like the idea of a 'separate' factions world in any form.

It's apparent that my opinion is unpopular but I will explain my reasoning either way. Before I start, I participated in the PvP/Factions discussion on the MassiveTS a few weeks ago and know about the topics discussed.

Reason #1
    It won't be successful... Yes, It just won't work out in the end. The current factions player-base has littleraly invested years into the current worlds, I doubt anyone is willing to ditch that much time, effort, and memories.

Reason #2
    If the new world is successful... It would divide the factions community. With the factions worlds struggling the way they are- pulling away players is the LAST thing we want to do. New players would be divided on the decision to play on the 'new' world(s) or the 'old' worlds. If everyone starts to switch over to the new world(s), what will entice the new players to visit the old worlds, or the old players to stay in the old worlds if everyone is in the new world(s)?

(I've changed my mind, I won't be adding on to this comment.)

• Agree Agree x 4
    #6 Maytee, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  7. Aeyris

Aeyris ex-ceo of Lyrah

I agree the server is too mature for this. We can't afford to split the factions community.

8. Aeyris

Aeyris ex-ceo of Lyrah

I assume an option like this is far out of the question, But does anyone agree that it might draw some new survivalists and PvPers to our community?

• Agree Agree x 1
    #8 Aeyris, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  9. Conflee

Conflee Me an the bois at 3 am lookin for BEANS!

Maybe make it a "Hardcore" world in the sense that if you die in it, you cant enter for say, an hour, or maybe longer. Then as a "lure" make harder mobs spawn more frequently there, higher ore chances, heck even tie in the Dungeon's idea I have tossed around a bit, just, add a ton of reward to a harder, riskier area. It might draw some people in.

10. BenRekt

BenRekt Chopper Gunner

Yeah, this is the main reason why I doubt this would ever happen. While I'm someone who would want this in theory, it wouldn't work. Either the staff need to just let things continue as they are, or completely wipe the current survival worlds, inventories and market (with the possibility of allowing players to save certain trophy / lore items possibly).