Mcmmo In Pvp

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by Morbytogan, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Morbytogan

Morbytogan King of Desolation, Emperor of the Isolated Empire Supremium

mcMMO has been an integeral part of PvP on MassiveCraft for as long as I can remember, but I feel like now is the time to start discussing it. There are a few problems with mcMMO affecting PvP on MassiveCraft, and so I hope to at least attempt to put forwards some ideas on how to resolve them in this thread.

The Problems:
    • New players do not want to PvP
      • mcMMO potions: mcMMO pots are almost like a richman's traits - they make the server feel as if traits are still here however they are expensive, and without healthboost or absorption you will die extremely quickly. This drives newer players away from PvP as they simply cannot be bothered to work so hard just to get an inventory to PvP with.
      • Damage is far too high: This kind of links into the last point, but as I said, players without healthboost or absorption will die very quickly as damage is ridiculous.
      • There is little emphasis on PvP: MassiveCraft does not advertise as a server with PvP, and so the server has been flooded with roleplayers. This means that it's always the same people fighting the same people, which takes away from the fun.
      • Players have to grind for high mcMMO levels in order to be able to get anywhere - New players simply won't want to grind to 1k axes, 1k acro and 600 unarmed to be able to partake in a fight in which you don't lose your weapon immediately - disarm has to be removed, and the cap for axes, acro, swords etc. has to be lowered.
    • Damage is weird
      • mcMMO causes the damage on the server to be irregular and generally weird, which really takes away from PvP
    • There is no diversity
      • A fight as come to be pretty much the same - you have half of each side using axes and the other half using swords, they skullsplit and serrated strikes simultaneously and do super high damage - there needs to be emphasis on using other skills without making them overpowered - I cannot remember the last time I saw a bow used strategically in a fight, other than a bunch of Asterians bowspamming me.

Solutions?
    • New players do not want to PvP
      • mcMMO potions: These simply have to go.
      • Damage is far too high: Linking in with the previous point, the damage has to be adjusted to match the removal of mcMMO potions, so that you will not get 3 shot.
      • There is little emphasis on PvP: Not too sure about this, but maybe advertise more as creating the factions plugin? That'll probably bring in lots of new PvPers.
      • mcMMO caps: I feel like these have to be lowered, especially unarmed.
    • Damage is weird
      • Not too sure on this one, but with the removal of mcMMO potions I'm sure that would be a start.
    • There is no diversity
      • Advertise the PvP more, and how unique it is. Encourage more strategical fights, with better perks in Archery and so on and so forth.
    These are not all of the issues that I have about Massivecraft PvP - however I feel like these have to be addressed first. With no new players willing to fight, the game has become repetitive and I hope that tackling these issues could be a start. Thank you for your time.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #1 Morbytogan, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  2. Morbytogan

Morbytogan King of Desolation, Emperor of the Isolated Empire Supremium

Got any ideas? Advice? Criticism? Post it below!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sevak

Sevak King of Deldrimor

I agree with most of this. I already went over a lot of this in my thread and am hoping to get some of this changed soon :)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Herecy

Herecy Demon king & Founder of Wrath

I don't think its necessarily that the server doesn't advertise pvp, but that all the players who have the potential to pvp as in defending their factions and such stay in regalia because whats the point in going to the survival worlds? the "divide" now days didn't exist in the older days because pvpers and roleplayers were one in the same as players used to do both. it added roleplaying aspects to factions and created a player written storyline which was appealing to outside players. I honestly believe that the damage and mcmmo potions are an issue, but the main issue is the lack of depth in the factions worlds because of papers being centralized into a few factions and not caring for the roleplaying aspect on the server anylonger. I'm sure old players can back me up on this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SubscriptShark

SubscriptShark Not Registered

Keep As it is now , People need to show dedication before all else to me , since if your only log on to pvp and after log off , thats just sad so i disagree

6. xxxtensioncord

xxxtensioncord God

Disarm definitely needs to be removed. It makes it impossible for new players to PvP because they just run out and get their weapon taken. Not only do they die from having no weapon but they lose that weapon almost immediately and it's not fun when you get a god weapon, want to have fun in PvP, and get it taken from you in .3 seconds by some other player. Also, mcMMO pots need to go, I can't remember the last time I won a fight without having to use a mcMMO potion. If your faction is not extremely wealthy or hardworking you can't obtain these because it takes too much time and effort. I also think the old trait sets should come back, the ones with holy, unholy, axeres, swordres etc.

7. TMI_Lord_Khan

TMI_Lord_Khan Authoritarian Overseer

The concept is good, but the bulk of factioneers will try to PvP at one point. The real audience are two groups: RPers and new players. For new players, we need a strong PR department. RPers can't be enticed so well. Instead of directly encouraging PvP, we need to encourage RP in the factions worlds as an integral part of faction-decisions to have a bigger audience to advertise PvP to.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. TMI_Lord_Khan

Yes

9. Viscar

Viscar Nekoii's Actual BFF

With Strength II, a player with a god axe at max McMMO can do anywhere from .5 - 3 hearts in one hit depending on crits/dodge chance. That is way too much of a difference in my opinion and partially makes it based too much on luck. So if someone just got really lucky, theoretically, they can basically 4 shot anyone if they don't have absorption.

In regards to McMMO potions, they block out people without high alchemy from being able to really participate in PvP due to the large amounts of damage people take if they don't have absorption, health boost, resistance etc. Same goes for unarmed as far as blocking out new players goes.

I think you're trying to say people who log on just to PvP are sad? It's hard to tell with how you wrote that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. B0W

B0W ree roo

Right
    Wrong
    Right
    idk
    sure idc

agree

11. Sevak

Sevak King of Deldrimor

12. TMI_Lord_Khan

People have other things to do and other things to enjoy. Isn't massivecraft originally the creator of FACTIONS? The depth of factions is a greater asset than widespread PvP. That's what KitPvP servers are for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. xxxtensioncord

xxxtensioncord God

@TMI_Lord_Khan I take it you're an RPer? If you are you really have no impact on this thread because this is about PvP and what PvPers want for the PvP community. Not what RPers want for the PvP community in which they have no part in because they sit and RP in Regalia all day. No disrespect but if you are an RPer you really shouldn't even be giving your two cents on this. Just like most PvPer's stay out of RP suggestions/threads

14. aqzaqz220

aqzaqz220 Alive sadly ;)

I find it fine the way it is tbh

15. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

I'd rather see all combat MCMMO stats removed from the server.

I've been here for a year, and looking at my stats one might expect that I've done some PvP in my time. But the reality is I haven't done anything related to PvP until I saw a koth announcement one day when I was bored in Regalia.

Koth doesn't have mcmmo traits enabled, but it does allow mcmmo pots. add on the observation that of 5 people n a koth match, 3 are teamed, and you have a recipe for disinterest in any PvP nubcakes like me.

Want to know what my ideal PvP problem is? Not having enough allies to help you out to capture a koth point or raid. That's what encourages people to form alliances. That's what the fundamental drive for factions comes from.

Not stat grinding. Grinding is boring and turns off a lot of perspective players, while also not having a good reward output for time invested. If I grind 24 hours leveling up stats and then continuously die from players, I wasted a day for no change in performance. Git gud is still valid, and practice does distinguish the newbies form the professionals. But there is no good payoff to just slapping massivemobs for hours to get those max stats.

Remove combat MCMMO, including but not limited to Alchemy, Swords, Unarmed, Archery, and Acrobatics.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Thorjl

Thorjl High Jarl of NorthWatch

I'm certainly one of those waiting on the sidelines to enjoy PvP again.

The current meta is not to my playstyle. So I only PvP if I HAVE to.

Removing some of that meta would be awesome. :)

I'm a simple Northerne. I just wanna hit things with my axe and down an occasional potion or potato.

I know it'll never be that easy. But close is nice.

And anything that brings more players and more emphasis to the faction worlds is a good thing.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Maytee

Maytee Average Pirate

I have to disagree with you Nate, It's important to listen to all of the members of the community. RP/Factions players SHOULD respond to this thread and explain what aspects of PVP appeal to them and what aspects don't. By neglecting other groups opinions we're only bridging the gap between us even more.

#18 Maytee, Jun 11, 2017
  18. CrescentLight

CrescentLight Divine Warrior

Honestly tho, but the damage should be altered if that was removed like you said.

19. FireFan96

FireFan96 Ever present, Ever seeing Staff Member Lore2

though on that note, if said RPer doesn't ever leave regalia or has never PvP'd a day in their life, the opinion shouldn't hold as much wait, and the feedback is mostly based on likes and dislikes instead of fixing the system for everyone involved.

Not that the opinions aren't welcomed, but as a RPer I wouldn't be too fond of having PvPers say how they want the lore to be structured. It's the same thing there as it is here. And likewise as a former PvPer from like 2 years ago who still enjoys the casual slapping of the diamond sword, I'd like to find ways to relive those days here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. MrFluffyBun

MrFluffyBun Fluffy, Princess of Fluffy Potatoes!

In all honesty, I don't PvP. But I can tell you why.
    Reason 1: When I first joined the server, I was weak compared to all the people who were constantly raiding us. I wanted to get stronger, to help my fac fight back, but I soon realized just how hard it would be to grind my mcMMO to that high of a lvl.
    Reason 2: I'm poor. I have 0 Alchemy. I have no pearls. I have no pots. An overall lack of resources.
    Reason 3: Don't want to create negative fac relations since my first fac on this server was being raided constantly, to the extent that I got so FREAKING BORED that I left Massive for a few months. I came back and my fac was gone. Reason 3: I have god stuff, but I don't want to lose it all.
    I've been thinking about starting to PvP for a while now, but I've been held back by all three of these reasons. If I ever do try my hand at KotH, I end up running away as fast as I can and die really fast. So yeah, I agree. Even though I have a lack of experience when it comes to PvP, I can see that changes need to be made.

• Useful Useful x 1
  21. xxxtensioncord

xxxtensioncord God

I understand what you're saying. But PvP'rs don't go around telling RPers what lore they can use and how to RP but yet RPers will do it to PvPers

22. Thorjl

PvP is going to be an interaction between factions on the factions servers. Battles need to take place within that setting and the combat needs to be balanced and fair with less of a learning curve so new players can enjoy it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Maytee

Maytee Average Pirate

I do agree with you in that sense, and my orgininal comment was focused primarily on this point.
    Yes, RP'ers shouldn't be trying "fix" PvP for obvious reasons. But it is important to understand why other groups, such as the Factions/Survival community, don't PvP as often. All in all I'm just trying to stress the importance in hearing out someones opinion.

#24 Maytee, Jun 11, 2017
  24. TMI_Lord_Khan

That frankly offends me. In retrospect I suppose, I can't qualify as PvP or RP, I can only qualify as trying to understand both sides in order to create a better FACTIONS world.

25. _NotEnder

_NotEnder Chief Political Advisor of Aeris

[QUOTE=" without healthboost or absorption you will die extremely quickly.
      • players without healthboost or absorption will die very quickly as damage is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
    Not true, on the rare occasion that i do pvp, i fight people with mcmmo pots and i am using only speed and strength, and ill come out on top a very good portion of the time @Morbytogan

26. falconhand

falconhand Aieralynian Kingdom

I agree with most of the changes that @Morbytogan is proposing :)

Making this a reality would encourage many people to begin to PvP, Me included. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. crotonsky

crotonsky Thangorodrim Royal Guardsman

As someone who PvPs with low stats a good amount, I have to say being unarmed is most definitely not fun. I sometimes can't even join in on fights because I know I'll just be disarmed 10 seconds into it. And if it wasn't for the patronage of some allies who help supply me with absorption potions for cheap, it would be incredibly difficult for me to participate at all without dying in 2 seconds. I greatly enjoy PvP on this server, but what isn't very enjoyable is the large amounts of time and money it can take to just be able to participate.

Not when I fight you ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  28. B0W

B0W ree roo

[​IMG]

29. Thorjl

OY! Don't start this. The thread will devolve into another useless pile of flame. Lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #30 Thorjl, Jun 11, 2017
  30. MokeDuck

MokeDuck Hail the duckfather!

Maybe, regarding the bow problem, a solution can be that there is some massivemagic spell that has a very small chance to spawn in dragon's breath or some other spread-out effect.

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that I should learn to code and then join massive's staff to help out a bit like that. idk... I feel like I could code simple changes with a bit more time learning.

#31 MokeDuck, Jun 11, 2017
  31. Kaezir

Kaezir Lunatic

We have talked a lot about this in gamestaff.

I am of the opinion to keep things un complicated. Lower damage and remove absorb.

And combat tag elytras

• Agree Agree x 1
  32. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

Honestly unless ulu or someone wants to do it for fun, don't bother with elytras. It doesn't happen enough outside of koth to really matter. It'd be nice sure, but I think most people would agree it'd be better to put that time into empires or whatever else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  33. Kaezir

Kaezir Lunatic

Well there are certain factions that are very inclined to elytra to a roof top, bow, get knocked off, rocket to another tower. Rinse and repeat. You'd be surprised how often it happens outside of KotH. I haven't seen PvPers do it however.

But its possible to happen as factions is the focus.

34. Thorjl

Well now that you told everyone how to do it! GAWSH! :P

35. BenRekt

BenRekt Chopper Gunner

McMMO in general just sucks. I'd rather see McMMO and traits replaced by a plug-in that lets you choose an ability i.e. skull split, serrated strikes which are good in niche situations (rather than determining the entire outcome of a fight) and let those abilities create unique PvP situations.

At the bare minimum, McMMO potions need to go, I and many other PvPers have been driven away because of them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  36. HeartAched

HeartAched ~Valerus King~

37. Jackmo_Jones

Jackmo_Jones He's the Ripper, Jack the Ripper.

Only Sticks and Leather Armor should be used in PVP. You're a noob if you use anything else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  38. Celeras

Celeras

Get rid of it entirely.

and add Heroes

39. Gwyndo

Gwyndo Scottish Egg

Remember back when premium was a kind of "pay-to-win" thing, and unarmed had that glitch where it 100% ignored armour: you could 3 shot the god-tier "premiums" and if you got the jump there was nothing they could do.

I feel we should make unarmed ignore armour again because that was funny.

I wonder if anyone can tell I'm joking. All in all I agree with this thread tho, I just wanted to see if anyone would fall for this nonsense. Still gotta admit that unarmed glitch was so funny