30% Defensive Buff Discussion

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by BenRekt, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Herojipps

Herojipps Dragon of Harreldyr

OK so really there has been no idea as to how to compromise just to restate and start this anew, the two ideas are "just surrender" and "Get over it" let's run this through again

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Laach

Laach I'm not wearing a scouter.

If someone ever asks me what the Massivecraft community is like, this will be one of the first threads I'll direct them too.

"And if you look to your right, you'll see the weekly complaint thread from the PvP community. Many of these will be created as you spend more of your time on Massivecraft. PvPers often partake in many of our scheduled activities including: arguing with everyone; complaining about things or people they don't like; and all in all, not playing nicely with their fellow Massivecrafters.
    Remember: Cows go 'Moo', Roleplayers go 'read the lore!', and PvPers go 'PvP is unbalanced!'"

• Funny Funny x 4
    #82 Laach, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  3. TheTerrawr

TheTerrawr King of the Silencio Empire

Take your flame the hell off this thread now. But, in all honesty, PVP is unbalanced now.

4. Laach

Flame?
    What?
    Say what you will, but in no way was I intending to cause flame. Maybe promote or criticize flame, but not initially cause it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. BenRekt

BenRekt Chopper Gunner

Not only is this offensive and disrespectful to your fellow players, you basically have no clue what you are talking about, as you do not spend your time actually learning about PvP or experiencing it. If you want to flame about PvPers complaining about unbalances in PvP, maybe you should go make your own post, and probably go grow-up a tad bit.

(Tagging staff to clear this flame)
    @Ha5h @Gethelp

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Laach

tumblr_inline_miffxe0xjL1qz4rgp.png
    What's the point in defending my own actions when everyone considers me guilty until proven innocent? Sure, I like playing as the bad guy, but there's no fun in making it too easy for me.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. illogicalleaf314

illogicalleaf314 Regalian Pioneer

I didn't mean organise some sort of battle at aqua or something. From my experience most battles between large factions are proxy battles, faction A attacks faction B, faction C defends faction B because they're at war with faction A and faction B is just left there picking their nose while a bunch of McMMO grinders with god armour run rampant. With the buff faction B can actually do something and faction C can interfere with faction A without needing to invade them and fight against the buff.

8. Ellimairy

Ellimairy Sophia Du Polignac

Keep it like it is now.

• Immersive Immersive x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Asmodeus35

Asmodeus35 The Butcher of Necimus

People like you saying things like this is the exact reason PvPers hate RPers so much.

10. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.

"As a cow, I find this post offensive!" - Madam Moo

But seriously, people, get over it. What Laach said is almost literally true. If an entire month goes by without someone from the RP or PvP communities making a post bitching about the way MassiveCraft works I will eat my old shoes -_-

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.

And just a last word before this thread gets locked (which it really should be at this point) PvP will always be unbalanced because some people are walking armies while others are decidedly less dangerous. You'd need to remove all mcMMO and traits, turning the game back to pure vanilla, to perfectly balance PvP.

12. BenRekt

BenRekt Chopper Gunner

To be totally honest, I would be all for removing traits and McMMO completely, but no point in even trying to do that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. krios41

krios41 Privjet

c'mon everyone! let's do this! i want to se mecharic eating his old shoes!

14. Wannag

Wannag hey guys

That's quite the assumption you're making... are you sure thats true? Lots of my friends on massive are role-players. If you/your faction dont like role-players don't make an assumption that all PvP'ers hate Role-players...

15. Joshy54100

Joshy54100 ☑ rekt ☐ not rekt

Pls staff pls remove this since its introduce many bugs and glitches and I cri ;(
    But no, really, I am in support of this.

16. BenRekt

BenRekt Chopper Gunner

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Laach

But are you really victorious? Will this change bring a better PvP experience, or will it cause more problems which you will inevitably fret about in the near future?
    (Don't get your hopes up kid. Bad things happen to people who get too comfortable with Massivecraft's changes.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. BenRekt

BenRekt Chopper Gunner

Considering the fact that I have almost never had the 30% buff I'm quite comfortable at the moment. Thanks for your concerns, but I got exactly what I wanted.

19. Laach

But you're the one who made this threa-ah nevermind. It's not like I depend on it either.

20. Joshy54100

Joshy54100 ☑ rekt ☐ not rekt

• Immersive Immersive x 2
  21. favoured

favoured Pink Fluffy Unicorn

Speaking from purely personal experience here, but every time I've been raided, the 30% defense buff has been about as useful as a sheet of tissue paper. I still get almost instantly killed by god-armored pvpers. As a result, I have nothing against removing the buff to make high level pvp more enjoyable. It won't benefit me, but then again it doesn't really harm me either as a good axe blow to the back of the head seems to kill me regardless of my "home field advantage". Speaking of home field advantage, here's a message to anyone who claims that even without the buff factions still have a large advantage. You have obviously been in none of the faction's I've been in, considering for me the first 10 minutes after a raid starts are usually filled with confused, angry noobs and members running to their deaths and ignoring whatever orders I give them. Yeah, we sure got a home field advantage when half of our online members decide that engaging a god armored pvper with a stick and half a leather boot is a good idea.

• Educated Educated x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Laach

I agree, there's not really any advantage when you aren't prepared for it. I often end up getting killed constantly by PvPers when my faction is raided. Mostly because I left my PvP gear in a different location, but secondly because I just want to add the finishing touches to my dang house and they keep using archery to rudely knock me off of it. It was the literal Minecraft equivalent of knocking over my sand castle multiple times.

• Funny Funny x 2
    #102 Laach, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014