Nerfing The 30% Territory Reduction

Discussion in 'Feature & Idea Discussion - Archive' started by Yoloorange, Jun 18, 2014.

?

Do you agree that the 30% Reduction should be Nerfed?

1. Yes

44.7%
  2. No

55.3%
  1. keylan118

keylan118 Aretimen Lonsirr/Elantine Edavuer

So much argument. It is my opinion that the 30% is fair. It is all about tactics. People raiding have a better chance then the people defending without the buff because the defenders are unprepared while the raiders are organized. If you think it is unfair, then do not raid.

2. Snakeeeer

Snakeeeer King of the Red Horsemen

I disagree that theres not a significant difference. There actually is. His health starts going down.

3. Joshy54100

Joshy54100 ☑ rekt ☐ not rekt

His health might go down, yes, but is it a 'significant' amount? In my opinion no, not really. @gridiron1024 only had to heal twice during the entire video of them hitting him for about 2 minutes straight.

#83 Joshy54100, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  4. keylan118

You people may think it is OP but some of us don't use potions. Also, Get your tactics straight.

5. TheBatman1016

TheBatman1016 Definitely Maybe

Most people who have played on this server for more than a couple months use potions regular during combat. Second, the people I think you are addressing have developed great tactics.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. keylan118

I must say potions are a yes but I hate potions and mostly abstain from them. Guess that is why I lose so much. Also the tactics I have seen is Charging right at me or Hitting and Running, which are both basic tactics, if at all.

7. keylan118

Yes RP'rs do not fight. That is why they get slaughtered in the cross fire. It still affects RP'rs as much as PVP'rs. Maybe even more because weak players become targets.

8. keylan118

How about, factions that have raided or slain a member of another faction within the other faction's territory in a week or something lose the 30% buff. That way nobody loses.

9. gridiron1024

gridiron1024 Necro Slayer

I don't think you quite understand the issue. The problem is that good pvpers can become invincible, the leading buff being the 30% damage reduction. Rpers could have all the buffs and still lose. Adding damage reductions does not make bad pvpers good, it makes good pvpers gods.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. Joshy54100

Are you saying ur a god m8

11. keylan118

Did you not see this post?

12. Togal

Togal Combat Engineer

So what your saying is that if our enemy is at their base and they take a resistant buff such as archerresistant or axe resistant the total will add up to 25+30=55% damage decreased, making it much harder to actually do an attack, causing a stale mate inbetween both factions due to them not raiding, i know you peeps care about the 30% buff but you don't even use it so you wouldn't understand... so if you hide in your hole like alot of the others do you'll be safe from all the big bad boogy monsters lurking in your faction...

13. keylan118

Look at this Post!

14. Togal

Togal Combat Engineer

I would recommend cutting the 30% buff by half, there everybody goes away happy and its not impossible to raid.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Sarge_Peppers

Sarge_Peppers The Human Torch.

I do not agree with removing this because the RP fits. The RP is much like the Vietnam war. Americans went blindly into the jungles to get hit by a barrage of guerrilla fighters. The 30% defense bonus is to simulate a raider having no clue what they are attacking.

However a nerf that I would see worthwhile is some form of a counter of how long someone has been in that faction. If that counter is above 1 week the character will get the bonus, but if it is below he would not get that bonus. This would prevent allies and mercs from joining and getting the buff when they hardly know the land either.

@yendor46 is this kind of technology available. A counter to tell how long someone has been in a faction, and possibly log past factions someone was it. This would be great for the above reason, but also be nice to deter faction hopping.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #95 Sarge_Peppers, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  16. yendor46

yendor46 Nicholai the Elder

There is not presently any measure of how long a person has been in a faction. Some data would have to be added to the database to track this. The implementation you have proposed would likely introduce more lag in PVP, making it a less than ideal solution.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Sarge_Peppers

Sarge_Peppers The Human Torch.

Thank you for the clarification

18. Sunsh1ne901

Sunsh1ne901 SpiderWhale

Now with the 30% buffs, axe/swordresistant, and resistance pots, that's 55% damage reduction plus what ever reistance potions add, which can make raids almost impossible to win, if it was nerfed down to maybe 15% that would be a bit better, but 30 is about op

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. BenRekt

BenRekt Chopper Gunner

Like @Sunsh1ne901 said, just bring it to around 15 (maybe even only 20) percent - people say it doesn't make a difference, but defenders already have the advantage of home territory, meaning access to ALL their storages and homes (which you can hide in), and the ability to basically re-equip and get back to the fight much faster than attackers.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. 65jes89

65jes89 Leader of SunKiss

And also traps, should they choose to put the time into creating them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. illogicalleaf314

illogicalleaf314 Regalian Pioneer

If the issue is that they stack too easily, couldn't they just stack diminishingly?
    For example:
    30% resistance + 30% more resistance = 51% resistance ((100-30) * 0.3)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. RadonDragon

RadonDragon ;?

Guys. I just discovered a way to grind acrobatics /and/ repair...

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Madus

Madus Robot

Thank you for helping us with that

24. BenRekt

BenRekt Chopper Gunner

Yes, extremely slowly while also taking armor damage and using potions :/.

25. PatrickArrow

PatrickArrow Some aussie

Or give people who don't pvp more than one second to live when they're being raided.

26. RadonDragon

RadonDragon ;?

Alchemy grinding! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. BenRekt

BenRekt Chopper Gunner

28. stinkyvann

stinkyvann stinkyvann

@Yoloorange this is just wrong that people disagree with it

29. RadonDragon

RadonDragon ;?

It's pretty much impossible to check every offensive threat, taking Sword, Axe, and ArcheryResistant forces you to flake out on PvE or your offensive prowess. Holy can also be used, most people who would take many of the resistant traits would probably need Unholy to counteract all of the points you spent on those. Not to mention that holy water is going to hit them like a train. Also, if you take a trait like SwordExpert then you automatically counteract their resistance trait, and you only have to worry about the resistance potion, home field advantage, and whether or not their a premium member. The best part of using just one of the Expert traits is that you only have to take one of them, and you can take traits such as WitherStrike and PoisonStrike in addition.

If you're not one for taking any of the Expert traits, then you've still got access to residual damage, poison II fully counters regeneration, and if they're not using regeneration potions then they're only got so long before they reach critical health. It should also be mentioned that fire aspect/flame will always be dealing damage as well. Residual damage always trumps defense if they don't have a way to recover.

I'd also like to mention that axes can deal extra damage through armor impact and axe mastery, and that swords can deal DoT with bleed.

Oh yeah and strength II gives you 260% more damage so..

And besides, the 30% territory reduction is so that the "hardcore" PvP gamers don't come in and just wreck RP or peaceful factions, kill them multiple times, overclaim, and then destroy the builds they've worked so hard to make. Besides, most PvP I've seen isn't in these hardcore fights or raids, they're out in the wilds and one of the two isn't a premium in god armor.

30. RadonDragon

RadonDragon ;?

Oh yeah, and if you like banning things to keep an "honest and fair" meta, I'd suggest you request Smogon to make their own Minecraft server.

• Funny Funny x 2
  31. Art16

Art16 The Golden Beetle

. THIS THIS THIS

32. TheTerrawr

TheTerrawr King of the Silencio Empire

But its not banning things to make the meta fair.... Massivecraft added this in, its not vanilla. Its like adding a fakemon to a silmulation server, then wanting to remove it because it was OP.

• Agree Agree x 2
  33. RadonDragon

RadonDragon ;?

Smogon does add fakemons to its meta, it's called the CAP Project.

34. Savantly

Savantly CEO

30% damage reduction in "Home territory" Is an easily debatable topic.
    When looking from an rp perspective one can wonder how a faction of 3 has said "30%" for a home field advantage against 7 attackers.
    From a player perspective i find it extremely ridiculous when it takes 83 hits to kill a fully equipped premium in their home territory.
    So.. instead of just complaining i have a proposition.
    Maybe we could move an agreed amount of damage resistance to a player has pacifist true in their faction territory.
    That way unsuspecting players could still have a chance to make it out of the fight if they don't choose to participate.
    I would agree to disagree with that previous statement.
    Example: Said defending faction has 20 active players online at the moment, said other faction wishes to take on other faction with 30 online players.
    Why should the defending players receive a home advantage? One might say its because they know their own home territory better than the opponent. Others may say that the reduction is there to compensate for the offline players.
    Sure.. the defending players do have a better knowledge of their own home area. But i still think that the raiding faction with 30 fighters has the upper hand. Do you agree to disagree?

• Winner Winner x 1
  35. TheTerrawr

TheTerrawr King of the Silencio Empire

I never said they didn't....

36. RadonDragon

RadonDragon ;?

Sorry, the wording just made it seem like so.

37. Footymaster786

Footymaster786 Just That Guy With A Bit Of Swag

Why don't they make it so temp joining factions for the buff is disabled? I mean say if Magnanimus are raiding mithril. And raptum wants to defend mithril so benalex144 temp joins mithril, he would have to wait a day to receive the buff and for the players who are permanently in the faction they can have 20%so it's less over powered ??

38. Mecharic

Mecharic I'm tempermental, deal with it.

I do not agree to disagree - there a many examples of the attackers outnumbering the defenders and losing utterly. Being in the defensive position by default gives someone a greater chance of victory, like fighting from the high ground. MassiveCraft can't simulate properly all the aspects of defensive combat with regards to things like the desire to protect ones home and the support of walls (walls don't do jack in Massive). As such, I support the 30% fully.

39. Joshy54100

Well, there are a lot of good traps too. I have seen quite a few good traps, and after thinking up some good ones, I must say that traps can be very deadly if used correctly. Especially if you are constantly creating new ones to keep attackers on their toes. I remember raiding Valyria after they installed their portal trap in the stairs, and that first raid was a complete disaster since about 4 of us died xD

40. Wannag

Wannag hey guys

Oh yeah..